Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

onemanlan
Oct 4, 2006
Since I missed the Fry situation this morning I went and found it. It can be listened to here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=616S8t9tek4 ~2 h in when Jeff leaves and David is lighting up his cig. Hope this guy gets the help he needs. That guy is incorrigible - even with support from like minded people. If you told him he had to breath he would try to not breath just to make a point. You're wrong - hes right. Point made.

Most people had Fry or Sandra as the weak link in all of this. Listening last night it appeared to be Sandra in conjunction with Sean would be their un-doing, however that might have been due to David being quiet or bickering with Mark instead of being on the phone. Give it a day and look what happens... ole Fry bucks up and takes the crazy crown at the end when nobody can take it from him. Good on those people for trying to talk him down. As much as I hate who Siem & the assembly woman's points of views without them this likely would have ended with bullets instead.

onemanlan has issued a correction as of 00:34 on Feb 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Goodpancakes posted:

It was touch and go there for a while with him holding a gun to his own head and being very suicidal but he eventually turned himself in.

Lol classic fry.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

katlington posted:

Lol classic fry.

Its worth listening to the audio if you're bored. Some solid gold purestrain crazy. Everything from "I just want marijuana" to "The government is chemically mutating everyone"

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
I can't wait for the audio highlight reel.

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

wayne curr posted:

So did Cliven Bundy just flat out forget that he pulled a bunch of illegal poo poo back in 2014? And that the authorities where out to arrest him?

I think crazy-lady Fiore from last night convinced him to fly to Portland to meet her there. He probably thought her being there would give him some kind of immunity, because he cray.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

InterFaced posted:

Its worth listening to the audio if you're bored. Some solid gold purestrain crazy. Everything from "I just want marijuana" to "The government is chemically mutating everyone"

I'm listening now. I hope he gets the psychiatric help and meds he needs.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I am 100% convinced the FBI got to Fiore really fast and then denied they were working with her. She told them to look for explosives, like the propane tanks for their stoves, and remove them.

Lol if they also got Fiore to talk Cliven in walking right into a pair of handcuffs. Just a reminder, this is our generation's Benedict Arnold. The oath breaking government beuraucRAT who sold out the second American Revolution.

Posture Pal
Nov 22, 2007

Don't know if this got noticed, but the feds picked up Blaine Cooper today:
http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/02/blaine_coopers_wife_says_he_ha.html#incart_maj-story-1

And here's some stuff on the new indictment, with some more arrests:
http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/02/5_more_indicted_in_oregon_refu.html#incart_maj-story-1

EDIT:
And here's the government's complaint against Cliven. Motherfucker's gonna spend the rest of his life in prison:
http://media.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/other/2016/02/11/clivenbundycomplaint.pdf

Posture Pal has issued a correction as of 01:02 on Feb 12, 2016

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Is there any clearer story about the foster care thing? I know he did foster care and had a lot of kids but I didn't hear anything about it being explicitly a scam. Makes sense, since we haven't heard a single peep from any of the kids he fostered saying they were sad he's dead.

Not that I know any more than you do, but a bunch of troubled teens on a remote ranch supervised by an insane man probably should be investigated for, you know, rape instances too :ohdear:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

Not that I know any more than you do, but a bunch of troubled teens on a remote ranch supervised by an insane man probably should be investigated for, you know, rape instances too :ohdear:
LaVoy says his magic dick protects me from owls.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Pretty sure there's a quote out there where he admits the ranch broke even and he was completely dependent on the foster care income.

Like I dunno I don't think you can call yourself a rancher if your income is equal to or less than zero and also not your primary job.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

cumshitter posted:

Pretty sure there's a quote out there where he admits the ranch broke even and he was completely dependent on the foster care income.

Like I dunno I don't think you can call yourself a rancher if your income is equal to or less than zero and also not your primary job.

Ranching is actually extremely dependent on heavy subsidies to exist. The irony has been pointed out before that if these guys got what they wanted and the land was returned to the states, they'd be out of business because the states are legally required to charge fair market value. With the government contracts, they pay like 1/10 of that.

Ranching makes up for considerably less than 1% of the economy in the west, it's a vestigial organ that only survives because it's attached to a healthy blood supply.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Oh speaking of that, what ever became of that one rancher who the militants convinced to tear up his grazing contract?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

Ranching is actually extremely dependent on heavy subsidies to exist. The irony has been pointed out before that if these guys got what they wanted and the land was returned to the states, they'd be out of business because the states are legally required to charge fair market value. With the government contracts, they pay like 1/10 of that.

Ranching makes up for considerably less than 1% of the economy in the west, it's a vestigial organ that only survives because it's attached to a healthy blood supply.
No regulations means the Chinese could buy the land, wouldn't that be fun.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Zinger I forgot to use earlier: This was less off a Surrender at Appomattox and more of a Showdown at the Golden Corral.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Casimir Radon posted:

No regulations means the Chinese could buy the land, wouldn't that be fun.

I'm sure they thought this through quite thoroughly before they started this whole occupation. I'm sure it wasn't something like, "the people will welcome us as liberators and if the sheriff doesn't do what we say we'll string him up and appoint one who does. Just like the good old days when Jim Crow was law and the negro was happily working the fi-*muffled speech as though someone is being gagged*"

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

InterFaced posted:

did he give any more about the fake jews running the gay milk conspiracy to turn our kids transgender?

