Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Slur posted:

Never said Arc-V was the worst anime off of the planet. But holy hell is it easy to make fun of. Also, there's a difference between "getting your poo poo kicked in" and "getting your poo poo kicked in because it's entirely your fault for being incompetent as can be".

Kaito and Asuka coming back are kind of neat, though I would have preferred Vector and "The Chazz"

Yes, the difference is that it's way better because there isn't exonerating circumstances like "Kaiba threatened to jump off a castle". They lost straight up because they weren't good enough, which means the only recourse they have is to get better which leads to actual legit growth.

Which Yuya and the Lancers, have, by the way, already had a ton of. Back in the Battle Royale arc, it took seven guys and two of 'em dying to beat three Obelisk Force by the skin of their teeth. Now they're successfully 1v3ing these guys. Except Tsuki, but he's good at other stuff, so lay off. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

VJeff posted:

Yes, the difference is that it's way better because there isn't exonerating circumstances like "Kaiba threatened to jump off a castle".

There's no rule against it, legitimate card playing tactic. :colbert:

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

If you've never threatened suicide to win a card game I don't know why you're even posting here.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Unrelated but I recently came into the possession of a crate of eight of bonafide Japanese Yuzu beer.

When I popped one open I couldn't resist. I shouted out YUUUZUUUUUU!

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

Vector would be the best but honestly if we can't get him then Kaito's definitely the best choice from Zexal. Plus, I can't imagine Vector would be part of the Resistance, he'd probably just side with Academia.

I was hoping for Shark. He's the right combination of cool and dorky to fit right in with Arc-V's cast. Or the Arclights since their cards are cool. But Kite makes sense since he's the son of the mayor and he's probably become the leader of the resistance.

I have a feeling Yuya's Duel with Jack will be the make-or-break moment for this season. If the Duel is good, people will look back on the Synchro arc fondly, but if it sucks it'll just be another filler arc. Just like in the show. :v:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Eh, Yusei vs. Jack at the end of 5D's was spectacular, but that sure didn't make anybody remember part 2 of 5D's fondly.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
The second half of 5Ds would've been amazing if they didn't pull up from making Z-ONE into Yusei, honestly.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

I remember some people thought Zone was Kaiba. Had something to do with their eyes being similar and "You wouldn't expect it, would you?".

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

VJeff posted:

Eh, Yusei vs. Jack at the end of 5D's was spectacular, but that sure didn't make anybody remember part 2 of 5D's fondly.

It was a great duel, but yeah, didn't make up for all the poo poo beforehand. I was probably looking too deep for things to hate because I was lame like that back then, but it did kinda feel like Jack should've actually won that duel, to show how much everyone's grown thanks to Yusei and how nothing can get between their bonds and also Yusei loving pulled a new monster out of nowhere exclusively to give like 2000 extra ATK on Junk Warrior gently caress.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

It was a great duel, but yeah, didn't make up for all the poo poo beforehand. I was probably looking too deep for things to hate because I was lame like that back then, but it did kinda feel like Jack should've actually won that duel, to show how much everyone's grown thanks to Yusei and how nothing can get between their bonds and also Yusei loving pulled a new monster out of nowhere exclusively to give like 2000 extra ATK on Junk Warrior gently caress.

To be fair, that's how every duel in the series works now.

And I mean, Jack did the same thing, pulling out Crimson Blader out of nowhere.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
No, that pissed me off too. They're like IT'S JUNK WARRIOR AND ALL THE MONSTERS WHO HAVE ALWAYS STOOD BY YUSEI and also this new guy, whoops.

Crimson Blader gets a pass because it rules, and at least they didn't pretend like Jack always had it.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
It's pretty cool that Asuka's coming back, what's the justification for that?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

TheKingofSprings posted:

It's pretty cool that Asuka's coming back, what's the justification for that?

GX has had no returning characters yet...? Does there need to be more? :shrug:

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

It's just that she's the most generic choice out of so many good characters. They could have gone with Chazz, Syrus, Tyranno, even Jim.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

For anyone wondering what's going on with the two characters coming back:

“And Yuya’s fight breaks into the Xyz Dimension! There, we find Kaito and Asuka…?!”

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
They should have gone with the fat Australian who went to take over his dad's sauce business from season 1.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

K. Flaps posted:

They should have gone with the fat Australian who went to take over his dad's sauce business from season 1.

No, the only correct choice was Pegasus, with the dub voice.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Asuka is like...the absolute worst choice for a GX representative. Her deck is super boring and she never really did anything in the series. She just kind of...existed.

Now I'm wondering if we'll get a Duel Monsters rep too, since all the other shows have someone showing up.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Duel Monsters representative is Johnny Steps.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dexie posted:

Now I'm wondering if we'll get a Duel Monsters rep too, since all the other shows have someone showing up.

Joey would be great. :swoon:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

K. Flaps posted:

Duel Monsters representative is Johnny Steps.

