Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
lol at the mods thinking any one is gonna keep watching PBS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Brannock posted:

I want to point out here for neutral audiences' benefit that Iron Rose is a very strong war hawk

Thanks for the tip.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
so when's the next democratic bloodbath i mean debate

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva
Henry Kissinger not getting to the White House after that showing.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Brogeoisie posted:

I'm now considering the Republican candidates because of this debate

A dumb response to this debate.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

bernie absolutely crushed it tonight and smdh at everyone who thinks remotely otherwise

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
That's how debates should be but I think they were unaccustomed to real questions in these things.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Dead Cosmonaut posted:

Hillary started it with the pettiest loving statement on the planet over loyalty to the party. She deserved every bit of that attack.

Nah, we're back in 2008 again (and have been for a while) where Hillary can say the vilest loving poo poo in the world and if Bernie/Obama respond with a tenth of that tone then whoops they're a piece of poo poo.

Bloody Queef
Mar 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Hillary is doing the Bill Clinton point. Is this a new tactic?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
PBS are such pros at this

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe

mannerup posted:

who plays WoW in TYOOL 2016

Read the Bernie thread, buddy.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Actually while I've always thought they were both strong, this debate made me see Sanders is a much better debater than I gave him credit for before and can put up just as good a fight as Clinton if he goes to the general.

Oh he did very very well, especially on domestic affairs.

His foreign policy is nonetheless appalling and reveals deep levels of ignorance and nativity.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012
dank debate for bernie

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Volume posted:

lol at the mods thinking any one is gonna keep watching PBS

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Oh Snapple! posted:

Nah, we're back in 2008 again (and have been for a while) where Hillary can say the vilest loving poo poo in the world and if Bernie/Obama respond with a tenth of that tone then whoops they're a piece of poo poo.

Bernie's tone is a MILLION times more condescending and vicious than hers.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
oh man that was so boring I can't wait for the republican debate where trump shoots someone on stage or something

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Actually while I've always thought they were both strong, this debate made me see Sanders is a much better debater than I gave him credit for before and can put up just as good a fight as Clinton if he goes to the general.

Welcome, friend. Are you feeling the Bern?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

SirKibbles posted:

He totally did . Hillary's position on that is stupid as hell

Somewhere in the Hillary Attack Coordination Station secret darknet forum, an admin is sighing and deleting "immigrants" from his list of attacks

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Rasta_Al posted:

How did so many Hillary supporters make it into the crowd tonight? Bernie's band couldn't break away from WoW raiding?
its pbs

old people

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

2DEG posted:

As an ex-Russian, gently caress Russia.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

triple sulk posted:

They're legitimately kinda hosed for the future and need to be transitioned to something else, even if it's helping to construct alternative energy sources like solar panels or something.

Vermont has a huge solar industry, that's actually causing pushback because the panels are "ugly", though probably not as ugly as a removed mountaintop.

Minsky
May 23, 2001

wow rules

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Pick posted:

Winners win.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Hillary is a good debater, but I feel she's hamstrung quite a bit by her ties to big industries, just as Bernie's a bit hamstrung by his devotion to making racial issues mostly economic issues. Both those weaknesses really weren't addressed well tonight.

They picked up a LOT as the night went on, they started off low energy and subdued, but about 20 minutes in things got rollicking and stayed that way.

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
These PBS idiots are the dumbest loving people, it's like they wrote their dialogue weeks ago

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

VR Native American posted:

Henry Kissinger not getting to the White House after that showing.

Hopefully he dies.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Rasta_Al posted:

How did so many Hillary supporters make it into the crowd tonight? Bernie's band couldn't break away from WoW raiding?

In both parties, the national party holds a lot of the audience tickets for the debates, and so the crowds are packed with establishment voters.

EDIT: HOT drat, SHIELDS AND BROOKS. This is getting me nostalgic for when I had a TV and watched the Newshour on PBS regularly.

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
Bernie Sanders didn't look great, but Clinton in the first part of the debate looked like she hardly had an overarching message. I hope this is a wake up call for her to fix this poo poo because I worry for the general election.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

Pick posted:

I don't know about that, Bernie's campaign has yet to doubt that Hillary was born in America.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Brannock posted:

As a Wisconsinite Hillary's closing statements were blatantly and nakedly opportunistic and I'm literally irl mad about it what the gently caress

Why? Your governor is a piece of poo poo

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

My line of the night was right near the beginning right after Bernie made his huge pitch to get a bitch on every dick and drop the People's Elbow on Wall Street Hillary ends her pitch with "If elected with your support I believe we will make.... progress."

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Nonsense posted:

Hopefully he is put on trial for war crimes and dies in prison.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Spatula City posted:

In both parties, the national party holds a lot of the audience tickets for the debates, and so the crowds are packed with establishment voters.

counterpoint: booing at hillary last debate

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Joementum posted:

Vermont has a huge solar industry, that's actually causing pushback because the panels are "ugly", though probably not as ugly as a removed mountaintop.

Easy, just rebuild mountain tops out of solar panels

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Maybe she'll stop attacking Sanders after this debate. There's no reason to do petty poo poo like that JFC

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Have PBS host every single debate from now on until November

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Fantastic debate for both of them really. I think longerm it will help Bernie LESS just because he needed Clinton to kinda fall apart really, but I think they both got fantastic soundbytes and a bunch of good press coming their way.

Oddly enough I thought it was a huge win for him, even though they both did well, because a big thing for a lot of people regarding him is "electability" and he needed to convince people he'd be a capable candidate in the general and I think he did that tonight in regards to debating, which was honestly one of his weaker areas previously. So improvement for Bernie, while it felt like Hillary only sort of held her ground.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

blue squares posted:

Have you not seen my posts

I loving despise Scott Walker

There is not a single person in the world I loathe more than that slackjawed puppet

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

blue squares posted:

Her criticisms felt like (ugh) pandering. Even if they're germane, it doesn't feel organic, it just feels coldly political.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Pander posted:

Hillary is a good debater, but I feel she's hamstrung quite a bit by her ties to big industries, just as Bernie's a bit hamstrung by his devotion to making racial issues mostly economic issues.

Class and economics are very important, but like I said earlier, without fixing a number of other issues there will still be systemic problems in minority (read: mostly black) communities. It's an unfortunate situation but much of it stems from how loving terrible the K-12 system is, particularly with inner city schools.

• Locked thread