Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Waffleman_ posted:

A One Punch Man game needs to be a Shenmuelike.
code:
              Do you know where I can find some sales?
             /

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009
It would likely end up as Superman games, underwhelming because the dude is practically a god with few (if any) equals.

Of course you don't need Saitama as the MC, Genos would be cool enough, and you could upgrade him throughout the game. Have appearances by Saitama and short playable segments with him, but I don't see how a full game could possibly work unless, like Last Celebration said, it was set in the past.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
A game in the style of OPM would likely rarely feature Saitama. You would play through every other character's tough battles and if you lose, you wake up in the hospital and the newspaper says "demon level monster mysteriously destroyed in one hit"

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

make an anime airdash fighting game cashgrab, so i can main licenceless rider

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Voted Worst Mom posted:

A game in the style of OPM would likely rarely feature Saitama. You would play through every other character's tough battles and if you lose, you wake up in the hospital and the newspaper says "demon level monster mysteriously destroyed in one hit"
That could be the explanation for why you don't die when you die, because Saitama showed up and swatted them.

But I agree with the post a bit above saying the game should be a genre-bender. Examples: Genos 3d stylish brawler with rocket powered roundhouses and combos, licenseless rider streets of rage JUSTICE, Fubuki psychic shmup (or something? Or maybe a Blizzard Group manager game), Saitama rhythm battle for sales, King as pac-man and when you power up you play as Saitama in that too. If you could nail the style and humor, it could work to deliver a lot of the pleasing beats of OPM.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

Last Celebration posted:

Um, isn't the obvious answer playing for the three years before Saitama lost his hair and could still be hurt?

I'm totally down with this. An X-Com style strategy game where you start off taking down Wolf-level threats, capitalize on grocery sale hours, and still manage to squeeze in your workout routine. One Punch Manager 2016.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Voted Worst Mom posted:

If you lose at the right time your character still gets credit for the win and you still get to advance in career mode. However if you lose too many times it begins to have greater effects than a normal loss as npcs begin to lose respect for you and instead of getting saved by Saitama you get saved by normal heroes who get credit/make you look bad.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

All of the stats are emotions. It's not about whether you can beat the monster, but whether you can be bothered to go out and fight it.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Any Onepunch Man game, regardless of genre(s), should be playable with only onebutton.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Not every manga lends itself to video game adaptations.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon
Clearly a OPM game needs to be a fighting game of some sort where you fight as saitama but you have a power gauge that you use to decide how hard you punch. If you punch too hard the planet breaks and you lose the game. If you punch a little too hard you break a bunch of poo poo and get a lower score. If you don't punch hard enough the monster gets more time to be a dick.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
It should be an RTS or turn based strategy where Saitama always starts hundreds of miles away from where every other hero and enemy is.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

a cartoon duck posted:

make an anime airdash fighting game cashgrab, so i can main licenceless rider

it's incredibly difficult to make saitama do any moves so your opponent has a chance to win by running down the clock

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
It should be like Dragonball Xenoverse where you make your own hero who just joined the Hero Association and you rise up through the ranks and can train with the different heroes from the manga to learn new skills. Saitama should never show up except as a nameless, non-interactable npc in the shop on sale day.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

redstormpopcorn posted:

I'm totally down with this. An X-Com style strategy game where you start off taking down Wolf-level threats, capitalize on grocery sale hours, and still manage to squeeze in your workout routine. One Punch Manager 2016.

Actually X-Com style could totally work, you play as the head of the Hero Association. Saitama can be in the game by implication because sometimes big threats near his home just vanish.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

You actually play as Garou, training up for the hero killing.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Actually X-Com style could totally work, you play as the head of the Hero Association. Saitama can be in the game by implication because sometimes big threats near his home just vanish.

This would be cool. You get multiple threats and if you just ignore the one closest to Saitamatown there's a chance it'll just "magically" be fixed. You can plan for these things by building shops and setting up sale days close to where threats are likely to happen too.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
The game should be before Saitama got his powers. You gotta manage his grueling workout while making sure you don't miss any good discounts at the grocery. Be sort of like that indie game Punch Club.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
dating sim

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
It'd be a dynasty warriors clone where you can play anyone from the series (or some large subset thereof) and opm is a joke character that takes no damage and kills everything in one punch. Default would be genos.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Tollymain posted:

dating sim

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Tollymain posted:

dating sim

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I can't believe no one's suggested Yakuza as a model, it's basically all of these things.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Voted Worst Mom posted:

You get a cartoony animation of Saitama wandering by and swatting it without letting go of his shopping in the other hand.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I can't believe no one's suggested Yakuza as a model, it's basically all of these things.

Now you say it, it seems almost too obvious.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008
Yakuza with the option of being Saitama and feeling the emptiness of one-shotting everything with no effort or engagement at all

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I have the same problem with these games, King.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Thunderbro posted:

Yakuza with the option of being Saitama and feeling the emptiness of one-shotting everything with no effort or engagement at all

Saitama mode is one long 24 hour long cutscene where he stays in his house, reads manga then goes out to get groceries.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Saitama mode is one long 24 hour long cutscene where he stays in his house, reads manga then goes out to get groceries.

Saitama goes to Millennium Tower for some unrelated business, accidentally is the one to blow it up this time.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Saitama would level up and unlock new abilities and upgrades but never get to use any of them in a fight.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Saitama would just read the same manga over and over like you can read in Yakuza 5 in the convenience store and save the money.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Broseph Brostar posted:

Saitama would level up and unlock new abilities and upgrades but never get to use any of them in a fight.

All of them require at least a 2hit combo, everything dies in 1 hit.

YamataNoOrochi
Oct 24, 2005

There's already what's basically the only real option for a One Punch Man game in Japanese arcades. I got to play it when I was there over the holidays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5PesYS1B2M

(It actually came out in 2011)

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
destroyed the sun for no reason; I don't want a hero like this...

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I said a Shenmuelike, it's the same thing.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Waffleman_ posted:

I said a Shenmuelike, it's the same thing.

In the sense that Yakuza is Shenmue with fun elements added in, yeah.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The EC corrects some of the most superficial complaints with the original ending, with the consequence of further increasing the contradictions.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
*Check thread*

Still video game :words:

I guess I'll be back.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

*Check thread*

Still video game :words:

I guess I'll be back.

It's alright, you don't have to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbosaurus
Feb 3, 2004
I believe in Jesus, our one Lord and GOD to be man's savior. Let us praise him at all times.
a opm game should be like mike tysons punchout + streetfighter. a fighting game to play as different heroes where saitama is the final boss. the final fight will be like punchout, every hit knocks you out, so you need to just survive for x minutes. then saitama tells you, good job and respects you enough to let you win the game.