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Epic High Five posted:

I'm sure they thought this through quite thoroughly before they started this whole occupation. I'm sure it wasn't something like, "the people will welcome us as liberators and if the sheriff doesn't do what we say we'll string him up and appoint one who does. Just like the good old days when Jim Crow was law and the negro was happily working the fi-*muffled speech as though someone is being gagged*"

the other crazy guy on the stream last night (sean?) seemed to be legitimately crushed that they hadnt actually spawned an armed revolt against the government and that thousands of patriots never came to make the fbi stand down and rescue them

Cyberventurer
Jul 10, 2005
This might sound really stupid to anyone who knows their stuff but I'm genuinely clueless. Say they got their wish about no more federal handouts and got screwed over with costs and land and stuff. What would happen if the ranching business disappeared altogether in America? Would all of the country's food have to get imported to keep people from starving out?

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Posture Pal posted:

EDIT:
And here's the government's complaint against Cliven. Motherfucker's gonna spend the rest of his life in prison:
http://media.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/other/2016/02/11/clivenbundycomplaint.pdf
Mmmmmmm, those are some crunchy charges.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Did Michelle ever get to hug Sean and Sandy?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Cyberventurer posted:

This might sound really stupid to anyone who knows their stuff but I'm genuinely clueless. Say they got their wish about no more federal handouts and got screwed over with costs and land and stuff. What would happen if the ranching business disappeared altogether in America? Would all of the country's food have to get imported to keep people from starving out?

Nothing would change except the price of grass fed steaks would go up

Ranchers don't produce anything that 99% of people would ever consume, yet we're paying for them to do it. For better or worse, any beef you eat that didn't cost you $20+ pound for the cheap cut came from a CAFO

If they got their wish they'd be ruined overnight in a dramatic fashion. Their not-so-secret meaning was actually that they wanted the land given over to ranchers for their exclusive use, which is why they marched onto a public refuge that is open to the public and then demanded it be deeded over to them

edit - the plan was always "get land given to local government -> force government to deed the land to them", which is why one of their opening moves was to emphasize that they believe they can lynch any sheriff that doesn't agree with them. They literally said this

Epic High Five has issued a correction as of 01:24 on Feb 12, 2016

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The Goatfather posted:

the other crazy guy on the stream last night (sean?) seemed to be legitimately crushed that they hadnt actually spawned an armed revolt against the government and that thousands of patriots never came to make the fbi stand down and rescue them

Like 50 cars came tho! HONK HONK

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Cyberventurer posted:

If the ranching sector loses its subsidies then the American beef industry will fall. The Founding Fathers gave all the lands west of the Mississippi to the noble rancher, and it is on his shoulders that America supports itself. The very second that cattle ranchers are no longer able to profit is the moment we become weak. The Mexican and Canadian intelligence agencies have been waiting for this moment for decades, and they will crush us in a pincer movement once they realize we are no longer to fight back. Our soldiers need red meat.

Stay strong, fellow Patriot, and pray long and hard that the clowns in Washington don't cut those precious beef subsidies.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Hallelujah!

red19fire
May 26, 2010

cumshitter posted:

I am 100% convinced the FBI got to Fiore really fast and then denied they were working with her. She told them to look for explosives, like the propane tanks for their stoves, and remove them.

Lol if they also got Fiore to talk Cliven in walking right into a pair of handcuffs. Just a reminder, this is our generation's Benedict Arnold. The oath breaking government beuraucRAT who sold out the second American Revolution.

I'm the baby grabbing onto a big ole titty.

Also just lol at fatty mctactical on the left.

Mr. Belding
May 19, 2006
^
|
<- IS LAME-O PHOBE ->
|
V
i hallelujah'd twice looking a that michelle fiore picture

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Are these guys going to spend time in jail or are these things slap on the wrist charges and they get off with probation?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Niwrad posted:

Are these guys going to spend time in jail or are these things slap on the wrist charges and they get off with probation?

Oh, they federally hosed now

With apologies to Training Day.

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

So, what's happened? Did they walk out in the morning or what?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

A White Guy posted:

So, what's happened? Did they walk out in the morning or what?

3 of them left but David J Fry is a special kind crazy so it took a hallelujah and a cookie to get him out. 2 hrs or so I think?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Niwrad posted:

They will be in prison for a long long time, and I am glad of it.

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

The Sphinxster posted:

3 of them left but David J Fry is a special kind crazy so it took a hallelujah and a cookie to get him out. 2 hrs or so I think?

Crazy is as crazy does I guess. Poor man is hellbent on committing suicide by cop.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The chat with David is great.

"David do you read scripture?"
"YEAH"
"David do you know what happen when Paul was arrested?"
".....<ramble about the government>"

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
theyre used to political religion crazy not fullblown chemtrail illuminati stuff i think

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Niwrad posted:

Despite the fact that they are morally opposed to it, a more enlightened and more liberal future America will either recognize them as mental cripples who knew not what they did and free them or will let them spend the hospice portion of their life with family.

And they will die, and their last words will be, "The FBI lied," and they will have died never understanding that the Founding Fathers they worshipped gave them a way to effectively create change in their society through a democratic process they never knew existed, much less understood.

cumshitter has issued a correction as of 02:01 on Feb 12, 2016

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Niwrad posted:

It's my understanding that anything with the word "federal" in front of it means you get to choose whether the giant spiked dildo coming your way is lubed or unlubed. But IANAL.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

A White Guy posted:

Crazy is as crazy does I guess. Poor man is hellbent on committing suicide by cop.

He said he had a gun to his head during part of his talk down. I was reading about it in comments on a live stream and apparently he covered an uh wide range of topics.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

cumshitter posted:

Despite the fact that they are morally opposed to it, a more enlightened and more liberal future America will either recognize them as mental cripples who knew not what they did and free them or will let them spend the hospice portion of their life with family.

And they will die, and their last words will be, "The FBI lied," and they will have died never understanding that the Founding Fathers they worshipped gave them a way to effectively create change in their society through a democratic process they never knew existed, much less understood.

To be fair, the Founding Fathers actually understood them, though, if they didn't understand the Fathers.

Hooray for the Electoral College!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

yep