Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I just found out about the Dark Knight Returns Walmart exclusives, and I have no idea whether they are just coming out or have already come and gone. Is it time to flip out and buy a DKR Superman for way too much off ebay, or should I wait a bit and try to get one for retail?

I just found out they hit retail myself and I really need that Superman as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Gann Jerrod posted:

I want to like that, but the modern Al face looks really bad.

Modern Al looks really bad

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Rhyno posted:

I just found out they hit retail myself and I really need that Superman as well.

I saw them today in a $10 bin, but they ring up at $19.87 or so.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/697398133546995713

:allears:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Looks like a cartoon. I love it.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Tamashii Turtles are up - well, Donatello and Leonardo.

http://tamashii.jp/item_character/ninja_turtles/?lmode=en

$86 CAD / $60 US

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Vintersorg posted:

$86 CAD / $60 US

It looks like the preorders on these don't start until the 12th?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I didnt translate so I thought it was open. :3:

Wonder where to go for NA? I am glad I never jumped on the Playmates ones. SH even got the cartoon pizza to look as amazing as it did on the show.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Tamashi will carry them so they'll be everywhere.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

CelticPredator posted:

Looks like a cartoon. I love it.

It's from a video game.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Vintersorg posted:

And ive come too that I'll probably never find a BS Phasma, so this will do.

If you ever find yourself truly jonesin', the Elite Series Phasma they've got at the Disney store is awesome. The scale's a bit bigger, but hey, Phasma's tall as hell so it works anyway! :buddy:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Xenomrph posted:

It's from a video game.

I am aware. Still looks like a cartoon.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I don't suppose anyone here collects the Titan Vinyl Breaking Bad or X-Files sets? Frohike looks out of place on my shelf without Langley and Byers.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Give it to me. Give it to me now.

Totbot
Oct 4, 2013

Vintersorg posted:

$86 CAD / $60 US

Man, I love me some TMNT, but I just don't know if those would look all that much better sitting on a shelf than the $20 ones Playmates put out a couple years ago. At least not 3 times as good to justify the price.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Totbot posted:

Man, I love me some TMNT, but I just don't know if those would look all that much better sitting on a shelf than the $20 ones Playmates put out a couple years ago. At least not 3 times as good to justify the price.

Did you see the pizza slice? THE PIZZA SLICE?

Totbot
Oct 4, 2013
For a $160 price difference, those pizza slices better be the best sculpted pizza slices ever.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Holy poo poo

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2016/02/11/exclusive-batman-animated-toy-line/80222456/

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

No loving way.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Travis343 posted:

No loving way.

DC may not have any clue what they're doing with their comics but their toy people clearly know what we want.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I will drop a hundo on the Batwing if it includes that dudes jacket.

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

Im 100% buying that Carrie Kelley Robin to use as a base figure to make a super poseable one. Iv been thinking about doing that forever.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

If we get any Batman Beyond villains, I'll lose my mind. I have a Joker and Harley from the animated line, but stopped there. If they make an Inque, I may cave.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Did anyone pick up the Sphero BB8? I was pondering buying one, and wanted opinions.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The_Doctor posted:

Did anyone pick up the Sphero BB8? I was pondering buying one, and wanted opinions.

It doesn't have the deployable bro-lighter, that's all you need to know. :colbert:

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

The_Doctor posted:

A coworker of mine has it and brought it in. It's really small, but really neat. It looks pretty fragile, as well, so keep that in mind. It took a while to get used to but seemed fairly responsive once you got the hang of how to control it.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
They also announced this thing today for $30 more than the Sphero

http://toyland.gizmodo.com/the-best-bb-8-yet-recognizes-voice-commands-and-comes-w-1758410074

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

At CES they demoed some kind of bracelet you can wear to direct BB-8 with hand motions.

Aka The Force.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The_Doctor posted:

I got one way back when they came back, but returned it. It's neat and works as expected, but since I have rugs, it was really limited in where I could use it since it couldn't make it up the bump from floor to rug.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I've been entering Sideshow's contests each week for about two years. My girlfriend asked what I was doing and starting doing it and won something within 3 days... Yep on her third day trying...

It was for the 12" Geonsis Battle Droid set from Attack of the Clones, sold out here: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/star-wars-geonosis-infantry-battle-droids-sideshow-collectibles-100285/

She doesn't want them (not a huge prequel fan at all). So she asked if I would post here to see if anyone wants them for $100 free shipping (unless you are outside of the US).

PM me or email me at highmountainshoecobbler@gmail.com if anyone wants these cool dudes before we throw them on ebay or something:

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

if it is like most of spin master's other stuff, it will break within 2 weeks.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Bushifox posted:

if it is like most of spin master's other stuff, it will break within 2 weeks.

So, about 13 days after you get tired of it?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

An Ounce of Gold posted:

I've been entering Sideshow's contests each week for about two years. My girlfriend asked what I was doing and starting doing it and won something within 3 days... Yep on her third day trying...

It was for the 12" Geonsis Battle Droid set from Attack of the Clones, sold out here: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/star-wars-geonosis-infantry-battle-droids-sideshow-collectibles-100285/

She doesn't want them (not a huge prequel fan at all). So she asked if I would post here to see if anyone wants them for $100 free shipping (unless you are outside of the US).

PM me or email me at highmountainshoecobbler@gmail.com if anyone wants these cool dudes before we throw them on ebay or something:

I'll take em for $100 but im in :canada: - I can cover whatever shipping will be.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Ooooh. Something to think about.

It's like when I decided to buy a GBA SP, and was literally about to go out and buy one when I saw the Nintendo announcement for the DS.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

The_Doctor posted:

Ooooh. Something to think about.

It's like when I decided to buy a GBA SP, and was literally about to go out and buy one when I saw the Nintendo announcement for the DS.

A GBA SP would still've been a good purchase. It could play Game Boy and Game Boy Color games, which the DS couldn't. And the DS itself wasn't really worth getting until the DS Lite came out.

Daaku Shinsei
Feb 26, 2003

Picked up the DKR Superman at a Walmart here in Tulsa, OK, today. It bugs me he comes with the Kryptonite arrow, but they should really do a Green Arrow figure for this. gently caress the Son of Batman guy.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Hoooooly gently caress

Perfect

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

boom boom boom posted:

A GBA SP would still've been a good purchase. It could play Game Boy and Game Boy Color games, which the DS couldn't. And the DS itself wasn't really worth getting until the DS Lite came out.

The original DS and the DS Lite could both play GB/GBC games via the GBA slot. They just stuck out the bottom.

Daaku Shinsei posted:

Picked up the DKR Superman at a Walmart here in Tulsa, OK, today. It bugs me he comes with the Kryptonite arrow, but they should really do a Green Arrow figure for this. gently caress the Son of Batman guy.

Sup Tulsa toy goon! Which walmart was it?

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Travis343 posted:

The original DS and the DS Lite could both play GB/GBC games via the GBA slot. They just stuck out the bottom.

Nope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Google agrees with you but I swear I can remember playing mario land with a big grey slab of cartridge sticking out of the console. Guess I've got brain problems.