Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

My Tank Is Fight is one of the main reasons I started playing World of Tanks and (unfortunately) went down the Maus line. If Wargaming is going to give me both Hitler's Doofy Ubertank and An Unironic Aircraft Carrier Made Of Frozen Sawdust, Wargaming can have my money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

What is the Habbuki and why should I be interested?

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

BadLlama posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ERqPqBqVQ4&t=344s

At 5:44 if it doens't put you right there. See that giant aircraft carrier? That is the Habbuki. The idea was simple. Steel has many things to be used on, but wood is more free to use. So lets take wood pulp and freeze it into shape so you can still launch and land normal land based aircraft including heavy bombers.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

BadLlama posted:

Project Habakkuk was a plan for a 1200-meter-long aircraft carrier displacing 2.2 million tons, made out of ice reinforced with sawdust.

Why would you *not* be interested?

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman
Make it only playable on Islands of Ice

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
Almost certainly an event boss, which is fine.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

TheDemon posted:

Almost certainly an event boss, which is fine.

Not even. It is going to be world of warships' mythical "its coming guys! *wink wink*" to WoT's sturmtiger. The model is complete, but it still hasn't shown up in a tree or as a premium. Hell, that model was complete several years ago. Apparently they hid it in a shed on one of the maps to keep the excitement going.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

The Fubuki makes for an OK gunboat if you only face other IJN destroyers.

(x3 and an XP flag)

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

Archenteron posted:

Hello again I have a new question: What the hell is up with Russian Destroyers?

What's supposed to be up with them? They're gunboats and later on turn into ultra-light cruisers.

El Disco posted:

The Fubuki makes for an OK gunboat if you only face other IJN destroyers.

Hell, you can mess up Americans and even Russians if you play your cards well. Fubuki and Kagero have both good enough camo that you should have the initiative on when to start the fight and get the first salvo in. And while their turret rotation and RoF are lackluster, IJN destroyer guns from T7 onwards actually pack a pretty nasty punch and have good accurracy and fast shell trajectories.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
So from the looks of it, the Kamikaze R is only worth buying if you don't already have a Fuujin? Does it have some x-factor like a bonus to free xp on the premium camo?

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

BIG HEADLINE posted:

So from the looks of it, the Kamikaze R is only worth buying if you don't already have a Fuujin? Does it have some x-factor like a bonus to free xp on the premium camo?

Thats the anshin. The kamikaze r is just a fuujin with a different camo pattern.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Since I got the Kamikaze R from the contest, I'm debating selling the Minekaze to free its captain to ascend up the Japanese DD tree and/or free up the ship slot.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
I'm surprised its halfway through Feb and we still have not had any concrete word on the next ship line release (that 2016 preview didn't tell us poo poo). Russian DD/German Cruiser seems like an eon ago. I really feel like even a single new line would invigorate the game and its just kind of odd that still nothing has happened.

cheese fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Feb 13, 2016

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

JuffoWup posted:

Not even. It is going to be world of warships' mythical "its coming guys! *wink wink*" to WoT's sturmtiger. The model is complete, but it still hasn't shown up in a tree or as a premium. Hell, that model was complete several years ago. Apparently they hid it in a shed on one of the maps to keep the excitement going.

Even the half drunk balancing staff at WGing realized there is no practical way to balance a Sturmtiger. It was one of their "this seemed like a good idea at the time" things that gave us the WTE-100. Then again, they are replacing it with what looks like a gun from a cruiser that escaped and found tracks to drive around on.

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

cheese posted:

I'm surprised its halfway through Feb and we still have not had any concrete word on the next ship line release (that 2016 preview didn't tell us poo poo). Russian DD/German Cruiser seems like an eon ago. I really feel like even a single new line would invigorate the game and its just kind of odd that still nothing has happened.

I'm worried that they won't release a new one until Gamescom (August?) which would be horrible. Once I get the Shimakaze unlocked im not really interested in grinding any other existing lines. I just want either British or German battleships. If its Russian cruisers im going to be super disappointed.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

worldofcruisers.jpg

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
I cleaned the OP if anyone wants to add please PM me what you would like and I will update asap. TIA

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
hazdoc i found your favorite game: http://store.steampowered.com/app/401810/

poi

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
That's a nice game, poi

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

its beautiful

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Looks like a no brainer, but Cleveland is the best fire starter for T6 right?

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

TSBX posted:

Yes, especially if you have Demolition Expert.

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

TSBX posted:

Yeah I used the Cleveland for the 300 fires mission. I think I was averaging like 11 a game, with a high of 23.

Playing ranked regularly for the first time now. Down to rank 9. Man I really hope they add that punishment for people who score less than 300 xp.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Lakedaimon posted:

Yeah I used the Cleveland for the 300 fires mission. I think I was averaging like 11 a game, with a high of 23.

Playing ranked regularly for the first time now. Down to rank 9. Man I really hope they add that punishment for people who score less than 300 xp.

You basically have to do NOTHING to not break 300 xp in a won match. Even living through a 20 minute match puts you close to 200, I think. You've got to die, and die early and achieve nothing to fail a 300xp check.

