Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

fuzzknot posted:

I can have pretty pictures of fake things or ugly pictures of real things. Sad.

Too bad I no longer have the hat or scarf; I could redo the photos. Oh well.

Moebius scarf:

Klein bottle hat:

The Moebius scarf has a pattern of figure eight knots, alternating facing in or out since that was the only way I could make it reversible. The Klein bottle hat has the same pattern in the widest parts with infinity signs spaced throughout the decreasing areas.

Please knit Schrödinger's hat - you're already half-way to quantum knitting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
'You know what other companies see? Money.'

Well, so do citizens. They see it on the front page of CIG's website. Bobbing up and down, that blue line of hope that is actively saving PC gaming. They think about their own money, their investment, they're involvement in the cause, that graph going up and down is an anxiety you can do something about, you can post about the money, you can brag about the money, you can compare the money, you can defend the money, it's being part of the community of enablers, dreamers and sycophants.

But you can't follow the money. Because it's open development.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Geguri Gegogi posted:

Laser muskets were fun and satisfying to use, I modded mine to 6-crank, so it was like a laser bazooka, good times

When fully modded the red glow and thunderclap when it goes off are so satisfying. It fucks poo poo up good.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
I think we're reaching the point where we can start pitching the removal of the r/starcitizen moderation team in favor of a group that is more neutral and can facilitate more balanced discussion. And they are us.

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

fuzzknot posted:

:yikes: Now THAT'S triggering.
The wee blue bear is the escape pod. This is actually a more cohesive idea for an escape pod than anything in Star Citizen.

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/KUMA-F_Beargguy_F

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
You nerds need to stop posting about this and start playing xcom2

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

neonbregna posted:

I've played 40 hours

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

neonbregna posted:

I'll wait until it's alpha

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

I guess this is what Chrizzis Rizzobberts meant by "saving PC gaming". He actually meant to say "save PC gaming publishers from dwindling income." Thanks CR.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

AP posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZc5wrYu9Lo

Can't wait till this gets added to Star Citizen.

Frontier will have launched two games, Star Citizen still in pre-alpha.

Big difference between CIG's video's and Frontiers Dev Diary's

Frontier actually shows gameplay (Planet Coaster)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tyWUT0UsZE

1500 fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Feb 11, 2016

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
sexcum 2

Fractal Wave
Feb 7, 2009

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I live in Maryland and gently caress you. Crab cakes are delicious.

I live in Maryland and I agree. He has obviously never been to Timbuktu, G&M, or somewhere you can get a good crab cake. Also crab dip is awesome too.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

"Fly Free!" Promo + "Last Chance 2-for-1 Game Deal!" Promo = Lackluster Sales
After the split I guess we'll see a return to Full Speed Ahead on Ship Sales. Money will have to come from somewhere and it's probably not going to presales of SQ42 so time to add some more engineering debt to the ledger. They can worry about delivering on it later. Much later.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Feb 11, 2016

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

1500 posted:

Big difference between CIG's video's and Frontiers Dev Diary's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tyWUT0UsZE

Is it intentional that some of the character models look a lot like the lead designer? :cheeky:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I think we're reaching the point where we can start pitching the removal of the r/starcitizen moderation team in favor of a group that is more neutral and can facilitate more balanced discussion. And they are us.

getting dolvak removed from power would be yet more icing on the star citizen cake

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Scruffpuff posted:

Please knit Schrödinger's hat - you're already half-way to quantum knitting.

The Klein bottle hat is already a Schrödinger-esque project: It's either a hat or not a hat depending on whether you're wearing it or trying to make it wearable.

Geguri Gegogi
Oct 13, 2010

LuiCypher posted:

Croobie's JPEG Shack: Home of the Dick Pic

Spacepegs piled million mile high

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

G0RF posted:

Im guessing after the split we will see Full Speed Ahead on Ship Sales. Money will have to come from somewhere and it's probably not going to presales of SQ42 so time to add some more engineering debt to the ledger. They can worry about delivering on it later. Much later.

I really hope they do this because I think the backlash will be pretty entertaining. Although I'm not sure what moves CIG can make at this point, short of actually delivering a product, that won't induce backlash.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Let the kids .... have the Jpegs!

