Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
:laffo: at the people seriously reviewing the album off of a lovely rear end tidal live stream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I want to hear that silver surfer intermission

Poppy Nogood
May 26, 2014

Dexo posted:

:laffo: at the people seriously reviewing the album off of a lovely rear end tidal live stream.

honestly I feel stupid even listening to it for the first time on the stream

3peat
May 6, 2010

this has been too much of a rollercoaster im feeling sick i want off
glad new version of facts is in cause it owns

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I feel very happy I didn't listen to the stream yeah

Not An Irish Monk
May 1, 2009
that new version of facts sounded hard, can't believe i'm actually looking forward to hearing that track again

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Dexo posted:

lmao I mean I gave my thoughts about the information I had at the time, but I guess everyone who tuned into the stream was given bad information.

Thanks Yeezy.

"I guess a blowjob's better than no job."

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

lmao I mean I gave my thoughts about the information I had at the time, but I guess everyone who tuned into the stream was given bad information.

Thanks Yeezy.

"I guess a blowjob's better than no job."

Nah, giving your thoughts about what you heard is fine, but like websites and publications were seriously out here doing full long form reviews and poo poo of the unfinished songs and acting like that was it.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Wait the songs were unfinished?

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Wolves was unfinished I hope, loving phone post

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

goldblums eyes posted:

Wait the songs were unfinished?

Some of them yeah. Pt 1 and 2 was just one song, It's split to two. Wolves was reported as unfinished IIRC. The Kanye song was just like one verse(dunno if it's more)

Kanye is frequently known to change poo poo around til the literal last minute.

Being able to digitally release whenever was the worse thing that could happen to someone like him honestly.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Every Kanye album is unfinished until its completely out for real. See: MBDTF theres like different versions of those songs everywhere

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

:getin:
I feel like the last twenty pages are people open beta testing an album. Hopefully the album launch is good

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
He said its out today so guess we will find out

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Kanye had a fashion show but called it a listening party instead. And really, a public for pay listening party is just a concert for music you never heard. Kanye is like trolling himself and fans into just a regular show with 0 % of the effort and marketing for other stuff nobody wants.

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

These are the secrets of death we teach.
I wonder if changing everything about the album will continue even after its released. Like 15 minutes after it comes out he changes the whole tracklist again.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

temple posted:

Kanye had a fashion show but called it a listening party instead. And really, a public for pay listening party is just a concert for music you never heard. Kanye is like trolling himself and fans into just a regular show with 0 % of the effort and marketing for other stuff nobody wants.

I mean. It was still a fashion show.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Kys

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Lord Krangdar posted:

I wonder if changing everything about the album will continue even after its released. Like 15 minutes after it comes out he changes the whole tracklist again.
"iTunes tracklist in the wrong order. REAL TRACKLIST:"

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

weren't there like 3 or 4 versions of Yeezus depending on which iTunes region you got vs CD

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

So is this coming out or what?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Vince MechMahon posted:

So is this coming out or what?
He said it's coming today but I don't think it's out yet.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Dexo posted:

Nah, giving your thoughts about what you heard is fine, but like websites and publications were seriously out here doing full long form reviews and poo poo of the unfinished songs and acting like that was it.
Oh I see what you were talking about. Pitchfork named Ultra Light Beam as Best New Track and the only version out there is the one from the Tidal stream, lol

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/17987-kanye-west-ultra-light-beam-ft-chance-the-rapper-the-dream-and-kelly-price/

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Kanye could release an album that's just 40 minutes of armpit farts and Pitchfork would still rate it 8.5 or higher.

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.
I just realized that even after death David Bowie continues to predict Kanye's career.

First he put his name on an album cover almost exactly Five Years before he was born

Now, 11 days before Kanye revealed his latest album title, the official YouTube page for David Bowie randomly uploaded an old live performance of the song "Pablo Picasso" (a Modern Lovers cover.)

'Pablo Picasso never got called an rear end in a top hat'

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Oh I see what you were talking about. Pitchfork named Ultra Light Beam as Best New Track and the only version out there is the one from the Tidal stream, lol

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/17987-kanye-west-ultra-light-beam-ft-chance-the-rapper-the-dream-and-kelly-price/

I mean this song is really dope. Chance is so good on it

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Every time I'm in the street I hear TLOP TLOP TLOP

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Kanye stop loving with the album and put it on iTunes

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Droopy Goines posted:

I just realized that even after death David Bowie continues to predict Kanye's career.

First he put his name on an album cover almost exactly Five Years before he was born

Now, 11 days before Kanye revealed his latest album title, the official YouTube page for David Bowie randomly uploaded an old live performance of the song "Pablo Picasso" (a Modern Lovers cover.)

'Pablo Picasso never got called an rear end in a top hat'

Kanye and Bowie would've made beautiful babies music together.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Slate Action posted:

Kanye could release an album that's just 40 minutes of armpit farts and Pitchfork would still rate it 8.5 or higher.

Hey man Jay-Z had like 30 minutes of verses on watch the throne, tops.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Yeezy pls

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Yeezy season aborted

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Kanye seems to have gotten really up his own rear end and not in a good way.

Plus that Taylor Swift line is really gross, as is his whining about PC culture on Twitter.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Ah so just discovered this Kanye West person have you

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

There's like 5 hours left in the day at this point, so Yeezy better release it soo--hahahaha he's not gonna fuckin put it out today who am i kidding

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
that line is gross and kanye didnt make taylor swift famous

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
I bet he's sittin' on the couch going "UGUHGGHHHHH OKAY OKAY JUST ONE MORE EPISODE OF NEW GIRL AND THEN I'LL FINISH THE ALBUM" like a college student the night before a paper is due

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Coffee And Pie posted:

Kanye seems to have gotten really up his own rear end and not in a good way.

Plus that Taylor Swift line is really gross, as is his whining about PC culture on Twitter.

Sweet post from 2008 pussy

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

There's like 5 hours left in the day at this point, so Yeezy better release it soo--hahahaha he's not gonna fuckin put it out today who am i kidding

Yeah it's just not coming out. Also I don't care about the Swift line because she is generic and boring and bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
The lyric is dumb and gross but it's no where near the most misogynistic lyric he's written.

See: his verse in Monster

Bass Bottles fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Feb 13, 2016

• Locked thread