Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

I still have no clue what you're all talking about.

It's quoting the wrong post. He's wondering how neogeo's server hit 225% CPU because he seems to have forgotten nobody uses single cores anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

e:fb ^^^

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Playstation 4 posted:

It's quoting the wrong post. He's wondering how neogeo's server hit 225% CPU because he seems to have forgotten nobody uses single cores anymore.

This. We use Akliz hosting. The server's got a quad core processor. There was a bit yesterday where for some reason, support took away 2 gigs of RAM from our setup and the server was spiking at 400% before it's crash and restart.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
I just installed DecoCraft to decorate Baby's First City. It doesn't have a crib model! :mad:

Danny Glands
Jan 26, 2013

Possible thermal failure (CPU on fire?)
Are there any good modded Minecraft Youtube series right now?

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Danny Glands posted:

Are there any good modded Minecraft Youtube series right now?

To The Core, on Yogscast Duncan's channel. It's a modpack full of random gently caress-you stuff (torches set fire to things, darkness causes insanity, you can suffocate if there are no plants around, silverfish eggs are everywhere, the list goes on and on) played by a team consisting of a high-strung manager, an almost competent engineer, and a trolly rear end in a top hat lovable scamp. Bad things happen to them all the time but because half of it is random and the other half caused by ignorance or malevolence there's a constant dynamic of paranoia and interpersonal squabbling.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Etho is chill if you want to see somebody attempt to make some pretty things and understands the magic of editing out the really tedious parts

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Edminster posted:

To The Core, on Yogscast Duncan's channel. It's a modpack full of random gently caress-you stuff (torches set fire to things, darkness causes insanity, you can suffocate if there are no plants around, silverfish eggs are everywhere, the list goes on and on) played by a team consisting of a high-strung manager, an almost competent engineer, and a trolly rear end in a top hat lovable scamp. Bad things happen to them all the time but because half of it is random and the other half caused by ignorance or malevolence there's a constant dynamic of paranoia and interpersonal squabbling.

I love that random earth quakes caused a Mexican stand off of accusations

LiterallyAnything
Jul 11, 2008

by vyelkin
Still looking for a Spigot dev for this simple plugin. I know there's someone out there who is willing to make $50 for ~30 minutes of work.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3763608

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Brady posted:

Still looking for a Spigot dev for this simple plugin. I know there's someone out there who is willing to make $50 for ~30 minutes of work.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3763608

It's never 30 minutes.

LiterallyAnything
Jul 11, 2008

by vyelkin
I haven't even provided the specs yet.... ?

Anyone who is familiar with Spigot methods shouldn't have any issue with what I have planned. And obviously, if the dev decides it is indeed more work than anticipated, I'm of course willing to compensate them for their time either way. I've paid out several goons for coding projects and never had an issue with paying fairly.

Your Lottery
Apr 27, 2009

McFrugal posted:

TechnodeFirmaCraft is a modpack that adds more tech tiers to TFC, and boosts ore values so mining isn't as much of a grind. I'd say it's pretty good but it might need a bit more fine tuning. For instance it has Immersive Engineering which costs a TON of iron to do things with, but iron is actually harder to process than other metals in TFC so it's not really worth it to make the IE Crusher. Instead I just got the Railcraft Rock Crusher (which does not instakill you, at least in this modpack, but it will destroy items that brush the top of it so put blocks on it to prevent that!) and went straight for the Mekanism enrichment chamber after that. Immersive Engineering's power generation is pretty easy to get going though. It's just the big multiblock structures which are a problem.

I've been playing TechnodeFirmaCraft lately and am quite enjoying it. It fixes my biggest issue with TFC - that being once you start with the anvil, gameplay doesn't really change much. The techmods are gated and serve to make the tedious things easier as you tech up. For example, making steel with the TFC blast furnace requires making pig iron by babysitting the blast furnace's bellows and keeping it full of charcoal, then hammering the pig iron ingots into high carbon steel on the anvil, then hammering them again into steel. But once you have steel you can make the railcraft blast furnace which lets you make pig iron without babysitting and the rolling machine to skip the anvil steps.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Is there any BFSR but for magic mods?

