Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xyretire
May 22, 2003
Lickin' the Gun.

SaffronKit posted:

Imagine a world where you're the only champ in the game who gets the melee version of Grasp as a ranged attack. That is GP's world, and it's a pretty great one.

This is the same world where you're the only champ in the game who gets the melee version of Bandit as a ranged attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Gangplank is basically what people think Nasus is - a farming machine with a ridiculous lategame.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Methanar posted:

If your name is shen trundle gp poppy mao malphite darius nasus yasuo or mundo take grasp of the undying. Otherwise thunderlords.

grasp of the undying on yasuo sounds both uncool, and not good

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

ungulateman posted:

grasp of the undying on yasuo sounds both uncool, and not good

Yeah why would you take that and not Warlord's considering you'll be building shitloads of crit an AA'ing nonstop?

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Yeah why would you take that and not Warlord's considering you'll be building shitloads of crit an AA'ing nonstop?

Because it helps you not be rear end in the earlygame, presumably.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Gridlocked posted:

I seriously don't get Kalista for poo poo.

It is a torture to try to learn her too. I'm used to Ez at the moment and I can't last hit for poo poo on her. Annnnd it feels like I deal no damage in trades, annnd if anyone gets aggressive at me I die because no escapes. Annnd I'm basically useless until I can get a Hurricane/BOTRK

Can someone who plays her tell me how to loving do it? It's driving me up the wall but I refuse to give up.
She's very mechanically intensive and you're probably not a great enough player to position her well. There's just some champions that are like that, Azir is another. You CAN play them without being great but you're usually much better off trying someone else.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!

Alris posted:

How does one Jhin?

Repeating in the hope that one can tell me how to get good.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

RealFoxy posted:

She's very mechanically intensive and you're probably not a great enough player to position her well. There's just some champions that are like that, Azir is another. You CAN play them without being great but you're usually much better off trying someone else.

I am coming to this conclusion. A friend and I had high hopes of playing the Kalista/Hard Engage Support duo in ranked and climbing a division or two from it; but it just doesn't seem to be coming together.

I think I will be better off sticking with Ez and MF as my ADC's and abusing Volibear/Xin in the jungle with my duo partner doing roughly the same but with a mid lane over ADC.

Tellaris
Dec 23, 2005

Cat On Rope Entertainment: Random comments since 2004

Alris posted:

From my experience as a super amazing silver 3 ( :lol: ) the name of the game with Jhin is being carefully aggressive. Since he has no good escape, if you over-extend, he is fully dependent on his support to not die a death. He is like Jax with an even worse early game and a possibly even more snowbally late game. Once he gets his kit he is an unstoppable monstrosity, but until then he is super squishy. Pairs amazingly with high-aggression supports like Karma (Personal favorite), Alistar, and anyone else who has good initiate and good disengage.

I tend to find he can be a pain to CS with what with the longish reload, so you either grenade and push your lane or just accept that you are probably going to lose some cs here and there due to the reload time. His w is amazing for catching an enemy in one of his traps or when your support is going full ham. His ult is also a low-elo nightmare, and most people are idiots and won't back before you hit 6, meaning you are almost guaranteed at least one kill. His ult is also great for contributing to a gank or teamfight while also being safe before you reach endgame, "Infinite kite and health" mode.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Gridlocked posted:

I am coming to this conclusion. A friend and I had high hopes of playing the Kalista/Hard Engage Support duo in ranked and climbing a division or two from it; but it just doesn't seem to be coming together.

I think I will be better off sticking with Ez and MF as my ADC's and abusing Volibear/Xin in the jungle with my duo partner doing roughly the same but with a mid lane over ADC.
Graves/Corki/Quinn are still really powerful right now and not as reliant on skillshots as Ezreal is, and they're all a little more mobile than MF.

If you want a good hard engage lane, try Nautilus/Corki, they're never going to be winning trades.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Alris posted:

Pick corki instead.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Transient People posted:

Because it helps you not be rear end in the earlygame, presumably.

I haven't played Yasuo in about a year, but if I remember aren't his early levels, like 1-4, extremely strong?

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Tequila Sunrise posted:

I haven't played Yasuo in about a year, but if I remember aren't his early levels, like 1-4, extremely strong?
No they're atrocious

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Someone will figure out a really cool use for Jhin eventually but it's probably not going to be in the meta where the strongest champions can obliterate a character with no escapes

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!

Methanar posted:

Pick corki instead.

But I do not want to play Corki. He has stupid facial hair.

