Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Aren't all the scoundrels behind a pay wall aside from a few?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

commish
Sep 17, 2009

There's a list floating around somewhere. You can farm 5, with the other ones behind a paywall. I'm not even going to bother, to be honest. It'll take months to get a full team of them.

Furious Mittens
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Here's my ally code - 721-564-797

I'm level 52, and I play sporadically due to the paywall limitations, but it's fun for what it is.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Most people seem to have dropped Poe in a hurry, but there's still a few around with him. Stormtrooper Han is about as popular.

Daka is everywhere.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Pimpmust posted:

Most people seem to have dropped Poe in a hurry, but there's still a few around with him. Stormtrooper Han is about as popular.

Daka is everywhere.

IDGI, I'm still rocking Poe, he still helps you hate-gently caress 1 of their team super early, people still avoid fighting me in arena...

I mean, once I get QGJ as leader of this gently caress-squad it'll be super badass, but Poe is still a very strong character, he's just not BROKEN good anymore. Now that falls to QGJ.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Did they nerf the Auto-Play AI? It seemed like my characters used to focus on one of their opponents until they died (they didn't really go in any logical order other than boss>elite>normal opponent) and now it seems like they're just randomly targeting the opposition like the AI does to me. I get not wanting everybody to just put the game on Auto all the time but it takes a little bit of the grindy nature out of the game when it works.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

How pathetic are these developers that a 1/142 (0.704 %) change in the speed stat on a single dude completely and totally changes the game. Jesus christ

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

The speed nerf is pretty minor and only makes Poe slower than two characters but the big change was the removal of speed tiers and the activation of speed leader abilities on the first turn. Now QGJ and other characters will always go before Poe, giving you a chance to kill him before he does his bullshit. Poe is still good though and people are overreacting about how bad he is.

Still the larger issue is the lack of communication from the devs. The patch notes didn't mention anything about the speed changes, either the removal of tiers or the leader abilities working first turn and it's a huge shift in the meta. Yoda is pretty fast too apparently.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Let me get this straight, I need to have a full team of 7 star Jedi in order to unlock Yoda? What the gently caress. I guess I misread whatever said how to get him since I thought you just needed to complete a tier to unlock him and the other tiers just boosted him up.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

No you need to have the 5 star team to unlock him. A full 7 team will get him to 7 stars though.

Pretty sweet cash and crystal boost for me, even if I can only get the 4th tier. 7 star Kylo and now I can cantina grind Barris / Dooku instead :toot:

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Got my Yoda. Gonna require some luck to get 6* by the time the event ends.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Pimpmust posted:

No you need to have the 5 star team to unlock him. A full 7 team will get him to 7 stars though.

Pretty sweet cash and crystal boost for me, even if I can only get the 4th tier. 7 star Kylo and now I can cantina grind Barris / Dooku instead :toot:

Welp, looks like I'm not getting Yoda any time soon, I only have a pair of 5 stars and I'm nowhere near promoting Mace, QGJ, or Barris.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Apparently there's a bug where if a character dies to a dot and is then resurrected, the game locks up. This is primarily a problem with arena, where you'll end up losing the match when you restart.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

TARDISman posted:

Welp, looks like I'm not getting Yoda any time soon, I only have a pair of 5 stars and I'm nowhere near promoting Mace, QGJ, or Barris.

That's fine, only whales or people who've targeted jedi against any good sense are able to unlock him this week.

Pimpmust posted:

drat yes, each stage you can unlock provides 200k credits and 50 crystals.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

More actually, 5th tier is 500k credits.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Have my yoda at 5*. 6* seems like a tall order. His skills seem pretty awesome.

I guess I can reach 6* for the low, low price of $60.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I guess I'll have to get him next time the event comes around. Sucks having to get Barris to 5* just for him though.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Zotix posted:

Aren't all the scoundrels behind a pay wall aside from a few?
Nute/Greedo from Arena, Chewie from CB, have to buy Boba and (ugh) Mob Enforcer with CC...

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
I spent 300 crystals to farm 240 cantina energy worth of Dooku today (as I frequently do - top 5 helps), and got 2 shards out of it. I've now added another 4 farm attempts, for an additional 0 shards.

When the odds are supposed to be 1/3, 2/24 is pretty rough.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Mr. Neutron posted:

I guess I'll have to get him next time the event comes around. Sucks having to get Barris to 5* just for him though.

Barriss is the #1 character for GW. Out of all the lame jedi people like me are leveling up, she's probably the best and most useful.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

commish posted:

Barriss is the #1 character for GW. Out of all the lame jedi people like me are leveling up, she's probably the best and most useful.

