Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the spinning l2 or whichever will hit them through their armor. But then you got to deal with having no stamina in a mob of spiders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Pookum posted:

Mostly dodging away from bolts and into spiders. At first I was trying to kill all the spiders which is why I died so much.

I was stuck on Rom for a long time, but what did it for me was when I figured out the right distance to keep from Rom so I could dodge the AoE attacks but not trigger the homing bolts.

SciFiDownBeat posted:

what was your build/main wep when you beat him the first time versus now

My evolution was away from heavy-hitters like the axe, kirkhammer, and Ludwig's sword to faster one-handed weapons.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
rom is a really good implementation of the "ignore the mobs, attack the master" boss. i've found it easiest when i get into a pattern where i clump the spiders together, lure them away, and then focus on rom herself.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
beast blood pellet and kill the spiders, hitting rom when you can

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
kill the first spider wave and then ignore the rest is the pro way to do it

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

rediscover posted:

Nah that's the scrub way.

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
My friend summoned me to help with rom, we killed all the spiders that initially spawn, applied bolt paper, and wooped its rear end so fast it bugged out and didn't teleport or spawn more spiders lol. We are powerful gamers

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

best tactic for fighting rom is to do crazy hit and run tactics, its rad sprinting in, ducking and weaving the army of instakill spiders and smackin' rom in their big dumb vacuous head.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

rediscover posted:

Pro is no spider kills

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

Nah that's the scrub way.

thats how i do it haha. i can do it any way though. promise

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Hey guys, I'm stuck again. I just beat the witches of Hemwick and I dunno where to go. I took the other path from Vicar Amelias room and made it to another grabby invisible monster thing... pretty cool but idk where I can go now.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Austrian mook posted:

Hey guys, I'm stuck again. I just beat the witches of Hemwick and I dunno where to go. I took the other path from Vicar Amelias room and made it to another grabby invisible monster thing... pretty cool but idk where I can go now.

Search for a path in the courtyard with all the giant guys.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Evil Eagle posted:

Search for a path in the courtyard with all the giant guys.

The one just down the stairs from Vicar Amelias crib?

E: Near where u access the dlc?

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
the year is 2069 and gamers still can't agree on what's the good amount of spiders to kill

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

what may be the cool way to kill them to one gamer is the gay style of killing them to another.. it's a point of contention in the gaming community to be quite honest

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Austrian mook posted:

The one just down the stairs from Vicar Amelias crib?

E: Near where u access the dlc?

The big courtyard behind the door that you needed the hunter chief emblem to unlock with two (now asleep) giants.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Foxhound posted:

The big courtyard behind the door that you needed the hunter chief emblem to unlock with two (now asleep) giants.

Idk if I actually got that.... I think I used the skip you get from beating the BSB

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Austrian mook posted:

Idk if I actually got that.... I think I used the skip you get from beating the BSB

Well it's that courtyard anyway, there is a path that is open now. If you explored fully before whacking Amelia you probably ran into it.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
if you wanna kill the spiders then heck, who am I to stop you. if you dont wanna kill the spiders then I say live and let live. either way is good and I think people should walk a middle ground in this and in stuff like politics too

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I kill 69 spiders

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

In Training posted:

I kill 69 spiders

I kill 420 spiders, which is the weed number

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
Other than speedrunning is there any logical reason not to kill the first wave of spiders? Rom is just sitting there, and you're getting rid of potential hazards for phases 2 and 3 of the battle.

Good.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

smokeing weed getting high while gaming ftw :D :D pimp zone !!!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Eileen the Crow: F. Gasc. What the gently caress up

Father Gascoigne: Awww poo poo it's the motherfucking Crow

Eileen the Crow: Come hit this poo poo, Hunter.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Eileen does not smoke weed.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
She is very strong

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Evil Eagle posted:

Eileen does not smoke weed.

theres no way to know that the incense inside her nose thing isnt weed. that headgear fights frenzy pretty hard

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Eileen tokes for sure. She told me

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

A bubbler is a bubbler, even in a dream

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Budborne

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Kush, or as some say; Kushm

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tonight...Gerhman smokes the blunt

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Mismokehash, Host of the Blaze Sesh

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

frank.club posted:

Tonight...Gerhman smokes the blunt

lol

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
[Says highly] dude... Awakened above ground wolud be a cool band name

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

i almost beat orphan today. i had 20 vials and he was a visceral away from his end and my hands felt like fire but he hit me 3 times in a row and i died.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

:ohdear:

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
[OoK after hitting some loud (code word for good weed)] Rahhhhh! Wrrrrraaaaaaa!
[The One Reborn] woah dude! Chillllll!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Toker Amelia