Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
bump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frunksock
Feb 21, 2002

Maps are good, game is good.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Game is much better now. Had some really good games this weekend and we even made the entire team on the other side rage quit lol.

shankerz
Dec 7, 2014

Must Go Faster!!!!!

xyigx posted:

Game is much better now. Had some really good games this weekend and we even made the entire team on the other side rage quit lol.

That is awesome. Is Jeremy still running about with his doubble barrel shotgun of death?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hi friends

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

I was hoping to pick this up cheap now that it's been a while, nope they still want £60

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Yeah it's tucking dumb, especially with the PC pop where it is.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
It had been on sale for like 25 bucks for a week or two just last month.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
play game

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

gently caress you i won't do what you tell me

(i'm working but i would)

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

who wants to play a video game later tonight

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

TubeStank posted:

who wants to play a video game later tonight

I will be around.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i dont play games

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Eonwe posted:

i dont play games

im gonna kick your rear end!!!!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
everyone play this tonight

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Ok

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Eonwe posted:

everyone play this tonight

I played hardline tonight and it did not go well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnJ43sIixhg

frunksock
Feb 21, 2002

Was anyone else on the server seeing that? Do you see it when you play BF4? I've never seen anything like that playing either game, except when for awhile in BF4 when I had a switch that was dropping a lot of packets.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

What have they changed in this game recently? I haven't played it since the expansion came out.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

2 dlc have come out.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
every single premium map is better than the original maps with the exception of black friday which in the few minutes I played seemed like the new grinder map

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Do get premium you dummies

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

frunksock posted:

Was anyone else on the server seeing that? Do you see it when you play BF4? I've never seen anything like that playing either game, except when for awhile in BF4 when I had a switch that was dropping a lot of packets.

"A little" and "nope" in that order.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

TubeStank posted:

Do get premium you dummies

Lol only if it drops to $10 or less. To few servers otherwise.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Premium maps real good and there are servers there too!

Not kidding all but 1 are better than the stock maps.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

The thing is, not getting premium is dumb, but getting it for this dead game at the price they want for it is even dumber.

Almost Honest
Aug 17, 2009
How come this game died? The gunplay is way better than BF4 and there are no stat padders sitting in tanks all day picking you off in the awful wide open maps.

It's probably just that my playstyle (run at poo poo with infantry) doesn't gel with BF4, I guess.

Anyway, RIP.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Almost Honest posted:

How come this game died? The gunplay is way better than BF4 and there are no stat padders sitting in tanks all day picking you off in the awful wide open maps.

It's probably just that my playstyle (run at poo poo with infantry) doesn't gel with BF4, I guess.

Anyway, RIP.

Hotwire is the most fun gamemode I have played in any Battlefield game. :(

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Rurea posted:

Hotwire is the most fun gamemode I have played in any Battlefield game. :(

It's fun when there isn't C4 or RPG spamming going on.

Also, Battlefront was about as mediocre as it gets, in my opinion.

Daman
Oct 28, 2011
this game is pretty much on par w battlefront. both will prob die the same death.

lmao at there being like 4 servers for my region at all populated and EA refusing to sell it at a reasonable price like $5

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
So the season pass plus game is 45 bucks on psn, worth it?

It's either this or Payday 2 but I dunno how hosed PD2 is on consolss.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Daman posted:

this game is pretty much on par w battlefront. both will prob die the same death.

lmao at there being like 4 servers for my region at all populated and EA refusing to sell it at a reasonable price like $5

no see that's cheapening intellectual properties

better to charge full price for a multiplayer game with a flagging userbase providing zero incentive for community growth

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

The faster this game dies, the more money they save by not having to maintain/support servers for it. They only released it at all to recoup the money they put in to it, wasn't it originally pushed back a year due to the lukewarm reception of the original beta? The faster they can get it off the books, the less of a financial liability it is for 2016.

Jimby
Jan 20, 2015

striveforeXcellence
Been awhile since I posted in the Battlefield Hardline thread. Haven't played much. Got Sepsis and almost died but my "sick headshots" did land me in the Battlefield Hardline credits :shrug:

Jimby
Jan 20, 2015

striveforeXcellence

Jimby posted:

Been awhile since I posted in the Battlefield Hardline thread. Haven't played much. Got Sepsis and almost died but my "sick headshots" did land me in the Battlefield Hardline credits :shrug:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Who is ready to ring in the new year with BATTLEFIELD: HARDLINE: GETAWAY?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy5JxoAQEqQ

Drop the clutch, lay on the gas, and hold on to your seats, because Battlefield™ Hardline is gearing up for its most explosive expansion yet! Whether you’re making a dusty, high-speed escape across the Mexican border, or closing in on a hot pursuit along the sun-drenched Pacific coast, you’ll be chasing glory at top speed when you play Battlefield™ Hardline: Getaway.

So I guess more car chase-centric modes and maps?

Jimby posted:

That's actually pretty cool.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
What a pointless thing to release. I'm sure all 12 people still playing will have a blast.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
So, it’s all come down to this. You’ve assembled a crew, pulled off the perfect heist, and made a whirlwind escape from the police. Now, there are enemies lurking in the frozen shadows, dark figures hiding behind crumbling mausoleums, and confrontations brewing in back alleys and federal prisons. Battlefield™ Hardline: Betrayal* is coming this March 2016, and brings new maps, weapons, vehicles, and more.

Here’s what’s on deck for owners of Battlefield™ Hardline: Betrayal…

Four intricate maps: Alcatraz, Cemetery, Chinatown, and Thin Ice
7 new weapons
2 new vehicles
Customize primary weapons and uniforms with the Gun Bench Super Feature, and test them at the Gun Range
New Assignments and Legendary weapon camos
In addition, all users will receive a base game update that includes 11 new weapons and new server presets. After the update, every Gold Battlepack you open may also contain a weapon license voucher – a Distinguished class item that unlocks an entire weapon license. Check the forums when the update is released for our official patch notes to learn all about the stability and usability improvements that will be included in this upcoming release.

Battlefield™ Hardline: Betrayal is bursting with new experiences, whether you’re customizing your weapons and uniforms with the Gun Bench or getting into gunfights in Alcatraz. Get ready – it’s coming for Battlefield Hardline Premium members in March 2016.

Uh wtf swords?

And suddenly, Battlefield became an anime

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Cardboard Box A posted:

Uh wtf swords?

And suddenly, Battlefield became an anime
Well, have to try and actually sell more copies somehow, seeing as anyone who actually likes Battlefield is still playing 4. Might as well try to tap the demographic.

Hadlock posted:

The faster this game dies, the more money they save by not having to maintain/support servers for it. They only released it at all to recoup the money they put in to it, wasn't it originally pushed back a year due to the lukewarm reception of the original beta? The faster they can get it off the books, the less of a financial liability it is for 2016.
The annoying thing is, EA are probably going to use Hardline as a excuse to close down on Visceral, considering they already stank up the Dead Space franchise with their meddling in the third game.

Some of us were still hoping for another installment to come after DS3 that EA would keep their hands off so it can go back to a proper horror, or at least RE4 in space like DS2 was. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dead space 3 was actually good.

• Locked thread