Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo

ihave had Yakuza and Yakuza 2 for years but have yet to try them. if they're good i'll surely get Yakuza One (the third Yakuza game) and Y4kuza at some point as well.

(:lol: i'll probably die before i get around to playing any more ps2 games)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie

monster rancher is the only ps2 game anyone needs.

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack

Lizard Wizard posted:

monster rancher is the only ps2 game anyone needs.

It's a good game that I miss.

----------------

3D Megadoodoo

i have monster hunter 3 tri on the wii that's probably pretty much the same game since it's got monster and er right?

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Unless you can summon a sick rear end monster from your brand new offspring cd I don't think it is buddy.

----------------

3D Megadoodoo

drilldo squirt posted:

Unless you can summon a sick rear end monster from your brand new offspring cd I don't think it is buddy.

I don't know I haven't tied.

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN
i discovered there's a virtual console shop on the 3ds and they're selling old game boy games for like $6 each and it's kinda funny to me but it's cool you can buy 3ds games without leaving your house.

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

:siren: I finally got Tubbs to show up, took a picture, and then replaced the food, after which he promptly disappeared. :mad:

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

Moola
I lost my first XCOM 2 campaign

shits hard

ScrubLeague

Chill la Chill posted:

:siren: I finally got Tubbs to show up, took a picture, and then replaced the food, after which he promptly disappeared. :mad:

Tubbs wants what he wants.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

I hope Tubbs gets lodged between some fence posts for real :mad:

ScrubLeague

Dude not cool

----------------

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

Yeah you're right that's p messed up. I just hope Tubbs gets some time to think about what he's done before coming back. I will be using normal kitty food and not sashimi, which attracted him in the first place, for a while.

ScrubLeague

The 3-pack of sashimi almost always returns a profit, Tubbs or not.

----------------

Scaly Haylie

origin is giving away need for speed: most wanted. is it any good?

Shaquin

Lizard Wizard posted:

If you like arcade race game ya especially for free but it's all been downhill since underground imo

3D Megadoodoo

as far as i remember the new(er) Need for Speedo: Most Wanted doesn't have local multi-player which BITES but otherwise it's cool.

Scaly Haylie

ScrubLeague

Lizard Wizard posted:

Under $10 is the right price for that game. It's OK but like the other guy almost said right they haven't been good since Carbon.

----------------

9hotonic

(after hearing the library has games , i arrive at the front desk, disguised as a non-gamer)

"er.. im here for some.. book's"

Lizard Wizard posted:

what are some games you like? we can't help you without having some idea of your tastes.

that's true i should have said some sorry

i really enjoy roguelikes like binding of isaac and also any game similar to earthbound (i've played undertale already) does anyone know games like those?

ScrubLeague

Necrodancer

----------------

bacalou

9hotonic posted:

that's true i should have said some sorry

i really enjoy roguelikes like binding of isaac and also any game similar to earthbound (i've played undertale already) does anyone know games like those?

both pc and android have a ton of roguelikes but uh

pixel dungeon, out there omega edit, nuclear throne, legend of dungeon, risk of rain, and spelunky just to name a few off the top of my head. if you haven't played mother 3, i'd recommend that as well

Pro Target

its amazing how diluted the word rogueliek ahs become that ytou can list 10 games, none of which are actual roguelikes

Pro Target

anyways play mother 3 if you havnt

bacalou

if you consider a roguelike to be a randomized level dungeon crawler then most of those qualify effortlessly you autist

bacalou

pixel dungeon itself is based on brogue which is as close to rogue itself as you can get without being an exact copy

Pro Target

brogue is extremely far away from rogue in basially every way, despite being a good game

Pro Target

theyre not similar at allso I can only assume you never played rogue

bacalou

protarget writes out a full list of all roguelikes with only one entry: rogue

he then spends the next nine hours counting all of the teeth on his zippers to make sure they add up to a prime number

Pro Target

Well, I mean, traditionally an aspect ofroguelikes has also been tactical turn based combat but there seems tob e a general consensus that its Right Out

Pro Target

I mean, im no stickler for ascii graphics or whatever ubt at this point the only thing 'roguelike' tells me is that there are probably randomly generated levels. its become completely useless as a descriptive term

bacalou

having a group of games that share the same feature set and gameplay mechanics generally qualifies them to be under the same banner. all of those games generate procedural levels with permadeath and most of them use a tile interface and turn based gameplay. there is a clear zone of similarity, enough to be grouped in and categorized by.

Pro Target

They should probably have a different name, since they aren't like rogue

bacalou

boy and his blob is both a puzzle game and a platformer, most of those games have a secondary catagory, but just like ABahB they still qualify as either

bacalou

pro target spends years of his life petitioning the gaming community to start using the terms roguelike-like and roguelike-like-like

Pro Target

its just frustrating as a fan of the genre that has been coopted byhg lovely Binding of Isaac Gamesto have to qualify what I mean by roguelike (actual roguelike, not a twitchy newgrounds mess)

GEExCEE

I've tried like 10x to appreciate roguelikes now and I Just Can't Do It

bacalou

bacalou

as an aside, while browsing the wikipedia article for roguelike, it lists dark souls in a foot note, which is hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pro Target

its a practical issue, because say I wanted to buy an actual roguelike on steam; I went on there just now and clicked on the rogue-like tag and of the ten results on the first page, only one (Hieroglyphika) even resembles what was previously known as a roguelike. the rest appear to be awful binding of isaac or FTL inspired real time turds