Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I'm waiting for the authentic Joseph fedora, then I'll combine it with the Kakyoin Shades and Polnareff earrings to guarantee that any risk of ever having sex again is truly gone.

What about the Kira tie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That would get you laid, which is counter productive to all the rest.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You don't get JoJo march to get laid you get JoJo mercy to get Made in Heaven

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

That would get you laid, which is counter productive to all the rest.

It should get you a handjob, at least.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

hoobajoo posted:

lol

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

hoobajoo posted:

The first time I saw this post, with puns on its word... How do I say this... I had a boner.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

You don't need the fashion to get you laid it's all about the vogue

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Only now did I click on the other glasses shots to see that the signature says tenmei kakyoin. :3: :allears:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
that's like, the fake name he signed in enya's notebook right

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

alcharagia posted:

that's like, the fake name he signed in enya's notebook right
On this page Araki apparently says Kakyoin's first name was always Tenmei and has personally always called him such, so I dunno where we got Noriaki from. Another reading I guess?

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

He explains it in Kakyoin's Jojonium, yeah. His first name can be read as Noriaki or Tenmei, but his editor put it down as Noriaki. It wasn't really what Araki intended but he laughs it off now as something like when your mom and dad call you one name but your friends call you another.

e: that's the same interview where he says that Kakyoin would probably have been good friends with Josuke more than Jotaro (a thing that makes me sincerely happy), since Jotaro and Kakyoin are kinda different personality-wise.

Okuyasu Nijimura fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Feb 13, 2016

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Moltrey posted:

On this page Araki apparently says Kakyoin's first name was always Tenmei and has personally always called him such, so I dunno where we got Noriaki from. Another reading I guess?

It's the reading the editor went with.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

e: that's the same interview where he says that Kakyoin would probably have been good friends with Josuke more than Jotaro (a thing that makes me sincerely happy), since Jotaro and Kakyoin are kinda different personality-wise.
This is really cute and I love it. Where's the arc where Holly visits Morioh with her new boyfriend Kakyoin to vist her little brother?

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Moltrey posted:

This is really cute and I love it. Where's the arc where Holly visits Morioh with her new boyfriend Kakyoin to vist Holly's little brother.>

well why else do you think irene's dad would be in such a bad mood

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
but then jotaro meets kakyoin's mom and it becomes the jojo version of this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0DeIqJm4vM

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Started my Jojo LP thread if anyone's interested in something like that.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I have a question about the ending of Stardust Crusaders. Mainly, I'm wondering how DIO lost. He seemed a lot more durable before sucking Joseph's blood, but then he died pretty quickly after the powerup from being punched in the leg really hard?

I had never really thought about it before, honestly, but it just struck me as odd when I was talking to a friend. I guess Jotaro being pissed off makes crazy things happen.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Really? You thought he was durable before? As far as I remember it, Jotaro's punches were shredding him like wet tissue paper before. Like, he punches Dio in the head and gives him brain damage and everything. And I think getting hit in the knee makes his stand shatter, and well, the damage transfers across.

Lynx Winters
May 1, 2003

Borderlawns: The Treehouse of Pandora
Didn't he also get punched in the leg that he had to reattach earlier?

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

He's not at all durable, he just has the ability to heal himself but I don't even know how effective that's supposed to be in our minds (like when he fixes his leg, is it totally fixed? like good as new?) So what it takes is one hit so forceful that it fucks him totally so he can't heal it, and that's what Jotaro finally got in when he hit Maximum Mad.

That said, even recognizing that there's a lot of Stand poo poo happening all across the board that doesn't really make sense, that one in particular is kind of confusing to me.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
All taking Joseph's blood seemed to do for DIO was increase the length of his time stop. He was also able to break like three of Jotaro's bones and launch him like three blocks, but DIO could probably always do that.

Just kind of assume that DIO just shattering was brought on by Jotaro being Really Pissed Off. I feel like once you look past the setpiece aspect of the DIO fight (the knives, the stop sign, ROAD ROLLER DA), it can be a bit ehhhhh. It doesnt feel like it plays together as well as like Bites the Dust, but that's kind of an unfair comparison.

I'll def be following this! I never got too far in the 7th Stand User cause it felt kinda obtuse at times, but I might play along with this. Also yiiiiikes, the SNES RPG looks....not good.

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Feb 14, 2016

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
tbf it came right after vanilla ice so it as kind of hard to beat that

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Moltrey posted:

I feel like once you look past the setpiece aspect

This is the least JoJo thing I've ever read.

Astus
Nov 11, 2008

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I have a question about the ending of Stardust Crusaders. Mainly, I'm wondering how DIO lost. He seemed a lot more durable before sucking Joseph's blood, but then he died pretty quickly after the powerup from being punched in the leg really hard?

I had never really thought about it before, honestly, but it just struck me as odd when I was talking to a friend. I guess Jotaro being pissed off makes crazy things happen.

Not only was DIO hit where his leg was broken moments earlier, but it was his left leg. And from his speech he gave Hol Horse before we see his ability for the first time, DIO mentions his left side heals slower. Also, yes, Jotaro was pissed off.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
The leg Jotaro punched to end Dio was the same leg he broke earlier after stopping time for the first time. He gave Dio the opportunity to heal, but Dio wasted it trying to blind his opponent with a splash of blood from his wound. Jotaro double-tapped and Dio exploded. The end.

