Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

FishionMailed posted:

I don't really like Apple but I gotta say; so what?

They're the biggest company in the world, growth can't just continue like that forever. They're not only the biggest, they're also the most profitable company in the world. I think they're starting to slip too but if Apple falls it's going to be 10-15 years from now (at least). They've got poo poo tons of capital to work with in the meantime.

That article is kinda 'tech people chime in with their business/finance thoughts.'

It's not like a certain company that has fallen hard and is barely scraping by, oh wait

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Polo-Rican posted:

tim cook is the one caving to every possible thing that any nerd has ever demanded - huge screens, garish colors, styluses, battery cases, screen protectors, multitasking on mobile OSes, third party keyboards, etc

this sounds more like "tim cook isn't caving to *my* demands so it's bad"

like if they were truly caving to nerd demands they would reintroduce a 4 inch phone, because normal people like the big phones

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

theultimo posted:

It's not like a certain company that has fallen hard and is barely scraping by, oh wait

i thought tinypic closed?

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

computer parts posted:

like if they were truly caving to nerd demands they would reintroduce a 4 inch phone
they are :angel:

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Smythe posted:

i thought tinypic closed?

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx

computer parts posted:

like if they were truly caving to nerd demands they would reintroduce a 4 inch phone, because normal people like the big phones

normal people like <new apple product>, the smaller 6/6S outsold the behemoth 6+/6S+ by a huge margin

my reasons for wanting a 4" phone are 1. I mainly use my phone for PDA and communication and 2. I want to put it in my jacket pocket without loving up the drape, not especially nerdy considerations

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
I want the biggest phone ever. I want a phone that's the size of a briefcase, and as heavy as one too.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

Smythe posted:

I want the biggest phone ever. I want a phone that's the size of a briefcase, and as heavy as one too.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
May as well start your kids on at least a 5.5 screen, need to start the evolution process to get bigger hands for bigger and bigger screens

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
After only a week of using my big phone, my small phone feels very weird to hold

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
remember when Stephen Colbert got an iPad pocket tailored into his suit

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Valeyard posted:

May as well start your kids on at least a 5.5 screen, need to start the evolution process to get bigger hands for bigger and bigger screens

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

mmm that rotary dial

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

is there a rotary android app for calls?

Otaku Alpha Male
Nov 11, 2012

bitches get ~tsundere~ when I pull out my katana

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

Stux doxxed?

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

computer parts posted:

You have AIDS.

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx
do people actually use bigphone who aren't huge nerds and/or have bad eyesight? thats the only two groups of users I've ever seen with 6+/Note size behemoths, guys writing shell scripts on the subway and little asian women playing candy crush or reading the corean edition of People Magazine who have cases that make their mong phone look like a clutch

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
it's turns out you don't much care if your phone ruins the lines of your jacket when you wear cargo jorts to work every day

i have big hands and i need a big phone ~jams 7" phone into the tents of material hangin off his size 70 waist~

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
it's always tiny Asian women. always.

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

:D
Grimey Drawer
lol @ all the people arguing about brands that are making money off them

be it android or apple, people use whatever they like for whatever reason and there's nothing to debate about really

some people like faster hardware, some people dislike the software, but at the end of the day it's their money so why criticize what they've chosen ??

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
it's fun to mock people for their terrible choices

that's what yospos is all about really

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

:horse:

Internaut! posted:

do people actually use bigphone who aren't huge nerds and/or have bad eyesight? thats the only two groups of users I've ever seen with 6+/Note size behemoths, guys writing shell scripts on the subway and little asian women playing candy crush or reading the corean edition of People Magazine who have cases that make their mong phone look like a clutch

I know a few women who use the 6+ since their pants don't have pockets it doesn't matter that the 6+ doesn't fit in them

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

dear mr. death robbit,

why is the cloud so slow and also bad?

sincerely,

- a concerned yosposter

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

:D
Grimey Drawer

infernal machines posted:

it's fun to mock people for their terrible choices

that's what yospos is all about really

but people make choices based on their social economic situations they are in or the general environment around them that's influencing their decision, which isn't that funny to mock them for if you think about it

it's like laughing at the unfortunate who were born into the situation

also this used to be about cool computer stuff and people sharing their knowledge and whatnot, instead of mocking

oh well

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I get a step, HE get a step

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

zen death robot posted:

because you hate change and touch yourself at night

also pages load in under a second for me

those are both true, but my pageloads take one to five or six seconds and that's far too long when i'm furiously :f5:ing for updates

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i also have no browser extension or adblock

i pay for noads because i believe in throwing good money after bad

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

DaNzA posted:

but people make choices based on their social economic situations they are in or the general environment around them that's influencing their decision, which isn't that funny to mock them for if you think about it

it's like laughing at the unfortunate who were born into the situation

also this used to be about cool computer stuff and people sharing their knowledge and whatnot, instead of mocking

oh well

you're like those boomers pining for a leave it to beaver golden age that never was.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Internaut! posted:

my reasons for wanting a 4" phone are 1. I mainly use my phone for PDA and communication and 2. I want to put it in my jacket pocket without loving up the drape, not especially nerdy considerations

despite what your wife may say, it really isnt about how you use it

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
When a pedofile gets raped in prison I think it's funny.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

zen death robot posted:

Sent you a PM about this so we're not spamming this thread with tech support

GENTLEMEN GENTLEMEN THERE'S NO TECH TALKING HERE THIS IS YOSPOS

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

this is amazing and hilarious

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

This is actually p.cool

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Polo-Rican posted:

huge screens, garish colors, styluses, battery cases, screen protectors, multitasking on mobile OSes, third party keyboards, etc

these are all things nerds moan about actually you weirdo. except the last two.

theultimo posted:

http://www.slate.com/articles/technology/technology/2016/01/apple_may_have_peaked_in_2015_gulp.html

So, how close did Apple come to not setting all-time records in the most recent quarter? This close: Its revenues and profits surpassed the highs set in the same quarter last year by roughly 2 percent each. This after a five-year span over which Q1 revenues had exploded fivefold, including a 30 percent jump between 2014 and 2015. So, while the company’s revenues are still growing, that growth just screeched to a near halt.

gently caress you timb

u gonna ignore 2013-2014 then or what?

Internaut! posted:

normal people like <new apple product>, the smaller 6/6S outsold the behemoth 6+/6S+ by a huge margin

again ignoring that although the standard 6 outsold the + and was the best selling iphone ever, the + was the second best selling iphone ever and outsold every tiny phone apple had ever made

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
think u would all be better off going back to janitoring some servers or w/e because ur obv all too dumb to understand basic concepts of how businesses work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
STFU bitch.

• Locked thread