Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I will never understand why this thread cares about Crowder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

ToastyPotato posted:

Her Superbowl performance cracked the feeble minds of right wingers. She had everyone from Peter King to Guiliani and more crying about the war on cops and how the Black Panthers were literally the KKK for black people.

In the entire history of the KKK have any of their leaders been assassinated by authorities, or followers bombed? Real question, I genuinely believe that it's never happened, making the wingnut comparison between them even more laughable, so I wonder if it has ever happened to them in kind?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Nonsense posted:

In the entire history of the KKK have any of their leaders been assassinated by authorities, or followers bombed? Real question, I genuinely believe that it's never happened, making the wingnut comparison between them even more laughable

US Grant gave a good try.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nonsense posted:

In the entire history of the KKK have any of their leaders been assassinated by authorities, or followers bombed?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlvU91VPXms&t=236s

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
I'll tell ya what, seeing a whole bunch of women dressed as black panthers as part of the Super Bowl brought a tear to my eye.

And all the rage was there, right on cue. These people think it's still the 60's.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Goons are easy to troll

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Rush informed me today that the ever increasing number of black alternate jerseys in the NFL is meant to appeal to gangs. He's utterly incapable of talking about football without being racist.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

it was the spanish, actually

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

Rush informed me today that the ever increasing number of black alternate jerseys in the NFL is meant to appeal to gangs. He's utterly incapable of talking about football without being racist.

Sounds like he's running out of material, because he's ripping off a terrible NYPost Phil Mushnick troll article from 4 years ago.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Kind of incredible that white people finally gathered the testicular fortitude after a hundred years to put a stop to Africans forcing White people to buy slaves, not only from overseas, but from within White people countries as well.

Truly, the outsized influence of the dark continent shone a large a shadow on our country's history, its policies making white people to keep Africans as slaves.

I am often surprised that these facts are not taught to our schoolchildren, for the fight for liberty to free itself from the clutches of Britain pales in comparison to the blood spilt to liberate itself from the shackles of African colonial policy.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Oh, we couldn't possibly...please...oh, well...if you insist

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Popular Thug Drink posted:

Yeap. It was white Americans that kept slavery going for many years after most of Europe gave it up. It was also white Americans that launched the American Civil War, the bloodiest war in the country's history, in order to keep slavery going.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Can someone explain to me, other than showing off his wedding ring, the reason he holds his hands like that? It doesn't really appear to be symbolic of anything and just looks uncomfortable.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

He's stimulating a pressure point to release endorphins to take his mind off the pain from his ACL tear.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

ToastyPotato posted:

Yeap. It was white Americans that kept slavery going for many years after most of Europe gave it up. It was also white Americans that launched the American Civil War, the bloodiest war in the country's history, in order to keep slavery going.

Shared responsibility for the negative actions of those in your racial demographic is for minorities, not white people.

Typical Pubbie fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Feb 12, 2016

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Deified Data posted:

Oh, we couldn't possibly...please...oh, well...if you insist

'We can't possibly take these people as slaves, it's immoral!'
'But sir! They're offering six slaves free for the price of one!'
*Bites knuckle* 'Dammit, how could we possibly turn down a deal this good!'

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Warcabbit posted:

I'm just curious why Crowder knows of Stephoknee and the plus sized model.

I mean, I didn't - you'd have to get pretty involved to get familiar with specifically terrible people like that.

I wonder if he has something to share with us about his inner feelings.

because they are easy targets for the alt right and fit into there anti-special snowflake messaging. it doesnt matter if assholes like stephoknee are outcasts and hated by their respective communties. the alt-right can say that all trans people are nutjob child fuckers.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Flaggy posted:

Can someone explain to me, other than showing off his wedding ring, the reason he holds his hands like that? It doesn't really appear to be symbolic of anything and just looks uncomfortable.

It's a pose that says "Please ignore my soft as poo poo baby face and take me seriously as I am a serious man thinking serious thoughts on the real world."

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

actualy Portuguese by a couple years. they basically took advantage of the inter tribal conflicts(losers were slaves, though i dont believe it was chattel slavery) and armed the stronger sides. then they got the slaves. so crowder is "right" in a sense, because slavery was there and the Portuguese/Spanish took advantage of ongoing conflicts, but the Europeans brought about the chattel race based slavery we know about. yes the ottomans had slavery too, but it was more roman kind of slavery then chattel. at the end of the day crowded is a prick.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
He's got big manly hands that he uses to do big manly work...

Not pictured: manly hands, man that works

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Patton Oswalt ‏@pattonoswalt 2h2 hours ago
Patton Oswalt Retweeted Erin Gloria Ryan
This...made me...so happy. God bless Triumph and seriously gently caress these helicopter-parented daffodils.

I'm getting fed up with this whole "PC CULTURE" nonsense.

I swear these idiots use the same talking point and freak out when like 5 college kids say something, and then just trot out all of these idiot strawman arguments.

"AWHH! THE PRECIOUS LITTLE SNOW FLAKES!!!!1"

"I CAN'T BELIEVE WE'RE SENDING OUR KIDS TO COLLEGE TO BE TAUGHT THIS! THIS IS ALL THANKS TO THE LEFT AND OBAMA!!!!1"

"DO A STEM DEGREE/APPRENTICE PROGRAM! THAN YOU WON'T HAVE TO DEAL WITH THIS CRAP!"

