Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Slightly Absurd posted:

I enjoyed the peak inside frank's hosed up perspective. It reminded me of prodigy's "smack my bitch up" music video through the eyes of a tiny, terrible, balding man [video is :nws: if you decide to look it up]

Had the same prodigy feeling watching it. Great episode. :allears: Pondey. And Frankenstein was pretty fantastic.

The nightcrawlers bit at the end with Charlie was endearing. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012
Real disappointed we have yet to see how Nite KRawlerz is played

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
I liked that Frank had a bucket of eggs in his car for road snacks

JD
Jan 11, 2003
That episode stressed me out but in a great way

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe
Great episode. I don't usually care for 1st person camerawork, but this was great.

I liked the drug sequence particularly.

And they worked a Faith No More song into the soundtrack. Classy.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

In addition to the camera work I really liked the music in this episode.

It was only 17 minutes, but they made the most of all of it.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Come on Frank, say something smart....

"I'm full of dog poison!"

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I've got no time for swapping loads, I'm in a jam.

Bluubyough. Excuse me. I'm fulla dog poison.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Aw, Goddammit!! Pondy is the coolest

Slightly Absurd fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Feb 11, 2016

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

That was just solid laughs, really awesome episode, 17 minutes of jokes.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
How do they get away with a 17 minute episode? That's extremely short.

h_double
Jul 27, 2001

Super Deuce posted:

I need the Sunny guys to film 100+ hours of first person Frank to watch with a virtual reality headset. Like a more deranged Being John Malkovich.

Frank Reynolds: A Telltale Games Series

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Waltzing Along posted:

There were a couple of awkward cuts and edits too where there shouldn't have been. This seems like it was a little rushed. It was still great and a blast to watch, though.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
Why was Dario Cueto in a lab coat? Was he trying to recruit Frank to fight in the Temple?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That was a lot of fun, "Outta the way Jews!" was great but I also got a good laugh out of,"Probably Asians" when he sees two cars crash (because of him).

There was also an odd sense of pathos to the fact Frank was trying so desperately to cover up the fact he has no idea what is going on and is constantly worried about being caught out as completely out of touch/unable to keep up with the Gang.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Feb 11, 2016

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It's actually pretty funny that the entire plot of the gang involved breaking into the impound lot and stealing back Dennis's car when they could have just asked Frank for the money to get the car back and he'd probably give it to them at some point :D

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

And even that was padded a bit with the nightcrawlers thing at the end!

Strange episode.

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...

Super Deuce posted:

I need the Sunny guys to film 100+ hours of first person Frank to watch with a virtual reality headset. Like a more deranged Being John Malkovich.

this episode in an Occulus Rift would be incredible

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Angular Landbury posted:

Why was Dario Cueto in a lab coat? Was he trying to recruit Frank to fight in the Temple?

Gotta bring the Trash Man outta retirement

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Waltzing Along posted:

I assumed that some stuff was cut out by the network, which is only appropriate if we're seeing the world through Frank's eyes.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I liked it a lot.

So far we have Charlie Work, Mac Day and now Being Frank. Are we getting episodes for Dennis and Dee? Did we already get them?

Edit: Frank attacking the dog and popping the kids' balloons was great.

emanresu tnuocca fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Feb 11, 2016

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Angular Landbury posted:

Oh my god :stare: if they do another wrestling episode with Lucha Underground cross-promoting that would be the best thing

Or just have Pentagon show up at the bar, break Mac's arm, and leave with no explanation

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
That was a weird experience. I think that episode might be the low point for me. It was still pretty decent though.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
It was a fun episode and I like it but I don't I found anything in the episode to be funny.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Digital Jedi posted:

It was a fun episode and I like it but I don't I found anything in the episode to be funny.

I feel the same way. More could have been done with Pondy. Some of the moments were pretty clever, like Frank just happening to wake up in the impound. I didn't really laugh at anything though.

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012
I just noticed Dennis was trying to cut through the locks with the blowtorch from the gang gets extreme! What a great callback.

Otherwise, the fact that this episode was only 17 minutes simultaneously worries and angers me to the point where I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Hopefully it was because it was either cut because of content or they didn't have enough for this episode. If they cut anymore time they might as well show it on Adult Swim.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I guess if you include The D.E.N.N.I.S System each member of the gang now had an episode, Charlie actually had a whole bunch (King of the rats, Rules the world) with the exception of dee? Or maybe you can count Sweet Dee Gets Audited even though that episode doesn't really revolve around her either.

I guess what I'm getting at is: does sunny have a giant bird bias? What does a hot young comedienne have to do to get her own episode?

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

17 minutes is a bummer, but I loved this ep. Especially everything that goes on at Arty's sit in.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Pondy!!! That guys the poo poo.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

emanresu tnuocca posted:

I guess if you include The D.E.N.N.I.S System each member of the gang now had an episode, Charlie actually had a whole bunch (King of the rats, Rules the world) with the exception of dee? Or maybe you can count Sweet Dee Gets Audited even though that episode doesn't really revolve around her either.

I guess what I'm getting at is: does sunny have a giant bird bias? What does a hot young comedienne have to do to get her own episode?

I would say the Gang Broke Dee is pretty heavily Dee focused. Even if it is all to make fun of her.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
If I had one complaint about this episode besides the length it's that it's a little weird for Frank to not know their names. I know it was mostly for fun, he was drugged for most of the episode, and you aren't supposed to think heavily about it, but he isn't senile like this portrayed.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
We never found out what Frank's possibly terminal illness was :ohdear:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

If I had one complaint about this episode besides the length it's that it's a little weird for Frank to not know their names. I know it was mostly for fun, he was drugged for most of the episode, and you aren't supposed to think heavily about it, but he isn't senile like this portrayed.

But the episode showed that, he always manages to pull off looking like he knows what's going on, but he is old and pretty much clueless as to what is happening around him. I feel they have really been taking Frank down the path to being a batshit senile old person.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

Ten years of hanging with the gang and poly-drug abuse will do that to an old person. The episode was showing how he barely keeps it together and lives to ride another day through luck.

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Sounds like the doctor says he has a malignant tumour on his frontal lobe. Which would explain a lot, really.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
There are some interesting plot threads hanging around and I wonder if they're setting up for the end of the show.

(So far as I know the Charlie/Dee hookup was only ever mentioned in the episode in which it happened, for instance.)

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Yeah, as the camera pans over to Frank getting handsy with the nurse, you can hear the doctor say that it's a malignant brain tumor.

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

Thinking back to the skiing episode, given what we know about Dave Drisko by the end of the episode... do you think he came in that burrito?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

h_double posted:

Frank Reynolds: A Telltale Games Series

"Cricket will remember that"