Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yay, more maintenance.

Drowning Rabbit posted:

2x DB pulls.... 2x SR Oolong

:sigh:

Also I apparently don't have Broly friends. :( I need to clean up my friends list. Jumping to the Korin tier right after my first win was really nice though!

I'd trade you a Staff Officer Black, if I could. I got two of those today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
Emergency maintenance again? But it was going so well!

Edit: I've gotten 2 Dracula Man, 2 Volleyball Tien, and 1 of that Ninja guy.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Moral of the story: The DB gacha has awful rates, but is more fun than the regular gacha.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I've done pretty well with the DB gacha overall. SSR Kid Goku, SR Tien, SR Yamcha, SR Bunny Bulma, R Dracula Man, R King Chappa, and three or four SR Oolong's.

Oolong's not too bad if you get his SA up, his passive (+5 Ki for his very first turn) usually lets him launch a super attack at the start of a battle.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Personally, I don't care about a free SSR pull. I already have 3 and that's all I can fit in my deck for now. I'm more interested in UR awakening medals.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I'd really like that +2 Ki Piccolo from the DB pull. Congratulations, another Murasaki ninja.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I just want more of the SRs, I don't have a ton of use for the SSRs. I have the older Bulma and two Tien, I think. Launch would be awesome, she's got the passive that Turles and Roshi have. Also a motorcycle and a sawed-off shotgun.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

...is the maintenance until tommorow or not? It seems like some of you nerds are still playing or something.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Aurora posted:

...is the maintenance until tommorow or not? It seems like some of you nerds are still playing or something.

It came back up, now it's down again.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Go go go. It's back again!

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Well, :v:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

52 new posts :toot:

Definitely harder this time around, gotta always take some -Dmg items with me. Not going for 100 wins either, Broly burned me out pretty hard.

For the new guy, who asked about the tournament: Do it. The rank xp is decent, the character xp is great and you get a bunch of training stages, stones and DB tickets for the first 20 wins. The enemy teams scale with your team cost so you wont get bludgeoned by Brolys either.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I feel there's a problem here...

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Am I reading this right and that this tournament's going for six days??

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Squallege posted:

Am I reading this right and that this tournament's going for six days??

7 total, but yeah.

The really annoying part of the maintenance is having to reset your items.

Edit: Oh gently caress me, I just got insta-gibbed by a Broly in my final round. That'll learn me. Live by the cheese, die by the cheese, I guess.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Feb 13, 2016

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

font_text

Also, does anyone else try running with exact stamina only to get a 'Not enough stamina!' message?

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
I just did the guaranteed SSR pull:

Cooler, the two SR DBS Vegetas, the dokkanable krillin, the dodonpa Tien, and SSJ2 Vegeta

Given the event that is coming up I would've rather gotten Cell as an INT but I have a bunch of freezas so I'm not complaining

*grumble grumble Broly SSJ3 SSG grumble*

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

So I'm not sure if it's a bug or a feature, but Fruit of the Tree of Might lasts through multiple fights (at least on the preliminary stage). I learned this thanks to Broly friend kicking some rear end, and then the next battle everyone else having +3 Ki.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Any item that says "lasts for three rounds" like the fruit, President/King Dog, Bulma, etc. last throughout the stage until you get three rounds

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

visceril posted:

Any item that says "lasts for three rounds" like the fruit, President/King Dog, Bulma, etc. last throughout the stage until you get three rounds

That's pretty neat. I guess I never noticed I usually used healing items in most stages, and didn't notice a 1 ki increase for rounds when I used King in the past.

Finally broke sub-200. I know I won't have time to keep up with it throughout the week, but it's been a pretty good start today.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I've gotten much better at counting ki orbs since getting Broly. :v:

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Echophonic posted:

I've gotten much better at counting ki orbs since getting Broly. :v:

I really wish there was an overlay that showed you how much ki you are getting. There are times that I can't tell if I have 5 or 6 ki due to the attack number covering it up. Its disappointing to pick the wrong ki orbs and be off from a super by 1.

Also, I got to 31 wins and Beerus Tier, which is where I'm calling it a night. I'm currently rank 124, but I know that is not going to last.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Cozz posted:

I really wish there was an overlay that showed you how much ki you are getting. There are times that I can't tell if I have 5 or 6 ki due to the attack number covering it up. Its disappointing to pick the wrong ki orbs and be off from a super by 1.

Also, I got to 31 wins and Beerus Tier, which is where I'm calling it a night. I'm currently rank 124, but I know that is not going to last.

