Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Decrepus posted:

I hope he got out alive. Oh right, he did. I watched the entire video before I posted.

That, and it's right below the video in the description that the operator got out unscathed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

lol that chris dude is probably :goonsay: personified

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
http://i.imgur.com/mzeo18t.webm

I feel like he did this before and it worked, so he tried again in order to film it and...

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

I love me some OSHAdenfreude

Waterslide Industry Lobbyist
Jun 18, 2003

ANYONE WANT SOME BARBECUE?

Lipstick Apathy

FCKGW posted:

I too, enjoy that this incident happened there, this location we will not reveal under threat of death.

It's Newport Beach, CA

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

C.M. Kruger posted:

Apparently the FBI also snuck people into the refuge buildings on Tuesday.
http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/02/oregon_standoff_fbi_moves_in_o.html

how did they hide their footprints from the snow?

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

KoRMaK posted:

how did they hide their footprints from the snow?

They've been pretty much holed up in their camp at the NW of the refuge compound for the past few days. FBI could have easily kept the visitor center between them and the camp while they were coming up.

E: Also it looks like the past week has been dry with high temperatures above freezing, so I don't think there's any snow on the ground right now. http://www.wunderground.com/history...reqdb.wmo=99999

goatsestretchgoals has a new favorite as of 02:22 on Feb 12, 2016

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe

This is fantastic. I live about a five minute walk from that part of PCH and it's like this every single day. I can't even count the number of times I've almost been hit, while walking, by some rear end in a top hat in their BMW or Mercedes because apparently the laws of right of way don't apply to you if you can afford a really expensive car.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

That laugh is amazing

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

It seems like everyone involved here is a dick. The guy in the SUV hosed up because he thought yield meant to traffic on his left and not just pedestrians which is a reasonable enough mistake if you don't know the area e: watching again, Mercedes dude doesn't know where the merge point is so he stops early. The webcam dude decides to go full on horn lean instead of a couple of quick taps, which is a bit excessive and basically the horn version of shouting gently caress you through a loudspeaker.

Mercedes guy is still more of a douche.

goatsestretchgoals has a new favorite as of 06:01 on Feb 12, 2016

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

The moral of this gif: never attempt to help anyone.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Memento posted:

The moral of this gif: never attempt to help anyone.

Just avoid people altogether
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lv5ARcfwudI

Also animals
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5lU1Y3V3t4

Also dildos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jwEkEkwPeo

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

I know victim blaming is bad but if he didn't want to get hosed in head he shouldn't have been such a fuckhead.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Birb Katter posted:

I know victim blaming is bad but if he didn't want to get hosed in head he shouldn't have been such a fuckhead.

Auspol is your 'fetch' isn't it?

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
That was New Zealand :ssh:

Apparently dildos are the new protestors weapon of choice.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

buttcoinbrony posted:

It seems like everyone involved here is a dick. The guy in the SUV hosed up because he thought yield meant to traffic on his left and not just pedestrians which is a reasonable enough mistake if you don't know the area e: watching again, Mercedes dude doesn't know where the merge point is so he stops early. The webcam dude decides to go full on horn lean instead of a couple of quick taps, which is a bit excessive and basically the horn version of shouting gently caress you through a loudspeaker.

Mercedes guy is still more of a douche.

The Merc slows down to see where to merge and the guy behind just leans on the horn, he's the massive rear end in a top hat here. The merc didn't even stop just had the temerity to slow down.

I've had this happen to me in the past so I like to stop and check my car, try and work out what they were trying to raise to my attention because it was obviously pretty serious. I am a massive rear end in a top hat though so that might explain it.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Aramoro posted:

The Merc slows down to see where to merge and the guy behind just leans on the horn, he's the massive rear end in a top hat here. The merc didn't even stop just had the temerity to slow down.

I've had this happen to me in the past so I like to stop and check my car, try and work out what they were trying to raise to my attention because it was obviously pretty serious. I am a massive rear end in a top hat though so that might explain it.

There's an entire lane to use to merge though, there's no reason to slow down whilst doing so. You want to be at the same speed as the traffic you're merging with... Dude deserves the horn and getting wrecked by his car.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

I love how the woman just gets ready to lie down in a coffin for a moment.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
Going in line with the aussie (NZ) posts above.

http://timeandtidewatches.com/news-oops-they-did-it-again-aussie-politicians-accept-250k-worth-of-fake-watches/

Got a good laugh out of me.

I wish I would get gifted a fake Rolex worth 30k. :homebrew:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

88h88 posted:

There's an entire lane to use to merge though, there's no reason to slow down whilst doing so. You want to be at the same speed as the traffic you're merging with... Dude deserves the horn and getting wrecked by his car.

If that area's anything like where I live, the merge lane doesn't last very long, so it's generally safer to slow down and check before trying to get in. I've had people blare their horns at me because I stopped at a stop sign, or at a crosswalk with pedestrians in it, so I'm more inclined to take the Mercedes driver's side, but then he came out and responded to the horn, so they're both kinda assholes.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

The best part about this was the incredibly whiny response from our prime minister. In a single interview, he decried this as being childish, and also said that he had a response for the protesters that addressed all of their concerns but he wasn't gonna say it now because they were being so mean you guys.

