Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

CHINA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

SeANMcBAY posted:

I want this white people question to be asked at a GOP debate.

Marco Roboto may actually melt down before our eyes if that happened

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva
Union... Union...

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

redreader posted:

He said 'the Blacks'? Yeah that's a little weird. What do you think he thinks in regards to Black people in general? (Honest question, not trying to lay a weird trap or anything)

I think that Sanders is a genuine dude and I am sure he doesn't dislike black people and he got arrested in the 60s doing antisegregation poo poo so I don't think this is the one place where he is totally bullshitting.

He might not have a lot of every day familiarity with black folk though given his area of residence.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

EwokEntourage posted:

No one cares about poor white people :(

If you've ever been through rural West Virginia, like I have, you would feel bad for them as well as other generationally impoverished communities.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Brannock posted:

Honestly I thought Hillary's response was kind of boilerplate :shrug:

Hope Bernie does better

I really doubt any of them had better than boilerplate answers for 'yea but what of white people issues hmmm?' Sanders is giving his generic rising tide lifts all boats speech it sounds like.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

EugeneJ posted:

what the hell is Netroots Nation

We are all Netroots Nation

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
this question is kind of a trainwreck

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
White worker black worker

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Dead Cosmonaut posted:

West Virginia is a shithole and deserves to be quarantined

You're an rear end in a top hat and you deserve to get hosed, hth

This is why I hate liberals

It was amusing watching them talk about white people like they were one of the democrats pet minorities though

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Tying this back to trade policy is an *extremely* Bernie answer, and exactly what you'd expect him to say, but it's probably too wonky to segue into here.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

SeANMcBAY posted:

With a follow-up question of "Given that you're probably going to need to votes of at least a couple non-white people to win the general election, would you like to repeat your answer again?"

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
That was a pretty good answer by Sanders

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Democrazy posted:

Bernie Sanders recognizes class as an important uniter across race. That's the difference.

It's like listening to my 8th grade history teacher. When he went over post civil war he spent most of his time on how rich whites were spending all their time trying to keep poor whites and blacks from uniting and turning against them.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I really doubt any of them had better than boilerplate answers for 'yea but what of white people issues hmmm?' Sanders is giving his generic rising tide lifts all boats speech it sounds like.

Yeah nothing really new or substantially addressing the question in Bernie's response

Though these are some pretty concerning statistics

Tenacious J
Nov 20, 2002

Thank you

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

Big surprise, neither white candidate wants to tell the black moderator about why white people have it so hard

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

SeANMcBAY posted:

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

2016 will be Sanders vs. Trump and who can poo poo on China the most wins.

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

quote:

This is why I have liberals
I think there is a cream for that

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
Kind of hosed up how people are mocking poor whites ITT imo

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Dem debate question: Should we secure the existence of white people and a future for white children?

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Shear Modulus posted:

its not too hard really, just say wall street ripped off black people disproportionately

My dad spent most of his career working for a bank that deliberately targeted poor black people because they were easier to rip off.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I wish Bernie would stop looking at his feet once he's finished a statement

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

I think Sanders has good intentions but I don't know if he's going to get the black vote at this point or not.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Pick posted:

If you've ever been through rural West Virginia, like I have, you would feel bad for them as well as other generationally impoverished communities.

Having grown up in Central PA (basically misplaced West Virginia) I say let it burn. Those people are poisoned and it will take generations to undo the damage.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Joementum posted:

Tying this back to trade policy is an *extremely* Bernie answer, and exactly what you'd expect him to say, but it's probably too wonky to segue into here.

Also bitching about free trade is just insane.

I knew the guy was lefty but I still find it hard to wrap my mind around the fact that he's a loving protectionist!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Brannock posted:

Yeah nothing really new or substantially addressing the question in Bernie's response

Though these are some pretty concerning statistics

Yea I think they both made valid, if generic, points. Bernie had good stats, Hillary talked about poo poo like how Appalachia is basically dying in front of us. Good answers to a weird question.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Having grown up in Central PA (basically misplaced West Virginia) I say let it burn. Those people are poisoned and it will take generations to undo the damage.

When good education enters these areas they can improve rapidly.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Pick posted:

The way Appalachian communities have been hosed over and utterly eviscerated is awful.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
"You know who I'd like to hear from now? Martin O'Malley" ~ nobody

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

The Iron Rose posted:

I knew the guy was lefty but I still find it hard to wrap my mind around the fact that he's a loving protectionist!

Are you new here?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

935 posted:

Big surprise, neither white candidate wants to tell the black moderator about why white people have it so hard

Bernie isn't white, hence his confusion about the question

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
Oh just to be clear I was kidding about being black earlier. I just wanted to add weight to my opinion.

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.
Full Stalin ahead, comrade sanders

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Haha what? I missed that, that rules.

it was in the bernie thread here

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

The Iron Rose posted:

The alternative, which we're currently experiencing by the way, is a global race to the bottom

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Ask Sanders why he talked about immigrants taking jobs from American workers then

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Obama deported more people than Bush did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Demonachizer posted:

Oh just to be clear I was kidding about being black earlier. I just wanted to add weight to my opinion.

my gaydar detected you as white as gently caress back in 2004

• Locked thread