Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

1500quidporsche posted:

I mean, I understand that despite we're number one or two in every segment we're in across the board were always going to "just miss" the "Key Performance Indicators" that determines our bonuses. I just wish it was slightly less cynical than pulling up the email from last year and changing 2014 to 2015, then sending it out.

But dont worry, the CEO will get a big payrise!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Darchangel posted:

Sonic Electronics has the Polk db651s for $65.
I'm not sure what you consider "good", but they have Rockford Fosgate PRIME R165-S components for $65.
JBL GTO608C for $71.
Infinity Reference 6030cs for $107.

Huh. When did Precision Power become a budget brand? I remember when they were high end, at least for amps.
Oh, wow, Soundstream, too?
Is Hifonics any good any more? seems like half the brnads from when I was into Car Sereo in the '90s are budget (probably Chinese) brands now

I was shocked when I saw that with PP and Streamstream too. Maxxsonics owns Hifonics (along with Crunch, MB Quart, and Autotek), so I'd look at it as a budget brand now. I haven't had any complaints about my Crunch amp, but I know it's made in China, and know it doesn't put out anywhere remotely close to what it claims.

I actually got the non-shallow version of those Polks (DB651) nevermind I ordered the DXi651. It was :10bux: more through Crutchfield, but that's with shipping and with the adapter pigtails, and they don't charge sales tax in TX. Amazon only stocks the marine version and the shallow version, so that was out (plus they charge sales tax, which would have brought it up a bit more). I'd forgotten about Sonic, I'll probably do my next order through them. When I order components I plan to get something a bit higher end than the Reference or Prime line; I like how Infinitys sound, wasn't real happy with my last set of Fosgate speakers.

Thankfully I don't need a mounting kit for the speakers, and even the non-shallow speakers will fit - though I will need to drill a couple of holes since GM is a special snowflake with their mounting pattern. My sub is also a Polk (DXi 12", single voice coil), I've been very happy with it. It's held up to a shitload of abuse and just keeps on pounding.

meatpimp posted:

Now that I have some quiet time in the car, I find myself listening to NPR. It's weird.

I listen to my share of NPR, though it's often either via podcast or at home.

Cakefool posted:

Difference being you work from yours. If I had to do your work I'd buy an auto diesel S80 first day. So goddamned comfortable. Acceptable economy.

Volvo doesn't sell any passenger cars with a diesel here. Even if they did, I'd still prefer a manual.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Feb 12, 2016

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Maybe I am stupid when it comes to podcasts, but I know Steve Lehto does some decent pod casts, but when I search for it, I get nothing.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Maybe I am stupid when it comes to podcasts, but I know Steve Lehto does some decent pod casts, but when I search for it, I get nothing.

Did you try his website?

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Of course, you know I went there first :doh:.

I just went to podcasts on my iPhone menu and just searched from there.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Of course, you know I went there first :doh:.

I just went to podcasts on my iPhone menu and just searched from there.

The native podcast app kind of sucks IMO. Try Downcast.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

i wanna thank ptc makers of mathcad for the neat instant self closing feature that activates when you save a document

i didnt need that 45 minutes of work anyway

E: attempt to save, i meant to say

Fender Anarchist fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Feb 12, 2016

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

I got to watch a cyclist get nailed by a cop with a laser this morning for speeding and overtaking me on a solid white line.

I giggled.

Wonder what kind of penalty he cops?

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Ferremit posted:

I got to watch a cyclist get nailed by a cop with a laser this morning for speeding and overtaking me on a solid white line.

I giggled.

Wonder what kind of penalty he cops?
He gets to frame that ticket. Getting a speeding ticket on a bike is my dream.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

You know it's a good movie when the entire loving theater claps and laughs their asses off. :allears: Repeatedly.

Just got home from seeing Deadpool. loving awesome.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

mm whiskey you wash away the hurt of "programming" in mathcad with the clunkiest interface ive ever encoutnerde

this modeling methods class is brutal

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

nm posted:

Same.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

nm posted:

I got busted at 72 in a 50 zone. The cop said he wasn't going to ticket because "No one is gonna believe that for a second"

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

nm posted:

I have that dream too.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I got popped last year in my car going 54 in a 30. Beat the ticket cuz the speed limit sign was covered by a tree. They trimmed it a week later.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Oh my, he crossed a solid white line and was speeding a little bit? what a menace.

Yesterday I found a really awesome road, and it had a 25mph speed limit. I saw 40 a few times, and looked down to see 25 exiting a corner marked 10mph. On a bicycle.

I think I was even speeding before I stopped to take this picture.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

some texas redneck posted:

Volvo doesn't sell any passenger cars with a diesel here. Even if they did, I'd still prefer a manual.

I know, and it's a shame as the D5 engine is the dogs bollocks. And I'd only have an auto for work if I had a driving job, keep the manual for fun.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Well, my main issue with an automatic for work is I sit in traffic... a lot. I can modulate a clutch and time my shifts to where clutch wear is pretty minimal, whereas an automatic is going to be shifting between 1 and 2 constantly when I'm in traffic.

I mean yeah, my left leg is about double the size of my right leg from all the clutch work....

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I got busted at 72 in a 50 zone. The cop said he wasn't going to ticket because "No one is gonna believe that for a second"

OFFICER YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND, YOU NEED TO GIVE ME A TICKET FOR THIS.

Our traffic cameras don't seem to flash for cycles sadly, there's been a few times I've been over the limit past one. :(

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

mariooncrack posted:

Texas goons, I may be going to Houston next month. Are there any restaurants to check out? I don't know where I'll be staying but I'll be working at the MD Anderson hospital.

http://www.tasteoftexas.com/visit-us/

A local recommended this restaurant to me last time I was there and it was out loving standing. Not sure if other locals would agree but I ate so much I felt like I couldn't bend to sit in the car afterwards.

