Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

The Saurus posted:

Jon Stewart spent years making fun of Trump on his show and now Trump is going to be President while Jon Stewart's legacy collapses around a lovely immigrant who took his job

yep, looks like Trump is smarter.

That show was lame way before Stewart left. It was fun during the Bush years, but then I lost interest.

e: That being said, Samantha Bee has a new show, haven't checked it out yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

So did any candidates drop out post-NH?

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

okay so i just woke up and saw the results and jesus christ trump's gonna be president isn't he? :stare:

also holy poo poo that's a brutal result for Rubio. almost feel bad for the water bottle robot man

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

icantfindaname posted:

okay so i just woke up and saw the results and jesus christ trump's gonna be president isn't he? :stare:

I dunno man maybe after Bernie crushed Hillary tonight he'll rise in the polls and win the democratic nomination and beat trump in the general!

:smith:

The New Black
Oct 1, 2006

Had it, lost it.

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

So did any candidates drop out post-NH?

I don't think it's official yet but Christie seems basically certain. I think he's reevaluating or something.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?
Question for Joementum: how reliable is thegreenpapers.com? I got a little calendar for all the rest of the primaries off their website for both parties, since they had the most printer friendly version I could find.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Christie won't be in the debate now will he?

misdirectomy
Feb 19, 2008
You guys remember that time reality television personality Donald Trump called Texas senator Ted Cruz a pussy and the very next day won the New Hampshire primary? That was definitely a thing that happened?

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine
He just said someone from the crowd called the senator from texas a pussy. He then went on to say that he does not approve of such a statement. Like what McCain did with that old lady.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

The Saurus posted:

Jon Stewart spent years making fun of Trump on his show and now Trump is going to be President while Jon Stewart's legacy collapses around a lovely immigrant who took his job

yep, looks like Trump is smarter.

The only reason he's doing it at all is because Obama dissed the gently caress out of him at the correspondents dinner.

The guy is all grudge, it's his lifeforce

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
bleary-eyed, I check the final results before even getting out of bed, and begin to laugh

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine

tardwrangler posted:

The only reason he's doing it at all is because Obama dissed the gently caress out of him at the correspondents dinner.

Trump was probably happy since he got a bunch of press from it. Honestly an entertainer getting roasted is just how it goes.

The hatred he has for Jeb! though...

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

tardwrangler posted:

Do' Ald Johanna's Trump, Great Lord of the Earthen Dwarves

Warhammer: Age of Sam-Mar

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
today seemed fitting to re-check this article from a year ago

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/02/26/donald-trump-might-be-serious-about-running-for-president-hes-still-irrelevant/

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Oiled and Ready posted:

It doesn't matter anymore. He's not running for president, he's running to overthrow the government. I really can't explain any other reason a guy who the entire media snd establishment will do anything to take down also happens to be real estate rivals with Larry Silverstein, who made his name....on Fifth Avenue, and refused to allow Trump to rebuild the World Trade Center, one building of which is the only steel skyscraper to fall to fire in history. Then this guy gets a property across from the white house that'll be done in September, faults the Bushes, implies on Morning Joe that "there are other countries that were involved, not just Saudi" and when pressed says "oh you know who i mean, i have friends from there, i cant say but you know"

Then tosses around the number 6 million and says he could shoot someone on fifth avenue, that Bush is partly responsible, at what point does Occam's razor begin to support Trump running to "take our country back" - from knowing war criminals? Doesn't it apply when the Republican frontrunner has a vicious anger toward Jeb and the Bushes, is THE rival commercial builder to the insurance collector on the towers, and says such things?

Trump said on CNN’s New Day that he wouldn’t be apologizing for blaming George W. Bush for the 9/11 attacks, saying he had “advanced notice” that it was coming.

“Look, his brother gets hit on, he’s a loyal person, he’s loyal to his brother,” Trump said of fellow GOP contender Jeb Bush. “But his brother made some mistakes.”
“His brother could have made a mistake with the actual hit,” he continued. “They did know it was coming. George Tenet, the head of the CIA, told them it was coming. So they did have advanced notice.”

How is the simplest solution to this set of facts not "inside job"? Someone wake me from this conspiratorial mood.

Same.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

The article couldn't even make its first birthday before succumbing to its own hubris.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Ahh, a trip down memory lane to last year. When the Republican race was a question of whether it would be boring empty suit Scott Walker or boring empty suit Jeb Bush, the most exciting outlier being a successful Marco Rubio run. How little did we know

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

I gotta be honest here, the thought of presidential nominee Ted Cruz scares the Hell out of me.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
if trump wins South Carolina (which I'm not sure he can because Cruz) then consider this a game of monopoly and trump has the blue and orange properties and Jeb! Is one roll away from bankrupt .