Jesus loving christ. The hell is wrong with someone attempting to show some form of self respect?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Fandom for Arthur probably, given the percentage of young millennials. :haw:

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

FuzzySkinner posted:

Patton Oswalt ‏@pattonoswalt 2h2 hours ago
Patton Oswalt Retweeted Erin Gloria Ryan
This...made me...so happy. God bless Triumph and seriously gently caress these helicopter-parented daffodils.

I'm getting fed up with this whole "PC CULTURE" nonsense.

I swear these idiots use the same talking point and freak out when like 5 college kids say something, and then just trot out all of these idiot strawman arguments.

"AWHH! THE PRECIOUS LITTLE SNOW FLAKES!!!!1"

"I CAN'T BELIEVE WE'RE SENDING OUR KIDS TO COLLEGE TO BE TAUGHT THIS! THIS IS ALL THANKS TO THE LEFT AND OBAMA!!!!1"

"DO A STEM DEGREE/APPRENTICE PROGRAM! THAN YOU WON'T HAVE TO DEAL WITH THIS CRAP!"

Jesus loving christ. The hell is wrong with someone attempting to show some form of self respect?

noted anti-obama comedian patton oswalt

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I feel like every right wing meme I see now ends up linking back to something from Australia. The one scare post of the jacked brown people turned out to be Aussie bodybuilders, now this:

I mean come on you can even see the Queen on the far left one, or someone with a very queenly profile as I couldn't find a better pic

I hate that I have to try to research and defend my beliefs to my peers, but on the right they can just make up whatever the hell they please and everybody will nod along.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
My favorite is "You fight for a $15 minimum wage. THEY FIGHT FOR YOUR ENTITLED rear end!"

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
lel stolen valor

just point that out because the right loves getting mad about that poo poo

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Typical Pubbie posted:

My favorite is "You fight for a $15 minimum wage. THEY FIGHT FOR YOUR ENTITLED rear end!"

I pointed out that since the dude is Aussie, if we housed him we WOULD be housing a refugee and so far no response. Probably I'll be banned from posting in their comments

Man, forgot to mention that it would be a single young male refugee with military training

Dead Cosmonaut posted:

lel stolen valor

just point that out because the right loves getting mad about that poo poo

I don't think it's stolen valor necessarily, it's just not a US serviceman for sure.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Take a drink every time you see "ARE TROOPS" in a FB feed. You'll be dead in an hour.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Epic High Five posted:

I feel like every right wing meme I see now ends up linking back to something from Australia. The one scare post of the jacked brown people turned out to be Aussie bodybuilders, now this:

I mean come on you can even see the Queen on the far left one, or someone with a very queenly profile as I couldn't find a better pic

I hate that I have to try to research and defend my beliefs to my peers, but on the right they can just make up whatever the hell they please and everybody will nod along.

You're trying to convince people to change their minds with evidence. They're trying to appeal to people who already believe in them by creating "evidence" that says they aren't terrible people for their terrible opinions.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

And it really kicked off when the British decided to stop it.
The Brits were main network nodes for slave trading, once that was put out of action only a few still kept shipping.
gently caress and this was like a century before the US.
So yay white americans being slow on the uptake with the rest of the world as usual.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Geostomp posted:

You're trying to convince people to change their minds with evidence. They're trying to appeal to people who already believe in them by creating "evidence" that says they aren't terrible people for their terrible opinions.

Actually lately I've been playing their game and enjoying it greatly. Making up my own narrative on the fly and posting stuff tagging them with no fact checking or critical thought at all. They spend all the time on the defensive and I get to trot around like Mr Know It All. It's been extremely liberating

If they want to respond with critical thinking and evidence then I've successfully brought them down to my level, where I can beat them with experience

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Just play Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag and all your questions about the origin of slavery will be answered.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Party of personal responsibility: "black people made us do it"

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Epic High Five posted:

Actually lately I've been playing their game and enjoying it greatly. Making up my own narrative on the fly and posting stuff tagging them with no fact checking or critical thought at all. They spend all the time on the defensive and I get to trot around like Mr Know It All. It's been extremely liberating

If they want to respond with critical thinking and evidence then I've successfully brought them down to my level, where I can beat them with experience

Teach me your ways, cause this sounds fun as hell but I just can't wrap my head around how to do it.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

SumYungGui posted:

Teach me your ways, cause this sounds fun as hell but I just can't wrap my head around how to do it.

See that's your first mistake, you're thinking at all. Find some left wing extremist facebook pages and share their stuff until you get a feel for how the zero-information grift goes, then just do random google image searches and invent a narrative that touches on whatever is in the news today.

NO NAMES, NO BACK STORY, NO SOURCES. This is key, do not fall into old habits, they will burn you in the wilds of nutjob country. Makes lots of heavy handed emotional appeals, you can't go too heavy here. Your job now is to make them do the job that you were doing before. If they try to prove you wrong that Trump did not, in fact, say he admired the communists in China during the Vietnam war and wished that America could embrace those values, then they've left their bubble and you are cleared to dunk. As ever with the right wing, be prepared to call them out for pivoting wildly

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

Lmao yeah violent street gangs. A real emerging market in tv watching.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Gee that's weird, Tony Perkins, Glenn Beck and Franklin Graham all coincidentally told their audiences today that there will never be another election if they don't vote for ted cruz in SC.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Gee that's weird, Tony Perkins, Glenn Beck and Franklin Graham all coincidentally told their audiences today that there will never be another election if they don't vote for ted cruz in SC.

They're probably right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Epic High Five posted:

I don't think it's stolen valor necessarily, it's just not a US serviceman for sure.

Anytime I see an rear end in a top hat trotting out 50+ medals I immediately think stolen valor