Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich

Xoidanor posted:

5 movement speed. Slow the gently caress down Riot, wouldn't want to break the game.

Give Jhin a 20/30/40/50/60% crit on his third auto attack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

voodoo dog
Jun 6, 2001

Gun Saliva

Gibberish posted:

Give Jhin a 20/30/40/50/60% crit on his third auto attack
Now that would be ridiculous, Riot would never do such a thing!

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

The Mash posted:

Fiora should run Fervor IMO. I always all-in at 1 or 2 as Fiora and Fervor destroys Thunderlords for that

Gross, take Grasp. It's better for all ins as well as short trades, especially if you are doing the correct Fiora thing and stacking LS early (imo)

Fervor into poo poo like Malphite or Gangplank never ends well, I think sustain is more important

How Rude fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Feb 12, 2016

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
Reasons why maybe you should dodge your bronze game:

1) Someone on your team picked Lee Sin
2) "its ok we have a strategy and we're on skype"
3) someone angers xXpusydestroyerX
4) you have two smites
5) someone gave up xin
6-10)

Now that I have an ADC to play this climb is actually fun

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Azzents posted:

Look out boys, Jhin's going to be first ban status with that WHOPPING regen buff.

Don't knock base stat buffs, 2 armor 5 movement might seem small, but it'll end up reducing his overall death count by quite a lot.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/skin-champion-concepts/PkXPw4av-mafia-queenpin-leblanc

this skin is cool

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

A Stupid Baby posted:

Reasons why maybe you should dodge your bronze game:
6-10)

Last picked into enemy team 4x hard engage.

"It's okay guys, I got this."

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Apparently sticking the attack speed passive buff onto the W and changing the damage minimum on it a bit has made Kogs winrate go up, although it has hardly been enough time that it would necessarily be meaningful.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

rabidsquid posted:

Apparently sticking the attack speed passive buff onto the W and changing the damage minimum on it a bit has made Kogs winrate go up, although it has hardly been enough time that it would necessarily be meaningful.

Yeah there's obviously not a ton of data yet, but signs are promising:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Just the other day I was calling this fix stupid but possibly really good so :unsmigghh:

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Sexpansion posted:

Thank you for reminding me to keep Udyr banned

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Well Q was always the skill that you were best off skipping and it gave him a steroid. I didn't expect the changes to be that useful but they are very promising thus far.

Also I was probably wrong about Ryze. After seeing Keane play him last night, he just split pushes and ults to delete every wave. He farmed each game until he got really strong then he would look for TP flanks. The fact that his ultimate is up all the time after level 11 makes him pretty hard to pin down, and distortion swifties with 0/18/12 mean you have a lot of map pressure and playmaking ability through reduced summoner cooldowns. I'm thinking that if you get behind you'll have a pretty hard time but I'll play a few games on him tonight and see how it feels.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

exethan posted:

Well Q was always the skill that you were best off skipping and it gave him a steroid. I didn't expect the changes to be that useful but they are very promising thus far.

Also I was probably wrong about Ryze. After seeing Keane play him last night, he just split pushes and ults to delete every wave. He farmed each game until he got really strong then he would look for TP flanks. The fact that his ultimate is up all the time after level 11 makes him pretty hard to pin down, and distortion swifties with 0/18/12 mean you have a lot of map pressure and playmaking ability through reduced summoner cooldowns. I'm thinking that if you get behind you'll have a pretty hard time but I'll play a few games on him tonight and see how it feels.

Basically if you're playing Ryze in soloqueue then all you need is for your team not to self destruct by the 15 minute point. Which... actually, that's kind of hard. Yeah his soloqueue winrate makes sense.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Sexpansion posted:

The buff is nice and all but I don't think it's the gamechanger, it's people thinking differently about Kog. He used to actually be a lane bully, now he's this.... thing. You get more damage in trades now, but the fundamental concept remains the same as pre-patch - until you get a bork at least you are using your W on creeps.

