Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose

Schubalts posted:

The update added more things to use stones and tears on.

Ahhhhh that'll also do it. Good to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
According to some guy, here is the spread of classes at Gold in PvP right now (since the ranks were reset, these are actually the highest ranked players, pretty much) https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/4589p2/class_data_regarding_gold_pvp/

quote:

2/11/2016 8:56:00 AM

SMN 36.3% 328

DST 18.9% 171

BD 16.2% 147

KFM 9.7% 88

ASN 9.9% 90

FM 5.3% 48

BM 3.3% 30

Lmao

Only surprise is I would expect KFM to be lower and Assassin to be higher, but besides that looks about right

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Ra-amun posted:

Yep, that's what you need to do. I had the whole back line left and had to kill them two or three at a time while dying and crawling my way to chi recover before I could actually focus on Bomani.

So just to be clear, does this mean I need to kill them during the preceding fights on that floor, or kill them in between the prior fight and the Bomani fight (my precious dumpling time :ohdear:)?

Endings
Jan 17, 2012

Close your eyes...

GlitchThief posted:

So just to be clear, does this mean I need to kill them during the preceding fights on that floor, or kill them in between the prior fight and the Bomani fight (my precious dumpling time :ohdear:)?

I kill them during the earlier fights -- just use your 30s cc on the named guy in different clothes (He's the trigger for the next stage to start counting down), then work your way through the adds, re-CCing as necessary.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Lemming posted:

According to some guy, here is the spread of classes at Gold in PvP right now (since the ranks were reset, these are actually the highest ranked players, pretty much) https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/4589p2/class_data_regarding_gold_pvp/

Lmao

Only surprise is I would expect KFM to be lower and Assassin to be higher, but besides that looks about right

What some people don't realize is Summoner's Sunflower hongmoon skill (which is a significant upgrade for PvE) is bought for 5000 zen beans, so it makes sense that a lot of summoners would rush to start farming beans ASAP.

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

cathead posted:

What some people don't realize is Summoner's Sunflower hongmoon skill (which is a significant upgrade for PvE) is bought for 5000 zen beans, so it makes sense that a lot of summoners would rush to start farming beans ASAP.

Which is also helping inflate Destroyer's numbers a bit, since it's almost a hard counter to Summoner.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Is there anyway to transfer items between my characters?

I tried sending it through mail but it said I hard to "Charge NCoins" or something.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

moush posted:

Is there anyway to transfer items between my characters?

I tried sending it through mail but it said I hard to "Charge NCoins" or something.

I can trade things normally between characters, is the item itself untradable?

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!
You need to charge NCcoin at least once to be able to send mail. It's another anti botting measure.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
I ended up buying a character slot to enable mail. It seemed to be the only purchase that seemed reasonable.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

How do y'all feel about the game in terms of its "F2Pness?" The BnS subreddit is plastered in complaints about how it's too restrictive. Personally, I hope NCSoft keeps on throwing in whale-bait like RNG-boxes to subsidize this cool kung fu fantasy game.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
There's very little restrictions if you're F2P, and Premium isn't particularly impressive except for the pretty important Wardrobe feature. Doesn't even get you "free" monthly points like a lot of games Premium does.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

A few things can be kinda rough for F2P, like inventory space later on. I will say that as much as I like the game, some troubling signs are emerging in terms of how they're handling F2P and the cash shop. It seems that they don't have the highest confidence in their game's chances of long term success.

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
One of the most important things about being premium: Monsters wont drop any money at all unless you have a premium buff active. Its pretty retarded and will make you starved for cash at points.

Ryoutarou
Nov 6, 2009
So as a blademaster, what kind of Gems should I be looking at getting?

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Ryoutarou posted:

So as a blademaster, what kind of Gems should I be looking at getting?

Diamond Damage. Ruby Power. Amethyst Life Drain. The rest is just seasoning.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

Amante posted:

A few things can be kinda rough for F2P, like inventory space later on. I will say that as much as I like the game, some troubling signs are emerging in terms of how they're handling F2P and the cash shop. It seems that they don't have the highest confidence in their game's chances of long term success.

I'd argue it's them changing the way the shop works to account for NA player's notorious whale practices. Keep in mind, in KR this is P2P, not F2P.

Gearhead posted:

Diamond Damage. Ruby Power. Amethyst Life Drain. The rest is just seasoning.