Why would I play a character with stupid facial hair when I could play an Artist of Death™

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

RealFoxy posted:

Someone will figure out a really cool use for Jhin eventually but it's probably not going to be in the meta where the strongest champions can obliterate a character with no escapes
At the very least he needs to not spend ammo killing wards. Also his passive really needs to work on turrets; you don't even get the speed boost from the last bullet, let alone the bonus damage.

He's probably too immobile to ever see competitive play but I think he could be fine for the rest of us with a few tweaks.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Not that I am particularly well versed in him, but Yasuo's earlygame is bad because:

1) His shield value is butt and he has no increased MS to charge it faster

2) His Q cooldown scales really heavily on AS, so it's long enough at low levels that whiffing a single one means no tornado

3) No crit until at least first back

4) You're melee in a lane populated by mostly mages
4a) Your dash has a bit of a delay between uses at low ranks so gapclosing on said mages is slower and more predictable, making you much more vulnerable to aimed CC
4b) Windwall is like 30 seconds

5) A huge amount of his damage potential comes from the armor shred on his ult, as well as how much crits ramp up damage with his passive

That's not to say he doesn't have some good lane matchups, but for the most part he isn't great until you come back with Shiv and start rolling dudes.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

So I remember playing him in like last 2014, when he was crazy OP, and I would just style on people for the first few levels. I haven't really played him ever since then. I remember a while ago I went top lane and got smoked by a Vlad level 3 and just thought I was crazy bad.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I've learned the hard way that laning a melee against Vlad is just never a thing to do for any reason. It's certainly not just Yasuo.

I'm pretty sure he took a huge hit to his low level shield value and that was the biggest thing, now he's too squishy to dunk on most people.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

RealFoxy posted:

Graves/Corki/Quinn are still really powerful right now and not as reliant on skillshots as Ezreal is, and they're all a little more mobile than MF.

If you want a good hard engage lane, try Nautilus/Corki, they're never going to be winning trades.

I haven't played Ez in ranked yet but I have a 60%ish win rate with him after 30+ matches; so I am fairly happy with him.

I will give Corki and/or Quinn a go as you suggest.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

I decided to reinstall this terrible game instead of playing other things.

I'll probably figure out most things as I just go to solomid or op.gg and search for a champion guide or "pros played this build!!" but can someone give me a rundown of how the jungling and supporting changed since mid S5?

Did the jungle items change much? Did support items?

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Corki is broken. Play Corki in mid or ADC whenever you can.

Standard thunderlords masteries/ADC page, and Triforce -> Sorc shoes -> Essence Reaver -> IE -> Mercurial Scimitar -> BT/Sterak's/RFC/Banshee's depending on flow of game.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Well I hit 30 and have been getting kicked to the curb by ranked, but I have been playing a lot of Xin lately, so the buff may make things better...

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
Can anyone do some Shaco bullshit and put vids of it up

I want to feel their anger

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Alris posted:

wait for him to get buffed

apparently that kog change is what he needed to not be lovely so as soon as I get back onto a hard connection instead of wifi im gonna be owning it up with the 'maw

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I finally built a gaming PC but for some reason League is locked at 60 FPS. I can drop everything down to minimum garbage quality and it still sits at 60 FPS. Am I being punished for being on Windows 10? I checked my graphics card profiles and it's not trying to lock the FPS or anything, and the setting has it unlimited in the client too.

:confused:

voodoo dog
Jun 6, 2001

Gun Saliva

rabidsquid posted:

I finally built a gaming PC but for some reason League is locked at 60 FPS. I can drop everything down to minimum garbage quality and it still sits at 60 FPS. Am I being punished for being on Windows 10? I checked my graphics card profiles and it's not trying to lock the FPS or anything, and the setting has it unlimited in the client too.

:confused:
I'm on Windows 10 with a computer that is a few years old and I'm getting far more than 60 fps... For some reason V-Sync must still be on, but if you have checked the settings, I have no idea. :(

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Make sure VSYNC is off both in game and through your gpu settings. The way to check this with nvidia is to open up the nvidia control panel and go to Manage 3D Settings, and scroll down to Vertical Sync and check either "Off" or "Use application setting"

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Okay yeah it was on in my gpu, thanks dudes.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Methanar posted:

If your name is shen trundle gp poppy mao malphite darius nasus yasuo or mundo take grasp of the undying. Otherwise thunderlords.