I have still been leveling WQE even after the ASPD got shifted from Q just because it's pretty good base damage scaling and doesn't eat up your mana like spamming E does - you can harass with it if you're confident (or pushing so hard it doesn't matter) and still be able to W pretty much on CD. The extra slow is nice but since you are splitting damage as much as Corki and your W is now your waveclear skill I don't think it warrants the scaling mana cost and opportunity cost of levelling Q instead.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Examining the champion.gg daily stats I found that Ryze has a 50% winrate in diamond yesterday over 54 games.

Bronze through plat he's 39%-43%. Maybe he's still useful as a pocket pick in very specific situations but for the average gamer he's going to take a lot more getting used to.

stump collector fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Feb 12, 2016

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
lucian top is super fun you guys

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Sexpansion posted:

How is this possible in the new League of Assassins? Where are Zed, Talon, and Xin?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

exethan posted:

Post rework Q was the first skill you maxed on Kog because W was absolutely terrible in lane. Now Q is something I guess you put a point in to for using it to get the occasional CS.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
having an ad mid laner tanks your win rate at higher ranks of play because teams know how to build against it. doesn't matter how epic op busted the stats on duskblade are if everybody has thornmail/randuin's/zhonya's

as for xin, he's always been a lovely champion. mobility is limited to a skill that only targets enemies, healing is unreliable, one of his skills is nothing but an attack speed boost. if you stack his kit up against udyr's it becomes stunningly obvious how much he's missing. upping the damage on all his skills lets him chew up teams that have no idea to kite, but it doesn't much matter how high his numbers are if one stun and some intelligent focus reduces him to a fine red mist

edit: i guess release xin proves that it is possible to tune his damage so high he can win at any level at play. thats never going to happen again, though, and it's time to stop pining for the glory days

Elpato
Oct 14, 2009

I hate to spoil the ending, but...some stuff gets eaten, y'know?
I think it's that when Kog presses W he greatly outranges all the en vogue ADCs of the day, and that skill now does more damage. Trades no longer just tickle.

I wonder if this will bring Braum forward in the popular support list, since Kog doesn't have to do much work to pop the passive and continue vomiting.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

exethan posted:

Examining the champion.gg daily stats I found that Ryze has a 50% winrate in diamond yesterday over 54 games.

Bronze through plat he's 39%-43%. Maybe he's still useful as a pocket pick in very specific situations but for the average gamer he's going to take a lot more getting used to.

Hes banned out a lot in comp. Hes got some brutal power spikes and his lategame is nothin' to gently caress wit but if you put in the work to figure out his combo rhythm. It takes a lot of doing though and the fact that he went from Mortal Kombat's Test your Might: the champion to someone you actually have to think ahead and plan out what you're going to do at all times doesn't do his badlord winrate any favors

stump collector
May 28, 2007

The Shortest Path posted:

How is this possible in the new League of Assassins? Where are Zed, Talon, and Xin?

Other than udyr the champions at the top have strong ultimates and cc abilities that are clear indicators that it's go time for your team. That has always been the most valuable thing in solo queue. Also, riot has shown since s3 that they are willing to balance around assassins ruining your gaming experience rather than winning the game so it's not out of the question that they'll nerf the champions using dorkblade and also nerf the item

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
hey I just lost a 5v4

anyways that's my story i'm gonna go kill myself cya #pourjulia

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I won a 4v5 when one of the people I queued with could not connect for reason after getting a new harddrive and afterwards the other team's ADC said "I don't know what to say" and I said "I do: uninstall :grin:"

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

DolphinCop posted:

as for xin, he's always been a lovely champion. mobility is limited to a skill that only targets enemies, healing is unreliable, one of his skills is nothing but an attack speed boost. if you stack his kit up against udyr's it becomes stunningly obvious how much he's missing. upping the damage on all his skills lets him chew up teams that have no idea to kite, but it doesn't much matter how high his numbers are if one stun and some intelligent focus reduces him to a fine red mist

I think it's a reflection on how much the game has changed when about a year ago people in this thread were saying he has too much on his abilities.

His e is a gap close that also has aoe slow and damage, his Q is a knockup with cool down reduction, his W is aspd and a heal.

