Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

One dualsaber is all that is on the Harby GTN too...for 500 million. I could actually afford that but it would just about break me.

Fake Edit: and as I type this it was relisted for 50 million. I offered 50 million for the single saber in Fleet and didn't get any bites.

Yeah, I honestly don't know what I would have done if I got one in a crate. I'd want to keep it considering rarity but those prices would be tempting to just list it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Nonentity: :):hf::) on that color crystal

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Alter Ego posted:

It lies diagonally across your back? :aaa:

Also, anyone got early prices on the War Droid companion on the GTN? Mine unbinds today. (Medullah, if you still want it, it's yours as soon as I can figure a price).

Most of the time the blade retracts. At which point, it might look a little better on the hip. I dont have a Marauder so I cant show both blades - if no one posts one, Ill throw up a pic over the weekend.

I suppose buying the hypercrates and just selling them down the line would be a pretty nice earner.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They do sit diagonally(ish) on your back if you use 2.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Aphrodite posted:

They do sit diagonally(ish) on your back if you use 2.

Okay, that's a good look.

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

I just bought a warbot for 8.4mil and there are a bunch of them up. It only gets one trick though, which is shimmying while gonking (it's adorable).

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Turbl posted:

I just bought a warbot for 8.4mil and there are a bunch of them up. It only gets one trick though, which is shimmying while gonking (it's adorable).

Just got one for 5 million. Sorry :(

Also, there are now 2 unstable dualsabers on the GTN. One for 45 mil. The other for 25 mil. Let the undercutting begin.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Hulk Smash! posted:

Just got one for 5 million. Sorry :(

Also, there are now 2 unstable dualsabers on the GTN. One for 45 mil. The other for 25 mil. Let the undercutting begin.

If i had the money it'd be super tempting to buy the 25 and put it up for 40.

I mean there's no sense in putting one up for 20 mil less than the next guy unless you've gotta pack back a Hutt for some gambling losses like today or he's gonna freeze you in carbonite.

Since I'm pretty sure that can't happen, you're just loving dumb if you don't list high and wait it out. People will be buying these new sabers for quite a while.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Telex posted:

I mean there's no sense in putting one up for 20 mil less than the next guy unless you've gotta pack back a Hutt for some gambling losses like today or he's gonna freeze you in carbonite.

Since I'm pretty sure that can't happen, you're just loving dumb if you don't list high and wait it out. People will be buying these new sabers for quite a while.

For sure. I expect they'll stabilize at around 10 million over the weekend but there's still time to make a killing with all the impatient folks out there.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

FYI servers are about to go down for about 90 minutes for patch 4.1a.

Save your work ;)

pinkk
Sep 6, 2004

hi
Goats are cheap! Only gonna cost ~6mil for 7 goats! Hooray! I also got the entire new slicer set for ~200k. I was probably hasty and it'll wind up being the bargain bin sub-50k set but w/e, i like it. It looks like your nipples are poking through!

I can already tell it's going to be one of those refresh-gtn-all-day kind of days once the servers are back up. I need a cool gonk friend.

And hey, what's up with all the ninja looters in KP/EV HM lately? Maybe it's just a coincidence but in nearly every game someone wins a piece and bails now. It was especially bad last week with KP being the HM Op of the week. I also hope they fix the bug where certain Op bosses no longer face the tank. Almost every group has a bunch of people yelling at the tank "taunt ffs!!" when he (i) is (am) :(

edit: Medullah, check Blukakke's mail when you get on :]

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
The market is flooded with vibroblades.

pinkk
Sep 6, 2004

hi
While I have the tabs open and am bored, I figure I'd share some helpful resources that I often reference to answer goon questions in-game:

-Reddit post summarizing Heroics by time to complete & which Alliance Crate you're rewarded with - https://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/43vv79/kotfe_40_heroics_list_reformatted/
-Optimal stats for all disciplines (PVE): http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=847112
-List of all voice emotes: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=555571
-Extremely helpful crafting image (4.0): http://i.imgur.com/wwhiUn6.png
-Eternity Vault Pylon Solver: http://senateguard.enjin.com/evpylonsolver
-Loot/gearing guide (which Op bosses drop which items): http://dulfy.net/2015/10/20/swtor-gearing-and-operation-loot-table-in-4-0/

edit: can we please get a baby kybuck pet?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Bah...why can't they do the patch in the morning, I wanted to do some GTN'ing on lunch.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Hulk Smash! posted:

For sure. I expect they'll stabilize at around 10 million over the weekend but there's still time to make a killing with all the impatient folks out there.

I assume you mean the dualsabers which have a much more limited customer base.

I can't find anyone who'll even negotiate on the single saber.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

I assume you mean the dualsabers which have a much more limited customer base.

I can't find anyone who'll even negotiate on the single saber.

On JC prices are a bit lower than on Harb I think. There was one single saber for 30 mil earlier. Might settle at 10-12.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Telex posted:

MMO auction house listings are crazy, I've never understood them after years of warcraft and other games. I got a meditation hoverchair from one of the BSG packs they brought back for a week last month. After the packs were removed again, I saw the hoverchair listed on the GTN for 22 mil, and a bunch of stuff I wanted was 1-7 mil. So I posted mine up for 21.9. I then watched over a week as people went undercut crazy. Later that night there were ones up for 19 and 17. Then 15 and 12 the next day. 9 and 7 the day after that.

