Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
did the patch already land or did they just release the notes for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Sperglord Firecock posted:

did the patch already land or did they just release the notes for it

notes only, patch should be in about 6 to 8 hours

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I just got buttfucked as Fizz vs Ryze. Fizz is listed as a counter to Ryze but I have no idea why--I was completely bullied and held to <10 cs til level 6. What am I missing about this matchup?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

You do what you always do as Fizz: Jump on his face, take a big steaming dump, and jump back out. Repeat until they're dead.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I can't imagine losing lane to a Ryze so I am going to guess that fundamentally you're missing everything.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Correction: Kalista is tricky to play.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
Maybe I'm missing something, but is it possible to see if you've been marked by an enemy Jhin without just looking at your debuffs on the HUD? If he's on your team, or if you're playing as Jhin it's really easy to see which enemies have been marked, there's a little white icon next to the champions that've been hit recently, but I just played a game against a Jhin and realized that I could never tell if his W was going to root me or not without just looking at the HUD. Was that a weird bug, or are you not supposed to be able to tell just by looking at your champion? Because if so, that's really dumb.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
If anyone on the enemy team has damaged you in the last 4 seconds, or you're in a trap, you're marked.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Luna Was Here posted:

I mean what I read was him taking some comment completely out of context and banning some guy, then getting all high and mighty and tried having him write a 500 word essay about something completely off topic from what he was even banned for. I didn't know that the guy he banned came here which is pretty lol

Also sjw is no better or worse than calling someone a goon or a manchild or something

Depends on who you ask, but here's my version of the story

Magres posted:

Short version is that gamergate hates trans people and gets real, real mad if you ban people for saying lovely thing about trans people.

Long version is that I'm one of the moderators for the r/planetside subreddit. A month or two ago a woman posted a picture of a skirt she made with the logo of one of the in-game factions. Because the internet is awful, the thread devolved into morons pointing and screaming slurs and "OMG ITS A GUY." I banned like a dozen people and told them to write 500 word essays on the (horrifyingly harmful) impacts of transphobia on trans people if they wanted to get unbanned (I figured it'd give me extra chances to mock idiots, and that anyone who actually spent half an hour writing the drat thing was sincere enough to get a second chance). One of them got r/kotakuinaction, the gamergate subreddit, whipped up into a frenzy about Ethics In Gaming Moderation, and one of them decided to drop :10bux: on giving me the best red text ever

The 'joke i took out of context' was someone posting "Amazing Trap Ahead" in a thread filled with a whole lot of awful transphobic garbage. Their defense was 'it's just an innocent Dark Souls joke,' and I disagreed. You can decide for yourself :shrug:

In League news, I am terrified for 6.3 because Talon is already strong as hell apparently and probably doesn't need a huge buff in the form of Duskblade. I'm fine with Duskblade itself because I'm pretty sure you can QSS the debuff off, so there's a reasonable way to fight back against an assassin who has it, but good lord Talon is going to be a nightmare.

What made AD Assassins suddenly get strong again before Duskblade? I had no idea Talon was like #2 winrate in mid in 6.2 and that Zed is doing good again

Magres fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Feb 10, 2016

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

K8.0 posted:

If anyone on the enemy team has damaged you in the last 4 seconds, or you're in a trap, you're marked.

No, I know that, but if you're playing WITH a Jhin, you get to see a little white indicator next to marked champions, but if you're playing AGAINST a Jhin, you get apparently nothing?

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Sharzak posted:

I just got buttfucked as Fizz vs Ryze. Fizz is listed as a counter to Ryze but I have no idea why--I was completely bullied and held to <10 cs til level 6. What am I missing about this matchup?

You played it wrong. Don't ever fight him if he has more than 2 passive stacks or he can really mess you up. Try to sit in your minions to draw spells from him, which will push the wave toward you. Then you can get stronger off of levels. Have your jungler gank him when he's pushed up, or just wait it out until you get a decent buy and are level 6. Then you kill him as soon as his passive has 0 stacks or he just finishes using it. If you haven't killed him several times before lategame you're probably going to have a bad time.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Ok so 2 failed Kalista games later:

Can anyone tell me how to play Kalista?