EDIT: ^^^ Good eye; it was also his left side.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Roses are red

Dorothy's friend is tin

I'll be the one

Who takes the napkin

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Astus posted:

DIO mentions his left side heals slower

Ahhhhh I'm so mad at myself for forgetting this

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
Happy valentine's day, jojos thread

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Jolyne Cujoh posted:

Happy valentine's day, jojos thread

Kirby is also my valentine

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Jotaro and DIO's battle was mostly psychological and the when Jotaro detroys DIO in their final standoff he's undermined DIO's legendary narcissism and overwhelming belief in himself to the point he can overpower and destroy the physical maifestation of his ego (i.e. his Stand)

At the beginning of DIO's World DIO is constantly bragging about the complete incontestability of his Stand (the ultimate Stand which indeed has the power to rule over the whole world! etc) to the extent that when his fight with Jotaro starts he's happy to start it by dicking around comparing punch rushes, convinced Jotaro presents absolutely zero threat. Obviously this doesn't last long and DIO gets supremely freaked out when he realises Jotaro can enter his world of stopped time and for the first time someone can face him on something approaching equal ground. He bounces back by switching to a ranged attack and then gets his confidence shattered even worse when Jotaro plays dead to deliver a nearly fatal surprise attack, actually crippling him to the extent that the mighty DIO can't move his legs! He gets the ball back in his court by taking Joseph's blood, but althrough he now believes himself to be literally invincible he's still afraid to apporach Jotaro directly and for his final attack with ROAD ROLLER DA he still keeps 10 feet of solid steel between the two of them rather than face Star Platinum directly.

So at this point DIO's gone from 'I'm fuckin' touchable, come at me' to 'well that's okay, I can chuck things at him where he can't hit me from' to 'Well, it was kinda rough before but now I've reached my final form and can stab myself in the brain without consequence ... but I'd still rather fight him at range'. Whilst he would never admit it, he's become progressively more scared of Jotaro and less confident in his own, objectively stronger abilities. Then Jotaro of course uses The World himself to stop time, using the one technique DIO thought set him apart from everyone else in the world (He captured my favourite technique!) and takes to opportunity to get in a yare yare daze and act like it ain't no big thing, belitting DIO even further. So he breaks DIO's leg and belittles him again by saying he'll be sporting and let him get up, we then see DIO's internal monologue where he's gone from saying 'it's impossible for me to lose' to 'I'll do anything to win' - he no longer has faith in The World or his own superhuman abilities to destroy Jotaro, his ego and self worth lie in tatters. So he resorts to a cheap sucker punch to get the drop on Jotaro, who then destroys his Stand - the manifestation of the soul, in a single hit. It plays out very similarly to the D'Arby fights: when the mighty DIO had been reduced to chucking gunk in a guy's face to win, he'd already admitted defeat in his heart, Star Platinum shattered the The World because it was the manifestation of DIO's utterly destroyed ego

No Dignity fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Feb 14, 2016

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The moon is dark blue
and Magician is red
One thing that's true
is Kakyoin's DEAD

I'm tall and french
And hate toilet stench
I'm no longer fertile
'cos I'm stuck in a turtle

Tunklord Supreme
Jun 4, 2011

dragon bong z

personally i always wondered if we were supposed to read anything into the fact that when jotaro kills dio, dio's head splits in half the same way it got cut in half during phantom blood. like the wound never healed all the way and jotaro opened it back up.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Spiral staircase
Rhinoceros beetle
Ruins street
Fig tart
Rhinoceros beetle
Via dolorosa
Rhinoceros beetle
Singularity point
Giotto
Angel
Hydrangea
Rhinoceros beetle
Singularity point
Secret emperor

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Astus posted:

Not only was DIO hit where his leg was broken moments earlier, but it was his left leg. And from his speech he gave Hol Horse before we see his ability for the first time, DIO mentions his left side heals slower. Also, yes, Jotaro was pissed off.

Yeah, I had noticed he hit his left leg. I just thought that absorbing Joseph's blood would make his regeneration better.

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

He's not at all durable, he just has the ability to heal himself but I don't even know how effective that's supposed to be in our minds (like when he fixes his leg, is it totally fixed? like good as new?) So what it takes is one hit so forceful that it fucks him totally so he can't heal it, and that's what Jotaro finally got in when he hit Maximum Mad.

That's a good point. The limit or nature of Dio's healing isn't really explained.

I could buy this.

Tunklord Supreme posted:

personally i always wondered if we were supposed to read anything into the fact that when jotaro kills dio, dio's head splits in half the same way it got cut in half during phantom blood. like the wound never healed all the way and jotaro opened it back up.

Oh yeah, that did happen.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Feb 14, 2016

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

alcharagia posted:

Spiral staircase
Rhinoceros beetle
Ruins street
Fig tart
Rhinoceros beetle
Via dolorosa
Rhinoceros beetle
Singularity point
Giotto
Angel
Hydrangea
Rhinoceros beetle
Singularity point
Secret emperor

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Are you Duwang? Because there's nothing as beautiful as you.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
KABUTO MUSHI

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Magicians are red
The Moon is dark blue
my stand will be
the one to judge you.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Are you Jonathan Joestar? 'cos I would totally decapitate you, sew my head on to your body, spend 100 years undersea playing with our dick, gently caress a bunch of women and sire 4 bastards, learn how to stop time with our new Stand, give your kids and their kids a Stand, try to kill one of them, send a bunch of assassins after the ones who don't get manga cancer, murder a loser NEET and your senile grandson before getting punched in the knee and explode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Are you Jonathan Joestar? 'cos I would totally decapitate you, sew my head on to your body, spend 100 years undersea playing with our dick, gently caress a bunch of women and sire 4 bastards, learn how to stop time with our new Stand, give your kids and their kids a Stand, try to kill one of them, send a bunch of assassins after the ones who don't get manga cancer, murder a loser NEET and your senile grandson before getting punched in the knee and explode

Truly a Valentine to remember.

Dojyaan.