Yet it happens. All the time.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
Like the match earlier where that wonderful player on our team who had 146 xp sitting at the bottom of our team at the end. I still wonder how he got that ARP Kongo being that bad, hell he drove solo into five ships and got completely poo poo on with no one even close to being in range to support him.

Fizzil
Aug 24, 2005

There are five fucks at the edge of a cliff...

Is there anyway to get a Diana code? I'll pay handsomely. (must be an EU code)

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

When you drive around in tier 6 carriers a bit, you get to see quite a lot of North Carolina drivers run full broadside into Tirpitz torpedoes they forgot it had

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

When you drive around in tier 6 carriers a bit, you get to see quite a lot of North Carolina drivers run full broadside into Tirpitz torpedoes they forgot it had

Not long after the tirpitz was released, I saw an enemy dd death come up in a match. And the tirpitz made a comment in global saying "I still have torps". That is embarrassing.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
Today in "WTF how did we win this" and "WTF why do my stats look so good":

To emphasise, in no way did I play well.
Match started with disagreement and chat rage over which point to cap, splitting the fleet. Miraculously, nobody died immediately, but the non-split enemy fleet decided to focus on me and I limped away half dead.
Then I went to try and shoot at things without dying while repairing, which resulted in me being just useful enough to do moderate damage yet just useless enough to let everyone die as my meatshield.
The last surviving other team member (a Tirpitz) decided to get in a duel with an enemy Tirpitz, failed to angle his armor (plus used HE a lot :lol:), and died like a bitch.
I ran away with half HP (after using 3/4 of my repairs), sailed straight into the enemy New Orleans, ate a bunch of citadels that took me to like 1k HP, got stuck on an island, and survived with 2k HP after using my last repair through dumb luck because the New Orleans ate some torpedoes before it could finish me off.
At this point, it was me against a half HP Tirpitz and an almost full HP Benson, so I ran away some more while everyone was raging at me in chat and the Benson capped our point just in time to stop us from winning. I capped our last point, and 2 ticks away from victory the enemy Tirpitz came around an island and fired a broadside at me. And missed. Never not install Steering Gear Modification 2 :dukedog:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Fizzil posted:

Is there anyway to get a Diana code? I'll pay handsomely. (must be an EU code)

Kinguin used to sell wargaming codes, we all got loaded on the super cheap multiple JT88+Gold codes, but apparently not anymore

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Is the Kamikaze R good?

EDIT: I haven't played since November and wow am I terrible right now.

Devorum fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Feb 14, 2016

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Devorum posted:

Is the Kamikaze R good?

It's basically a premium Minekaze, and the Minekaze is the best tier 5 destroyer, so yes.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

NTRabbit posted:

It's basically a premium Minekaze, and the Minekaze is the best tier 5 destroyer, so yes.

It's two knots slower and has more HP, which probably isn't important, but you never know.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Question: how to Aoba?

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
Does Artillery Plotting Room 1 (on the New York if it matters), which increases range, also decrease spread at ranges below maximum? Most range upgrades do but I just want to confirm.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

TheDemon posted:

Does Artillery Plotting Room 1 (on the New York if it matters), which increases range, also decrease spread at ranges below maximum? Most range upgrades do but I just want to confirm.

No range upgrade increases dispersion, just fyi. The stat at the port increases, but that only indicates dispersion at MAXIMUM range. The dispersion at ranges below maximum range will stay the same. If you get the range upgrade mod, your range at 12km will still be the same as it was, you will simply suffer from additional dispersion when taking shots outside of your natural firing range. Same goes for scout planes and fire control upgrades.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

Hazdoc posted:

No range upgrade increases dispersion, just fyi. The stat at the port increases, but that only indicates dispersion at MAXIMUM range. The dispersion at ranges below maximum range will stay the same. If you get the range upgrade mod, your range at 12km will still be the same as it was, you will simply suffer from additional dispersion when taking shots outside of your natural firing range. Same goes for scout planes and fire control upgrades.

That explains a lot about using the scout plane, honestly. Thanks

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Guns have same angle of dispersion regardless of range upgrade/boost btw.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Honestly, I'm a bit depressed at the moment. I don't know what the issue is, but MM has been giving me utterly terrible teams all week. Like, I generally have a pretty good W/R, but this week I've probably won less than 10 games of over 30(40+?) played. And given I'm generally in the top 3, and decently often #1 in those games, I can be fairly confident it's not me.

It really sucks.

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Feb 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Lord Koth posted:

Honestly, I'm a bit depressed at the moment. I don't know what the issue is, but MM has been giving me utterly terrible teams all week. Like, I generally have a pretty good W/R, but this week I've probably won less than 10 games of over 30(40+?) played. And given I'm generally in the top 3, and decently often #1 in those games, I can be fairly confident it's not me.

It really sucks.
Been having same problems, which is why I'm on break. When I look at my team of <45% win rate and <700 average xp while comparing to enemy team's >50% win rate and >1000 average xp all the loving time, it really sucks. I should go play ranked or something, but it's nearing end and playing tier 6 is effort.