Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TwoPair posted:

I thought in the Waid run he just straight killed Bullseye, leaving him to drown in the radioactive waste but it's been a while since I've read that issue.

No, still alive so someone can stick his mind in a new body someday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Ah yes, the Betsy Braddock treatment.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Didn't the latest Elektra series (or How I Learned to Love Del Mundo) fix him up?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Die Laughing posted:

Didn't the latest Elektra series (or How I Learned to Love Del Mundo) fix him up?

Did it? I don't know as by the third issue we were selling zero copies so we stopped carrying.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Jackie Earl Haley has been cast as Odin Quincannon in Preacher. For those playing at home, this is the third comic adaptation Haley has appeared in.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Is he the crazy meat magnate?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

greatn posted:

Is he the crazy meat magnate?

YEP! NSFW spoiler pic from comic.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Rhyno posted:

Did it? I don't know as by the third issue we were selling zero copies so we stopped carrying.

Yeah. The Hand get their, uh, hands on him from SHIELD custody. Don't know why the book didn't catch on. A collected edition would be worth picking up just for the art, and the story wasn't bad either.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

RevKrule posted:

Jackie Earl Haley has been cast as Odin Quincannon in Preacher. For those playing at home, this is the third comic adaptation Haley has appeared in.

They've said that they're obviously re-arranging stuff to have him show up early. As in they're moving the meatpacking plant from Salvation to Jesse's hometown.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yuck. Salvation is the one arc of Preacher that is 100% unnecessary and could have been skipped.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Die Laughing posted:

Yeah. The Hand get their, uh, hands on him from SHIELD custody. Don't know why the book didn't catch on. A collected edition would be worth picking up just for the art, and the story wasn't bad either.

Agreed, but I'll read anything del Mundo is drawing without question. I thought Cape Crow was a really cool new character too.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Rhyno posted:

Yuck. Salvation is the one arc of Preacher that is 100% unnecessary and could have been skipped.

It's the part of the book when Ennis was obviously bored with the premise.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It'll make good television though.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rhyno posted:

Considering this is the first stuff from the comic we've seen, it seems odd.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
They could adjust the timeline and make it work, I guess. Jesse leaves the church and moves to a new town, run by Odin, decides that the best way to help people is not to preach but to fight for the little man.

Who knows though...if they're dropping the supernatural/Word element of the comics Salvation is about the only plotline they can actually do.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Rhyno posted:

I thought that it was sort of necessary as it gave Jesse roots. It was a place that he felt that he belonged. It also is where Arseface gets his "happy" ending.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bobkatt013 posted:

I thought that it was sort of necessary as it gave Jesse roots. It was a place that he felt that he belonged. It also is where Arseface gets his "happy" ending.

He belonged with Tulip, not playing Sheriff in a hillbilly town. And the whole "Oh hea this guy is a Nazi and the Nazis were bad remember!" bit was retarded as all hell.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Rhyno posted:

He belonged with Tulip, not playing Sheriff in a hillbilly town. And the whole "Oh hea this guy is a Nazi and the Nazis were bad remember!" bit was retarded as all hell.

That is when he thought she left him for Cassidy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bobkatt013 posted:

That is when he thought she left him for Cassidy.

I remember. That doesn't make Salvation not a lovely arc.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
I thought I read that despite what the trailer looked like, The Word and Genesis would be in the show, and that the trailer was deliberately low key.

I'm more interested in how they're going to do John Wayne.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Tonight's Flash teased the Supergirl/Flash crossover by when Barry was travelling between dimensions we saw a glimpse of Supergirl.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

muscles like this? posted:

Tonight's Flash teased the Supergirl/Flash crossover by when Barry was travelling between dimensions we saw a glimpse of Supergirl.

Barry saw a metahuman from another Earth and his murderous side can't let her live.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

muscles like this? posted:

I'd not say that was a glimpse, more of a HEY ITS SUPERGIRL.

I like how Earth-2 is basically golden age DC world.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

twistedmentat posted:

I'd not say that was a glimpse, more of a HEY ITS SUPERGIRL.

