Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

FizFashizzle posted:

Because the off duty cops are almost certainly culpable and they're trying to figure out a way to spin it. Obviously Mccoy has the money to fight charges unlike your typical victim of police incompetence/brutality.

They were probably tremendous drunk assholes and deserved having the poo poo beat out of them and McCoy should get some community service award, imho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Chinatown posted:

They were probably tremendous drunk assholes and deserved having the poo poo beat out of them and McCoy should get some community service award, imho.

#RBlivesmatter

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Speaking of cops targeting Black football players, American Crime Story is great, it's like a Lifetime miniseries for people who would never watch a Lifetime miniseries.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
just call it the OJ show on FX, no one refers to it by the anthology name

and yeah it's really good

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Pron on VHS posted:

just call it the OJ show on FX, no one refers to it by the anthology name

and yeah it's really good

All the stunt casting has paid off big time.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

whiteyfats posted:

The hell is Morley, Vantage and Pyramid? I smoke and don't know those brands.

I know pyramid and vantage are bargain smokes. If they're anything like the USA gold brand my mom used to get they're incredibly gross.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

NickRoweFillea posted:

marlboro camel american spirit pyramid vantage newport benson & hedges lucky strike pall mall morley

that was more difficult than i thought it would be

Morely was the fake brand in x-files i think

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Morely was the fake brand in x-files i think

yup, replace it with Virginia Slims or Parliaments

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Parmesan Basil posted:

Ryan Shazier deserves six.

:lol: Ryan Shazier has never even been so much as fined and Vontaze Burfict has shown that:

All this fuckin poo poo isn't enough.
(by the way those fines his rookie season was over 10% of his salary)

Though leave it to Parm Basil to take up a rational and well-reasoned position

Skwirl posted:

All the stunt casting has paid off big time.

Is Sarah Paulson any good in it? She's the one of the last redeeming features of American Horror Story but she's played a witch, conjoined twins and a heroin/murder/twitter ghost in consecutive seasons so her playing a real person is a different proposition entirely.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Actually if you adjust for era, Jim Plunkett and Eli Manning had almost exactly the same passer rating.

Rate+ is 98 for Plunkett and 99 for Manning. For reference, Rate+ is an index where 100 is league average for the seasons they played. Keep in mind Plunkett's early career took place when the league average passer rating for a season was hilariously low by modern standards.

Both guys were around average in most passing categories compared to their contemporaries. Eli really only stands out compared to Plunkett for his better than average (that is, low) sack rate.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

NickRoweFillea posted:

marlboro camel american spirit pyramid vantage newport benson & hedges lucky strike pall mall morley

that was more difficult than i thought it would be

No Parliament? Get the gently caress outta here...

Spoeank posted:

:lol: Ryan Shazier has never even been so much as fined and Vontaze Burfict has shown that:

Did he get fined for that hit, though? It was pretty poo poo.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Feb 12, 2016

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

There isn't a definition for a repeat offender so if Shazier hits Andrew Luck or something in the head on SNF and the media starts clucking its tongue over it he could now apparently sit for a month. The whole point I am making is that this sets up a new weird precedent, not that Burfict is actually a good guy or something.

e: Shazier is probably a bad example since I don't think he actually was fined. Replace him with half of the defenders in the league who do have multiple fines in their career.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
It's really not setting up this egregious precedent that you think it is

You could argue he should have been suspended already, looking (and taking into account his rep) at his rap sheet.

He went out of his way to injure someone, he did, on a national stage, causing an injury to a star player. An injury, by the way, highlighted by the media and Hollywood right now.

This poo poo isn't some sort of gross misrepresentation of justice. It's keep a known piece of poo poo from injuring other star players.

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Feb 12, 2016

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Goetta posted:

There isn't a definition for a repeat offender so if Shazier hits Andrew Luck or something in the head on SNF and the media starts clucking its tongue over it he could now apparently sit for a month. The whole point I am making is that this sets up a new weird precedent, not that Burfict is actually a good guy or something.

e: Shazier is probably a bad example since I don't think he actually was fined. Replace him with half of the defenders in the league who do have multiple fines in their career.

Shazier wasn't fined and the NFL defended that hit to the death solely because the NFL doesn't want to validate all the people who were throwing bottles at the game, well, that's just this poster's craaaaaazy opinion anyway.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

sean10mm posted:

Both guys were around average in most passing categories compared to their contemporaries. Eli really only stands out compared to Plunkett for his better than average (that is, low) sack rate.

Eli should probably learn to take a sack instead of throwing the ball away and stopping the clock.

antiga
Jan 16, 2013

You guys act like Roger is not constantly taking the temperature of the media and public outrage when determining/upholding punishments. That is why a guy went from zero to three games, it was a hit on a top 3 WR in a playoff game in prime time with twenty million people watching.

It just so happens that zero was too low in the first place, and it only stayed zero for so long because there wasn't enough bad publicity about it.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
If that Shazier hit was like... Paul Pozluszny on Jonathon Grimes in week five or something, you would go "huh that's helmet to helmet," and not gnash your teeth because Vontaze Burfict is the dumbest football player on earth and actively trying to injure people and you're trying to draw a parallel.

