Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:

Birb Katter posted:

I don't have the patience to fish but this guy sure does

https://i.imgur.com/TnmlzlU.gifv

That is a fish retriever, not a golden retriever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Strenots
Jun 21, 2005

'Course it's a good idea!

Birb Katter posted:

I don't have the patience to fish but this guy sure does

https://i.imgur.com/TnmlzlU.gifv

We had a golden who would do this with moles. Dug up the hill and would sit there motionless for ridiculous periods of time until one crawled by and snatched it up.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Strenots posted:

We had a golden who would do this with moles. Dug up the hill and would sit there motionless for ridiculous periods of time until one crawled by and snatched it up.

If you're going to stand around all day doing nothing may as well catch dinner so you've got an excuse.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

We can't prove they're not huge catfish!

Strenots posted:

My ex's cat did this a couple of times.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

warning: bird puns

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Strenots posted:

My parents have a pair of corgis who get chipmunks out of the downspouts like this. One stands at the exit of the downspout while the other nudges it to shake them out.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

what about dogfish, though

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Winklebottom posted:

warning: bird puns

Wow!

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
OK, well it’s been a bit since a Butterupdate but that’s for good reason. Because he’s a good cat he decided to wait until after he became our cat to get really sick.

We’ve been dealing with some odd issues over the past week or so, and I only feel comfortable posting about it now because he’s doing a lot better. We’re not quite sure what the cause was but for some reason he was not able to meow properly. Instead of his typical beautiful chirpy voice he was only able to do this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-OlnN5RRSE which is even more depressing live, if you can imagine. And he was doing some weird sneezy/heaving thing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tzd2-UjoCRM

The kicker was that, along with being very lethargic, he stopped eating, which is scary enough for a cat but especially for Butterscotch as nothing stops him from eating.

Brought him into the vet, showed her the videos, and she was totally flummoxed by all of this and yesterday he had a nasty fever so they decided it was time to sedate him and check him out more extensively. Of course, the staff were losing their poo poo over him, and everyone had to pose and take pictures and now they’re posting about him and how awesome his weight loss progress is on their facebook page :shobon:

Thrilled.jpg

For what we’re going to end up paying we really oughta charge 20 bucks a picture.

Of course, the morning came around and it was time to drop him off and he started meowing like crazy in the car and climbing all over the place. Good cat.

I just got a call from him and they’re quite happy with how he’s doing, so we’re holding off on the sedation and they’re, instead, going to poke around next week when he comes in for his dental cleaning.

He’s not back to 100% yet, and even though he’s meowing, it’s got a hint of Louis Armstrong in it. I just want to go back to being annoyed by him.

His look of contempt was paired with purring, but I don't expect anyone to believe that.

Chili has a new favorite as of 16:24 on Feb 10, 2016

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Aww, he had laryngitis. Poor fella.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
Poor Butterfriend.

Here is my sad lampshade:

I got a call yesterday about an hour after I dropped both dogs off at our preferred daycare for some morning play. One of our dogs had been involved in an incident and we needed to come because she needed vet attention. They told us at first it was a "small slit in the ear about 1/4 of an inch long." It was not. It was a chunk of my dog's ear about 1/4" square that was missing:

Warning for dog blood and a little gore:

http://i.imgur.com/Gg4FJah.jpg

This also seriously doesn't account for the amount of blood that was everywhere. My girlfriend took the dog to the vet and there was blood all over the room, all over her face and hands, all over our other dog. Starling ended up having to be put under to just get the bleeding to stop.

I also found out that she'd been injured since a little after I dropped them off, an hour after they called me. A handler walked into the entry area for the playroom with two other dogs without knocking and in a few seconds, our dog lost part of her ear in the fight.

Anyways, she's fine-ish now and I'm about to take her for the follow-up appointment. She hates the cone and has to wear it 24 hours a day, so she's just really sad and pathetically cute.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Eponine posted:

Poor Butterfriend.

I got a call yesterday about an hour after I dropped both dogs off at our preferred daycare for some morning play. One of our dogs had been involved in an incident and we needed to come because she needed vet attention. They told us at first it was a "small slit in the ear about 1/4 of an inch long." It was not. It was a chunk of my dog's ear about 1/4" square that was missing:

This also seriously doesn't account for the amount of blood that was everywhere. My girlfriend took the dog to the vet and there was blood all over the room, all over her face and hands, all over our other dog. Starling ended up having to be put under to just get the bleeding to stop.

I also found out that she'd been injured since a little after I dropped them off, an hour after they called me. A handler walked into the entry area for the playroom with two other dogs without knocking and in a few seconds, our dog lost part of her ear in the fight.

Anyways, she's fine-ish now and I'm about to take her for the follow-up appointment. She hates the cone and has to wear it 24 hours a day, so she's just really sad and pathetically cute.

"Yeah, but you should see the other guy."

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/robjyeo/status/697343183106269184

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Teddybear posted:

"Yeah, but you should see the other guy."

