Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the pizza police
Oct 8, 2009

justice delivered in 20 minutes or less

Goofa posted:

this combined with the fact you can still glitch into the roof is fantastic

http://plays.tv/video/56b8301c498e3fb03a

Here's a cool video of why yacht should probably not be in the rotation now, but since ubisoft doesn't feel like patching anything in a timely fashion you can make people cry with your sweet skills.

Pretty much any top floor objective on the yacht is entirely useless.

Also a very cool place to run the hostage to before going and getting yourself a snack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Last night a guy on defense clipped in there to try and do that, which is silly, since you stay detected while in the ceiling as a defender. So I clipped in and killed him.

Out glitched :frogc00l:

automaticswim
Jan 7, 2005

butt interrogator

Goofa posted:

http://plays.tv/video/56b8301c498e3fb03a

Here's a cool video of why yacht should probably not be in the rotation now, but since ubisoft doesn't feel like patching anything in a timely fashion you can make people cry with your sweet skills.

Pretty much any top floor objective on the yacht is entirely useless.

Also a very cool place to run the hostage to before going and getting yourself a snack.

ubi's solution will be to make all yacht objective locations be the engine room.
and to fix hit detection they'll just remove it entirely.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

automaticswim posted:

ubi's solution will be to make all yacht objective locations be the engine room.
and to fix hit detection they'll just remove it entirely.

"Press any key to kill a guy"

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

Pfox posted:

"Press any key to kill a guy"

but i already use the super 90 :confused:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Hard, we don't mean to be assholes, but it really is irritating game loving exploits are allowed to exists and don't get addressed until a patch with some content is ready. I know for consoles it costs you guys money to patch that poo poo but really the good will you lose everyday because stupid poo poo is allowed to exist is probably going to cost ubisoft far more.

/gamenerdragerant

WelpEcho
Sep 12, 2006
Yea I understand about consoles but what reason is there not to hotfix stuff on PC?

Clinton1011
Jul 11, 2007
Yea the Castle barricade and Kapkan glitches are not a big issue for me anyway, I just see them as part of the current meta and learn to play with them in mind. The Yacht glitch on the other hand you cant really counter if the objective is on the top floor. That & the fact that the chance for the map to come up has increased is frustrating, it has gotten to the point that my group just leaves any game that puts us on that map.

The hit registration issues are also extremely frustrating, I bet for new players it doesn't seem to bad but for those of us who played before this last patch it is really noticeable. I felt Siege had amazing hit registration, better then most shooters I have played. Now I wont even attempt to pistol someone because it feels like about 1 in 5 headshots actually register as headshots. It has made our Glaz player not even want to play anymore. Our entire team does nothing but use shotguns now which has actually been hilariously fun but we just avoid ranked play now & mess around in casual.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

ItheWelp87 posted:

Yea I understand about consoles but what reason is there not to hotfix stuff on PC?

It takes time to write the fix and then have it QA'd to a level that is suitable for release by a AAA game development studio, even on PC. There are lots of processes in place and they require a large number of people to do things. Those people likely already have tasks they have to work on for existing issues or upcoming content (assuming they don't also work on other games, I don't know how Ubisoft does it exactly), which means that you also need to reschedule everything so that you can re-prioritise writing and testing the hotfixes on PC over all the other stuff they have to do, and you're in an environment where one person's ability to work on a task often relies on two or three other people's ability to finish specific tasks first.

AAA game development is a pretty heavy process and not just a matter of "one guy writes two lines of code and hits 'publish' on Uplay."

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

BadLlama posted:

Hard, we don't mean to be assholes, but it really is irritating game loving exploits are allowed to exists and don't get addressed until a patch with some content is ready. I know for consoles it costs you guys money to patch that poo poo but really the good will you lose everyday because stupid poo poo is allowed to exist is probably going to cost ubisoft far more.

/gamenerdragerant

No offense taken really.

I feel you buddy and believe me when i say that some bugs and exploits are infuriating me even more than the majority of the playerbase. I'm probably not the only one losing sleep over this. I'm also not the only one working all day on Siege and then playing all evening with you dickwads.

I can't get into details obviously but these things take time. Whether it's an easy fix or not, theres a proper process to follow in order to make sure we aren't breaking more things than we're fixing. No one wants a broken game really.

I personally think comms are doing an awesome job at communicating the priorities and explaining the nature of some issues while adding an expected fix date delivery for some of them.

e: lel

Hard fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Feb 9, 2016

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Hard posted:

No offense taken really.

I feel you buddy and believe me when i say that some bugs and exploits are infuriating me even more than the majority of the playerbase. I'm probably not the only one losing sleep over this. I'm also not the only one working all day on Siege and then playing all evening with you dickwads.

I can't get into details obviously but these things take time. Whether it's an easy fix or not, theres a proper process to follow in order to make sure we aren't breaking more things than we're fixing. No one wants a broken game really.

I personally think comms are doing an awesome job at communicating the priorities and explaining the nature of some issues while adding an expected fix date delivery for some of them.

I have to say after playing several newer multiplayer games, it's really refreshing that you guys will not only just acknowledge that there's a problem, but communicate with the players well. I really wish it wasn't so rare these days.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

BadLlama posted:

/gamenerdragerant

Trying to hotfix something without testing it can cause even worse bugs, or even make the first one worse. Hotfixes act like a monkey's paw really, you get what you ask for but not in the way you think.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Hard posted:

e: lel

lol

Also yeah, taking time to fix things correctly is good but I just want to play without having to explain to people all the current bugs.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Apparently, as a workaround for the Castle / Glaz issue, Castle can melee his barricades once each, which will cause them to be destroyed for all players if Glaz ever shoots them.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Foehammer posted:

Apparently, as a workaround for the Castle / Glaz issue, Castle can melee his barricades once each, which will cause them to be destroyed for all players if Glaz ever shoots them.

emergent gameplay???