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Magres do you want me to update the op to state you fought gamerrgate and won? While I fear no one cares, I think your tale should be, nay, must be told!

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Good to see they're making Alistar's W > Q combo super easy.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
What's better on Jhin? Arpen or flat AD?

At first I thought arpen because me doing an extra 5% damage on my 1k crits sounds better than having an extra 10 AD. But after that AD gets run through his crazy modifiers and then doubled again for the crit it might be better?

I've been using arpen with reasonable success.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Methanar posted:

At first I thought arpen because me doing an extra 5% damage on my 1k crits sounds better than having an extra 10 AD. But after that AD gets run through his crazy modifiers and then doubled again for the crit it might be better?

Damage so your laning isn't complete loving rear end. You run full AD marks and quints on him.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Kokoro Wish posted:

Good to see they're making Alistar's W > Q combo super easy.

I read the patch note for that but didn't understand it. Can someone tell me what buffering his Q means?

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Just press Q immediately after pressing W and he'll knock them up the moment he gets in range

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I don't know what the patch notes say at all but the way Alistar W works is that it actually queues up the action but the skill won't fire until you're in range. Presumably this means you can just mash W-Q and neither skill will fire off until you're in range?

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

rabidsquid posted:

I don't know what the patch notes say at all but the way Alistar W works is that it actually queues up the action but the skill won't fire until you're in range. Presumably this means you can just mash W-Q and neither skill will fire off until you're in range?

It means you can press Q while the W animation is playing and it'll buffer.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Magres posted:

Depends on who you ask, but here's my version of the story

The 'joke i took out of context' was someone posting "Amazing Trap Ahead" in a thread filled with a whole lot of awful transphobic garbage. Their defense was 'it's just an innocent Dark Souls joke,' and I disagreed. You can decide for yourself :shrug:

I guess if it was a part of a huge wave of trans jokes I can understand that guy being caught in the wave but the 500 word essay is still pretty petty

Also lol@the gamergate hates trans people thing, its like saying all gamers are raging neckbeards living in their parent's basement

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Also the alistar q buffer thing means it's pretty much next to impossible to gently caress up his combo now

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I'm not sure if the Alistar change is good or bad. For balancing's sake it's good that the combo is more or less guaranteed across all elo/latencies. It's kinda bad though because making it work consistently removes pretty much the only mechanically interesting aspect of the champion.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."

Firebert posted:

I'm not sure if the Alistar change is good or bad. For balancing's sake it's good that the combo is more or less guaranteed across all elo/latencies. It's kinda bad though because making it work consistently removes pretty much the only mechanically interesting aspect of the champion.

Champions don't need to be mechanically interesting to be good. Ali's big thing has always been having perfect teamfight vision to know if your engage will lead to a favorable ace or not. A ping gate was not particularly valuable on him.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Firebert posted:

There was nothing mechanically interesting about the combo being gated off by your ping/latency tho. It was like "is my ping low enough to do this? y/n"

I guess if you literally didn't know how to do it properly, but that won't make it easier to do now either.

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Killed By Death posted:

What order do you get FQC/RoA on Morgana?

Usually dorans start -> farm to Frostfang -> recall/TP back to lane -> try to stay around until FCQ -> CDR boots -> RoA (usually building catalyst first). But sometimes if I get a lot of gold I stick on T1 boots and complete the whole RoA.

Magres posted:

What made AD Assassins suddenly get strong again before Duskblade? I had no idea Talon was like #2 winrate in mid in 6.2 and that Zed is doing good again

AD assassins, at least those that actually read the new item descriptions, were buffed by precision/Thunderlords and the Ghostblade/Maw changes. Building tons of flat arpen is really really strong right now and Talon/Zed thrive with those. This is also the build of choice for toplane Quinn, toplane Graves, etc.

blah_blah fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Feb 10, 2016

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT

Gridlocked posted:

Correction: Kalista is tricky to play.

The best part about playing Kalista is when you play successive games with her and then go back to any other ADC, accidentally cancel tons of autos, and miss out on lots of cs as a result. :v:

Speaking of Kalista, I was watching some dude's stream today and he ran into a 4/5 of Immortals in ranked queue. Huni went Kalista in the top lane. Is that actually a thing or was he just trolling/flexing nuts because he's so good at the game?

