Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

well alright

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
The Jhin community creations post is cool, I like the different takes people have on his mask, and the video of the guy making a ~8" statue of him from scratch is amazing

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I have concluded, to the surprise of no one in the community, that duskblade works well on just about every champ that autoattacks. Rush it on a toplaner with DFT and then go full tank to eliminate everything in your path. Thinking of buying lifesteal runes to eliminate the need for bork or hydra for sustain, but that sounds kind of like a waste of IP

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
I actually really like Dominion for trying out new champs and getting a handle on their mechanics/skirmishing in a format where I don't have to devote as much time.

Without it there really isn't a good, low time investment way to play a specific champ and learn them versus other people outside of threes, which for me really isn't as fun/favors specific champs too much imo.

I also enjoyed the way Dominion played just in general, with cap points rather than stationary objectives, and imo more room for comebacks...

drat.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

The Door Frame posted:

I have concluded, to the surprise of no one in the community, that duskblade works well on just about every champ that autoattacks. Rush it on a toplaner with DFT and then go full tank to eliminate everything in your path. Thinking of buying lifesteal runes to eliminate the need for bork or hydra for sustain, but that sounds kind of like a waste of IP

I don't know if they'll ever manage to actually make an item for AD assassins that isn't just good on every AD champion ever unless they get really ham-fisted and make it an item that has pseudo-AD that only counts for the purposes of spells, or makes your spells scale more strongly with AD (basically Rabadon's AD Cap)

It's hard to make an item that's only great for AD damage from spells without it also being great for AD damage from autos

Magres fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Feb 10, 2016

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
They already made an AD item for assassin's it's called yomuu's ghostblade and it's really loving good.

Magres posted:

It's hard to make an item that's only great for AD damage from spells without it also being great for AD damage from autos

They need to make something that has utility specifically for assassins - Yomuu's kind of fills this role with the active. Maybe some sort of blink dagger (holy god can you imagine I'm just kidding)

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
i enjoyed playing hide and seek on dominion sometimes

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

They already made an AD item for assassin's it's called yomuu's ghostblade and it's really loving good.

They need to make something that has utility specifically for assassins - Yomuu's kind of fills this role with the active. Maybe some sort of blink dagger (holy god can you imagine I'm just kidding)

An active that puts a debuff on the closest person near you, but only if they're alone (ie champion within like an ADC's auto attack range, but no one else within 2x or 3x that range) and the debuff amplifying damage would be a neat way of giving people a strong item for making picks without just amping up all AD champs always. The thing that's stupid as gently caress about mobile assassins is that if one is fed and decides you're going to die, in many cases you have literally no recourse. Making AD Assassins stronger at picking people off without enhancing their already sometimes absurd ability to dive past your entire team to vaporize you would be nice.

As far as blink dagger goes, I'd love to see some way to pay some gold tax to make up for having lovely mobility. Not a blink dagger because unless things have changed drastically since I quit, jesus christ that item made itemization degenerate as hell (are you playing dota and do you have 2k gold? BUY BLINK DAGGER), but some way for people like Jhin and Ashe to not be a walking liability if your team doesn't have strong as gently caress peel. Heck maybe some kind of self-peeling "press button, shove back everyone near you a short distance" mini-Jana ult. I dunno

Magres fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Feb 10, 2016

Elpato
Oct 14, 2009

I hate to spoil the ending, but...some stuff gets eaten, y'know?
I feel that this new item might just extend Pantheon's window of usefulness in longer games.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

seizure later posted:

MBDTF is near flawless but nicki's verse in monster overshadows almost everything else on the album to which i have to knock it down to a mere 9.9 out of 10

Idk why people hate on nicki's music so much, most of it isn't even that bad and I honestly kind of enjoyed pinkprint

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007
I hate this patch already :)

Luna Was Here posted:

Idk why people hate on nicki's music so much, most of it isn't even that bad and I honestly kind of enjoyed pinkprint

I stan for nicki hardcore and love the gently caress out of her

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Elpato posted:

I feel that this new item might just extend Pantheon's window of usefulness in longer games.

Eh. I think it's a fine item but on Pantheon there's likely better things to pick up. Like I said when asked about it before, full items in he's still able to kill fragile targets. It seems like overkill.

Dominion going down means jack squat for Skarner. He's not from the Crystal Scar, he's guarding a tomb in Shurima. So he probably isn't even sentient, much less aware of if he even has a kind to miss and drat sure doesn't know what the hell a Crystal Scar is much less why it is weeping all the time

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I dunno, with this new dagger should I even bother playing tomorrow or am I just going to be blown up every 2 minutes.