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Foehammer posted:

Yeah good luck being alive long enough melee right infront of Glaz's sights.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

GyverMac posted:

Yeah good luck being alive long enough melee right infront of Glaz's sights.

Pretty sure he means you place your castle barricade, punch it, then gently caress off and if glaz shoots it later it will break for everyone?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

The gold version is $50 off on PSN right now. If I am a mediocre FPSer with no PSN friends should I even try to enjoy this game?

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

BadLlama posted:

Pretty sure he means you place your castle barricade, punch it, then gently caress off and if glaz shoots it later it will break for everyone?

That is correct

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Reverse Centaur posted:

The gold version is $50 off on PSN right now. If I am a mediocre FPSer with no PSN friends should I even try to enjoy this game?

The game is significantly more fun with friends, because it reduces the number of drunken, illiterate retards you're going to get stuck with against your will. You'll have hand-picked your retards.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Reverse Centaur posted:

I joined 4 rounds yesterday and I saw one other person on my team with a headset. Luckily the opposing force had no one with headsets so we did alright.

That being said a team of three dudes communicating will wreck 5 people quite easily. I would say skip unless you can convince one friend to pick it up.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

You can also buy it play some casual by yourself and try your best to talk on voice and work as a team member. I am getting tons of friend request from random people who want to play with other bros that use their mic and try to work as a team. That and I am also 14/f/ca.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Reverse Centaur posted:

I say buy it. At least 4 of us in this thread have a ps4 and this game, so worse comes to worse, you can play with us!

Orv
May 4, 2011

Foehammer posted:

So at this point should we just retool Infinite Monkey Theorem to Video Games instead of Shakespear?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Nope, that was Ubisoft's hotfix.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Orv posted:

So at this point should we just retool Infinite Monkey Theorem to Video Games instead of Shakespear?

"You know, Ubisoft, I've heard that given an infinite amount of time, an infinite amount of monkeys could eventually code a AAA game."
"Yes, but what about OUR game?"
"Three monkeys, ten minutes."

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Hard posted:

https://streamable.com/egk6

This one is a bit funny as it appears to be an bug allowing other people to chat as you with the way lines are handled.

edit: Also can we not have the possibility of dual floor bomb sites on casual popping up more than once? As a defender it almost always results in you losing in that case (though it only pops up in Hereford/House afaik).

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Feb 9, 2016

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Got this game a few nights ago. I have a frequent bug where reloading does nothing for me. And I have to run around with no options but to melee.

Just now me and a few other people in the match experienced 90% audio cut out. The only audio I heard was the radio where the hostage was at in the airplane.

Fun game, but a lot of the bugs kind of ruin the experience.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Party Plane Jones posted:

edit: Also can we not have the possibility of dual floor bomb sites on casual popping up more than once? As a defender it almost always results in you losing in that case (though it only pops up in Hereford/House afaik).

Please don't listen to Jones' ideas.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

iSheep posted:

Just now me and a few other people in the match experienced 90% audio cut out. The only audio I heard was the radio where the hostage was at in the airplane.

This is usually (always?) because a drone bugs out somehow and starts colliding with terrain constantly and very quickly so the drone movement sound floods the sound queue and almost nothing else gets through. It'll fix itself when the round is over but I've yet to find a way to fix it during the game. Maybe if you destroy the drone?

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

ghetto wormhole posted:

This is usually (always?) because a drone bugs out somehow and starts colliding with terrain constantly and very quickly so the drone movement sound floods the sound queue and almost nothing else gets through. It'll fix itself when the round is over but I've yet to find a way to fix it during the game. Maybe if you destroy the drone?

I heard a drone going batshit crazy on one of the security cams and considered that this was what was happening.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
If my weapon jams, is there any way to fix it? Or is that gun just hosed for the rest of the round?

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
Speaking of drones i seem to throw them into wall cavities pretty frequently lately when the walls ant even damaged. One time i was standing on the wing of the plane and threw my done towards the plane and it just went part way through the wall. Luckily a teeny bit of it was still poking out so i could retrieve it and re use it. I've had it happen on other Maps too.

Also still only played the yacht map once (and not at all since they increased the frequency of it).

Hard, suggest a custom game mode that is stunt maps for the drone.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
"Fairfight"

https://streamable.com/yxxv

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Copper For Lyfe posted:

Also still only played the yacht map once (and not at all since they increased the frequency of it).

Thank your lucky stars

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

For some reason I've not been able to get a 5v5 game all night :confused:

Constantly been playing with 4 or 3 ppl on my team shits hosed up just lemme play the game :argh:

the pizza police
Oct 8, 2009

justice delivered in 20 minutes or less

it's really hard to call him a hacker when you're stomping around the ceiling and stairs like a fuckin elephant

Orv
May 4, 2011

Goofa posted:

it's really hard to call him a hacker when you're stomping around the ceiling and stairs like a fuckin elephant

I track people through sound a floor above or below all the time, but tell me the round end cam wasn't obvious and I'll call you a liar.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Orv posted:

I track people through sound a floor above or below all the time, but tell me the round end cam wasn't obvious and I'll call you a liar.

It wasn't obvious? People make shots like that all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
I make peek shots all the time yeah, I don't look exactly at where the person is the whole time I'm moving to the door, nor do I know exactly where to look after I killed a drone and he hasn't made a sound in a while.

• Locked thread