Fiora should run Fervor IMO. I always all-in at 1 or 2 as Fiora and Fervor destroys Thunderlords for that

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007

Alris posted:

you need to lane with a support who can easily set up your snare, e.g. Thresh, Nami, Nautilus, Janna. I don't like laning with Alistar because your reload mechanic means that unless you're in voice chat together, there is a good chance that he will combo in on them when you only have 1 or 2 bullets left, meaning your window of harass is basically wasted as you sit there scratching your rear end reloading your gun and Alistar is dying to the enemy duo lane. you want to keep poking at them in lane when you can but you rarely want to take all ins because if they turn on you you're going to end up blowing your summoners then being vulnerable to the enemy jungler for the next 5 minutes. kiting the enemy duo in to chasing you back to their tower is usually the way you get kills with the SURPRISE, I DO DAMAGE last bullet.

unless you somehow get super fed in lane, your mid-game is going to be standing way in the back of any team fights that happen, plinking enemies with W to root them and hoping beyond all hope that the enemy doesn't just stick their tankiest member in front of low health targets when you use your ult.

when you get to late game you can pretty safely start doing the ADC shuffle of being in and out of team fights, except you're likely to vacuum up a load of kills on champions who look like they shouldn't be dying to one auto attack and yet they are. this is the fantasy and a lot of games probably won't reach this point, but savour them when they do.

honestly Jhin has so many problems and is Not Good but he's also the most fun champion I have played in well over a year. if you care about winning then play an actual good ADC like Lucian or Corki, but if you want to have fun then I think Jhin is pretty high up on that list (as long as your idea of fun allocates a significant amount of time staring at the death screen)

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i usually win when i have a jhin on my team, but that hero is pretty much only good when you play to get pickoffs and not teamfight. the majority of my games are on ahri and elise this season they're pretty free wins because either i can set him up or he can set me up.

he cant teamfight well and he cant lane well without certain heroes that can set him up. hes basically useless but whoever gets the picks midgame usually ends up winning. i think this is the only reason he isn't sub 40% winrate.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Luna Was Here posted:

wait for him to get buffed

apparently that kog change is what he needed to not be lovely so as soon as I get back onto a hard connection instead of wifi im gonna be owning it up with the 'maw

I had actually been playing him for the hell of it a touch before the buff and I feel more effective than when I play something more standard but I can't really put my finger on it.

I'm still kicking around items and it's kind of puzzling what you want. Hurricane now has crit, is pretty cost effective and gets you 7% movespeed just by having it. TF is fuckoff expensive, does give you 10% now, but the sheen proc is less useful. So far BoRK hurricane (IE/ER) are my first three but it feels kind of awkward because I kind of don't care about the actual unique passive on hurricane most of the time and BoRK is a hell of a first item in its current state but I feel like it still is a must on Kog.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

A Stupid Baby posted:

I had actually been playing him for the hell of it a touch before the buff and I feel more effective than when I play something more standard but I can't really put my finger on it.

I'm still kicking around items and it's kind of puzzling what you want. Hurricane now has crit, is pretty cost effective and gets you 7% movespeed just by having it. TF is fuckoff expensive, does give you 10% now, but the sheen proc is less useful. So far BoRK hurricane (IE/ER) are my first three but it feels kind of awkward because I kind of don't care about the actual unique passive on hurricane most of the time and BoRK is a hell of a first item in its current state but I feel like it still is a must on Kog.

I've gone mid with him and getting rageblade hurricane bork/merc merc/bork fill. good fill items are bloodthirster ie nashors wits depending. wits is really situational.

what you can't put your finger on is that he actually does good damage early now and he scales really well like a kogmaw should. rageblade and hurricane let you farm really really fast and move around the map doing stuff. his objective control is insane, and if you do end up with a mercurial bork bloodthirster when your w is going you are not easy to kill since you can purge a stun and keep lifestealing.

e: i realize you meant playing him before the buff, his w is a huge steroid that some people don't understand that it makes you over two kogmaws big, and makes trades and fights easy when you have it. qew some dude and they don't know why a dog reindeer is puking on them repeatedly and killing them

Voxx fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Feb 12, 2016

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
This isn't hard people.
Take thunderlords if your character is built around blowing someone up in one combo.
Take grasp of the undying if your character is built around lasting awhile in a fight.
Take fervor if your character is all about the attack speed items.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Also take thunderlord on Kennen because he is made of lightening

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Urgot ult getting an aoe fear.

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

"Quoting, like smoking, is a dirty habit to which I am devoted."

Look out boys, Jhin's going to be first ban status with that WHOPPING regen buff.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Azzents posted:

Look out boys, Jhin's going to be first ban status with that WHOPPING regen buff.

5 movement speed. Slow the gently caress down Riot, wouldn't want to break the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Methanar posted:

For jungling you should 99% always take strength of the ages.

Just popping in to say that I agree with this advice.

edit:

PBE posted:

Shen
Shadow Dash (E) can now be used on neutral monsters!

This seems like a huge buff to jungle Shen to me.

• Locked thread