Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

apostateCourier posted:

I wonder if more than one flamer can apply heat at a time.

I was about to ask, firestarter with 8 flamers sound outright scary, or a flaming cheetah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Books are the real treasures of the world!
Fun Shoe

Random Number posted:

I like the part where flamers actually add heat now.

Flamers were always able to add heat. The only thing this patch changes is that heat will now be applied to the target robot in addition to the firing robot.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Lonjon posted:

Flamers were always able to add heat. The only thing this patch changes is that heat will now be applied to the target robot in addition to the firing robot.

:pgi:

How many years? How many?

Beraiye
Oct 27, 2014

Buff Butler posted:

That match was really funny, because the MS 'drop commander' realizes that he's the only person in the match with ERLLs and sends the rest of his team in to get clobbered under someone else's watch while he pads his damage numbers splashing arms, legs, and torsos to basically no effect. He then pulls the only guy in his entire drop with a brain aside and berates him for pointing out how goddamn stupid they are for getting blown out the exact same way four times in a row.

This is after he spends the entire match bitching at everyone on his team and blaming the 'prospects' with his voice boosted +20dB.

They're really chill, though. Seriously.

Was the commander named Sad Panda? Cause that sounds like Naz. I played other games with him and he did the same thing, and I know he's an MS drop commander now.

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Internet Explorer posted:

:pgi:

How many years? How many?

They've only added and removed heat generation on the target like three times now. I give it a week before it's decided that once again Flamers generate too much Fun for the user while sucking it all out of the recipient.

Unhappy Meal fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Feb 12, 2016

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
Blackjack structure quirks also got cut in half. Still p. good but no longer the apex murdergod

the AC/2 one got an additional 10% cooldown boost though, so that's fun!

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Fun Shoe

Unhappy Meal posted:

They've only added and removed heat generation on the target like three times now. I give it a week before it's decided that once again Flamers generate too much Fun for the user while sucking it all out of the recipient.

When you think about it, isn't generating fun for the wielder and notfun for the recipient the goal of all weapons?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Lonjon posted:

When you think about it, isn't generating fun for the wielder and notfun for the recipient the goal of all weapons?

getting shot as an Atlas is fun because you feel like Mark Hunt wading through punches to land one of your gigantic fists right on the other guy's fragile chin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3wDvvJONZA

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

That Gobbo posted:

What mech has the most flamer hardpoints?

Lunchback and commoners gargoyle

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Fun Shoe
The Executioner and the Hunchback 4p have lots of flamer mounts.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
anybody know what the 30 kmdd achievement gives?
the 4 of each class seem to be 250k bills and 3 clan matches are 1000xp

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
pretty sure the nova can manage 14

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

You can put 13 on a Stormcrow.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
in fact the Nova can do 14

NVA-PRIME

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Amount of Damage per second has been decreased from 0.7 to 0.1.

This is a typo right?

It's supposed to be .7 to 1.0.....right?

The way it's written means flamers do no damage at all.

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Fun Shoe

veedubfreak posted:

Amount of Damage per second has been decreased from 0.7 to 0.1.

This is a typo right?

It's supposed to be .7 to 1.0.....right?

The way it's written means flamers do no damage at all.

I think that's correct. The idea is that flamers do almost no physical damage, instead they do heat and mental damage.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Rifleman quirks are out

https://mwomercs.com/news/2016/02/1471-new-mech-details-for-16feb2016-patch

It seems woefully :mediocre:

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Those quirks seem really poor.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
Was hoping that the energy based one would have some decent laser quirks. They want you to PPC that poo poo when they did those for all the Warhammers. Oh well, 3C and N could work out for ballistics. But yeah, overall... Meh

vvv That vvv

Stringbean fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Feb 12, 2016

Supraluminal
Feb 17, 2012
Maybe they should make stock PPCs actually not terrible instead of giving every mech under the Sun a bunch of quirks for them.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

an_effort_was_made.jpg

:negative:

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
You could be a real rear end in a top hat with the +25% AC5 cooldown on that one rifleman

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
4 Private matches is the Spring Hula Girl cockpit item.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Got the Ox Blood color, 1 day premium time, a locket and 2x250,000 Cbills so far

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Bolow posted:

an_effort_was_made.jpg

:negative:

i_feel_your_pain.jpg

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Losing an assault game when you're up 9-0 blows and I can't wait for this poo poo mode to get a bullet to the head.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Oh Snapple! posted:

Losing an assault game when you're up 9-0 blows and I can't wait for this poo poo mode to get a bullet to the head.

gotta defend that base man

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Pattonesque posted:

pretty sure the nova can manage 14

Alright. Flamer math time for everyone.