I like how Earth-2 is basically golden age DC world.

Isn't that what Earth 2 was in the comics, pre-crisis?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Was that also a glimpse of the 90's Flash show in the speed cannon? Also was there something different about Green Arrow in the cannon or was it just a normal clip?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Isn't that what Earth 2 was in the comics, pre-crisis?

Yes, Earth 2 was literally where they said "All that Golden Age stuff that doesn't count anymore happened here."

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Kingtheninja posted:

I think it's worth watching all of it, they recently added season 2 (after something like 2 years I think).

About time, I'd stopped checking to see if it was there yet.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

ToastyPotato posted:

Was that also a glimpse of the 90's Flash show in the speed cannon? Also was there something different about Green Arrow in the cannon or was it just a normal clip?

I think there must have been something different about GA because I can't see them putting in a regular clip for no reason. Only thing I can think is that maybe we'll get to see Earth-2 Arrow since the Wells flashback episode already teased that on Earth-2, Ollie dies at sea and Robert Queen becomes Green Arrow. Alternately, isn't there supposed to be an upcoming episode of Legends of Tomorrow where the team travels to a dystopian Star City (or maybe that was just a rumor I read...)?

But yeah I totally think that was 90s Flash in the speed cannon

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
90s Flash, Supergirl, Grodd, A Green Arrow played by a completely different actor that might be Connor Hawk in an LoT ep, a Legion ring, the new guy playing Jonah Hex in LoT.

And maybe one other I'm forgetting about, but it must not have been important.

TwoPair posted:

Alternately, isn't there supposed to be an upcoming episode of Legends of Tomorrow where the team travels to a dystopian Star City (or maybe that was just a rumor I read...)?

That's a different thing than the Speed Cannon GA glimpse, but yeah an LoT ep is supposed to have an older, grizzled, bearded, armless Stephen Amell.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

TwoPair posted:

Alternately, isn't there supposed to be an upcoming episode of Legends of Tomorrow where the team travels to a dystopian Star City

So regular Star City then?

ufarn
May 30, 2009
So what was up with the West-Allen phone having the Justice League on speed dial? I guess this should go in the Flash thread, but I like you people better.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Standard feature on all phones on earth 1.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Stephen Amell is still playing the LoT alternate Green Arrow, so that was someone else.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Aphrodite posted:

Stephen Amell is still playing the LoT alternate Green Arrow, so that was someone else.

Something else

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

greatn posted:

Something else

:golfclap:

One of the comic websites had a clear shot of the Green Arrow and it was most certainly not Oliver Queen.

http://comicbook.com/2016/02/09/the-flash-easter-eggs-and-dc-comics-references-in-welcome-to-ear/6

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

"Inspiration, move me brightly"

Longbaugh01 posted:

90s Flash, Supergirl, Grodd, A Green Arrow played by a completely different actor that might be Connor Hawk in an LoT ep, a Legion ring, the new guy playing Jonah Hex in LoT.

You're right about all of these. Here's a gif of the entire sequence, which I found this morning and shared in the Flash thread: https://gfycat.com/FantasticDirectBrontosaurus

What a great episode that was - probably the best of the season, and one of the best of the entire series so far.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

greatn posted:

Something else

This is why we love you.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
As much as the whole relationship stuff has been offputting about this season of Flash, last night's episode shows exactly why I love this stupid show. It is so comic booky in the best ways, and to think that we are getting Earth 2 on TV is awesome.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

^^yeah. Any alternate universe episode of any show is going to be overwhelmingly indulgent, but this was OVERWHELMINGLY INDULGENT. In a good way.

ufarn posted:

So what was up with the West-Allen phone having the Justice League on speed dial? I guess this should go in the Flash thread, but I like you people better.

Who said Barry-2 wasn't a speedster? Or maybe he's Aquaman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I think it was Connor Hawke as someone else said. I'm pretty sure he's been confirmed to appear in Legends of Tomorrow.