Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

-Troika- posted:

Why is Broly so popular

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Being an adolescent in the 90s is the reason Broly is so popular. Future (Mirai) Trunks is the realistic ideal of cool, Broly is the ultimate fantasy of cool.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Might as well ask why the hulk is popular really.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous

ok thanks look forward to seeing this again in two pages

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

projecthalaxy posted:

Might as well ask why the hulk is popular really.

Because he is green and purple, just like Piccolo who is also really great

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

zelah posted:

Being an adolescent in the 90s is the reason Broly is so popular. Future (Mirai) Trunks is the realistic ideal of cool, Broly is the ultimate fantasy of cool.

:agreed: I think you're exactly right.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

sharktamer posted:

ok thanks look forward to seeing this again in two pages

You have more posts in this thread complaining about things people post than anything else. Maybe you need to relax a bit.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Nah this is fun I'll keep doing it thanks, let's all keep being lovely posters together

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

sharktamer posted:

Nah this is fun I'll keep doing it thanks, let's all keep being lovely posters together

It seems a very depressing sort of fun to pop in to grumble that someone make a joke you didn't like but whatever bad dads your Goku.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Remember that time the big blue robot punched Goku in his dick? Yeah, that was cool.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

What did the scouter say about his power level?

Would it tell us if Kid Buu was stronger than Super Buu?

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Funny you ask that, I just finished this 20 page power level fancalc proof that defitively proves...

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

How could Kid Buu be stronger? Goku kicked his rear end, yet Goku got his rear end handed to him by Super Buu.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Kid Buu is that one boss after the final one who shows up after you blew most of your MP and items.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Kid buu is weaker, but unlike super buu he doesn't hold back.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I apologise for joking about having this conversation and causing it to actually happen.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Dabura, you say. Super Perfect Cell, you say.

furiouskoala
Aug 4, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

Dabura, you say. Super Perfect Cell, you say.

Dabura has one of the most powerful moves in the series; any non-regenerating enemy will be messed up by his spit! On the other hand, Evil Containment Wave would work on him for sure.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

I apologise for joking about having this conversation and causing it to actually happen.

This is what you get for your hubris

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

furiouskoala posted:

Dabura has one of the most powerful moves in the series; any non-regenerating enemy will be messed up by his spit! On the other hand, Evil Containment Wave would work on him for sure.

Devilman would win like, instantly

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Squallege posted:

Devilman would win like, instantly

Wouldn't Dabura just dodge the Devilmite Beam?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I always put Dabura as about where Perfect Cell was before he regressed to semi-perfect, blew himself up and came back, not after. I Want To Believe, anyway.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You can't dodge the devilmite beam it is an inevitability

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I didn't even realize "Kid Buu stronger than Super Buu??" was something that annoyed people when I asked it, I'm sorry

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Going back a couple days, I don't think Present Trunks is as old as Future Trunks yet. He's like 13 as of RoF, right?

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I don't think it's even that. Doesn't BoG just happen six months after the Buu saga? And RoF isn't much longer after that.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012
While we can argue who the most powerful Z-Fighter is, nobody can deny that Piccolo is the tallest. [Cue 6 pages of exactly this.]

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
Tien clearly has the most boulderous shoulders.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Tien was flying before it was cool.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

-Troika- posted:

I don't think it's even that. Doesn't BoG just happen six months after the Buu saga? And RoF isn't much longer after that.

Gohan must have been slacking off triple time, to go from the most powerful fighter in the universe to a guy that can't even be bothered to take off his lovely jogging outfit to fight a space army, in the span of 6 months. Like, even just a normal vacation wouldn't have been enough, he must have actively been living in a room with 0.01x Earth gravity or something.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
So did Mystic Gohan have God ki and we just didn't know it or what?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

zelah posted:

So did Mystic Gohan have God ki and we just didn't know it or what?

No, one of the defining traits of God Ki is that non-gods can't sense it at all. Everyone could sense how powerful Gohan was.

(This also means Freeza did not actually ascend to 'god' level because everyone could tell how monstrously powerful he was after his training.)

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

-Troika- posted:

That's a retcon. Battle of Gods originally happened four years after the battle with Majin Buu, putting it at 778. This is logical, as it allows Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return to happen, and makes Pan be born when all the side-material said she was (the year after, 779). It also makes Gohan and Videl adults. Resurrection "F" happens a year after (said 779) as Pan has been born but is still a baby.

For some unexplainable reason (likely "forgot lol") Toriyama decided to gently caress logic with Super and said that BoG happens six months after Buu, which means that Videl is now pregnant apparently immediatly after leaving school if that, Gohan becomes a scholar at a ridiculously fast rate, and he loses his powers with nearly no time of disuse. Also, Pan is born much earlier than she should, putting the Epilogue in a really weird situation where the four-year old Pan should be 8 instead. Which, fine, can be explained by Saiyan genes but it's still dumb. It also removes Yo! Son Goku from canon, as it simply has no moment to happen (as well, it is not mentioned at all in the BoG arc, unlike the movie proper).

Pureauthor posted:

(This also means Freeza did not actually ascend to 'god' level because everyone could tell how monstrously powerful he was after his training.)

This makes for one of my favourite subtle moments of Resurrection "F" and its respective arc. Everyone can tell Goku has reached the level of the gods because they can't sense his Ki anymore upon turning Super Saiyan Blue...except Freeza, who thinks he's just the regular Super Saiyan with a new coat of paint because he can't sense power levels to begin with. For him, the only way to actually know if Goku transformed or not is how he looks.

Blaze Dragon fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Feb 11, 2016

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Blaze Dragon posted:

For some unexplainable reason (likely "forgot lol") Toriyama decided to gently caress logic with Super and said that BoG happens six months after Buu, which means that Videl is now pregnant apparently immediatly after leaving school if that, Gohan becomes a scholar at a ridiculously fast rate, and he loses his powers with nearly no time of disuse. Also, Pan is born much earlier than she should, putting the Epilogue in a really weird situation where the four-year old Pan should be 8 instead. Which, fine, can be explained by Saiyan genes but it's still dumb. It also removes Yo! Son Goku from canon, as it simply has no moment to happen (as well, it is not mentioned at all in the BoG arc, unlike the movie proper).

The six month gap is between the end of the Boo fight and when they make the wish to have the memories of Boo erased. After that they make a vague "sometime later" reference to the amount of time from the wish to the beginning of Super.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Majinfoose posted:

The six month gap is between the end of the Boo fight and when they make the wish to have the memories of Boo erased. After that they make a vague "sometime later" reference to the amount of time from the wish to the beginning of Super.

...Boo? Did Baldur's Gate and DBZ cross over while I wasn't looking?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

LORD OF BUTT posted:

...Boo? Did Baldur's Gate and DBZ cross over while I wasn't looking?

boo is a spelling that shows up a lot especially in japanese merchandise

it's perfectly valid unlike gokou which also crops up a lot

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Boo

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Majin Buu is based off Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo so honestly there's no reason Boo wouldn't be used except the translation went for Buu instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I know, I'm just being a dick because drat near nobody in the anglophone DBZ fandom calls him Boo :v:

• Locked thread