Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Adlai Stevenson posted:

Wait really? That's amazing, I approve

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
emporio: "jesus christ guys the skyfish things eat your body heat"

jolyne: "oh yeah... too bad that i'm too hot to handle"

hermes: "holy gently caress"

emporio: "holy gently caress"

rykiel: "holy gently caress"

me: "holy gently caress"

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i like that to add skyfish to jojo's araki had to first invent the physiology of a skyfish

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Oh my god I can't wait for Alcharagia's liveblog reactions to Part 7 :allears:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
You mean discover. :colbert:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
i can't believe that as recently as november, i had not consumed any jojo's

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
i love this series as much as pucci loved dio

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
i just felt like i needed to say that while digesting the insane way hermes and jolyne survived that plane crash

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
The best is yet to come.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Is Anasui discussion #2989 over yet?

Can we start Reasons why DIO is innocent #3874 instead, which is both more pertinent to real life and something all should accept?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the only evidence i put forward is that diego is better and also my husband

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Dio is not innocent

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Johnny Joestar posted:

the only evidence i put forward is that diego is better and also my husband

Feasible

Baal posted:

Dio is not innocent

It's true, he probably didn't ask to borrow the road roller. I'll give you that.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He didn't ask for the stop sign or knives either

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Dio tricked a woman into eating her own baby once. And that's hosed up.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
DIO and his bloodline make for the gayest shots to show my friends out-of-context and for that I appreciate him

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

alcharagia posted:

i can't believe that as recently as november, i had not consumed any jojo's

The next-best thing to discovering Jojo is seeing the joy in someone else as they discover Jojo

So thank you for sharing it what I'm saying

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I'll frequently text my friends out-of-context Jojo shots like say this one

to enhance the mystique of "what the gently caress are you reading" beyond my second-hand descriptions of "So there's this one guy who has the power to make a zipper in any object and he like takes his body apart with his zippers to get his heart to stop beating so that the guy with the super-powerful fishing rod can't find him on a moving train and also the guy with the gun that has six mystical gremlins inside of it that pilot the bullets is there but he's unconscious because another guy made him age really fast"

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Baal posted:

He didn't ask for the stop sign or knives either

Stop signs are public property and the owner of the knives was in the store and did not object. Dio said that he would not harm the baby and cannot be held accountable for the actions of others. Also The World is very cute so he can get away with things uggos cannot.

That's all!!!

No but seriously, JoJo is the best thing and having read it genuinely makes life so much better.

I think I'm gonna repose my DIO soon. I'll see if I can get TW to stick horizontally too.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
Annasui is not as bad as people in this thread make him out to be imo.
i like the dynamic of him being the "straight man" of the cast while at the same being a creepy stalker who kinda did murder his gf. And the story shits on him unrelentingly to the point where ypu feel kinda sad for him.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
The worst thing Dio ever did was kill Danny. That dog did not deserve that.

Wild Horses posted:

Annasui is not as bad as people in this thread make him out to be imo.
i like the dynamic of him being the "straight man" of the cast while at the same being a creepy stalker who kinda did murder his gf. And the story shits on him unrelentingly to the point where ypu feel kinda sad for him.
I will never get tired of making GBS threads on a thirsty rando. Late Part 6 when even Weather Report is mocking Annasui is my favorite. The only good thing about him is that his long pink hair is pretty.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Most of what makes DIO fun and interesting is that he's completely evil

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Bad Seafood posted:

The best is yet to come.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6miaTf1gF4g

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

alcharagia posted:

...and also the guy with the gun that has six mystical gremlins inside of it that pilot the bullets...

I like Mista in general but I also like Sex Pistols for giving me an opportunity to weave Roger Rabbit references into Jojo discussions.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Adlai Stevenson posted:

I like Mista in general but I also like Sex Pistols for giving me an opportunity to weave Roger Rabbit references into Jojo discussions.

Remember me, Okuyasu? When I killed your brother I talked just... like... this!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Let's all take a moment to appreciate the following things, which are all super good.

1. Gyro Zeppeli.
2. Bruno Buccellati
3. Killer Queen
4. Whamu
5. Scary Monsters.

And take a moment to poo poo on Joshuu, who is truly awful.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Can this be the new thread tag?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I call this one "if you look from right to left you can see the evolution in how medicos made the knee joints look better"

The DIO one is quite clearly one of the first they ever did. His limbs are a little lovely in comparison to the other two, particularly Josuke (8) and his scale is hosed up. Okuyasu told me their SDC ones are basically the same in regards to having hosed up scale/weird joints too.

I'm also incredibly hyped for this months JoJolion. Too hype. Impossibly hyped.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Feb 11, 2016

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
weather report: "annasui... do you know what i like"

annasui: "Hot... Asian Babes?"

weather report: "no... Murder"

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
i can't believe that the kkk are a plot point in jojo

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
The KKK are a major part in Weather Report's backstory and that's just wild.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
rip weather

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

alcharagia posted:

i can't believe that the kkk are a plot point in jojo

I can't believe it took until part 6

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
The biggest failing I think of part 6 is underutilisation of secondary characters. It's loving criminal how underused Weather Report is when Anasui is, on balance, probably the second most prominent protagonist since those two aren't even in the same loving dimension of cool.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Remember that the Nazis were in Battle Tendency and were only villainous at their introduction.

Rohan Kishibe posted:

The biggest failing I think of part 6 is underutilisation of side characters. It's loving criminal how underused Weather Report is when Anasui is, on balance, probably the second most prominent protagonist since those two aren't even in the same loving dimension of cool.

Eh?
Anasui doesn't even come close to being nearly as prominent as Hermes or Foo Fighters. The Weather claim is pretty shaky too imo.

I know making GBS threads on Anasui is the thing du jour, but lets not rewrite history here. Dude shows up rarely and is way less influential than any other protagonist in SO.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Feb 11, 2016

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
in the alternate universe where jojo's is a d&d campaign, i really have to feel for the dude who got stuck playing emporio

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

The biggest :( moment to me in Stone Ocean is seeing what Emporio's up to during Jail House Rock

Yes, I realize what I'm saying

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Remember that the Nazis were in Battle Tendency and were only villainous at their introduction.

Eh?
Anasui doesn't even come close to being nearly as prominent as Hermes or Foo Fighters. The Weather claim is pretty shaky too imo.

I know making GBS threads on Anasui is the thing du jour, but lets not rewrite history here. Dude shows up rarely and is way less influential than any other protagonist in SO.

It's probably since I read Part 6 in like two sittings, but I feel like once he shows up he never really leaves, whereas FF is dead and Hermes takes a pretty long hiatus until near the end. Could just be the later end of the story looming large in my mind, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Annasui is consistently here but he's constantly getting clowned by every Stand that comes his way, up to and including Weather Report. Yo-Yo-Ma was the only real victory Annasui's ever had.