You're a machine, dude. I thought I was pushing it at 16 wins/~1200 rank. And you don't even have ez-mode engaged.

Hey, got a General Blue. RR Army Team here I come!

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Feb 13, 2016

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
18 wins 1300 rank so far. Used Broly a few times and such hax each time.

Finally got a decent DB pull though, Devilman.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Got Launch as my DB pull, and she looks to be pretty good for a STR card.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Echophonic posted:

You're a machine, dude. I thought I was pushing it at 16 wins/~1200 rank. And you don't even have ez-mode engaged.

Hey, got a General Blue. RR Army Team here I come!

I'll be honest, I've been playing since 8 am CST until about now, with only a couple of break, but since I thought I was ranking up quickly I wanted to get to Beerus Tier tonight ( I feel like it wasn't until around 50 wins that I hit Beerus last tournament). Perhaps not the best use of my day, but then again I've also spent a lot of money on this game. Broly has shown up as a friend a lot (and yours helped me out earlier tonight) , so I can't say that I haven't experienced his power on my side. I've also been lucky in that I've only seen 1 Super Against me (and not a Broly one!), and that my stamina is high enough that I can do 2 runs until I need to reload.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

bobjr posted:

Got Launch as my DB pull, and she looks to be pretty good for a STR card.

She's also got a drat good passive.

Cozz posted:

I'll be honest, I've been playing since 8 am CST until about now, with only a couple of break, but since I thought I was ranking up quickly I wanted to get to Beerus Tier tonight ( I feel like it wasn't until around 50 wins that I hit Beerus last tournament). Perhaps not the best use of my day, but then again I've also spent a lot of money on this game. Broly has shown up as a friend a lot (and yours helped me out earlier tonight) , so I can't say that I haven't experienced his power on my side. I've also been lucky in that I've only seen 1 Super Against me (and not a Broly one!), and that my stamina is high enough that I can do 2 runs until I need to reload.

Yeah, I need to get my rank up to that point, I'm going through just as many stones for less benefit.

The game is totally loving with me. I've gotten two Super Buus today on single pulls.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Feb 13, 2016

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Six R character drops in a row. I hate this game.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

I'm having really bad luck with the DB Saga pulls, bunch of Rs and the single SR is one I already had (Oolong).

I got a pretty good GT gasha multipull, though! Got SSJ Trunks and Pan, also Jaco, which I really wanted for my Saiyaman team, as well as Turles' weird robot henchman and the infamous SR Cui.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Is that Cui's "occasionally" reducing defense by 50% the same "occasionally" as the good chiaotzu's stun?

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

It turns out Team Buu was a bust, at least for gaining traction in the tournament. While I had no trouble of dying, I didn't have the attack power to finish off enemies quickly, so my points per run were about half of what they were with Team Turles, as well as having to fight multiple battles per round. I used Kid Buu as leader, so perhaps I should have used Majin Buu for the attack boost. I went with two different teams, the first was Kid Buu, Majin Buu, Super Buu and Mr Buu with Frezia and Super Android 13 for Metamorphis link. The second was using Androids 17 and 18 for an innocents link.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, I'd run a tourney version with Good Buu up front. You need to be able to break 10k consistently to one-shot enemy teams.

I don't think it's going to be very hard to stay in top 5k. I'm still in the top 3k with 20 wins.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Feb 13, 2016

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

So I accidentally put my mostly unawakened DB saga team in the tournament, and I seems that I got easier opponents. I wonder if that was dumb luck.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

bobjr posted:

So I accidentally put my mostly unawakened DB saga team in the tournament, and I seems that I got easier opponents. I wonder if that was dumb luck.

It's all based on team cost. I don't know the range, but in general, you'll face teams built similarly to yours. You're not gonna run into my Broly team if you're running Rs and SRs. I've encountered ONE non-UR card in 20 rounds. It was a GT Trunks.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Do you get extra points if you own an entire team in one shot with a dokkan super?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

-Troika- posted:

Do you get extra points if you own an entire team in one shot with a dokkan super?

I think supers just double your points. It's just like Brolying a team. Here's the breakdown.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

I'm baffled at how common it is to find a filler Saibaman here and there in opponents' teams.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Well, if you can't fit in that extra SSR any other way...

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I've hosed that up in previous tournaments where I awakened an SSR and had no team cost :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
I'm actually really glad I got SSJ2 Vegeta. His SSJ links and his revival link tie together the Frieza and SSJ halves of my URs.

Plus thanks to his passive he's a bruiser even unawakened