Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Reverse Centaur posted:

Or am I dating myself with a Geocities reference? :(

Well you've certainly reminded me of a historical embarrassment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Reverse Centaur posted:

Autocorrect ate a word. Should have said "I wonder how many ps4 theme users also had unreadable Geocities webpages," in reference to the busy backgrounds people used on those.

Or am I dating myself with a Geocities reference? :(

a busy background matters when you are trying to read text on it but not so much when your entire interface is large 4 inch icons

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
Why is nobody pointing out the PS4 Transistor theme :confused:

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.
im late but ff7 is really ugly, and incredibly bad

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

Emalde posted:

It's nice, and was on sale for like 34 cents not too long ago.

I know it's never going to happen, but I wish we could customise a little bit more. I'd love to be able to choose sounds from one theme but the background of another.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Corn Love Forever isn't even available on the european PSN store, we should start a campaign to fix this terrible mistake :mad:

Big fan of the Aqua Kitty themes though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfxrQMQX6_A

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Captain Novolin posted:

im late but ff7 is really ugly, and incredibly bad

Turn your monitor on

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

FF9 just dropped for mobile phones today. Any chatter on whether they'll release it for PS4 like they did 7?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There's been no mention of it being on PS4 at all yet, unfortunately. It's mobile/PC only at the moment.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Emalde posted:

This and the Axiom Verge theme. No matter what theme I'm using, I find myself always going back to the Axiom Verge one.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

error1 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfxrQMQX6_A
Oh man, they actually timed it to the music :allears:

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
I use that paper boats one or whatever and I think it's pretty good. that, the Journey one, and the 20th anniversary are what I rotate between

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Sakurazuka posted:

There's been no mention of it being on PS4 at all yet, unfortunately. It's mobile/PC only at the moment.

Isn't it available on PS3, PSP, vita and vita tv? Or do you just mean the port with the "cheats"?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Captain Yossarian posted:

Isn't it available on PS3, PSP, vita and vita tv? Or do you just mean the port with the "cheats"?

I mean the port with the speed up option to make the game playable, yes

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.

Tesseraction posted:

Where did you give up in Final Fantasy 9? It's my favourite so I'm curious where it put people off (not that there's anything wrong with it not being to your taste!).

Its been years so i honestly dont remember. I might have lied a bit and not played it quite as much as others. I do remember liking the style way better than 7 or 8.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Sakurazuka posted:

I mean the port with the speed up option to make the game playable, yes

I would argue the game is 100% playable right now, as is. BUT those QoL improvements do make FF7 better so I get what you're saying

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I played the PAL version :(

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

strategery posted:

Its been years so i honestly dont remember. I might have lied a bit and not played it quite as much as others. I do remember liking the style way better than 7 or 8.

It's okay, I'm not trying to catch you out! But if you do get the chance I feel like it's worth giving another go, but again, only my opinion. :)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Captain Yossarian posted:

I would argue the game is 100% playable right now, as is. BUT those QoL improvements do make FF7 better so I get what you're saying

He's talking about FF9

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FFIX is excellent but the slow battle speed does get annoying after a while, I would love it if they ported the new version to PS4

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I'm sure they will, I was just hoping somebody had heard. They'll probably wait a few months for their mobile sales to decline and then release it. It's "on sale" right now for $16ish, but full price is $20. Not too many people would pay that on the PS4, I think.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

error1 posted:

Corn Love Forever isn't even available on the european PSN store, we should start a campaign to fix this terrible mistake :mad:

Why do you not have a US account so you can buy poo poo there when it's cheaper/only available on the US store? PS3 and 4 are both region free, so if you buy something on the US account, you can still play it on your main account. Just buy US PSN codes on Amazon US (filling in a bogus US address so Amazon will let you make the purchase), and you're good to go re: funding.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

In Training posted:

He's talking about FF9

Yes I know? I was saying that I 1) think ff9 is playable as is and 2) I can see what he means, because similar improvements were made to ff7...

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
corn love

Neron
Jan 14, 2008

error1 posted:

Seconding this. Had this one for the longest time, now using Journey theme though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NPAJIu9GwQ

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
I feel like IX's encounter rate was way lower than some other FFs. Like I ran through entire areas encountering like 1-3 mobs sometimes.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Flash Sale!

A gazillion things. Divinity Original Sin and Diablo III for $24 look to be the standouts. Huge list though.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Is Lego jurassic Park good for 20 bucks? Does it have coop and some good Lego humor?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Sweet, grabbed Defense Grid 2 for the PS4, $3.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Grabbed Soul Sacrfice Delta. I had the original from PS+, but that doesn't work on the PSTV while the updated version does.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Ineffiable posted:

Is Lego jurassic Park good for 20 bucks? Does it have coop and some good Lego humor?

Well I sure hope so, cause I just bought it. Thanks Obama.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I'm really enjoying Siege so far. Would recommend picking it up in the sale. It's a lot less one dimensional than I feared.

PSN leidend if you want to play with a fellow noob.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
39 cents for Yorbie? Why the hell not.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

nothing for me this time around on ps4 but good deals on games for sure. vita selection is rear end though apart from ssd

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

drat it, why does america get all the good deals and we're stuck with a horrible exchange rate

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Can you import stuff from Soul Sacrifice to Delta if you have a physical copy?

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
I got Diablo III, i never played a Diablo game before, but it got good reviews, i figured it was worth a shot.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Shnag posted:

I got Diablo III, i never played a Diablo game before, but it got good reviews, i figured it was worth a shot.

It's a GREAT couch chill-out game.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

its a good game now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

you just plop down and kill stuff. its cool. play on the highest difficulty of you will never ever die though

• Locked thread