Eeth Koth also doesn't suck, and doesn't compete with any other Jedi for shards.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/11842/speed-changes-and-poe-dameron

EA_Jesse posted:

Speed and how this version has affected it across the board:
Speed, prior to this update, was not incredibly precise (hence the grouping of units of close Speed characters into a Tier).
Speed is now very precise and 1 point of Speed over another character guarantees the initial turn order.
Only in the case of an exact tie is it a coin toss.
Poe Dameron’s balancing changes were made by changing equipment pieces at Gear Lvl II and Gear Lvl III. This was done to avoid as much disruption as possible for players working toward completion of higher Gear Lvls. We aim to make targeted changes such as this as to not directly change the statistics of Gear items as that affects numerous characters who share it.
Due to this targeted approach, the goal was to address his high amount of Tenacity, additional stats were affected – both positively and negatively. These totals are provided at the end of this post.
We value the developer and community relationship but mistakes will happen on both sides when it comes to communication. We’re in this together to make Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes the best game it can be.
With that said, the following are all very important aspects to developing the game:
Balance changes will happen. Some popular, some not. It’s a double-edged sword where one side of the fence is pleased and the other is upset.
Going forward, if we make a targeted change like this, we will aim to detail out the full and complete change to all statistics. This was our mistake and we own up to that. It was not intended to be a stealth nerf.
Due to the missed communication of Poe, here’s what we’re doing:
We’re going to let all of his balance changes remain as they exist today but will keep a close eye on how he’s performing and address accordingly.
The following statistics breakdown is the entirety of changes that affected Poe Dameron at level 70 and his absolute maximum gear level:
-23 Strength
+15 Agility
-7 Intelligence
-1 Speed
-444 Health
+5% Health Steal
-15% Tenacity
+31 Physical Damage
+9 Armor
+6 Physical Critical Rating
-29 Special Damage

Well that's a crock of poo poo. At least they are "owning" up to it, but you don't get to say, "it was not intended to be a stealth nerf," when you change that many stats while saying you aren't. Honestly, I still think he's worth playing, and since I have him halfway to 6*, I intend to finish that star, but I will probably hold off on #7 so that I can work on getting Yoda next time around.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

commish posted:

I know, that's why I painfully farmed her over the last 3 weeks. But for GW she is more than good enough at 4*.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?
Looks like Yoda can get to Gear IX at 70. See a lot of Jedi-whale teams in Arena, I do.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Mooktastical posted:

Eeth Koth also doesn't suck, and doesn't compete with any other Jedi for shards.

Yeah, I'm farming him now and look forward to having him. I have some team ideas I want him on.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Yoda looks pretty good. Mine's only partially gear 7 at 5 stars but it's enough to get a feel for him. His single target special does decent damage at this but the rest of his specials and basic don't hit too hard although that might change with more gear, star and ability levels. He's definitely very squishy but his skillset looks super powerful. With QGJ lead, he's going first. Seriously, he's the fourth fastest character according to the datamine before the QGJ leader skill. So he goes first and does a basic attack and gets foresight and some turn meter. The enemy team will get a turn and may or may not kill him since foresight is a guaranteed miss. His second turn is going to come quick and hopefully the enemy team has some buffs to steal.

That ability doesn't actually remove buffs from the enemies, just gives them to Yoda but it looks like it can be resisted anyway. Of course if someone is below 50% you can use the single target special and get a stun or a kill. That one has a 5 turn cooldown though, it probably gets reduced with levels. I also like the buff propagation special. Imagine giving foresight to your entire team, especially since people don't use much AoE although likely you'd want to have a couple buffs at least to make it worth using. I think he's worth farming other Jedi for, I'm definitely shooting for a 7* Yoda next month.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

commish posted:

Yeah, I'm farming him now and look forward to having him. I have some team ideas I want him on.

I'm thinking QGJ lead, Yoda, Lumi, Eeth Koth, Dooku, and occasionally switching in Sid for extra Jedi-heavy teams. I'd love to be able to work him into my Phasma set-up, but Jedi/counter Jedi is pretty obviously the new meta.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Mooktastical posted:

I'm thinking QGJ lead, Yoda, Lumi, Eeth Koth, Dooku, and occasionally switching in Sid for extra Jedi-heavy teams. I'd love to be able to work him into my Phasma set-up, but Jedi/counter Jedi is pretty obviously the new meta.

I think Sid is going to be on every team... that evade chance is insane. I actually might have Dooku lead, which I do sometimes now. I still believe that the AI gets increased proc rate on things, so I think the evasion bonus will be pretty sweet.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

commish posted:

I think Sid is going to be on every team... that evade chance is insane. I actually might have Dooku lead, which I do sometimes now. I still believe that the AI gets increased proc rate on things, so I think the evasion bonus will be pretty sweet.

