Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

fractalairduct posted:

Oh - one other thing. Fiona has the option of calling the guy out on the map, the clothes, the fruit, or saying nothing. My mouse has been acting a little wonky, so I ended up saying nothing. What Sasha says next is pretty funny - though sadly I haven't been able to find a video of it.

it's okay, buddy-- i've got your back! :buddy:

Final word she says is "necessary". Subtitles in this game get kinda finicky sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Yvonmukluk posted:

I'll be honest I was thinking Rhys & Fiona were going to end up together, rather than him & Sasha - only to later have had a bad breakup by the time of the 'present'. (Or have pretended to have a bad breakup as a zany scheme - who knows, perhaps to draw out the Stranger by making him think they're enemies now). So point for subverting my expectations, game!

I considered this a little at first but then the game never put any real signs of attraction between the two of them when they interact in the first episode whereas Rhys and Sasha can get lightly flirty in the part where they're separated from the others. Also it would maybe be a little odd to have the romance between two character controlled by the same person maybe? I know you never control Rhys and Fiona at the same time but still.

I let Cassius live in my playthrough (over the last couple of days having bought the game because of the first couple of parts of this LP and the steam sale) so let Athena murder him cause want to see what differences it causes.

But Athena is wrong carrying around eyeballs is in no way weird and sloped elevators are cool.

Actually a question. I didn't have Rhys make choices that made him a loyal Hyperion dick so the flower scene made plenty of sense, do you really still get that even if you've made choices where Sasha would have no reason to let him put the flower in her hair? That's kind of disappointing if so, I'm used to choices in Telltale games not really changing the overall plot but it feels like character interactions should be determined by them.

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Feb 11, 2016

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

ActionZero posted:

Actually a question. I didn't have Rhys make choices that made him a loyal Hyperion dick so the flower scene made plenty of sense, do you really still get that even if you've made choices where Sasha would have no reason to let him put the flower in her hair? That's kind of disappointing if so, I'm used to choices in Telltale games not really changing the overall plot but it feels like character interactions should be determined by them.

The game just railroads you ahead no matter the decisions you make for the most part. You just get different scenes at various points depending on decisions made. Honestly it's just a consequence of the story telling method Telltale Games uses with their episodic releases.

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
Eyeballs? not weird at all!

Funicular all the way!

Spare the old man!

tehspiekguy
Aug 13, 2002
Press X to flip tehspiekguy
I'll be a dissenting voice here and say kill him, if for no other reason than it's not what I did on my playthrough.

EDIT: Oops, forgot the critical other questions. Eyeballs are totally cool and not at all weird.

Diagonal eleva..I mean, funiculars in video games always remind me of that scene from Metal Gear Solid 1, so for that they're completely normal by video game standards.

tehspiekguy fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Feb 11, 2016

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

ActionZero posted:

It's not disappointing, it makes perfect sense, because Sasha is totally scamming Rhys, so no matter how little interest he's actually showed she's still going to go along with it and lure him in like a fly to a honey trap. :freep:

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

Kaubocks posted:

it's okay, buddy-- i've got your back! :buddy:

Final word she says is "necessary". Subtitles in this game get kinda finicky sometimes.

Ah, but you missed the best part, which continues on from that point something like:

Rhys: Sasha, when did you take an interest in relational logic?
Sasha: Very recently.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

ActionZero posted:

If you're a Hyperion dick, you can of course make the decision to put the flower on your own lapel instead of in Sasha's hair, but no the game doesn't stop you from taking the flirty choice and Sasha doesn't react poorly like you'd think she would.

If you do put the flower on yourself, Sasha's the one who gets sprayed with pollen and she's not exactly thrilled.

Fire Storm
Aug 8, 2004

what's the point of life
if there are no sexborgs?
Eyeballs? I mean, who DOESN'T carry an eye in their pocket, am i rite?

Funicular is the besterest word and bestererestist way to go up inclines!

Spare the old man!

Edit: Is it weird that I like that Janey and Athena are together? Makes me smile that Janey found someone. Was this mentioned anywhere before it popped up here in this chapter?

