Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Emporio during Jail House Lock was probably the most nauseous JoJo ever made me felt. That part just loving sucks. That and when Emporio starts peeing blood during Sky High I think?

Rohan Kishibe posted:

The biggest failing I think of part 6 is underutilisation of secondary characters. It's loving criminal how underused Weather Report is when Anasui is, on balance, probably the second most prominent protagonist since those two aren't even in the same loving dimension of cool.
To be fair, anytime Weather is there, he's doing the coolest poo poo on screen. Creating cloud suits, making it rain frogs, turning people into snails, lowering the air temperature to make blood spikes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The latter end of Stone Ocean is way more Weather focus though. Like, I think there's probably some merit in the claim that it does underuse its side characters (and perhaps that sticks all the way through to recent JoJolion) but Anasui probably comes off worse due to that than many characters, 'cos he's written off as some kind of superfluous murder freak rather than someone who contributes anything to the story.

There's no real need to have protagonists be actually likeable or good people, especially in a prison story, but Anasui could have done with more characterisation and fleshing out.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
pucci: "let's blast through at sonic speed"

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

And his stand his fuckin' rad speedos so there's that.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't like Diver Down's that much tbh

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
manga fans: "oh no! the world is blasting through at sonic speed! how will we get our mang fixes now?"

rohan kishibe: "i am rohan kishibe"

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
rip everyone

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Baal posted:

I don't like Diver Down's that much tbh

May I divert your attention to the rad speedos, please and thank you.

(He is definitely the worst nautical themed humanoid stand*/tubey stand)

*gently caress Dark Blue Moon the fishy turd.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

people will argue otherwise but rohan is araki's self-insert

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

alcharagia posted:

rip everyone

now you know why arcs 7+8 are an alternate universe reboot

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also I loving hate CC2's obsession with using the grossest looking color palettes for a lot of characters

Like why the gently caress is Gappy in an orange sailor suit that poo poo looks gross

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Johnny Joestar posted:

people will argue otherwise but rohan is araki's self-insert

The only person who argues otherwise is Araki himself and even some of the statements he says are like "yeah, he is, but not he's totally me."

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

alcharagia posted:

manga fans: "oh no! the world is blasting through at sonic speed! how will we get our mang fixes now?"

rohan kishibe: "i am rohan kishibe"

:allears:

Also at no point do I forget that Stroheim is a Nazi. I hate that character and my favorite part of BT is Kars going Nazi-slicin'.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
My Stand is 100% accurate!

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
The ripple of fate caused by Jonathan and Dio's meeting, leading to numerous world-wide conflicts of massive scale and some of the craziest superpowers the world has ever seen, all comes down to this final battle... A gay priest with a horse crotch versus a small child in a baseball uniform

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do
Would you have it any other way?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

stone ocean is the dragonball z to the rest of the series's dragonball

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Josuke Higashikata posted:

May I divert your attention to the rad speedos, please and thank you.

(He is definitely the worst nautical themed humanoid stand*/tubey stand)

*gently caress Dark Blue Moon the fishy turd.

Say what you will about the fight itself but I love Fake Captain Tennille's and Dark Blue Moon's designs. They're great.

Dark Blue Moon is pretty much araki's take on the creature from the black lagoon while there's no way the imposter captain isn't inspired by Tom of Finland

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
The real bizarre adventure was the friends we made along the way.

alcharagia posted:

The ripple of fate caused by Jonathan and Dio's meeting, leading to numerous world-wide conflicts of massive scale and some of the craziest superpowers the world has ever seen, all comes down to this final battle... A gay priest with a horse crotch versus a small child in a baseball uniform
All of this happened because one lovely kid hated another lovely kid and wanted to take his money.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
it's hosed up that foo fighters didn't get to go on the alternate-dimension road trip

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
[the next day]

giorno: "huh"

polnareff: "what"

giorno: "for some reason i kinda wanted to go to florida..."

giorno: "but i don't anymore actually"

polnareff: "then why did you mention it"

mista: "i hear they have great toilets in florida"

polnareff: "gently caress you"

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

alcharagia posted:

[the next day]

[everyone except Rohan is dead]
Rohan: meh

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

alcharagia posted:

it's hosed up that foo fighters didn't get to go on the alternate-dimension road trip

In my opinion, which is completely canon, Irene totally has a bunch of plankton as pets and friends. :colbert:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

In my opinion, which is completely canon, Irene totally has a bunch of plankton as pets and friends. :colbert:

i can dig it

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
no but seriously, part 6 was super good, why is part 5 the super-popular one in japan again

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

alcharagia posted:

no but seriously, part 6 was super good, why is part 5 the super-popular one in japan again

because it has a good translation there and also a bunch of prettyboys instead of the most hardcore lady in all of jojo

e: idk why i said good translation

you know what I mean

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Weather Report posted:

"You know how you can tell girls who'll go out with you from girls who wont? Just try to tell if they're smarter than your nearest tree, and if they look dumber than a tree, chances are they'll come with you."

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Rohan Kishibe posted:

My Stand is 100% accurate!

Jotaro Kujo is alive and his gay daughter has lots of adorable kids and his great uncle, who is also gay, is very happy somewhere too and foo fighters for sure is not dead either

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

Jotaro Kujo is alive and his gay daughter has lots of adorable kids and his great uncle, who is also gay, is very happy somewhere too and foo fighters for sure is not dead either

caesar is dead

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I really like when Weather gets his memory back and becomes a huge rear end in a top hat. Because all of a sudden he becomes the crazier part of a duo that includes loving Annasui who just kinda looks on really confused by what is happening. :allears:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
everyone else is fine but the zeppelis are dead. terence d. d'arby is currently going under the alias shinya arino

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I really like when Weather gets his memory back and becomes a huge rear end in a top hat. Because all of a sudden he becomes the crazier part of a duo that includes loving Annasui who just kinda looks on really confused by what is happening. :allears:

Supreme JoJo moment right here.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

http://comicsalliance.com/bizarre-adventures-battle-tendency/
Claire: Yesss. Yess, give in to the hate! I’m pouring Ripple oil on the flames of your disdain! Buuuurnnnnnn JoJo burn

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
stupid

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

THANKFULLY, Jolyne Kujo is gay and her girlfriend is Hermes Costello and they're in love forever.

Yeah

to do more than just empty quote, I finished Part 7 earlier this week and it is probably my favorite Jojo part overall. Johnny is great and my 2nd favorite Jojo, the story is cool and fast-paced and had more closure than Part 4 (and a way less frustrating ending than part 6), it has the 2nd coolest lady in jojos (also the 5th, even if that doesn't seem all that impressive), I really liked Diego and Valentine was weird and a good villain. The only complaint that I have is that a few of the deaths were really anticlimactic and sudden, to the point that I didn't even remember that one of them was shown on screen. Not naming names since Alcharagia has just been posting about finishing part 6

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That's way too much effort for poo poo clickbait.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Jolyne canonically loves the dick.

She loves dick.
It's a dawn of a new age.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Jolyne canonically loves the dick.

She loves dick.
It's a dawn of a new age.
Jolyne envies snails because they can gently caress whoever they want, so she just likes loving. Know your canon

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Feb 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That contradicts nothing.