Says it's 16 miles or 25 minutes away, I'd say it's worth the drive.

LloydDobler fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Feb 12, 2016

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde
Back in Victoria, finally. Dear god is 550 miles tedious at 70mph in a Fiesta ST.

so much road noise

88h88 posted:

Our traffic cameras don't seem to flash for cycles sadly, there's been a few times I've been over the limit past one. :(

That makes sense, though. You don't have a numberplate. How would it work out who you are & where to send the ticket?

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

literally a fish posted:

You don't have a numberplate. How would it work out who you are & where to send the ticket?

How would it know that you don't have any identifiable details when it makes the decision based on whether or not to take the picture based upon radar or induction information.

The only speed camera systems which require a number plate are those used for average speed enforcement, as a reference needs to be used by multiple cameras to calculate travel time.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

So... Deadpool. Worth it for the Stan Lee cameo alone.

I wont give it 10 for being perfect because it's not. It gets 10 for loving nailing Deadpool as a character and absolutly exceeding expectations on a clearly limited budget. Any problems Deadpool has really come down to Fox didnt give em enough cash - but the movie is self aware of that and turns it into a great running gag. That self awareness and willingness to even draw attention to it's own flaws was perfectly done. It earns the R-Rating big time and it looks like they cut a few things that were too harsh even for that. Again, referenced and turned into a gag. It's got about as much fat on it as Ryan Reynold's abs - very fast paced and to be honest could have done with another 10 minutes. Credits are hysterical, stick around to the end of them.

And holy poo poo, it's hilarious. Absolute machine gun it just never lets up hysterical.

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

How would it know that you don't have any identifiable details when it makes the decision based on whether or not to take the picture based upon radar or induction information.

The only speed camera systems which require a number plate are those used for average speed enforcement, as a reference needs to be used by multiple cameras to calculate travel time.

My apologies, I thought it was implied that the camera knew cyclists were cyclists due to either smaller radar signature, smaller/nonexistent induction currents, or lack of reflectivity (for LIDAR)

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
edit: nothing to see here

Pomp and Circumcized fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Feb 12, 2016

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011

some texas redneck posted:

I mean yeah, my left leg is about double the size of my right leg from all the clutch work....

And your right arm is double the size of your left from all the shifting too I suppose...

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

88h88 posted:

I got pulled over in college for 45 in a 25 on my downhill bike. My defense "it's a bicycle". I was too poor to afford a ticket, and the cop didn't give me one. I kinda wish I had gotten one so I could have gone to court for it.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

My dad once got a speeding ticket in a Fiat 600, with 5 people and luggage for 14 days in it.

He still has that ticket, framed and everything.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

So... Deadpool. Worth it for the Stan Lee cameo alone.

I wont give it 10 for being perfect because it's not. It gets 10 for loving nailing Deadpool as a character and absolutly exceeding expectations on a clearly limited budget. Any problems Deadpool has really come down to Fox didnt give em enough cash - but the movie is self aware of that and turns it into a great running gag. That self awareness and willingness to even draw attention to it's own flaws was perfectly done. It earns the R-Rating big time and it looks like they cut a few things that were too harsh even for that. Again, referenced and turned into a gag. It's got about as much fat on it as Ryan Reynold's abs - very fast paced and to be honest could have done with another 10 minutes. Credits are hysterical, stick around to the end of them.

And holy poo poo, it's hilarious. Absolute machine gun it just never lets up hysterical.
Seeing it tonight. Looks like a lot of fun.

As a first date. :shrug:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

It earns the R-Rating big time and it looks like they cut a few things that were too harsh even for that.

That's kind of too bad because my son really wants to see it. He's gonna be pissed when we leave him with grandma :(

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

88h88 posted:

I'd just ask for a written warning so I could frame it. :v:

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

I hate when people think their car can goes as fast as the speedi says. No your '95 Altima can't go 160MPH.

Got all the paperwork in the mail today for my dream job again. So excited. Thank you goons for making fun of me and helping me stop smoking the devil's lettuce.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Got all the paperwork in the mail today for my dream job again. So excited. Thank you goons for making fun of me and helping me stop smoking the devil's lettuce.

Just don't gently caress it up this time.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I hate when people think their car can goes as fast as the speedi says. No your '95 Altima can't go 160MPH.

My speedo maxes out at 140, it'll do 137 (indicated). :smug:

V lmao V

Fender Anarchist fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Feb 12, 2016

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

meatpimp posted:

Just don't gently caress it up this time.

Less than two weeks ago...

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

:cheers:

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

mariooncrack posted:

Texas goons, I may be going to Houston next month. Are there any restaurants to check out? I don't know where I'll be staying but I'll be working at the MD Anderson hospital.

Ask here, in the Houston thread

I live in this shithole, but nowhere near the Med Center. I will say that you will never, ever, hurt for food options in Houston. Everyone is fat as poo poo for a reason.

/\ /\ Kratom? WTF is half that poo poo he's talking about? Drugs are weird.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

drat, dude.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Mitragyna speciosa also known as ketum,kratom and kratumum,[2] is a tropical deciduous and evergreen tree in the coffee family (Rubiaceae) native to Southeast Asia in the Indochina and Malaysia floristic regions.

Kratom behaves as a μ-opioid receptor agonist like morphine[5] and is used in the management of chronic pain, as well as recreationally.[6] Kratom use is not detected by typical drug screening tests, but its metabolites can be detected by more specialized testing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Maybe just don't do a drug.

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Does this show up on piss tests?

• Locked thread