Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Mr. Neutron posted:

Should I try this game even when I have no plans to PvP and if yes can someone quickly summarize the PvE for me?

Wondering the same.. I do not want to play Kung Fu Guild Wars 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Mr. Neutron posted:

Should I try this game even when I have no plans to PvP and if yes can someone quickly summarize the PvE for me?

Obscurity posted:

PvE is primarily gear progression like any other MMO, except you're relying less on RNG drops and more on just gathering the materials/gold to be able to evolve your weapon and accessories, as well as collecting Soul Shield sets. And of course farming for fancy costumes and stuff like that.

They've been relatively quick to add new content considering we're getting a new set of endgame dungeons less than a month after the game released. It remains to be seen if they'll continue to keep up that pace.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?
So in the patch notes under HM skills it just has like...one skill for some classes. Does that mean it's the only skill they have access to or are those just new potential HM skills added in the patch?

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
No, everyone just gets one skill this patch. More will come later.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

DemonMage posted:

There should be one from BSH book and one from the 5000 zen bean consumable? Unless certain classes aren't getting one or the other.

Like for summoner, Rumblebees comes from BSH and Sunflower comes from the bean.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Those are two forms of the same skill. Summoners get 3 Rumblebee forms from one book, and 1 Sunflower form from the other, in theory.
[Edit] Or maybe the only get Form 3 for Rumblebees, that's all they showed in the video. But the Assassin note implies all 4.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Feb 9, 2016

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

DemonMage posted:

Those are two forms of the same skill. Summoners get 3 Rumblebee forms from one book, and 1 Sunflower form from the other, in theory.
[Edit] Or maybe the only get Form 3 for Rumblebees, that's all they showed in the video. But the Assassin note implies all 4.

Well yes it happens to be the same base skill, but the respective hongmoon skills still come from two completely different places. I'm asking if other classes got a skill from both the book and the bean as well.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Yes, that is correct. Assassins seem to get 2 forms per book.

[Edit] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yk2aejOlU3o&t=1116s

You can see the Royal Zen Bean there, that gives you the non-Bloodshade Harbor skill.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Feb 9, 2016

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free

Obscurity posted:

This game is nothing like GW2 at all.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Rhymenoserous posted:

Ehhhhhh. I mean my bare minimum for class competence is "Can we complete it without the repair bill getting out of hand", but I've definitely removed people who were complete dead weight when we were missing enrage timers etc. Usually it's glaringly obvious who the problem is because bad players tend to die early, but in a few games I've run into players who were mechanically sound (i.e. didn't stand in red/fire) that were completely unwilling to learn a rotation/proper spec and they were causing us to just wipe over and over again.

I don't like, inspect gear or anything like that, but if a boss requires say 7k sustained dps to beat his enrage timer, and myself and another dps dude are each bringing 2.5 and your bringing one, yeah your probably going to be asked to sit. Not because I'm being a dick, but just because you aren't where you really need to be for the content.

That's reasonable, but that not being what the average mmo pubbie community does is the problem. It's not that goons will start loving each other or other guilds of friends will start loving each other, it's that the average pubbie in a pug group will poo poo on any other pubbie at the drop of a hat because they're terrible people, and then new players won't want to play the game because the entrenched community is poo poo.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

DemonMage posted:

:negative:

BM 4. Not our Z or our Block. 4. :smithicide:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Mr. Neutron posted:

Maybe? The story is kind of cool in spots but the sidequests have a ton of bear rear end harvesting, then at endgame there's nothing right now except daily quests to run a dungeon plus its open world version as well as killing NPCs in the woods while flagged for PvP.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
Best part of the new patch.

-Added the ability to customize the Clock UI to additional time zones.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

when do I get to not bother with e fleet dailies? because this poo poo is super not fun.

