Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hardbody Jones
Dec 14, 2002

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/697460843194294277

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing

Lol

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Did anyone think he was actually going to fight during this millennium

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
*watches opponent beat up a journalist in less than a minute* uh yeah, I need to get surgery

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Good lord

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Look Punk wanted to take this fight, he surely did, but he really needs to have this urgent surgery to fix his long term back problem that just happened to flare up again when he tried to pick up the pen to sign the contract.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Yeah, uh, that might be it, really.

afatwhiteloaf
Oct 19, 2012
Former heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez is also having back surgery so hopefully he can show Punk some techniques while they're both in rehab.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Elite wolf ticket sales technique

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Punk: "I want to be a UFC fighter!"

*gets signed by UFC, trains for 2 years*

Dana: "Punk, we have an opponent for you!"

Punk: :yikes: "Uhh.. I need back surgery lol"

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
When is UFC going to put a video of Punk's rear end on youtube?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

HulkaMatt posted:

PREDICTIONS FOR 2016

Bluedeanie posted:

CM Punk doesn't fight

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

How long is this rear end in a top hat out? He was asking for UFC 200.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Ty1990 posted:

How long is this rear end in a top hat out? He was asking for UFC 200.

4-6 weeks which coincidentally would bring him back just in time for a camp for UFC 200.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Putting him on UFC 200 doesn't make much sense to me. That card kinda sells itself and it's not like he needs the exposure. Let him heal up and fight at UFC 201 with Bones/Rumble and that'll help pop a nice buy rate then.

This is all assuming he's even planning on fighting at all.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

It makes perfect sense to me if he has PPV points on his contract and he thinks that after this one fight he's going to wash out.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

He's never gonna fight

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Skinty McEdger posted:

It makes perfect sense to me if he has PPV points on his contract and he thinks that after this one fight he's going to wash out.
I was looking at it from the UFC's perspective, and ultimately they'll be the ones to make the call.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Ty1990 posted:

I was looking at it from the UFC's perspective, and ultimately they'll be the ones to make the call.

Oh for sure. I don't think they would be dumb enough to fall for that if that was the play.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ty1990 posted:

Putting him on UFC 200 doesn't make much sense to me. That card kinda sells itself and it's not like he needs the exposure. Let him heal up and fight at UFC 201 with Bones/Rumble and that'll help pop a nice buy rate then.

This is all assuming he's even planning on fighting at all.

Right now all they have for UFC 200 is hoping that Conor wins quickly in March so he can fight on UFC 200.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Right now all they have for UFC 200 is hoping that Conor wins quickly in March so he can fight on UFC 200.

Gotta think they're targeting that show for Robbie/Condit II or Robbie/Wonderboy as well.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

poo poo or get off the pot, Punk.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ty1990 posted:

Gotta think they're targeting that show for Robbie/Condit II or Robbie/Wonderboy as well.

That's a 300,000 buy fight on its own. UFC 100 had Brock/Mir, GSP/Alves and The Greatest Punch in History. If Conor is good to go that's a fine #2. If he's not, they have nothing huge for that show.

Mystery Opponent
Sep 27, 2006

but u was a real nigga
i could sense it in u
Bump this thread every time CM Punk ducks a 1-0 record opponent

Kurohashi
Sep 8, 2005

*waddle waddle*
GIF Request of when Karo pulled out of the Yoshiyuki Yoshida fight due to back injury last minute and someone made a GIF of Yoshida's beastly training photos followed by photoshopped Karo at a desk exclaiming "OUCH MY BACK"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Okay I'm starting to side with the people who think he's never going to fight

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Mystery Opponent posted:

Hey, hey, hey, he's 2-0 now.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Mystery Opponent posted:

you don't need to worry about it, people love talking about cm punk. it'll get bumped regardless :)

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
this guy got a signing bonus to pay for back surgery and has had years of accident insurance at an mma gym for free, that's a cool scam

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

CM Punk is going to get halfway down the ramp for his first fight and suddenly remember he left the stove on.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Triticum Guzzler posted:

this guy got a signing bonus to pay for back surgery and has had years of accident insurance at an mma gym for free, that's a cool scam

He got a bus and way cooler entrance music for putting a belt in a fridge he will milk the system for all it's worth.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
I can't wait for In Living Color to rock Jerryworld

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Dude's a really good pro wrestler.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

cams posted:

you don't need to worry about it, people love talking about cm punk. it'll get bumped regardless :)

:ironicat:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://twitter.com/mickeygall/status/697492981016821760

he's going to be disappointed.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Triticum Guzzler posted:

nobody is as good at clowning their employers like cm punk

best in the world

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Triticum Guzzler posted:

GOAT

cams
Mar 28, 2003

what is ironic? i loving love talking about cm punk. he's the best ever. this is my favorite thread in sa history

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

nobody is as good at clowning their employers like cm punk

best in the world

Brian Pillman was working a loose cannon angle where he was booked to be on the outs with WCW management. He talked his bosses into letting him work ECW after giving him a formal release so it would add to the realism.

He then continued the angle in ECW got even more heat and then showed the paperwork showing that he was no longer a WCW guy to WWF who promptly hired him.

• Locked thread