Phyzzle
Jan 26, 2008
As usual, traffic engineers are the assholes. If it's a merge lane, let cars drive into the lane and then put a sign on the right that says Lane Ends. Lose the yield sign.

prahanormal
Mar 8, 2011

heya /
I can't wait until all cars are self driving so these kind of conversations can go the way of the dinosaur.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

ChaosArgate posted:

If that area's anything like where I live, the merge lane doesn't last very long, so it's generally safer to slow down and check before trying to get in. I've had people blare their horns at me because I stopped at a stop sign, or at a crosswalk with pedestrians in it, so I'm more inclined to take the Mercedes driver's side, but then he came out and responded to the horn, so they're both kinda assholes.

It does end, but about 200ft beforehand there's a pretty clear line of sight to see whether or not you can merge into traffic and the old fart obviously doesn't look ahead like you should do. If you can't plan ahead whilst driving then you shouldn't be on the road and that goes double for this gimp who nearly ran himself over in a car he was driving.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I was following a friend's car when we came to a Yield sign merge lane not unlike that, and he came to a full stop, taking me completely by surprise. When I asked him why, he explained his father had always counseled him to treat yield signs as stop signs. :psyduck:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to stop when merging unless you absolutely CANNOT go forward into the lane.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Lotish posted:

I was following a friend's car when we came to a Yield sign merge lane not unlike that, and he came to a full stop, taking me completely by surprise. When I asked him why, he explained his father had always counseled him to treat yield signs as stop signs. :psyduck:

Honor thy mother and father is more important than some stupid "rule book" written by mortal men. :colbert:

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
For old people and idiots, the signs mean:
Yield = stop
Stop = stay.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
I saw an old man stopped at a metered 2 lane onramp waiting for his green light to get on and merge. He wasn't pulled quite far enough forward to activate the sensor, so he sat there for almost 2 minutes staring at the red light with a line of angry cars behind him.

It was really funny

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Oh boy, looking forward to three pages of people talking about inane traffic poo poo.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Inane traffic poo poo, you say? Here are some people driving in the snow.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxdYNTcM5s4

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

prahanormal posted:

I can't wait until all cars are self driving so these kind of conversations can go the way of the dinosaur.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtLp2f-vM14

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

He said when all cars are self-driving, not the awkward intermediate time of people ramming and honking at automatic cars.

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Gorilla Salad posted:

It always amazes me how much kids look to their parents for how to react after they hurt themselves. Parents laugh, kid laughs. Parents freak even a little, kids cries.

Just take the kid at 6:30 who slides down the pole for example. *THUMP* laughs.

That's the trick with kids when they are hurt in a minor way. Just laugh it off and dismiss it. Never come running screaming "Oh my god! Are you OK! I'll save you! You're lucky to be alive!" Just laugh and talk about something completely unrelated and they won't even remember the bump. Remember, you bang your head, slam your hand in a drawer, smash your thumb, cut your finger all the time and you don't even mention it to anyone. Act the same way around your kid and they'll be calm.

Apropos of this, my daughter is so cool about injuries that she once quietly told me "Daddy, I think I'm bleeding" I turned around to look at her and her shirt was awash in blood. She was vomiting significant amounts of blood as well as directly bleeding (she had her adenoids and tonsils out the week prior). She never panicked once. She kept spitting into a cup as we drove to the hospital. I had to empty the cup out the window as she filled her blood cup.

Moral: stay calm and your kids will be calm.

...To be fair, my other daughter is a drama queen and I raised her exactly the same way. YMMV

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Personally I would want my child to tell me quickly and urgently if they were vomiting blood.

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Ssthalar posted:

Nah, was my own fault. He was moving the lift down and I didn't think about what a plate of steel driven by heavy pneumatic will do to a toe caught under it so I moved closer to pick up stuff.

Ah well, we Danes have a saying. "Af skade bliver man klog" - "By injury, you learn"

Also, I didn't use that toenail anyways... :v:

Edit: And it gives me an excuse to shitpost all over the place.

My staff, when I was a warehouse manager, was told repeatedly, "You must not wear open toed shoes in the warehouse!" We enforced this religiously. We sent people home if they thought they could wear sandals in my warehouse.

The man came in one time when I wasn't there and set about a thousand pounds down on his foot while wearing sandals. He didn't lose any toes, but he crushed them pretty badly. Fortunately, wood pallets are forgiving. People need to learn to refuse to do something if it's not safe. Just say no.

To refer to the above, he never did it again.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

zakharov posted:

Personally I would want my child to tell me quickly and urgently if they were vomiting blood.
So, like the child in the post above yours?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Switzerland
Feb 18, 2005
Do what thou must do.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7K-1oqCKkCg