I was really hoping to have good reason to bench him for a more pure dps character, but you're almost definitely right.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

They definitely reduced drop rates in Cantina missions. I think they realized people were get characters much faster than they would have liked and cut drop rates by half.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

Zotix posted:

They definitely reduced drop rates in Cantina missions. I think they realized people were get characters much faster than they would have liked and cut drop rates by half.
You sound like a reddit poster. I just did my cheap refill for the day and got 9 JC shards in 14 attempts, welcome to RNG.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

When you say it it's anecdotal, when I say it it's speaking from personal experience.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Maybe they didn't nerf low level garbo characters, but on Barris and Dooku I was pulling them at 50% or so last week. All this week I'm at BARELY 20% with 1k energy burned.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Metos posted:

You sound like a reddit poster. I just did my cheap refill for the day and got 9 JC shards in 14 attempts, welcome to RNG.

I love when people say "it's RNG" as it that proves nothing was changed.

All I know is that, I, like many other people, feel like our drop rates have decreased lately. i'm not saying it's over a few sims. I'm talking about over dozens of sims. Perhaps it is RNG, and the previous 70 days of cantina runs were just lucky?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Zotix posted:

Maybe they didn't nerf low level garbo characters, but on Barris and Dooku I was pulling them at 50% or so last week. All this week I'm at BARELY 20% with 1k energy burned.

For Dooku, I'm at 300 energy, 2 shards since last night. Prior to the patch/update, I was generally getting about 12 shards per day, running 6 hard modes and 360 energy (2 refills + 24 hours cantina energy), so that's 10 per 360 cantina energy. I still got 2 off hard mode, but I'm at 8% since I started tracking after the patch. While possible, this is highly unlikely to happen with a roughly 30% chance. It is MUCH more likely they stealth-nerfed drop rates to 15%.

e:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/45bamg/bought_a_2nd_cantina_refresh_12_sims_later_0/

quote:

Bought a 2nd cantina refresh, 12 sims later, 0 shards

quote:

I was 1/30 on Bariss shards today, I've been salty ever since

quote:

yea, I was 1/12 on PLO today. sucks. need 76 shards to get to 5 stars in 6 days. Not happening at that clip even with 2 refreshes or 300 crystals a day.

All anecdotal and entirely possible this is reinforced confirmation bias, or whatever that's called but I rebut with Occam's Razor: EA wants to make more money.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Feb 11, 2016

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

This game is just going down the shitter day by day. Stealth nerfs to characters, terrible chracter advancement, now possible ninja nerfs to characters. It's a shame because they've got a decent game. They just don't seem like they care about really supporting it past 6 months or so. They want to bleed their player base and then drop the game.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Zotix posted:

This game is just going down the shitter day by day. Stealth nerfs to characters, terrible chracter advancement, now possible ninja nerfs to characters. It's a shame because they've got a decent game. They just don't seem like they care about really supporting it past 6 months or so. They want to bleed their player base and then drop the game.

I'm leaning more and more towards not playing because of all this poo poo, which is a shame, because I really like this game.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

commish posted:

I love when people say "it's RNG" as it that proves nothing was changed.

All I know is that, I, like many other people, feel like our drop rates have decreased lately. i'm not saying it's over a few sims. I'm talking about over dozens of sims. Perhaps it is RNG, and the previous 70 days of cantina runs were just lucky?

these are wee tiny sample sizes. They are not representative of the whole.

Aggregate maybe 10,000+ and you'll start to get a sample size that can start to reflect some accuracy in results, but there's still such a huge as gently caress margin of error that you're still probably wrong. 100,000+ and you're probably gonna get the right percentages.

"dozens" of samples is not much. At all. As someone who used to professionally gamble, you can sure as poo poo see some rude downswings in randomness over small sample sizes. That's what it's all about.

You might be right, but you just as easily could have confirmation bias from other people who hit bad streak at the same time while ignoring everyone else who have seen nothing change.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Lol 7* stage apparently can spawn an Anakin with 2 HP bars. How in the gently caress does this get out of testing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Telex posted:

these are wee tiny sample sizes. They are not representative of the whole.

Aggregate maybe 10,000+ and you'll start to get a sample size that can start to reflect some accuracy in results, but there's still such a huge as gently caress margin of error that you're still probably wrong. 100,000+ and you're probably gonna get the right percentages.

"dozens" of samples is not much. At all. As someone who used to professionally gamble, you can sure as poo poo see some rude downswings in randomness over small sample sizes. That's what it's all about.

You might be right, but you just as easily could have confirmation bias from other people who hit bad streak at the same time while ignoring everyone else who have seen nothing change.

Yes, I had my share of statistics classes in college :p We will truly never know, and no one is going to run tests of the size and scale that we would need (not that we could anyway). All I can say is that, my rates are down by quite a bit the last few days. If that's just a coincidence or just RNG at work, then that's fine. Possible. It's also possible that a company who has shown to be pretty drat greedy so far, and who has a history of making undocumented changes, has indeed made another change "by mistake".

Zotix posted:

Lol 7* stage apparently can spawn an Anakin with 2 HP bars. How in the gently caress does this get out of testing?

Edit: You mean, literally, 2 HP bars? I thought you meant double HP bars (as in, twice the health).

• Locked thread