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Reason posted:

tbh I'd kill for a baby's first forest hike or something, but I'm far too lazy to make it myself.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Reason posted:

There's Simply Magic on FTB. Covers Ars Magica, Thaumcraft, Botania, Mystcraft, Blood Magic, Witchery, and Aura Cascade, with some add-ons for them. Downside is vanilla tools/armor is nerfed, but that's to encourage using mod stuff. Also storage options are Iron Chests and JABBA. Uses OpenBlocks graves when you die, which can be a pain in the rear end to retrieve stuff if you die in a roguelike. I've found like 3 huge villages so far as well. I think I'm gonna switch over to keepInventory true and disable the openblocks graves for myself.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Has anyone on 1.8+ tried out this Intangible thing DW20's been spotlighting? Seems neat, but I'm wondering how you'd get the right mobs at the right places when you don't just use spawn eggs.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Edminster posted:

Love your descriptions of Lewis, Honeydew and Duncan (at least thats who i think you are talking about)

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

taiyoko posted:

There's Simply Magic on FTB. Covers Ars Magica, Thaumcraft, Botania, Mystcraft, Blood Magic, Witchery, and Aura Cascade, with some add-ons for them. Downside is vanilla tools/armor is nerfed, but that's to encourage using mod stuff. Also storage options are Iron Chests and JABBA. Uses OpenBlocks graves when you die, which can be a pain in the rear end to retrieve stuff if you die in a roguelike. I've found like 3 huge villages so far as well. I think I'm gonna switch over to keepInventory true and disable the openblocks graves for myself.

Not quite BFSR (no HQM) but TPPI2 (FTB launcher pack code SUPER WHALE KICK)

is tweaked to balance the paths so they are all about the same,. so whether you do Witchery, Blood Magic , Thaum, Botania, BC, IC2, Ender IO or MFR its all about the same effort and there are some good books in game for stuff.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

TheresaJayne posted:

Not quite BFSR (no HQM) but TPPI2 (FTB launcher pack code SUPER WHALE KICK)

is tweaked to balance the paths so they are all about the same,. so whether you do Witchery, Blood Magic , Thaum, Botania, BC, IC2, Ender IO or MFR its all about the same effort and there are some good books in game for stuff.

Test Pack Please Ignore 2....... what a name. and the pack code has no spaces. Ill be giving it a try too. I am pretty sure i looked at Simply Magic, but didnt like it for some reason.....

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Meskhenet posted:

Test Pack Please Ignore 2....... what a name. and the pack code has no spaces. Ill be giving it a try too. I am pretty sure i looked at Simply Magic, but didnt like it for some reason.....

Test _____ Please Ignore is kind of like Reddit's equivalent of LLJK or Do You Have Stairs.

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Is there any trick to disconnecting two adjacent AE2 cables? It says you should be able to unhook them using any buildcraft compatible wrench, just like TE ducts, but it's just not happening. Keeping all separate cables at least two blocks apart is making wiring on different channels a pain.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Danger Mahoney posted:

Is there any trick to disconnecting two adjacent AE2 cables? It says you should be able to unhook them using any buildcraft compatible wrench, just like TE ducts, but it's just not happening. Keeping all separate cables at least two blocks apart is making wiring on different channels a pain.

Have... have you never seen cable anchors?

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

StealthArcher posted:

Nope, had no idea! Works great, thanks.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

StealthArcher posted:

Yes, omg are these worth the iron to make. Just make sure you get every part that can connect.

I set up some cables that sort of worked, but didnt quite and i just couldnt find out why not. About a week later i was running past some cable and noticed that one corner of two cables were connected when they shouldnt be ><.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

Has anyone on 1.8+ tried out this Intangible thing DW20's been spotlighting? Seems neat, but I'm wondering how you'd get the right mobs at the right places when you don't just use spawn eggs.

He didn't actually use it, but it looked like one of the first spells you get is used to move mobs around, so probably that.

Late game you stick a soul wrench near a spawner and have infinite power.

Honestly, this mod looks like the coolest goddamned thing. I want to make my zardoz head.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Meskhenet posted:

TPPI2 is kind of underwhelming. I liked TPPI1 but TPPI2 feels kinda pointless and I liked it less than The 1.7.10 Pack or most of the other major packs. One of the big appeals of TPPI was that it had gregtech in a reasonable way, but TPPI2 is just TPPI1 without gregtech and with nothing really of note.

It's not bad or anything. The balance changes are pretty reasonable and not grindy. It has a decent assortment of mods, too.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Feb 11, 2016

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

senae posted:

He didn't actually use it, but it looked like one of the first spells you get is used to move mobs around, so probably that.

Late game you stick a soul wrench near a spawner and have infinite power.

Honestly, this mod looks like the coolest goddamned thing. I want to make my zardoz head.