Not saying I don't agree with you, but I also miss a simpler time when a slow AND a gap closer being together wasnt common

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
When are treasure chests coming out?

Also they're getting rid of Dominion. About drat time.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Don't think they have a date yet but I'm slightly less excited for them now that they've said how often you they drop

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

"Quoting, like smoking, is a dirty habit to which I am devoted."

henkman posted:

Don't think they have a date yet but I'm slightly less excited for them now that they've said how often you they drop

I knew that they'd have a really low drop rate, but what was the number Riot gave?

And I could live without the Valve-esque chest system, I just want the new launcher client.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
You get a chest when either you or someone you've queued with gets an S(-/+) rank. Once per week, per champion, per season. So you can get at most 4 a month. Not great

And we don't really know how rare keys will be

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

"Quoting, like smoking, is a dirty habit to which I am devoted."

henkman posted:

You get a chest when either you or someone you've queued with gets an S(-/+) rank. Once per week, per champion, per season. So you can get at most 4 a month. Not great

And we don't really know how rare keys will be

Oh right, I remember reading that. Since it's based off the post game rankings they might as well have used a roulette system anyway, since that's what the grading system feels like.

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
How I feel playing this League of Legends

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxDPyhVI1iY

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

henkman posted:

I won a 4v5 when one of the people I queued with could not connect for reason after getting a new harddrive and afterwards the other team's ADC said "I don't know what to say" and I said "I do: uninstall :grin:"

I won a 3v5 where I had to manage both mid and bot (bot were the afks) and then a 4v5 in ranked 5's as teemo so im basically waiting on TSM for an invite

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

henkman posted:

You get a chest when either you or someone you've queued with gets an S(-/+) rank.

I really dislike this because what it takes to get S rank seems really arbitrary which also leads into it being lovely because some people will put doing S rank things above actually winning the drat game.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Shortest Path posted:

I really dislike this because what it takes to get S rank seems really arbitrary which also leads into it being lovely because some people will put doing S rank things above actually winning the drat game.

Also the delightful raging when someone not paired with someone screws up and 'ruins' the chance for an S-rank.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Seems there's a lot of people who can fiora here - how do you lane against her, specifically with poppy? I've just started top more often and found her a hard matchup. Anyone worth their salt just ripostes my Q and then goes to town on me. If I manage to get some damage in she seems to have enough sustain to regain it pretty easily.

MorphineMike
Nov 4, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Also the delightful raging when someone not paired with someone screws up and 'ruins' the chance for an S-rank.

afaik, it's only people you queued with, not people in the game. So if you duoqueue, you get a chest if you or your buddy gets an S, but not if any of the other three do.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MorphineMike posted:

afaik, it's only people you queued with, not people in the game. So if you duoqueue, you get a chest if you or your buddy gets an S, but not if any of the other three do.

That's what I mean. Top lane solo player feeds Xin Zhao and suddenly he's wrecking face across the map and the end result is the queued people going "gently caress you, Teemo, we were wrecking face bottom lane but because of you Xin got fed, killed me and I lost my S!" This, of course, doesn't actually need to be justified for it to happen.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

el dingo posted:

Seems there's a lot of people who can fiora here - how do you lane against her, specifically with poppy? I've just started top more often and found her a hard matchup. Anyone worth their salt just ripostes my Q and then goes to town on me. If I manage to get some damage in she seems to have enough sustain to regain it pretty easily.

ban her

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*
For some reason my account says zero dominion wins despite playing dominion a billion times when it came out and discussing the mode within these very threads and riot support isn't helping me (they're taking the line that I have zero dominion wins or games). I know it's a longshot but are there any databases or resources that I can point to like lolking that says "hey, this guy actually did play dominion"?

It's really hosed up that I was one of the few people who didn't just dominion to level up bot accounts :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

What are the top supports right now? My duo partner plays a lot of Tahm and Thresh and they are both very awesome since you can usually get a gank early. I play mostly Lucian. Tahm especially is probably my favorite dude to see behind me. He can save me, setup ganks, do respectable damage, take a ton of damage.

• Locked thread