I took notes and tried it in a normal and crushed my lane but that's not saying much because I play in drool-on-your-keyboard ELO. Huni didn't really do much different other than I could not figure out who he Oathsworn-ed and he built a Sterak's Gage - which might be normal but I've never done it. I just said gently caress it and did the Oathsworn deed on our jungler (xin zhao) and it worked out alright.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Transient People posted:

Damage so your laning isn't complete loving rear end. You run full AD marks and quints on him.

Jhins got a really strong early game, but I tried your runes anyway but it still seemed kinda bad and I definitely missed having 12 arpen at the 10 minute mark.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

How can I get SSW Thresh?

Also, I'm really enjoying Lucian and doing pretty well with him, and I'm working on learning Ez in normal draft. Heimerdonger makes for a fun top experience if I end up getting top instead of ADC. What are the reasons to be Ez vs Lucian? I really don't know poo poo about comps and conterpicking.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

kingcobweb posted:

Clarification: boots 2 rush is good *for roaming supports*
I spend 950G (soon to be a little more) pretty much immediately after my jungle item on Swifties + Alacrity on most junglers. Being able to be everywhere rocks.

Methanar posted:

His AD scaling formula is only going to matter well into the late game. On pure AD champs ArPen outscales AD by a large enough margin that I'd wager at minimum running like ArPen Marks + AD Quints is probably going to be very good.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Also, I'm really enjoying Lucian and doing pretty well with him, and I'm working on learning Ez in normal draft. Heimerdonger makes for a fun top experience if I end up getting top instead of ADC. What are the reasons to be Ez vs Lucian? I really don't know poo poo about comps and conterpicking.

It's fun to play Ezreal, you get to hit the Q button a lot. In China they call him Little Yellow Feather. People will get mad at you for picking Ezreal a lot of times. You get to buy different items than you normally do while playing ADC.

These are all reasons to play Ezreal over Lucian. Lucian is a much smarter champion to play as he is easier and still very strong. Lucian hits Q a moderate amount. In China they call Lucian the much less appropriate name of Double Gun Obama. People rarely get mad about having a Lucian on their team.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Firebert posted:

It wasn't "mechanically interesting," it was completely random. You could do it the same way but 10% of the time it just didn't work.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

The Shortest Path posted:

You do what you always do as Fizz: Jump on his face, take a big steaming dump, and jump back out. Repeat until they're dead.

I always struggle against ranged champs as Fizz pre-6. I feel like going in is always extremely dangerous. But then I guess against ranged not going in is also extremely dangerous. Do I need to just man up and take the plunge?

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Sharzak posted:

I always struggle against ranged champs as Fizz pre-6. I feel like going in is always extremely dangerous. But then I guess against ranged not going in is also extremely dangerous. Do I need to just man up and take the plunge?

Having been on the ranged side of the Fizz vs Mage match up, it all boils down to waiting till they blow their CC then making a trade, which typically you will win if you can hop over their other spells. It's really a matter a practice and knowing your damage and what you can get away with. A good fizz is a tough match up, a great fizz is incredibly terrifying.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Arrgytehpirate posted:

probably during the next mid-season invitational or during this year's world championships

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
gently caress Soraka forever. gently caress being forced to target her first every time or she makes whoever she is healing effectively immortal :argh:

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I'm choosing to read this as SJW Thresh based on the previous discussion.

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Night-vision Goggles Equipped!

This elo is pretty funny when you win, but I wanna go back to silver. Mostly because I was put in a league with a dumb name.

I'm in Nautilus' Infiltrators.

How the gently caress is Nautilus sneaky enough to have any infiltrators.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Tyty posted:

This elo is pretty funny when you win, but I wanna go back to silver. Mostly because I was put in a league with a dumb name.

I'm in Nautilus' Infiltrators.

How the gently caress is Nautilus sneaky enough to have any infiltrators.

It makes a scary amount of sense for bronze if you think about it. Who else would think Nautilus would want infiltrators?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

rabidsquid posted:

Double Gun Obama.

Found my new summoner name.

• Locked thread