She's already getting this next time I get paid. The hardest part will be finding tiny versions of punk band patches to safety pin on.

Zortzico
Jul 3, 2007

We're Just Running In The 90's

Eponine posted:

Poor Butterfriend.

Hope she feels better soon!

When my dog got fixed the cone just made him so sad. We would need to wipe the inside of the cone after he'd been outside because it would be absolutely filthy, he followed my mom around constantly to the point that she had semi-circular bruises on her calves, and he couldn't do the stairs anymore without snagging the edge on the step and getting stuck. For a few days I ended up having to take him up and down the stairs like a sad little tuba.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Eponine posted:

She's already getting this next time I get paid. The hardest part will be finding tiny versions of punk band patches to safety pin on.

I guarantee someone on Etsy has made little dog-pun versions of these patches for exactly this purpose. I also guarantee it's insufferable.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Zortzico posted:

When my dog got fixed the cone just made him so sad. We would need to wipe the inside of the cone after he'd been outside because it would be absolutely filthy, he followed my mom around constantly to the point that she had semi-circular bruises on her calves, and he couldn't do the stairs anymore without snagging the edge on the step and getting stuck. For a few days I ended up having to take him up and down the stairs like a sad little tuba.

When my dog had a cone it was too big and prevented him from reaching his dog bowl. It was hilarious watching him just stand there with cone resting on the ground food just out of reach. We did cut it down for him.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Zortzico posted:

The cone is like a flavor saver. She keeps having kibble fall down the cone and then back to her when she puts her head down. Thankfully there isn't too much snow right now, but she is a snowplow when she tries to sniff anything.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Zortzico posted:

This is officially my new favorite term for post surgical safety cones, sad little tuba indeed.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Eponine posted:

Etsy... probably.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE
Normally I would just link the good images from a gallery for you all so you don't need to sift through the rubbish. Today is not normal

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
http://i.imgur.com/STTW9ny.gifv

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance

Is there an emoticon that combines :3: and :cthulhu:?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

1.....Oof......2.....Oof......3......Oof.....4....

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Upward Goat?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZ1nAR86Vd8

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

king of the butte?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I wonder why they're interviewing that puppy.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Kwyndig posted:

I wonder why they're interviewing that puppy.

Because he's freakin rad. DUH.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

They're trying to find out who's a good boy.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

They already know it's him, he's a good boy, yes he is.

This kind of gotcha journalism just sickens me.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
http://i.imgur.com/12CPTid.gifv

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Choco1980 posted:

king of the butte?

I appreciate this joke.

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx

This hole! It was made for me!!!

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/tkl72917291/status/697400358805450752

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!
This is Mr Kitty and here's a story about him.

He's about 20 years old. He came with the marriage, so he was an old man when I moved in.

Mr Kitty was always a loner, not particularly cuddly, although he could be pretty playful. Almost completely silent, but with an outboard motor purr. He did not take kindly to my young cat, but tolerated her.

I was devastated when my cat was killed (about 2 years ago now). Mr Kitty's attitude was more or less, 'Who?' as he pretty much could not have given two fucks about my cat, and was glad the house was quiet again.

Mr Kitty had a littermate, his sister, who died of old age a few months after my cat -- again, not really much of an impression on Mr Kitty, as they tolerated each other, but went about separate business and routines. After his sister died, Mr Kitty, the last man standing, transformed. He decided he was My Cat. He also started cat-talking. A lot. He'd chirp when he saw me, come running out when my car pulled into the drive meowing his head off. He'd yowl at the bedroom door in the morning when he felt it was time for me to get up. He'd headbutt my study door open to come in and yell at me to fix him some lunch. He had a bed on my desk, and spent all the time I was home and working on the desk. In the evenings, he took on the late shift and settled down in his other bed on the sofa next to my spot. He pined when I went away, to the annoyance of Mr Boods, who had, of course, lived with him 15 years longer than the cat had with me.

Mr Kitty's been on thyroid meds, but at xmas this past year, seemed a bit 'off.' I noticed that he was having trouble navigating, and not doing his usual stuff -- gettng up on his desk-bed, or playing in the bathtub. Mr Boods dismissed me as being silly -- until I said, 'Dude, the cat is totally blind.'

Yep -- thyroid conditions cause high blood pressure in cats, which leads to sudden blindness. Cue a horrendous couple days of Mr Kitty suddenly being blind, lost in his own house, crying because he had no idea what was going on. To compound matters, he'd long gone deaf from old age, so yeah. I was living with Helen Katler. He stayed pretty much on his sofa-nest; just going to his food dish and litter box, he'd stumble into things, get lost in small spaces, trapped behind things. Fortunately I've been working from home, so he slowly got used to having someone help guide him, and slowly got used to navigating by whiskers, tail, and snout (that gently caress his sniffer still works).