Around that time I broke 3 million on my sentinel just from grinding every quest ever on my way through the planets. I decided I'd rather keep my hoverchair if money is that relatively easy to come by.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Servers up.

pinkk
Sep 6, 2004

hi
Prices on rare items tend to yo-yo like crazy. Jarael's Tunic, Covert Gateway, Cathar Honor Sword, etc., I have all purchased at some point or another for sub-10m.

pinkk
Sep 6, 2004

hi
Oh, very important:

Can we start working on Goon Spa soon?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Cat, I already had that stuff before I saw your mail. Sent it back to one of the Cats if you want to sell it or put in guild bank. :D

pinkk
Sep 6, 2004

hi
Ah okay. I'll guild bank it.

Heads up: Putting a bunch of gear and mounts in the guild bank. First come first swerve

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Hulk Smash! posted:

Nonentity: :):hf::) on that color crystal

Last night on fleet I found someone who was sad about this crystal

:smith:: I got this green colour crystal, it's rubbish.
:eng101:: Actually it's based on the colour of Luke's green saber from the movies, similar to the Farmhand Blue crystal!
:unsmith:: Oh that's actually kinda cool

pinkk
Sep 6, 2004

hi

Turbl posted:

I just bought one for 5mil and I have a feeling prices are going to continue to drop.

pinkk
Sep 6, 2004

hi
Put some stuff in the first tab including a new green (tank) crystal and the grade 8 yielding scavenging deco

Titus Vespasian
Jan 31, 2015

"The body of a dead enemy always smells sweet."
Login Unavailable

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Picked up the single saber for 35m and think I got a good deal for early access.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

pinkk posted:

Oh, very important:

Can we start working on Goon Spa soon?

This is of vital importance!

E: Have they released a patch, yet, that hasn't broken the game/logins for some people?

3 Action Economist fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Feb 11, 2016

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Anyone else completely unable to log in? Can't get past the first screen of the launcher.

E: ^^^ oh I guess so

Mgant
Nov 26, 2005

Best in the West
Seems stuck at login here for me :-/

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Connectivity issues again.

quote:

Hey folks,

Similar to Tuesday, we are running into an issue involving network connectivity and we are working to address the issue as soon as possible. If you try to patch or login and have an issue, please wait 5-10 minutes and then try again. We will pass on any updates as we have them.

Thank you for your patience.

-eric

quote:

Hey folks,

We are seeing large improvements in network connectivity and you should now be seeing similar improvements in logins and downloads at this time. We are going to continue working through any remaining issues. If you have a problem logging in, wait 5-10 minutes and try again.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I can't wait to see the comments on their live stream. Going to be so much hatred.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Are you supposed to get two chance cubes with every anarchist pack? Because I'm four-for-four so far.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

prefect posted:

Are you supposed to get two chance cubes with every anarchist pack? Because I'm four-for-four so far.

The allegation is that it's a 50% shot of getting one on either item slot.

The bummer is that it counts on both slots you can totally flip the crate every single time if you get super unlucky. I had it happen on 4 out of 30 crates in a hypercrate. Some had none though to balance it out. Small sample size RNG sucks sometimes.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

prefect posted:

As Telex said, it's a possibility rather than something that always happens but people are understandably very angry that they could quite conceivably buy a hypercrate and get literally nothing from the actual pack itself from it. They need to tweak it because there's a lot of seriously angry people who have apparently been regularly buying hypercrates since they were introduced that've stopped buying stuff after they saw what was happening so if they don't change it it's very likely to start eating into their profits.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Guild cap at 1000 in April!

Also,

quote:

All subscribers who opt in to email by Feb 14 will receive 1050 cartel coins (it is a code you can give anyone). Opt in via your account settings on the forums.
So, I guess make sure you're opted in for SWTOR emails?

5 Stronghold per legacy instead of 4. Gotta re-buy Coruscant, I guess... :/

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Hulk Smash! posted:

That furthers my theory that we're getting a Zakkul or Odessen apartment for free as a sub reward.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Since I had a lot of free spacebucks from my long hiatus from the game, I got two hypercrates.

I got exactly 30 chance cubes in one, and 28 in the other but I did not keep track of how many were double or none.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Telex posted:

That furthers my theory that we're getting a Zakkul or Odessen apartment for free as a sub reward.

We're getting an HK-55 helmet in April... lol

Edit: Link to Dulfy's notes of the stream: http://dulfy.net/2016/02/11/swtor-february-producers-livestream-notes/#more-143686

Looks like (maybe) they got the message about people not liking chance cubes:

quote:

Anarchist’s Cartel Market Pack – People not happy with the changes. Please keep the feedback coming. We are continually making the changes.

Hulk Smash! fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Feb 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hulk Smash! posted:

This is cool as long as either -

a) Only 4 count toward conquest bonus

b) Conquest bonus goes up to 125%

It will be lovely if you have to go from having 4 strongholds at 100% to get full bonus to 5 strongholds at 100%.

• Locked thread