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

might wanna have this guys mother check up on him

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Oiled and Ready posted:

It doesn't matter anymore. He's not running for president, he's running to overthrow the government. I really can't explain any other reason a guy who the entire media snd establishment will do anything to take down also happens to be real estate rivals with Larry Silverstein, who made his name....on Fifth Avenue, and refused to allow Trump to rebuild the World Trade Center, one building of which is the only steel skyscraper to fall to fire in history. Then this guy gets a property across from the white house that'll be done in September, faults the Bushes, implies on Morning Joe that "there are other countries that were involved, not just Saudi" and when pressed says "oh you know who i mean, i have friends from there, i cant say but you know"

Then tosses around the number 6 million and says he could shoot someone on fifth avenue, that Bush is partly responsible, at what point does Occam's razor begin to support Trump running to "take our country back" - from knowing war criminals? Doesn't it apply when the Republican frontrunner has a vicious anger toward Jeb and the Bushes, is THE rival commercial builder to the insurance collector on the towers, and says such things?

Trump said on CNN’s New Day that he wouldn’t be apologizing for blaming George W. Bush for the 9/11 attacks, saying he had “advanced notice” that it was coming.

“Look, his brother gets hit on, he’s a loyal person, he’s loyal to his brother,” Trump said of fellow GOP contender Jeb Bush. “But his brother made some mistakes.”
“His brother could have made a mistake with the actual hit,” he continued. “They did know it was coming. George Tenet, the head of the CIA, told them it was coming. So they did have advanced notice.”

How is the simplest solution to this set of facts not "inside job"? Someone wake me from this conspiratorial mood.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/697389946395627520
Trump on MSNBC:

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

does Obama know exactly what he's doing

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

trump is brilliant. he wants each other candidate to have just enough victories to stay in the race a little longer. if it ever gets boiled down to 2 or 3 candidates I'm sure he'll lose quickly.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

richardfun posted:

Question for Joementum: how reliable is thegreenpapers.com? I got a little calendar for all the rest of the primaries off their website for both parties, since they had the most printer friendly version I could find.

Other people who might have the answer: feel free to answer too.

RubberJohnny
Apr 22, 2008

Oiled and Ready posted:

Lmao you have a broken brain

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

If there is no Dog, everything is permitted

quote:

“Kasich ran a one-state campaign,” [Bush communications director] Miller told a group of reporters at the rally. “He does not have a viable path to the nomination at all, and he certainly does not have a viable path to success in South Carolina, a state where support of the military is critical.”

lol Jeb how can you even say this stuff with a straight face

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

He would absolutely high five another human if he thought it'd help his campaign or benefit him personally. The question is whether any human would high five Cruz

I'm imagining the sound of a wet clam slapping down onto a rock.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax
I assume high-fiving Cruz would have the same effect as high-fiving Slimer's tongue

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

icantfindaname posted:

No, it's still probably not going to happen.

quote:

also holy poo poo that's a brutal result for Rubio. almost feel bad for the water bottle robot man

Almost.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
stop pretending that it's so far fetched a billionaire white man could be president , look at his opponents. look at them. Toxx me right now and quote for posterity If trump wins South Carolina he will be the nominee

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

PleasureKevin posted:

trump is brilliant. he wants each other candidate to have just enough victories to stay in the race a little longer. if it ever gets boiled down to 2 or 3 candidates I'm sure he'll lose quickly.

Trump is somewhat less than brilliant if he thinks Rubio is still anything less then his biggest threat.

It's still better to be lucky than smart in politics, though.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
If I was US media I'd also be tempted to just lob softballs at Trump all day long, thinking of the absolute bonanza of a Trump vs. Anyone national election.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Oiled and Ready posted:

It's gonna be a long primary season, I think

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

babypolis posted:

its one of his weirder statements that he will immediately walk back on like "wages are too high". in a few days he will deny ever saying it and no one will ever have the balls to show him a clip saying it to this face because american news media is a shitshow

Did you miss the most recent Fox News debate? Fox News: hard hitting journalism

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine

DynamicSloth posted:

Trump is somewhat less than brilliant if he thinks Rubio is still anything less then his biggest threat.

Um. Did you stop reading the news over the past week or something?

Roborubio is dead in the water and his prior gay escapades didn't need to come to light to do so.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

AllanGordon posted:

Um. Did you stop reading the news over the past week or something?

Roborubio is dead in the water and his prior gay escapades didn't need to come to light to do so.

I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't watched it happen with my eyes.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

DynamicSloth posted:

Unfortunately for Rubio, he's neither.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

hee hee hee

• Locked thread