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

Valkrin is streaming Jungle Win Nhao right now and he seems absolutely insane.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
You'd think so but in the games i've played today he still seems to attract the uniquely kind of lovely players that play devourer junglers who manage to both be outfarmed and outganked by the enemy jungler!!

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

quote:

we’ll be taking a snapshot of the queue today just before this post goes live.

quote:

Then we’ll give out an exclusive, never-to-be-reproduced Summoner Icon to anyone with over 100 wins in matchmade Dominion games

:stare:

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

a badge of shame worthy of showing off

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
RIP Dominion, you were a good mode once upon a time, but sadly that time is past us now.

edit: also probably the only Diamond badge I'll ever earn in this game.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Does the crit mechanic make warrior xin as viable as devourer again? People used to give me poo poo for building warrior but i really freaking hate farming out devourer on a champ that's strong during the first 20 minutes

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tales of Woe posted:

Does the crit mechanic make warrior xin as viable as devourer again? People used to give me poo poo for building warrior but i really freaking hate farming out devourer on a champ that's strong during the first 20 minutes

If you're strong during the first 20 minutes you can leverage that into Dragons and Rift Heralds as well as Scuttlecrabs which should get you stacked really quickly regardless.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
"ADCs are really bad and need some help so we are going to buff all assassins"

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

"ADCs are really bad and need some help so we are going to buff all assassins"

The only way duskblade could have been better is if Riot had explained it as an intended buff to/item for adcs.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Look, ADCs don't enjoy being able to get anywhere near a fight without being deleted instantly. It's against the power fantasy of the game. It's important for everyone to get their endgame power fantasy and our research shows an ADC's endgame fantasy is staring at a greyed-out screen while waiting to respawn.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
we noticed that some games didnt have ezreal and we decided to fix that problem

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
I have 208 dominion wins I am sad

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

DolphinCop posted:

we noticed that some games didnt have ezreal and we decided to fix that problem

I don't like playing Ezreal and yet he's my second-most played champion over the past year or so, all because he's the most reasonable option against the million bullshit champions that riot keeps buffing up to kill adcs.

gently caress this game.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

~Bye Bye Lil Dominion
Miss you in the saddest fashion
Bye Bye Lil Dominion
You’re 5000 candles in the wind~

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.
I am on my phone so I cannot pull up the link (should be able to find something about it on surrender @ 20) but the devs said some to the effect that ad assassins lacked itemisation. That they needed an item like duskblade, so then they can balance them around the existence of the item...

Also that Xin buff getting through is just hilarious. Were they that upset he wasn't being played? I might wait until the champ.gg stats come out before playing on this patch.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Just had a shaco on my team and was excited to get the free duskblade bug wins

He went 5/17 :mrwhite:

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Stefan Prodan posted:

Just had a shaco on my team and was excited to get the free duskblade bug wins

He went 5/17 :mrwhite:

What's the bug?

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Thumbtacks posted:

What's the bug?

His R clone can proc the duskblade proc.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Etrips posted:

oh jesus

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Dominion was a good mode that didn't get any support at the start or an overhaul later on once it had been neglected.

If this game is just going to be summoners rift then it's just lovely dota jr.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Shaco proccing duskblade on his clone isn't a bug, it's a oversight, his clone has always procced on-hit items like devourer, shiv and others.

Same sort of oversight when they added devourer and red smite to the game and forgot that would make warwick ult 1 shot everyone.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Etrips posted:

It's not a bug though. Shaco clone has always received the same items as Shaco, any always had any unique non-active passives funtion off cool down for it (ie. Maw, Shiv, Hydra). Duskblade not working on Shaco clone would actually be weird.

Though if it's too good if still might get nerfed.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I guess I didnt' mean bug but I'm almost positive that wasn't an intended interaction

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Mr. Unlucky posted:

Dominion was a good mode that didn't get any support at the start or an overhaul later on once it had been neglected.

If this game is just going to be summoners rift then it's just lovely dota jr.

It's unclear to me why they are unable to support many multiple game modes especially with the enormous player base. They barely produce new champions anymore. What is their content team even doing?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
TARIC'S TIME TO SHINE

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

Libertine posted:

It's unclear to me why they are unable to support many multiple game modes especially with the enormous player base. They barely produce new champions anymore. What is their content team even doing?

They're working on champion reworks, features like the loot crates, and making new games that aren't League.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

~Bye Bye Lil Dominion
Miss you in the saddest fashion
Bye Bye Lil Dominion
You’re 5000 candles in the wind~

Alris posted:

RIP Dominion, you were a good mode once upon a time, but sadly that time is past us now.

edit: also probably the only Diamond badge I'll ever earn in this game.

The only time I ever logged in to play this game was for Dominion.

• Locked thread