I'd say get a Peridot that gives you Immune and Crit on evade after these 3 (since it applies to actual evades too, and not just the RNG evade, so it'll work on your Q/E/SS)

brennon
Sep 15, 2004

How much of BM being bad in PvP is a difficult to play vs class has bad numbers thing? Those PvP stats are making me very worried.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Amante posted:

It seems that they don't have the highest confidence in their game's chances of long term success.

And they're certainly not making decisions that will help that.

Krilion
Nov 24, 2015

brennon posted:

How much of BM being bad in PvP is a difficult to play vs class has bad numbers thing? Those PvP stats are making me very worried.

Difficult to play, and BDs kinda do everything BMs can do and then some right now and are far easier to play.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

BombiTheZombie posted:

One of the most important things about being premium: Monsters wont drop any money at all unless you have a premium buff active. Its pretty retarded and will make you starved for cash at points.

This is a complete non issue at cap. At low levels you can just ah a couple unsealing charms for starter money.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

brennon posted:

BM are bad in America right now and arguably the best in Korea. We're behind on patches, so it should get better as time goes on.

jaffyjaffy
Sep 27, 2010
So right now my friends and I are on Yunwa, we have been 45 for a little while and have mostly True Profane10 weapons. I was always curious about server populations and after going through the arena leaderboards I'm more worried than before about this server's longevity (first player is on page 11). Basically, do you guys think that they will merge the lower pop servers down the line, or should I just try to cut my losses and remake on Mushin? I was thinking if I do anything I'll wait until the currency exchange is out and (assuming Hongmoon coins are account wide), do it then if there are no words on server merges.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

They'll merge for sure, don't think I've ever seen an mmo that didn't do it when they had really low pops. However we might not get a choice in where we get merged with, so you're taking that risk,

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.
I think things like lockboxes and unsealing charms make the game feel even more f2p than it was intended to. When you have to unseal an item that came from a lockbox that itself came from a second lockbox, it's hard to say they aren't trying to get people to buy consumables.

Other than that, the restrictions aren't that bad, but the rarity of venture tokens kinda sucks. I bought a couple character slots and wanted to start earning hongmoon coin to expand my inventory, but I've seen literally one venture token in over 150 reward chests. It makes hongmoon coin seem like the bare minimum of lip service to the idea that free players just take more time to get the same stuff, and that's really disappointing.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Nobody answered my question from earlier so I'll ask again:

I have a character name reserved on a level 1 that I want to use when Warlock comes out, my question is:

How long do I need to wait for the name to become available, and is the name reserved on all servers?

jaffyjaffy
Sep 27, 2010

Count Bleck posted:

Nobody answered my question from earlier so I'll ask again:

I have a character name reserved on a level 1 that I want to use when Warlock comes out, my question is:

How long do I need to wait for the name to become available, and is the name reserved on all servers?

Names are global and the delete time is 5 minutes. The name should be open for use after it is deleted.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

jaffyjaffy posted:

Names are global and the delete time is 5 minutes. The name should be open for use after it is deleted.

Neato, thanks.

jaffyjaffy
Sep 27, 2010

Count Bleck posted:

Neato, thanks.

Only thing to keep in mind is the delete timer goes up to about a week at level 16 and a full month(haven't seen it for myself) at 45, which is annoying if you want to swap servers since from what I can find online they have never done server transfers for any region.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
A week or a month? Honestly what is it with those assholes, they give you two slots and timers that long. I can sort of understand the one at max level but I played until level 20ish before I decided I didn't like the class. That just seems like a complete dick move.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

seorin posted:

I think things like lockboxes and unsealing charms make the game feel even more f2p than it was intended to. When you have to unseal an item that came from a lockbox that itself came from a second lockbox, it's hard to say they aren't trying to get people to buy consumables.

Other than that, the restrictions aren't that bad, but the rarity of venture tokens kinda sucks. I bought a couple character slots and wanted to start earning hongmoon coin to expand my inventory, but I've seen literally one venture token in over 150 reward chests. It makes hongmoon coin seem like the bare minimum of lip service to the idea that free players just take more time to get the same stuff, and that's really disappointing.

The key thing is kind of understandable (though they seem to be giving more Brilliant ones through surveys now so they seem to understand people are having some issues with boxes) but you can't even buy unsealing charms on the shop so I don't know what those have to do with anything. That's just helping get gold out of the economy gradually.

