Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

Killed By Death posted:

Well, I mean, the CS finals were DigEU/Splyce vs Mouz, so yes, I think you did imagine it :v:

Went back and checked esportspedia. Wunderwear on Gangplank hard carried game 2 of the semis against Denial, and otherwise did ok but tended to have most of his team's deaths. Still pretty surreal to me that Mouse actually got to the finals of a CS, bit of a change from them coming in paddy fuckin last all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
So Vitality literally flips a coin to see whether they're going to be good or bad any given game, huh

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Wol posted:

So Vitality literally flips a coin to see whether they're going to be good or bad any given game, huh

this seems to be both the shook and nukeduck way of doing things. Some games they look incredible and others they're totally worthless

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Am I the only one who thinks mid Morgana is garbage? I have yet to see her impact any game this split.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I haven't seen much mid-Morgana at all this split, aside from Trace inexplicably playing it top a couple of times, I've really only seen it support.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Giants are making Roccat look coordinated.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

Schnorkles posted:

Giants are making Roccat look coordinated.

In my brain I want Roccat to win, but it just feels mean cheering for anyone against Giants at this point.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
"I get this weird vibe when watching Giants [..] that they are just totally poo poo."

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
Why did Pepinero change his name to an xPeke knockoff

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
What the hell is with all this Quinn in Europe, was there some kind of meta shift lately or are people just being bad

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

SpaceDrake posted:

What the hell is with all this Quinn in Europe, was there some kind of meta shift lately or are people just being bad

She's been picked/banned in a third of all games this season world-wide. She's not a niche pick that Europe "discovered"

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Did somebody say Clowncar yet? :allears:

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Millennium is going to do terrible things to one of these teams.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Libertine posted:

She's been picked/banned in a third of all games this season world-wide. She's not a niche pick that Europe "discovered"

I guess I've just been out of it this season so far then. This week she's looked like the Quinn I'm used to (i.e. useless and unable to contribute) so I was wondering what's up. Are people trying to capitalize on her being a lane bully or did she get adjustments in S6?

edit: what in every gently caress was that

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

That baron throw was breathtaking.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Schnorkles posted:

That baron throw was breathtaking.

Its not slowing down

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Monathin posted:

Roccat vs Giants is probably gonna be the clown fiesta to end all clown fiestas.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

man, the bad EU teams are baaaaaaaadddd.

e: these casters are trying so hard to not say this game is poo poo.

Schnorkles fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Feb 11, 2016

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

"Need a remake, we hosed up our Rend and our Smite."

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Radical posted:

i feel like pushing the SHOTCALLING angle is a thing they talk about in the pre-broadcast meetings because nothing is really happening early

It's because reddit believes that shot calling is real and the most important thing. It's the David Eckstein scrappiness narrative come to league.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Firebert posted:

I haven't seen much mid-Morgana at all this split, aside from Trace inexplicably playing it top a couple of times, I've really only seen it support.

Marin has also played a lot of top Morg

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

rabidsquid posted:

It's because reddit believes that shot calling is real and the most important thing. It's the David Eckstein scrappiness narrative come to league.

tbf it appears that it actually does exist in the case of c9.

yet another reason why they are bad and should go away imo

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

SpaceDrake posted:

Quinn is a pretty strong split pusher similar to fiora but with different lane matchups and more team fight / objective not utility exactly just a ranger auto attack. Europe loves her because Europe is a collection of cultures, languages, and histories United only by their love of dumb rear end solo queue ad auto attackers top lane.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Link playing for Hai actually showed that it does not exist. A lot of other things have happened to make the team a lovely environment and the fact that they think they're useless does not make Hai's ability to play a 1-3-1 comp a magical power.

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Only Roccat could make Giants look this good. gently caress this game.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Highs shot calling just translates into losing in a slightly different, dumber looking way against better teams anyways, like when in solo queue your Inhib tower is going down but your 0/3 top laner is getting bot outer at the same time.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Hahahahahahahahahaha

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
Giants won a game :woop:

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Giants and Roccat are so bad.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
every region is poo poo

Unscientific
Feb 16, 2014
It took a bit to get rolling but that first Rox game was fun :munch:

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

OG - VIT
UOL - FNC
H2K - G2
EL - ROC
SPY - GIA

Really balanced set of games today, should be good.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
really hyped for h2k g2

also holy moly sjokz

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Unscientific posted:

It took a bit to get rolling but that first Rox game was fun :munch:

This composition was really fun to watch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAU9csDG9Fw

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

sjokz is bae with glasses

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When players yawn on the camera like they are tired/hungover before a game that's always a bad sign to me.

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
OG v VIT
UOL v FNC
H2K v G2
ELM v ROC
SPY v GIA

• Origen won yesterday so they'll take today off.
  • UOL will remember that they're UOL today.
  • G2 will have a chip on their shoulder after yesterday's loss. Expect a bloodbath.
  • Elements and Roccat will play an 80 minute game with 6 Baron throws, multiple 5 dragon power plays, and less than 10 kills total in the entire game.
  • Giants will shock the world today by going 2-0 for the week.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Libertine posted:

When players yawn on the camera like they are tired/hungover before a game that's always a bad sign to me.

lemondogs vs fnatic never 4get

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Unicorns of Love will battle against the obviously racist FNC and defeat them. Origen will lose because they're jackass morons who are going to waste an entire split or more because too many team members believe they're too talented to listen to coaches or analysts.

Wild dogs will eat the rest of the EU teams probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

The best thing about today's schedule is you can easily just watch the first three matches and then burn the last two for warmth.

• Locked thread