Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

if he loses im gonna be mad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Yeah, I'm going to be upset if he gets worf'ed.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
he's definitely gonna lose

AshB
Sep 16, 2007
The only reason to have this shokugeki now with Kurokiba of all people is to build up this new threat. I can't see him winning this.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Compendium posted:

Siccing the wild dog onto the mooks, I am okay with this.

:agreed:

Also Akuma is pretty level headed.

e:

Davincie posted:

That av/post combo...

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
People other than Souma need victories tbh

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Davincie posted:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Davincie posted:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Alice still the best.

Also:

Davincie posted:

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
drat, Kurokiba is gonna lose now for sure. :(

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

AshB posted:

The only reason to have this shokugeki now with Kurokiba of all people is to build up this new threat. I can't see him winning this.

He's going to win because tattoo man is a loser who isn't worth bothering with. Like, if he was up against a member of the Elite 10, then sure. But this dude is ticking off all the boxes of just being an arrogant shitheel who is inevitably going to be humiliated.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I hope tattoo guy doesn't win if only because the elite 10 are already good enough as a boss squad, we don't need a mid-boss squad cluttering up the place and extending the arc unnecessarily.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

blizzardvizard posted:

I hope tattoo guy doesn't win if only because the elite 10 are already good enough as a boss squad, we don't need a mid-boss squad cluttering up the place and extending the arc unnecessarily.

Don't fool yourself, we definitely have to work through some mid-bosses here because the elite 10 are clearly shown to be more than the heroes can handle - Souma beat Eizan because Eizan napped through half the recipe

I definitely hope Kurokiba annihilates this guy though

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

blizzardvizard posted:

Whether we need them or not it's what we're getting. Kurokiba's going down, the only question is whether the score is 2-1 or 3-0.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Kurokiba tied with Soma in the Fall tournament and Soma recently beat an actual ranked member of the Elite 10. Also, tattoo man has been shown to be the most pathetic of team mid-boss so his defeat won't really make the rest seem weak. So why is everyone so quick to assume that he's going to lose?

Edit: Kurokiba is basically the second best chef among the first years, it's not like he's a character that is destined to lose. I'd rather put money on Ikumi taking a loss whenever she gets her match, because she's way more disposable.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Besides, the mooks already got their creds by beating a bunch of no names who won't ever show up again in a meaningful way.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Davincie posted:

I hope he loses so Alice will be insanely motivated to kick all their asses.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Sextro posted:

Why are there mangastream ads for home mortgage refinancing. Does the average manga reader own a home now?

Probably includes instructions on how to convince your aging mother to refinance her home from their basement.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Sextro posted:

Why are there mangastream ads for home mortgage refinancing. Does the average manga reader own a home now?

Same reason why there were tons of car insurance commercials on kids channels?

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

K. Flaps posted:

I hope he loses so Alice will be insanely motivated to kick all their asses.

Yeah I was hoping Alice was going to fight, but I guess that's probably going to come up later. I think this could go either way, they do need to show Central beating an actual established chef, but it also makes sense for Central (and this guy in particular) to lose a match to show that they're not invincible, or at least establish the remaining Elite Ten members as the true final bosses. I feel like Alice also has a cloud of doom over her head because having her humiliated or otherwise harmed by Central is an easy way for Erina to insert herself into the fray, maybe by doing something crazy like gaining entry into literally every research society so she can fight for them as much as is reasonably possible. That seems like a loophole one of our heroes should take advantage of, anyway, but then again maybe there's a limit to how many you can be in.

Alice cooking sessions are the best though, I want to see her science the hell out of some food again.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm curious about the future Shokugekis. For some reason I was convinced Shokugekis could be three on three so I was thinking if Kurokiba loses we might have Souma, Alice and Kurokiba vs Central. Or in the later matches vs the Elite Ten it'd be a team of Souma, Issiki and Takumi going against them.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

RareAcumen posted:

I'm curious about the future Shokugekis. For some reason I was convinced Shokugekis could be three on three so I was thinking if Kurokiba loses we might have Souma, Alice and Kurokiba vs Central. Or in the later matches vs the Elite Ten it'd be a team of Souma, Issiki and Takumi going against them.

I'm sure it will end up happening at some point that they have to do a full course meal where one guy makes each part of the dish.