The hits aren't even close to being the same, other than the fact they both ended in concussions.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

If Burfict had Shazier's résumé and had crown-butted somebody in a head-on bang-bang play then he would be in Shazier's shoes instead of the Burfict shoes that are really bloody and have some bits of other peoples' brains and ligaments on them

*sighs and dramatically puts on Bengals scarf*

I mean I GUESS it's a conspiracy.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Spoeank posted:

If that Shazier hit was like... Paul Pozluszny on Jonathon Grimes in week five or something, you would go "huh that's helmet to helmet," and not gnash your teeth because Vontaze Burfict is the dumbest football player on earth and actively trying to injure people and you're trying to draw a parallel.

The hits aren't even close to being the same, other than the fact they both ended in concussions.

No one is trying to say Shazier should be suspended other than Parm trolling you, but the NFL actively said that hit was legal though which I'm sure even you can admit is absurd

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Chilichimp posted:

No Parliament? Get the gently caress outta here...

Or KOOL. I used to see ads for it in ski magazines, like :wtf: those don't go together at all.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

antiga posted:

You guys act like Roger is not constantly taking the temperature of the media and public outrage when determining/upholding punishments. That is why a guy went from zero to three games, it was a hit on a top 3 WR in a playoff game in prime time with twenty million people watching.

It just so happens that zero was too low in the first place, and it only stayed zero for so long because there wasn't enough bad publicity about it.

31 million. It was the highest rated wc game ever lmao

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

No one is trying to say Shazier should be suspended other than Parm trolling you, but the NFL actively said that hit was legal though which I'm sure even you can admit is absurd

My internet experience is more joyful when I think of him as incredibly stupid and fully sincere

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

ryan shazier gave giovani bernard a concussion! *audience starts laughing* and he wasn't penalized or fined or punished in any way!! *crowd starts hooting and hollering* and the nfl explicitly said what he did was perfectly ok!!!!! *people start rolling in the aisles and giving a standing ovation* also that is a completely arbitrary number of games to suspend burfict for!!!!!!!! *audience goes deathly silent, someone audibly coughs*

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

My internet experience is more joyful when I think of him as incredibly stupid and fully sincere

I'm glad you enjoy my company so much! Maybe it'll help you stay around after your team goes down the shitter :)

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

ryan shazier gave giovani bernard a concussion! *audience starts laughing* and he wasn't penalized or fined or punished in any way!! *crowd starts hooting and hollering* and the nfl explicitly said what he did was perfectly ok!!!!! *people start rolling in the aisles and giving a standing ovation* also that is a completely arbitrary number of games to suspend burfict for!!!!!!!! *audience goes deathly silent, someone audibly coughs*

[in Ralph Wiggum voice] Ryam Shazier should be suspended

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
If Gio Bernard wouldn't have been injured the Bengals would have won that game.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

He's only that way about Alex Smith.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

sean10mm posted:

Actually if you adjust for era, Jim Plunkett and Eli Manning had almost exactly the same passer rating.

Rate+ is 98 for Plunkett and 99 for Manning. For reference, Rate+ is an index where 100 is league average for the seasons they played. Keep in mind Plunkett's early career took place when the league average passer rating for a season was hilariously low by modern standards.

And neither should be in the HoF!

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

korrandark posted:

If Gio Bernard wouldn't have been injured the Bengals would have won that game.

Huh this statement still works if you replace Gio with AB

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Bears are not re-signing Matt Forte.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Perpetually injured and inconsistent and sometimes godlike running back Doug Martin is looking for an AP like deal in the off season. Lol good luck

Xir
Jul 31, 2007

I smell fan fiction...

Wilford Cutlery posted:

That's a pro level post/name combination. I'm imagining you're Cutler in a Brimley mustache reporting it as a "neutral" third party.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Goetta posted:

Huh this statement still works if you replace Gio with AB

I wonder how this season would have gone if they ejected Vince Williams *takes off Andy Dalton jersey* and Vontaze Burfict after they fought before the second regular season game in response to the murder threat

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Wilford Cutlery posted:

And here I thought they wanted to get better in the off season.

Always nice when a franchise waves the white flag before the season even starts.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I wonder how this season would have gone if they ejected Vince Williams *takes off Andy Dalton jersey* and Vontaze Burfict after they fought before the second regular season game in response to the murder threat

We would have won the Super Bowl

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

the murder threat

hahaha goddam this is never going to go away is it

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Don't let the Andy Dalton jersey leave your body

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

lol if you ever put on an Andy Dalton jersey

even if you are Dalton himself

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

TMMadman posted:

And here I thought they wanted to get better in the off season.

Always nice when a franchise waves the white flag before the season even starts.

When you have RB depth and tons of holes elsewhere, it makes sense to not resign Forte and instead use that money to upgrade the defense.

I would have loved to see him back, but I assume he wasn't willing to take a below market deal to stay with the team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Dalton is very cool actually

• Locked thread