Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
This is like when the starry purple forcefield shielded the music kingdom from Noisemaster's laser and some people insisted it must be Cosmo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

My favorite part of Cucumber Quest is what good gal pals Almond and Peridot are.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
I just want to point out how
is the Kirbiest thing in this entire comic, and that's impressive.

Sato
Apr 28, 2013

youcallthatatwist posted:

So who can come up with a good reason why she picked "Saturday" as an alter-ego? Do Azaleas have something to do with the calendar? Why did she add an outrageous souther accent?

I seriously can't believe nobody, me included, picked up on this plot twist, even though there was definitely foreshadowing. That's good storytelling. Although to be fair, Saturday and Azalea look nothing like each other.

A bit late, but apparently azaleas are quite common in the Southeast, so could explain Gigi's choice of the southern accent, if not Saturday's herself. Can't answer anything else.

I was sure Saturday was going to be the Flower Kingdom princess going into the chapter but when Azalea was revealed I dropped the theory (mainly because of the tattoos; I figured it was too much of a difference). It really was a fantastic twist.

I guess this means no more Saturday hijinks?

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Every character except for Cucumber is actually Cabbage in increasingly elaborate disguises.

I would unironically enjoy this.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

The april fool's where everyone was Bacon was clever foreshadowing!

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Sato posted:

I guess this means no more Saturday hijinks?

I'm sure she'll be back to steal that sword. The only princess that isn't a recurring character so far is Piano, and we still haven't heard the last from her (let's not forget the cast is holding a love letter from her for princess Ametrine).

Castomira
Feb 24, 2011

Fuck you Eva Marie, if you have to be right there next to all of my posts you don't even get to have red hair. You're a dryad now.
:froggonk:
Yup. Gigi's done a truly fantastic job of making every single princess an extremely likeable, engaging character. Hell, Azalea would have skirted by just on her character design, but her actually being Saturday throws her way over.

Castomira fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jan 30, 2016

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Tenebrais posted:

I'm sure she'll be back to steal that sword.

I'm pretty sure that the reason for the ominous staredown with Cucumber in the last page is because she's about to try to steal the sword right on the spot.

OmegaDimension
Feb 18, 2013
Maybe the reason Azalea was hoarding the sword, the last Disaster Stone, and the Disaster Stone-compatible wand is because she wants to go and defeat the Disaster Masters and the Nightmare Knight on her own. Whether she's motivated by a need for adventure like Almond or just wasn't aware that there were other heroes with the same goal around is another question entirely. She is a princess herself after all, so it would probably be easier for her to get the other princesses' signatures for the scabbard than Cucumber and friends.

It would also explain why she was disappointed when she thought the sword was fake. She's a princess, so it's not like she actually needs any of that gold or jewels and if she were a serious thief she wouldn't be concerned about the sword's authenticity, she could just trick some chump into buying it even if it were fake. The only value the sword truly has for her is its magical Nightmare Knight-defeating properties. The thief act is just an excuse for her to go undercover and search for Nightmare Knight-related artifacts.

Now that the sword is back in her hands and she has confirmation it's the real one, this will probably lead to the main conflict for the rest of the interlude. Azalea will probably try to steal the sword again and the gang will try to get it back for themselves. With the situation possibly culminating in her compromising with the heroes and joining the party or at least becoming an ally who has/can obtain information on what's going on in the other kingdoms.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
It feels like a fakeout to me. Like next strip is Cucu's assuming she's about to steal the sword, but then she just says "I don't want the planet getting destroyed any more than you do" and gives it back to him.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Personally, I'm really hoping she holds it for ransom.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I hope she murders him.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

In the event you guys REALLY wanted to know the Rosemaster boss fight music, there you have it.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Oh.

I thought that was Carrots

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

I hope someday Carrot can live up to being compared to Undyne

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

My favorite part of Cucumber Quest is what good gal pals Almond and Peridot are.

No question there; my favourite page is still Peridot losing it when it turned out Rosemaster's Retcon spell made Almond forget about her.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

graybook posted:

IT'S ME CUCO

IT'S ME CUCO

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, CUCO

YOU ALL FORGOT IT

YOU ALL FORGOT IT, HOOK, LINE, AND SINKER, YOU ALL FORGOT IT

EVEN MY FAMILY

EVEN MY IMMEDIATE FAMILY FORGOT IT

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Never stop.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Almost 2 week spent desperately combing her fanbase for fantheories to use to justify this ridiculous "azalea" saturday twist
either that or so many panels she has to retroactively add azalea's skin condition / john's arm into :colbert:

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

What's there to change? It's all covered up.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Kassad posted:

What's there to change? It's all covered up.

But why would a famous person cover up their most distinguishing characteristics when committing crimes? That doesn't make any sense!?!

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Cryophage, you're a treasure. :allears:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
You know I'd completely forgotten Saturday wears full-arm gloves?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Renaissance Robot posted:

You know I'd completely forgotten Saturday wears full-arm gloves?

When was the last time we even saw them as Saturday, etc?

Publication time I mean. Got to be a few years at least?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Well, Chapter 3 started in the middle of 2014 so...

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-720/

Well, gently caress.

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-721/

OH gently caress.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
Please be Captain Caboodle.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Ahem

TwoPair posted:

I'm pretty sure that the reason for the ominous staredown with Cucumber in the last page is because she's about to try to steal the sword right on the spot.

CALLED IT MOFOS :smugbert:

Anyway the mystery man is totally Cabbage.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The heroes have to get to a new place between chapters, who do you think it is?

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
PLEASE BE CAPTAIN CABOODLE

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
What actually happened to Caboodle, he just disappeared and nobody noticed.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Please let it be Peridot

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I'm hoping for Cabbage, because nothing's less dignified than getting a ride from your parents while going on an adventure.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
I hope it's the sun!

Seriously, that little ball is cute...

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
It's obviously Cosmo.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Cat Mattress posted:

It's obviously Cosmo.

Didn't GM tell them not to do that?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Only Cabbage could produce such a reaction from Almond and Cuco

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

I don't know, Almond never has that reaction to Cabbage. Only Cucumber does.

It's probably Cosmo.

Nah, scratch that. It's almost definitely Cabbage. Who else calls them "kids?"

Malpais Legate fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Feb 12, 2016

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Zanzibar Ham posted:

I'm hoping for Cabbage, because nothing's less dignified than getting a ride from your parents while going on an adventure.

He'll offer them a ride on a Scooty-Puff Jr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
It's Cabbage, or may I have a red text avatar.