It certainly seems elaborate. Went a weird place with this whole creation and worship of deities stuff in the later parts, though :v:

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
Did Technic change its rules for modpack archive names? I set up a modpack.zip for a BFSR beta, and it's yelling at me that it's can't find BFSR-Beta-1.0.zip all of a sudden. I had to rename the modpack.zip to that in dropbox to shut it up.

Edit: Also, seriously, how long does it take to propagate information downstream? I'm trying to do a test download and it's stuck on the stale dropbox link I had before I saved the page over 5 minutes ago.

Rocko Bonaparte fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Feb 11, 2016

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I just sucked the soul out of an innocent sheep then let it out of its cage of bone just to watch it die

I'm a monster :smith:

I can safely say this mod is going to be a grindy son of a bitch without the power of JEI though

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Feb 11, 2016

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Did Technic change its rules for modpack archive names? I set up a modpack.zip for a BFSR beta, and it's yelling at me that it's can't find BFSR-Beta-1.0.zip all of a sudden. I had to rename the modpack.zip to that in dropbox to shut it up.

Edit: Also, seriously, how long does it take to propagate information downstream? I'm trying to do a test download and it's stuck on the stale dropbox link I had before I saved the page over 5 minutes ago.

I never had problems with mine when i did morepower2

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Ciaphas posted:

I just sucked the soul out of an innocent sheep then let it out of its cage of bone just to watch it die

I'm a monster :smith:
What mod was this? E: Nevermind. Intangible, huh? Man we really need some 1.8 modpacks put together.

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

I have the same problem, I assumed it was something to do with AWS and put the file on dropbox so I could test it. I still can't get any new modpack zip's on AWS to work properly.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

So, PSI has been released. Requires Minecraft 1.8.9.

If you like programming and understand vector math, this will be quite the treat.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

fondue posted:

I have the same problem, I assumed it was something to do with AWS and put the file on dropbox so I could test it. I still can't get any new modpack zip's on AWS to work properly.

It did start downloading it after I saved the page twice. I don't know if doing that was just cargo-cult shenanigans and it was going to update in the launcher anyways. However, I definitely did have to rename it to bfsr-beta-1.0. I assume it's just throwing dashes in for spaces in the pack name and appending the version number now. As far as naming goes, I think that's better than having a pile of modpack.zip files, but I missed the memo on it.

So yeah, there's a BFSR beta, but I forgot to turn on all the right lockdown settings so it doesn't actually start new players in the Tutorial World I have been making. Whoops! I'll probably be hosting an instance of the beta on my own computer so I can get a little help polishing off the tutorial world. I'm hoping I can do that and finish advanced quests for the pack's 1-year anniversary.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Glory of Arioch posted:

So, PSI has been released. Requires Minecraft 1.8.9.

If you like programming and understand vector math, this will be quite the treat.

I don't understand what's going on here with two minutes of looking but as a programmer it looks like I've got something else to do this weekend! :v:

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010
Vazkii is quickly becoming my favorite person.

LiterallyAnything
Jul 11, 2008

by vyelkin
Can anyone help me with Dynmap? the URL/IP + port gives a time out error. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Here's what's in my Dynmap config-

# The network-interface the webserver will bind to (0.0.0.0 for all interfaces, 127.0.0.1 for only local access).
# If not set, uses same setting as server in server.properties (or 0.0.0.0 if not specified)
webserver-bindaddress: 162.208.49.105

# The TCP-port the webserver will listen on.
webserver-port: 8111

And here's my netstat from Debian, which appears to look correct-

Minecraft:
tcp6 0 0 162.208.49.105:25565 :::* LISTEN 3439/java

Dynmap:
tcp6 0 0 162.208.49.105:8111 :::* LISTEN 3439/java

Any ideas?

Edit- Figured it out!

LiterallyAnything fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Feb 13, 2016

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i feel like psi is one of those things i'll never be able to wrap my head around but i appreciate that it exists

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
It's Vazkii, so it will actually have good ingame documentation unlike most other mods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maimgara
May 2, 2007
Chlorine for the Gene-pool.
So, Psi looks to be a Funge implementation for Minecraft. A Funge is a subtype of programming language off the Esoteric Programming Language tree. These are usually technically-usable but totally impractical programming languages, written mostly for the authors amusement or aesthetics.
Program code is 99% of the time written as a text file, where the program flow steps from line to line executing the instruction and continuing to the next line. The Funge languages are different, the instructions are in a XY coordinate grid (like a chess board, with the pieces as actions for the computer to do)

There is the grid, the dotted lines are flow control, numbers are variables and the various symbols are instructions.
Looks like a cool mod.