We took him into the vet -- yep, total blindness. The vet looked in his eyes and said his retinas were detached and there was a lot of blood in there. High blood pressure. She recommended he stay at the kitty clinic for a day so they could do his blood pressure and work out a dosage of pills for him. He was quiet going to the hospital, but apparently freaked out at the wrong moment when they took a blood sample from him -- we got back a cat so traumatised that he spent that evening inside my shirt with his head pressed between my shoulder and neck (this is NOT and never has been, a cuddly cat). His entire head was swollen on one side and down his jawline from jerking when they were taking out the needle. Then we started him on the new meds -- they lowered his blood pressure so drastically that he'd come up the stairs, crying, trying to find me, and pass out on the landing. Magical!

Mr Kitty is currently downstairs on the sofa -- he's had a full day so far, as he has for the past two weeks or so. Beating on the bedroom door to get me up, climbing onto his old desk-bed to bug me for the last dregs of milk at breakfast this morning (a former routine of his that stopped at xmas), jumping in the tub, biting me on the head when I went to hug him.

About three days or so after he went on his pills, I was downstairs messing about, and noticed that he was tracking me as I folded and then threw socks across the room into the laundry basket. Currenly, lil dude seems to have most of his left eyesight and just about all of his right (some peripheral issues). loving hell, it's nice to be seen again.

Hard core kitty :black101:

Here he is saying, gently caress you, old age.

Ms Boods has a new favorite as of 13:44 on Feb 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

Ms Boods posted:

This is Mr Kitty and here's a story about him.

He's about 20 years old. He came with the marriage, so he was an old man when I moved in.

Mr Kitty was always a loner, not particularly cuddly, although he could be pretty playful. Almost completely silent, but with an outboard motor purr. He did not take kindly to my young cat, but tolerated her.

I was devastated when my cat was killed (about 2 years ago now). Mr Kitty's attitude was more or less, 'Who?' as he pretty much could not have given two fucks about my cat, and was glad the house was quiet again.

Mr Kitty had a littermate, his sister, who died of old age a few months after my cat -- again, not really much of an impression on Mr Kitty, as they tolerated each other, but went about separate business and routines. After his sister died, Mr Kitty, the last man standing, transformed. He decided he was My Cat. He also started cat-talking. A lot. He'd chirp when he saw me, come running out when my car pulled into the drive meowing his head off. He'd yowl at the bedroom door in the morning when he felt it was time for me to get up. He'd headbutt my study door open to come in and yell at me to fix him some lunch. He had a bed on my desk, and spent all the time I was home and working on the desk. In the evenings, he took on the late shift and settled down in his other bed on the sofa next to my spot. He pined when I went away, to the annoyance of Mr Boods, who had, of course, lived with him 15 years longer than the cat had with me.

Mr Kitty's been on thyroid meds, but at xmas this past year, seemed a bit 'off.' I noticed that he was having trouble navigating, and not doing his usual stuff -- gettng up on his desk-bed, or playing in the bathtub. Mr Boods dismissed me as being silly -- until I said, 'Dude, the cat is totally blind.'

Yep -- thyroid conditions cause high blood pressure in cats, which leads to sudden blindness. Cue a horrendous couple days of Mr Kitty suddenly being blind, lost in his own house, crying because he had no idea what was going on. To compound matters, he'd long gone deaf from old age, so yeah. I was living with Helen Katler. He stayed pretty much on his sofa-nest; just going to his food dish and litter box, he'd stumble into things, get lost in small spaces, trapped behind things. Fortunately I've been working from home, so he slowly got used to having someone help guide him, and slowly got used to navigating by whiskers, tail, and snout (that gently caress his sniffer still works).

We took him into the vet -- yep, total blindness. The vet looked in his eyes and said his retinas were detached and there was a lot of blood in there. High blood pressure. She recommended he stay at the kitty clinic for a day so they could do his blood pressure and work out a dosage of pills for him. He was quiet going to the hospital, but apparently freaked out at the wrong moment when they took a blood sample from him -- we got back a cat so traumatised that he spent that evening inside my shirt with his head pressed between my shoulder and neck (this is NOT and never has been, a cuddly cat). His entire head was swollen on one side and down his jawline from jerking when they were taking out the needle. Then we started him on the new meds -- they lowered his blood pressure so drastically that he'd come up the stairs, crying, trying to find me, and pass out on the landing. Magical!

Mr Kitty is currently downstairs on the sofa -- he's had a full day so far, as he has for the past two weeks or so. Beating on the bedroom door to get me up, climbing onto his old desk-bed to bug me for the last dregs of milk at breakfast this morning (a former routine of his that stopped at xmas), jumping in the tub, biting me on the head when I went to hug him.

About three days or so after he went on his pills, I was downstairs messing about, and noticed that he was tracking me as I folded and then threw socks across the room into the laundry basket. Currenly, lil dude seems to have most of his left eyesight and just about all of his right (some peripheral issues). loving hell, it's nice to be seen again.

Hard core kitty :black101:

Here he is saying, gently caress you, old age.

Quite the cat, and a great story too! Thanks for that ,I needed it.

• Locked thread