Fire Storm fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Feb 12, 2016

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.

quote:

Is it weird that I like that Janey and Athena are together? Makes me smile that Janey found someone. Was this mentioned anywhere before it popped up here in this chapter?

It was never mentioned that I recall.

Never did the Pre-Sequel so he'll if I know whether they are good together.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

If Rhys and Vaughn go to Old Haven in chapter 2 you get a pretty funny alternate scene at Scooter's with Athena and Janey.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Wiseblood posted:

If Rhys and Vaughn go to Old Haven in chapter 2 you get a pretty funny alternate scene at Scooter's with Athena and Janey.

"Athena will REALLY remember that."

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

"Athena will REALLY remember that."

That was pretty great, yeah. :v:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

In the Pre-Sequel, Janey flirts with Athena a lot. I mean, she also flirts with every other woman too but also Athena.

The framing of The Pre-Sequel is that Athena is recounting the tale of her adventure to Lilith. If you replay the game in True Vault Hunter Mode (the next difficulty up from normal), she is telling the story to Tina Tina instead who often interjects with dumb questions, and in TVHM it essentially confirms Athena and Janey hooked up.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Man I really love Tina. I don't get how people hate her.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

CuwiKhons posted:

Seriously. On paper she's everything I should hate, but I loving love her.

I still hate claptrap though.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
The eyeball thing is hella weird.

Funiculars are Cool.

We should Spare Cassius.

I want to like Tina but she's just... obnoxious, to me.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Less eyes.

Funiculars are cool as poo poo.

Stop murdering dudes when you don't need to, it's rude.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.
New outfits are so very worth the dollars. This game is really slick and I love all the little details that make the setting pop, like Rhys' face still having plant goop on it after the flower gets him. Rhys should've wiped his goddamn face, though, that's arguably even worse than walking around with one shoe.

It's interesting that the Energy Chassis isn't on Gortys in present time, and I hope she doesn't get hurt. Let's not hurt Cassius either, Fiona's not that kind of Vault Hunter.

Keeping an eye isn't weird, but it's weirder than the perfectly sensible viewpoint of liking cool sloped elevators.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

CuwiKhons posted:

Some people are just really put off by her myriad juxtapositions. Or find certain ones really offensive. Or haven't played Borderlands 2 DLC where she narrates the Bunkers and Buster's game.

These people sound like they don't actually play Borderlands games though.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Don't kill the old guy.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Eyes are good
Funiculars as a concept even better
Funiculars as a word is really cool. fooo neee cu laarrrrrrrrr

And listen to Gortys.
Athena disapproves

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

EponymousMrYar posted:

Some people are just really put off by her myriad juxtapositions. Or find certain ones really offensive. Or haven't played Borderlands 2 DLC where she narrates the Bunkers and Buster's game.

These people sound like they don't actually play Borderlands games though.
I really learned to like her during the DnD DLC. She gets some actually well-written character development done there.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
The eyeball thing isn't weird, the elevator thing isn't weird, "funicular" is a great word, and spare Cassius. Dude knows stuff and we can at least figure out what he knows before we let Athena paste him.

ALSO, for those of us like who love that milk-chocolate smoothness of Patrick Warburton's voice, you can listen to him wax poetic about cheeseburgers over at the Cheese & Burger Society page. Listen to how he says the word "fontina" for the cheese. I'm down for Patrick Warburton ASMR about the burg. :allears:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Clooooooooooosing the polls! Sadly I have to throw out the votes regarding funiculars because everyone was voting for wildly different things. I never asked once whether or not funiculars themselves are cool yet that seems to be what the majority of people were voting about! :mad:

Come on guys, get your poo poo together.

Let's start with the most important poll:

Fiona keeping an eyeball in her pocket this whole time is WEIRD - 19
Fiona keeping an eyeball in her pocket this whole time is NOT WEIRD - 21

drat that was close. Guess Fiona gets a pass for this. I'm surprised she hadn't accidentally smooshed it this whole time. That thing has gotta be sliming and oozing all over the lining of her new coat.