AngstPenguin
Oct 10, 2006

Mr. Neutron posted:

Maybe? The journey to end game is fun but there's content "blocked" by pvp, like skill upgrades and stuff. I hate pvp but the pve is fun enough to keep me going for now, not sure I can hold up when too much stuff is put behind having to pvp.

occluded
Oct 31, 2012

Sandals: Become the means to create A JUST SOCIETY

Fun Shoe

Jaroslav posted:

I am going to try and form a group for regularly clearing the 4man dungeons with goons on the EU server, since the dungeon finder is a giant dice roll. Hit me up ingame or on slack if you would be interested to join!

I will be interested in doing this, but I went on holiday and then decided to level an alt instead so it will take me a few days to get to 45. I'll hit you up for an invite tomorrow as my alt is on the blue faction!

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!
From what I understand there's only a single box of a skill tree locked behind pvp per class, and it might not even be a skill you'd like in the end.

Presteign
Aug 8, 2004
consent is overrated

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

when do I get to not bother with e fleet dailies? because this poo poo is super not fun.
You can stop now if you don't want gold. Otherwise you're doing them until we get 50.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Dawnfire posted:

From what I understand there's only a single box of a skill tree locked behind pvp per class, and it might not even be a skill you'd like in the end.

Looking at Blademaster the PvP skill of choice is locked behind PvE. It's the Lightning Star of David that potentially does a fuckload of damage. The PvP skill isn't even good. Why is it this way?

:iiam:

There needs to be a "It is a Korean mystery" emote

jaffyjaffy
Sep 27, 2010
Think it would be a bad idea to get involved in the Moonwater Transformtion Stone market right now? In theory the demand should rise with the Siren weapon buffs, not to mention new weapons in general, but I'm worried that the price may plummet since I assume Soulstones will drop by a somewhat high margin if people can buy them with Zen Beans.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
What time is the patch dropping? It's way harder than it should be finding the server maintenance times.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

also having to wait 7 days to free up a character slot so I can try summoner suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks

I had a bad day in games so I'm taking it out on blade and soul, tomorrow will probably be better

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Haroshia posted:

Looking at Blademaster the PvP skill of choice is locked behind PvE. It's the Lightning Star of David that potentially does a fuckload of damage. The PvP skill isn't even good. Why is it this way?

The summoner PvE skill the sunflower is locked behind PvP too! One can argue its good in PvP too but no one uses rumblebees in PvE while its used somewhat uncommonly in PvP and that one is unlocked through PvE.

Hyper Inferno posted:

What time is the patch dropping? It's way harder than it should be finding the server maintenance times.

Its going down 4am PST on the 10th for 6 hours and it'll be up at 10am PST the same day!

Anarkii
Dec 30, 2008
It seems like the skill/branch which is unlocked through PvP will be much easier to get than the PvE one. The PvP skill takes a fixed amount of zen beans to unlock, which you get through dailies as well as all wins/losses. For the bloodshade drop, it's a low % drop, and you'll have others bidding on poo poo they don't need.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

God drat you, Dura.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

chumbler posted:

God drat you, Dura.

You can Endura it all.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Man there is really no good reason for costume drop rates from dungeons and even arguably wheels to be as low as they are in the western release. They are worth a penny, can't be salvaged, people in the west aren't playing in pay by the hour cafes, and they're not even in the cash shop so there's no annoying a player into spending some money. There is nothing for them to gain by having rates so low and nothing to lose from raising them. I think I'm well into the realm of wild statistical improbability on Dura's costume at this point, assuming even just a 1% drop rate.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

chumbler posted:

Man there is really no good reason for costume drop rates from dungeons and even arguably wheels to be as low as they are in the western release. They are worth a penny, can't be salvaged, people in the west aren't playing in pay by the hour cafes, and they're not even in the cash shop so there's no annoying a player into spending some money. There is nothing for them to gain by having rates so low and nothing to lose from raising them. I think I'm well into the realm of wild statistical improbability on Dura's costume at this point, assuming even just a 1% drop rate.