You joke but I would be cool with that.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

No love for ninja kite filmstar dude?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

ThermoPhysical posted:

For anyone wondering what's going on with the two characters coming back:

“And Yuya’s fight breaks into the Xyz Dimension! There, we find Kaito and Asuka…?!”

Take away the googles and Yuya would make for a pretty good Yusei impersonator.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Asuka's deck seems right at home with entertainment dueling, and has a lot of parallels with Yuzu's deck in particular. She's as good a GX representative as any.

DM's rep does need to be Joey, though. Mai or Pegasus are also fine if it's going to be an antagonist.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Dexie posted:

Asuka is like...the absolute worst choice for a GX representative. Her deck is super boring and she never really did anything in the series. She just kind of...existed.

Tristan and Joey show up. Manga Tristan and Joey, from before the card games took over. And they beat everyone up.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Weevil shows up, takes Yuri's deck and throws it into the ocean.

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!
Say goodbye to Performapaaaaaaaaaaaal!

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!
edit double post delete this

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

"Yuya, I'll save you with my bracelet! *the other yuyas vanish and Yuya gets loving shot to the ceiling and falls down on the rusty chains* oops"

Man, can't believe Yuya actually loving lost, that's rad. Hope that "I don't see how I can bring smiles to everyone... but I can bring a smile to one person!" leads to something, dude picking his own egao path would be good.

SERGEY IS NOTHING SHORT OF PERFECTION. HE IS THE HERO WE DESERVED AND I AM GLAD THE ANIMATION BUDGET WENT INTO HIS CALVES AND FISTS.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Alexis is the perfect choice because she's probably going to be an evil general or something, and I wouldn't want to watch anyone else in the GX cast be turned into a villain.

EDIT: Like if you made Chazz behind the destruction of an entire dimension it would blow, but Alexis? Who gives a poo poo about Alexis, sure, why not.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Actually it would be awesome to see Chazz behind things because he'd be doing it with an Ojama deck.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I forgot who Asuka was at first since I thought she was being brought up in a Zexal context...

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
E: thanks Awful

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Alexis makes sense, her thing at the end was about being a duel teacher, so have her be one of the students that reject Academia and thus she can help Selena get out and mentor her.

Chazz would've been rad, but Alexis has potential, like how Crow is nowhere near as lovely as he was on 5D's. I just hope they find ways to bring up Bastion just to sandbag and ignore him.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Alexis makes sense, her thing at the end was about being a duel teacher, so have her be one of the students that reject Academia and thus she can help Selena get out and mentor her.

Chazz would've been rad, but Alexis has potential, like how Crow is nowhere near as lovely as he was on 5D's. I just hope they find ways to bring up Bastion just to sandbag and ignore him.

Bastion was the dude with the awful british accent who turned out to be a furry, right?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Logicblade posted:

Bastion was the dude with the awful british accent who turned out to be a furry, right?

Not furrydom. Bestiality.

For those who don't get it: Read Number 4 from this page http://hubpages.com/entertainment/Most-Insane-Episodes-Of-Yugioh-GX

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Julias posted:

For those who don't get it: Read Number 4 from this page http://hubpages.com/entertainment/Most-Insane-Episodes-Of-Yugioh-GX

Don't forget he also ran around school naked when he realized he can't be ignored if he's himself.

Then he gets ignored for another two years.

Anyway that list doesn't have episode 172. I understand that it's because it wasn't dubbed but still that episode is the greatest. :colbert:

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Julias posted:

This brings a whole new meaning to the words "go get 'em, tiger."

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Julias posted:

quote:

Chazz: [After reading Adrian's internet profile] ENOUGH! Who cares if he's richer than me. And so what if he's more powerful! I'm really good at playing card games! And that's what life is really all about anyway!!

Ojama Yellow: Take it easy boss, you'll pop a blood vessel!

Chazz: WHO CARES! I'll just buy a new one! Do you hear me Adrian Gecko?! What kind of a stupid name is that anyway. I've got a much cooler name. And unlike you, I also have my own catchphrase! CHAZZ IT UP!

[Chazz strikes a pose and lightning hits his computer]

Ojama Yellow: Not again! I hate it when he conjures lightning.

quote:

Adrian: I reveal two of my face-downs!

Chazz: But how?!

Adrian: Easy. I just call out their names dramatically and they pop up. Haven't you played this game before? 'Cause it's a pretty common occurrence.

Is this real.

EDIT: Seriously are these actual dialogues from the dub.

quote:

Seto Kaiba: "Attention all duelists, my company will be hosting a global competition. Anyone who thinks they've got what it takes can enter. Just create a design for a new card, then mail your design to the Kaiba Corporation. Winners will be hand-picked by me. Then your cards will be launched into space on a KaibaCorp satalite. Because I figure, if there *is* intelligent life out there, let's teach them how to duel! "

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
yes the GX dub wanted to be yu-gi-oh TAS so hard it hurt