...and for the actual choice of the video:

Allow Athena to satiate her bloodlust - 10
Disapprove of Athena's conviction - 40

Looks like the creepy doctor gets to live another day! :toot:

You know the drill, give me time to record, blah blah blah...

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
but what about the Funicular? :colbert:

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Krysmphoenix posted:

but what about the Funicular? :colbert:

Kaubocks posted:

Sadly I have to throw out the votes regarding funiculars because everyone was voting for wildly different things. I never asked once whether or not funiculars themselves are cool yet that seems to be what the majority of people were voting about! :mad:

Reading is hard but you can get through it buddy!

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

Kaubocks posted:

Clooooooooooosing the polls! Sadly I have to throw out the votes regarding funiculars because everyone was voting for wildly different things. I never asked once whether or not funiculars themselves are cool yet that seems to be what the majority of people were voting about! :mad:

Hey, some of us voted both for whether funiculars were weird and if noticing them was weird. :colbert:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Alright fine, here is my best interpretation of the funicular debacle. For some reason, most you guys decided to vote on whether or not funiculars themselves were an acceptable mode of transport:

Funiculars are WEIRD - 3
Funiculars are NOT WEIRD - 19

It's a vote we didn't need to have because look how lopsided it is. :colbert:

Getting into polls I actually asked about :

The WORD "funicular" is WEIRD - 1
The WORD "funicular" is NOT WEIRD - 13

Looks like "funicular" having "fun" makes things a whole lot more fun! But this isn't really the poll I was most concerned about. What I really wanted to know was:

My appreciation of funiculars (a mode of transportation often used in the Borderlands franchise) also being present in Telltale's latest game "Tales from the Borderlands" is WEIRDER THAN FIONA KEEPING AN EYEBALL IN HER POCKET - 5
My appreciation of funiculars (a mode of transportation often used in the Borderlands franchise) also being present in Telltale's latest game "Tales from the Borderlands" is NOT WEIRDER THAN FIONA KEEPING AN EYEBALL IN HER POCKET - 11

Apparently nothing is weird on Pandora.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Just gotta say that ya'll who voted that keeping an eyeball isn't weird are some folks I don't wanna meet, because I have to assume you're carrying eyeballs around right now.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Just gotta say that ya'll who voted that keeping an eyeball isn't weird are some folks I don't wanna meet, because I have to assume you're carrying eyeballs around right now.

Yep. Two of them. :downs:

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Felinoid posted:

Yep. Two of them. :downs:

Gross, imo.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Nervous posted:

Reading is hard but you can get through it buddy!

Hey, at least me missing a sentence ended up well for everyone! :shobon:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Kaubocks posted:

Allow Athena to satiate her bloodlust - 10
Disapprove of Athena's conviction - 40

You guys never let your friends do the fun stuff. Remember when you didn't trust Jack, just because that was the "morally right" thing to do. You should have learned from your mistakes.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Air is lava! posted:

You guys never let your friends do the fun stuff. Remember when you didn't trust Jack, just because that was the "morally right" thing to do. You should have learned from your mistakes.

We got our hat back so really nothing went wrong.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

SyntheticPolygon posted:

We got our hat back so really nothing went wrong.
We're down a character.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

anilEhilated posted:

We're down a character.

Yeah but there's no reason the player would know that if they haven't looked up other choice, so from the perspective of someone who has never played the game before the plan was a major success. With it's two big failures of hat death and best friend paralysis have recently been cured, so pretty much everything went extremely well.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Vaughn's shirt is ruined. I don't know what further consequences you need.

The Fat Swordsman
Feb 13, 2012

ZiegeDame posted:

Vaughn's shirt is ruined. I don't know what further consequences you need.

I'm sure some people would love to see Vaughn's shirt ruined. :pervert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

The Fat Swordsman posted:

I'm sure some people would love to see Vaughn's shirt ruined. :pervert:

It happens every time he flexes slightly.

• Locked thread