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Wafflz posted:

getting dolvak removed from power would be yet more icing on the star citizen cake

Yeah that will be a meltdown vid to be cherished

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

neonbregna posted:

did. game was ok i guess

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Wafflz posted:

It can be done and it will be done.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Solar Plebian should have a flyable long hotdog in too short of a bun or something. The doghouse has been deeply related to star citizen, spiritually speaking, since the very first moment

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I really hope they do this because I think the backlash will be pretty entertaining. Although I'm not sure what moves CIG can make at this point, short of actually delivering a product, that won't induce backlash.

Fortunately ATV is today, and will ease doubts and prove doubters wrong.

Or probably not.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

No Mods No Masters posted:

Solar Plebian should have a flyable long hotdog in too short of a bun or something. The doghouse has been deeply related to star citizen, spiritually speaking, since the very first moment

Doobie might actually be more organised than The Crobber. While ultimately a failure and seemingly lacking any solid business plan, he did manage to turn that crapshack into a functioning food outlet for a short while, even if the food was garbage. And set up mechanic business too.

WhoNeedsAName
Nov 30, 2013

A Neurotic Jew posted:

It can be done and it will be done.

Paging :eonwe:

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I live in Maryland and gently caress you. Crab cakes are delicious.

Crab cakes are for five figgie fucktards. Crab bombs are the only legit crab food.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Tank Boy Ken posted:

I guess if they hold you liable for content passing through your account, you might actually be able to refund everything which went through that account.

If you took CIG's word at the way the world worked. You could have a private company selling spaceship jpgs for a game, the ability to gift ships/packages to other people that could be melted into credits to buy different crap. Then you create a system that encourages people to gift items to each other, such as to obtain LTI, then you can deny refunds to anything you gifted away (as you give it away), plus anything you received (you didn't pay for it), plus fight chargebacks on any item you bought and gave away as "dude, that's obviously fraud, it exists you just gave it away". Then for the refunds you do allow, close the accounts and any spare credits/ships disappear and you keep the worthless fiat.

If you're an accountant how do you register a $250 preorder that nobody owns, it was gifted to someone who gets a refund for his other spacesships, he's told he can't get the $250 gifted ship refunded and then account is closed. Is there a special column for magic money that people just give you with no obligation on your part to fulfill anything?

Now if you could get everyone who paid to have gifted everything at least once, then they no longer own anything they bought and in fact are completely separated from any legal commitments to deliver. "I paid $45 for this game and you haven't delivered it", "Bob paid $45, our contact is with him, take it up with him if you aren't happy". "Hey Bob here, where's that $45 thing I bought?", "We checked our records Bob, apparently you gave it away, due to customer confidentially we can't obviously discuss what the current owner has done with it with you".

How indie film financing could shape the future of games

Ortwin Freyermuth posted:

However, as many commentators have pointed out, if crowd funding is to mature as an alternative funding source for games of all budget sizes, it will ultimately need to include safeguards against insufficient planning or plain abuse.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

Goobs posted:

Those are probably dudes, too.

Probably you say

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?
Has :lesnick: been dancing again? Some scientists have found gravitational waves, caused by two immensely dense bodies colliding, that released more energy in twenty milliseconds than all the stars in the observable universe. Almost as much as a double lesnick challenge.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

AP posted:

Is there a special column for magic money that people just give you with no obligation on your part to fulfill anything?
Yes. Although it's less of a column, and more of a line.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

neonbregna posted:

Crab cakes are for five figgie fucktards. Crab bombs are the only legit crab food.

I can't say I've ever had a crab bomb. What's the difference. Also, crab cakes are amazing. Down here we make 'em all the time with stone crab. poo poo's delish.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Baller Time posted:

Oh hi there, Chris!

http://www.lomion.de/cmm/liviwall.php

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

tooterfish posted:

:eyepop:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

No Mods No Masters posted:

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Someone was recording a CIG design meeting. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKorP55Aqvg

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

tooterfish posted:

:goshawk:

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Baller Time posted:

Oh hi there, Chris!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Mr.Tophat posted:

You can ride horses and you can also ride rollercoasters so therefore this rollercoaster leather is an acceptable product and is what we pre-agreed upon, no refunds

But, you can't ride a horse ON a rollercoaster. Mah emmurzhun!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Scruffpuff posted:

Someone was recording a CIG design meeting. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKorP55Aqvg

Pff. Someone needs to put his shoggoth hat on and learn about non-euclidean geometry.

• Locked thread