I'm wondering how many chapters its going to take before we can get rid of Sadface Erina. It's incredibly obvious that at some point she'll just stand up to her father and fight back, but who knows how long that's gonna take.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
She is the Rukia of this arc

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

QQmore posted:

Tribal tattoo :barf:

I will never understand why so many anime/manga characters have those tattoos on their face and they're supposed to look cool/badass. Like, if you imagine how one of those tattoos would look in real life it's just hilarious. That enemy from Hitman Reborn with the angel wings had a similar dumb face tattoo.

My favorite part about that sort of tattoo is that I can't imagine any reason for the guy getting it other than "man I bet this will make me look so badass." Like I imagine the character going into the tattoo parlor all like "how about a badass tribal tattoo under my right eye heh" and that tattoo artist internally rolling their eyes.

edit: I love how in this new chapter Takumi said exactly the same thing I would have wanted to say to "dumb tribal tattoo" guy. Usually protagonists are't willing to just relentlessly mock dumb enemies.

I really hope Aldini wins in his next match, since he lost in his last one and I really like his character. Normally I'm not a big fan of characters like him (and normally characters like him become "Yamchas" after the first arc they show up in), but I really like something about his general personality.

I also hope that Ryou fucks this guy up in this shokugeki. Either this match will be used to show that these Central "elites" are a serious threat, or it will be used to show the rest of the Central people that the freshmen are a threat they need to take seriously. If I had to guess, I'd say that Ryou will probably win this.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Feb 15, 2016

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Compendium posted:

She is the Rukia of this arc

It has been a while since I've seen anything Bleach related so I may be wrong here. Didn't Rukia have likeable traits to her though?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

RareAcumen posted:

It has been a while since I've seen anything Bleach related so I may be wrong here. Didn't Rukia have likeable traits to her though?

Yeah that was the problem, Tite demolished her entire character and made her just a damsel in distress.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Eej posted:

Yeah that was the problem, Tite demolished her entire character and made her just a damsel in distress.

Okay, so Rukia actually was a likable character who got delegated after making the main character able to fight. I remember her being brought into the Soul Society [terrible acronym choice there] on crimes or something and then just sitting in a locked room for like 40 episodes.

Anyway, Erina's not as likable as this character I barely remember so no loss if she just stays off on the fringes of relevance like those two dudes who constantly trash Marui's room.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

RareAcumen posted:

Okay, so Rukia actually was a likable character who got delegated after making the main character able to fight. I remember her being brought into the Soul Society [terrible acronym choice there] on crimes or something and then just sitting in a locked room for like 40 episodes.

When a female character sits and does nothing except angst, I tend to call them Rukias because that's exactly what I remember her doing during the Soul Society Arc. loving nothing.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Compendium posted:

When a female character sits and does nothing except angst, I tend to call them Rukias because that's exactly what I remember her doing during the Soul Society Arc. loving nothing.

All I can remember about Rukia is that she's the reason the MC has his powers, slept in his closet, and had big red manacles for a while. Oh, and she was a terrible artist too.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Rukia showed up once in the last 200 chapters, showed off an important new power, and then disappeared.

Bleach is and has been just one gigantic ongoing fight between two giant armies with everyone getting their very own fight. I don't think Ichigo has even done anything relevant in a year or two.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Are they still on the boat fighting Aizen?

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

Are they still on the boat fighting Aizen?

they beat aizen like 6 years ago, now they're fighting nazis in heaven

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Angry Grimace posted:

Rukia showed up once in the last 200 chapters, showed off an important new power, and then disappeared.

To be fair, the same could be said of every character in Bleach.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

dordreff posted:

they beat aizen like 6 years ago, now they're fighting nazis in heaven

Wow, I lost track of Bleach a lot longer than I thought. I'm more informed about Naruto compared to it!

:smith:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I choose to just remember the good times in Bleach (everything before Soul Society and the beginning of Hueco Mundo and that's it).

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I choose to remember One Piece.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Chapter's up

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
Kurokiba giving off serious Suwabara vibes this chapter.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

He's gonna lose and I'm gonna be so mad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I really hope having this be with Kurokiba's specialty is just trying to make folks feel like he really is about to job (and then he doesn't) instead of just piling more poo poo on for a worfing.