I think part of the reason venture tokens are rare is the primary way to get hongmoon coins is SUPPOSED to be the currency exchange (where you can just directly exchange gold for hongmoon coins), but they chose to delay opening that until a later patch in order to give the economy and game time to settle in the game's infancy before they allow ncoin/gold trading. I realize that has an impact on people who want to do that early on and I'm sure they do too, but it sounds like the kind of thing where you have to make the tradeoff to not gently caress your game's economy up too much early on. I'd still like to see them put a few more tokens in daily dash or something though.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

It's primarily to prevent someone from logging into your account and deleting your character. Or rage deleting. It's a good feature. Now starting with 2 character slots, that's kind of a dick move. At least they're not hideously expensive, but still, meh.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Well yeah but usually that timer is way shorter, all it actually does in this case is punish people who really want to try out different classes. I'm not a fan of even the short timers and while we're at it I hate those onscreen keyboard things that's another thing I either set ultra generic and reuse or come back to the game after a while of not playing and have to remember what I set it to. Usually leading to me trying a few things and when it's none of those just not bothering with the game again.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Should really have all your 2FA in Authy or Authenticator Plus, then you don't have to worry about it. [Edit] Or if you're using the static pin for whatever reason, just put it as a note in your password vault for the NCSoft entry.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Feb 12, 2016

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

loving RAZORS! :argh:

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Tiger strike searing blow specced KFM is some good poo poo, searing palm all day every day

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Honestly, since as far as I can tell the benefit of having multiple characters on one account is either entirely or mostly non-existent, I just made another account when I wanted to try more classes. Unless I missed something major, two characters on the same account share literally nothing (besides maybe cash shop stuff? I never buy anything in these games so I wouldn't know.) so it didn't really make a big difference.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

GlitchThief posted:

How do y'all feel about the game in terms of its "F2Pness?" The BnS subreddit is plastered in complaints about how it's too restrictive. Personally, I hope NCSoft keeps on throwing in whale-bait like RNG-boxes to subsidize this cool kung fu fantasy game.

I dunno. Hadn't played an mmo in a couple years but they seem pretty loving stingy with player services considering how hard they are whaling.

No money drops without premium.
No free wardrobe.
Two measly character slots.
Character bound outfits.
No player mailing unless you've paid (what the gently caress, seriously).
Insanely expensive outfits, not to mention RNG boxes. (Plus that puffy coat was free in taiwan through an event, according to a friend.)
Limited AH listings.
Limited inventory.
Training tickets, character appearance tickets, weapon skins and other consumables.
The disappearance of outfit salvaging, so you can't craft more stuff with fabric.
lovely spin dash with nary any important items.
The whole premium bonus experience/money/etc thing AND tiers of premium, to boot.

Like... holy poo poo, dude. Laughing at the guy that blows a thousand dollars in boxes is a jolly good time but you'd think they'd do premium OR RNG boxes OR super expensive outfits, not all of it at the same time.

They might or might not make changes once they see how much money they can reliably pull but right now they are pretty heavy handed about it.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Det_no posted:

I dunno. Hadn't played an mmo in a couple years but they seem pretty loving stingy with player services considering how hard they are whaling.

Like... holy poo poo, dude. Laughing at the guy that blows a thousand dollars in boxes is a jolly good time but you'd think they'd do premium OR RNG boxes OR super expensive outfits, not all of it at the same time.

They might or might not make changes once they see how much money they can reliably pull but right now they are pretty heavy handed about it.

Not really looking to whiteknight this game, but the "premium" benefits in this game are completely underwhelming and the only thing they're getting money from is whales paying for costumes and wardrobe access. The money you get is negligible, outfits are always character bound, inventory space is always minimal, daily dash is always lovely, etc. The reason you have to pay to use mail and it takes ages to delete characters 15+ is for anti-botting measures.

I had a premium subscription for 7 days to get the faster queues during the initial rush but have never felt a need to resubscribe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Det_no posted:

The disappearance of outfit salvaging, so you can't craft more stuff with fabric.
lovely spin dash with nary any important items.

Daily dash is never going to give that important of items. It's "better" in other regions because those regions have been established a lot longer than ours and the material needs are different . People just got hosed up expectations because they grabbed another region's daily dash for beta and people were expecting to get a bazillion soulstones all the time and poo poo at release.

I also think the outfit salvaging issue is another one of those weird issues due to us being "too early" for the lv50 patch. There are outfits at lv50 that are salvageable and I think they may have disabled the earlier ones so people couldn't just farm fabric super easy (bots and such), but we can't actually get to the point in the game where we could get those. There's no real way to tell though since that's all internal stuff, other than there are plenty of other weird little problems that have arisen because of the 45cap-on-lv50 patch thing so I wouldn't be surprised. They seem intent on just pushing forward until 50 without loving around with too much earlier stuff like that which is why you have warlock razors dropping and such.

• Locked thread