Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Subjunctive posted:

haha you can impersonate an Apple NTP server and nuke all 64-bit iOS devices on a given network

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

http://www.scribd.com/doc/299024268/Error-53-Lawsuit that didn't take long

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

none of those people will get a single cent out of this

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

broken clock opsec posted:

hurr durr i'm apple *writes datetime in signed storage*

all unix and posix-compatible platforms define time_t as signed

i think t's because versions of c in the early 70s didn't even have unsigned integer types. not that it matters because the sun will explode before a 64-bit time representation overflows to negative.

weirdos who cling to their 32-bit os only have 22 years before doomsday though

The_Franz fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Feb 12, 2016

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

complaint starting off on a strong note

Only registered members can see post attachments!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

The_Franz posted:

all unix and posix-compatible platforms define time_t as signed

i think t's because versions of c in the early 70s didn't even have unsigned integer types. not that it matters because the sun will explode before a 64-bit time representation overflows to negative.

they said the same thing about y2k

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

infernal machines posted:

they said the same thing about y2k

there is a big difference between "eh, this probably won't be in use 30 years from now" and "this may be a problem in several hundred billion years, assuming that the human race still exists and uses the same 64-bit computers as today"

Otaku Alpha Male
Nov 11, 2012

bitches get ~tsundere~ when I pull out my katana
dont know about u but my machine is

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

The_Franz posted:

there is a big difference between "eh, this probably won't be in use 30 years from now" and "this may be a problem in several hundred billion years, assuming that the human race still exists and uses the same 64-bit computers as today"

:thejoke:

funy computer is hard

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

The_Franz posted:

in the year seven billion somehow windows xp will still have ~30% market share

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Otaku Alpha Male posted:

dont know about u but my machine is

never obsolete!!

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

gruber did a podcast with eddy and craig cause retard apple fans and developers have been pushing this dumb "apple software quality is declining" meme

https://overcast.fm/+BtuxjCaOg

btw I get paid per click folks!

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
maybe people are just realising it was never really good in the first place but want to lie to themselves about enjoying it in the past

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

cremnob posted:

retard apple fans

its you

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

echinopsis posted:

maybe people are just realising it was never really good in the first place but want to lie to themselves about enjoying it in the past

just because it was always bad doesn't mean it isn't getting worse

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
[/quote]

:laugh: we have an ntp server for our ios devices........I wonder what would happen if we made them brick 100s of iPhones...
:jihad:

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

holy poo poo

how

why

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

a good troll :golfclap:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i quoted you in the pics thread. then i chickened out and put in a warning because there's almost certainly someone dumb enough to do it

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

:getin:

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

imma steal this and tweet it

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

why?

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

Schadenfreude if anyone does it

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

lol apple is getting into the original content game http://www.avclub.com/article/apple-teams-dr-dre-again-its-first-scripted-tv-ser-232174

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

infernal machines posted:

just because it was always bad doesn't mean it isn't getting worse

in a relative sense it is

I mean people poo poo all over my iPhone 4 and 4s but they are still the same phone that was once the greatest phone of all time

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

NICE!

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I wish I had a reverse Facebook with all of my enemies

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

an orgy scene lol

dr dre wanted to make a californication and they let him because no one at Apple says no anymore

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

DuckConference posted:

an orgy scene lol

dr dre wanted to make a californication and they let him because no one at Apple says no anymore

:stare:

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

oh sweet jesus if Apple streams their entire collection :fap:

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Why does Apple like embarrassingly over investing in 'culture' people well over a decade out of relevancy.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
They should invest in making their software not a piece of poo poo.

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

I'm chatting with apple support because shocker not only can they not make lightning cables they can't make usb c cables either

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

I'm talking to andrew now xe is very nice.

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

Thank you so much James. Looking now you do qualify for a replacement under our USB-C replacement program. I’m happy to get a replacement on it’s way to you.

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

gently caress off trolls

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

cremnob posted:

gently caress off trolls

Lol nice av

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

cremnob posted:

gently caress off trolls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

emoji posted:

They should invest in making their software not a piece of poo poo.

the iphone podcasts app truly was the canary in the coal mine

it was the first bit of software released for the iphone post-jobs and it was obvious that the quality was so poor it should never have seen the light of day (and wouldn't have, under steve) but tim said ship it and that attitude has seeped into every aspect of apple's products

• Locked thread