Baron's Deathcharger

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

chumbler posted:

There's a fantastic* reason - to get you to give up and spend cash money in the cash money shop.

*Fantastic for NCSoft

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

chumbler posted:

They actually have vaguely alluded in some places to raising the drop rates for costumes in our version. Who knows if, when, or how much that will happen though. They DID specifically mention that Poh 6/4 loot tables had been updated in this patch though.

Hobo Colossus
Aug 13, 2010

A gentleman and a scholar

Jaroslav posted:

I am going to try and form a group for regularly clearing the 4man dungeons with goons on the EU server, since the dungeon finder is a giant dice roll. Hit me up ingame or on slack if you would be interested to join!

My gear's still pretty "meh" and I need to get the Dakuma or whatever it's called axe to upgrade my weapon, but I am interested in grouping up with other goons and doing whatever. Name's It Follows - a destroyer.

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

Jaroslav posted:

I'd also be down for this once I've improved my gear.

Is the EU Windrest guild on red or blue at the moment?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Bad Parenting posted:

Red, i'd be down for doing 4 or 6 Mans on my KFM or assassin

Hobo Colossus
Aug 13, 2010

A gentleman and a scholar

Bad Parenting posted:

Мe and Jaroslav started a Blue side splinter guild because - goons. Think it's just the two of us there at the moment, but both of us have alts in the Red guild as well.

Red side guild is Shanghai Goons, Blue side is Good Jobbu... same as the US goon guilds I believe?

Hobo Colossus fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Feb 10, 2016

Jaroslav
Dec 31, 2007

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Bad Parenting posted:

There are a few of us who got to 45 and are doing pvp dailies regularly decided to switch to blue side because it is so much easier to get them done. Ideally it would be nice to have everyone on the same side / guild, but red was just too bad to stick with for us. Up to you which side you want to join.

Jaroslav fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Feb 10, 2016

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/topic/172689-8-week-daily-dash/?page=2#comment-1653455 posted:

A new Daily Dash will be introduced with the new Rising Waters patch. This new Daily Dash will be a continuous loop, so once you reach the end, you will loop back to the beginning and be able to continue your daily spins for rewards.

Its going to be like the beta daily dash! I wonder if it'll have the same rewards with soulstones and such.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Got into game. Got my first HM level and my extra 5 skills and tried Arena. Went against a summoner. Got knocked down to 25% in one cat grapple as it plucked me out of the air. Went against a destroyer. Stunned, tossed, slammed, fury ani-canceled, tried to tab escape, stunned, dead. Match was under 15 seconds. Not sure what I could do to avoid it. Maybe there's a PvP skill I'm missing, or are BMs still really just crap?

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Haroshia posted:

Got into game. Got my first HM level and my extra 5 skills and tried Arena. Went against a summoner. Got knocked down to 25% in one cat grapple as it plucked me out of the air. Went against a destroyer. Stunned, tossed, slammed, fury ani-canceled, tried to tab escape, stunned, dead. Match was under 15 seconds. Not sure what I could do to avoid it. Maybe there's a PvP skill I'm missing, or are BMs still really just crap?

Everyone has been reset to bronze. I was stomping people left and right in PvP while some blademaster in bronze was giving me a really hard time and I nearly lost to him. Then I got to around 1500 and got completely destroyed in less than 10 seconds after a match started in one match and stomping the enemy in 10 seconds on another. The skill difference right now just an hour after the ratings reset is massive. You may have been fighting higher ranked people on their way up. If you wait a couple of days and everyone has gone back to their normal ratings from before the reset you'll find PvP a lot more fun.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Haroshia posted:

What is the lightning Star of David called?

Also this Daily Dash is just only get what you spin on? :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.
If any assassins beat Junghado, please let me know how you overcame the glitch where shadow dash "cannot be used under current conditions" even though it worked fine the last three times. I don't think I care enough to grind the lower floors for the soul shield just to defeat him when it seems like I die to a bug every time.

• Locked thread