To overheat an Elited mech within 4.75s that's boating nothing but heat sinks you would need...

Singles (53 HS, 136.32 Heat Cap, -9.72 h/s)
9 Flamers

IS Doubles (20 HS, 96 Heat Cap, -6.09 h/s)
6 Flamers

Clan Doubles (31 HS, 100.92 Heat Cap, -7.57 h/s)
7 Flamers

Note: Those are theoretical maximum heat sinks you can cram into something, there are no mechs that can actually fit that many. All numbers based on what Smurfy is telling me the Internal/External values are.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

hemale in pain posted:

Can I get an invite to the goon unit? I think i got missed before :( my in-game name is nonesuch and I don't mind which unit

I actually had to log in and invite this person. Way to keep up with the invites dickweeds.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
appearently assists get a color, according to chat.
surprisingly, its said to be red.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Pattonesque posted:

gotta defend that base man

I think that when you excel at what the game ostensibly revolves around (blowing up other mechs) to point of blowing the other team out 9-0, some tacked on objective shouldn't take precedence.

That said I have no loving clue what our lights were doing and it never should have happened.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Oh Snapple! posted:

I hope they never consider listening to this

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

Anita Dickinme posted:

I actually had to log in and invite this person. Way to keep up with the invites dickweeds.

Has all the newbirds been promoted so they can invite? If yes, then my bad. If not, there's the reason for invites not happening almost immediately.

Oh Snapple! posted:

I think that when you excel at what the game ostensibly revolves around (blowing up other mechs) to point of blowing the other team out 9-0, some tacked on objective shouldn't take precedence.

That said I have no loving clue what our lights were doing and it never should have happened.

Have you never played CTF or King of the Hill in any FPS? There's a chance in MWO that people decide to play a certain game mode. In those instances your primary objective is to capture points or enemy base. Secondary would be defending ones own. Tertiary is blowing up mechs. I think you're confusing Skirmish for every mode.

e: I personally hate when people whine in a match that would have been won by player kills but was lost due to cap. The game mode states capture or conquest. Is there some e-bushido we have to follow because you failed to see poo poo was being taken by a no armed light.

Stringbean fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Feb 13, 2016

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Stringbean posted:

Has all the newbirds been promoted so they can invite? If yes, then my bad. If not, there's the reason for invites not happening almost immediately.

I don't know about WoL, but everyone in GIRL is.

I expect better from proper ladies.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
Assault is great and it's skirmish that blows, and you get a hell of a lot of warning if your base is being capped. The opposing team clearly chose to use your kill frenzy against you like some kind of judo move. Just accept it and move on.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Stringbean posted:

Have you never played CTF or King of the Hill in any FPS? There's a chance in MWO that people decide to play a certain game mode. In those instances your primary objective is to capture points or enemy base. Secondary would be defending ones own. Tertiary is blowing up mechs. I think you're confusing Skirmish for every mode.

Most other games don't have the speed disparities found in MWO, completely hosing you if the few people on your team who can realistically interfere don't even bother.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

Oh Snapple! posted:

Most other games don't have the speed disparities found in MWO, completely hosing you if the few people on your team who can realistically interfere don't even bother.

I assume you've never played WoT.

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

Surprise Giraffe posted:

You could be a real rear end in a top hat with the +25% AC5 cooldown on that one rifleman

Kind of a shame it only gets two ballistic hardpoints. Just one more and it'd be a massive improvement. Still, you could probably pump out a lot of lead with an AC/5 cooldown module on top of that 25%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Stringbean posted:

I assume you've never played WoT.

Why would anyone

• Locked thread