Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
I think our strat of getting players that can just about perform in the prem is better than paying millions for overrated cloggers from a slightly worse team in the same division, although I do miss michail antonio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
im ok with that result considering our performance.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
sounds like boro dropped yet more points? one sec

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Breath Ray posted:

sounds like boro dropped yet more points? one sec

we did

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

We didn't play our new £9m striker and struggled to score goals

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Raffles posted:

We didn't play our new £9m striker and struggled to score goals

that would probably help, although we scored like five minutes after he came on so that was pretty good.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Meanwhile Gary hooper (fee: undisclosed but probably under £5m) bags another brace to bring the owls to within 6 points of the automatic promotion places

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Derby have pushed the melt down button, sacked Clement and put the assistant in charge for rest of the season. Good news for promotion hopefuls.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
derby are the gift that keep on giving.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Breath Ray posted:

Meanwhile Gary hooper (fee: undisclosed but probably under £5m) bags another brace to bring the owls to within 6 points of the automatic promotion places

I'm glad he's doing well I knew he'd start banging them in once he got less chubby

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
:siren:

BORO'S 9M POUND STRIKER HAS SCORED A GOAL

:siren:

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
E: Wrong thread!

To stay in the spirit of Championship then, resident Fulham-man please explain why Fulham can't win any games, thanks.

Wazzerphuk
Feb 9, 2001

Hating Chelsea before it was cool
Winner of the PWM POTM for September
Winner of the PWM POTM for January
Co-Winner of the PWM POTM for March

Insurrectionist posted:

E: Wrong thread!

To stay in the spirit of Championship then, resident Fulham-man please explain why Fulham can't win any games, thanks.

Martin Jol sold our midfield in 2012 and it's all been downhill from there

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Wazzerphuk posted:

Martin Jol sold our midfield in 2012 and it's all been downhill from there

Are you gonna get relegated?

I watched a decent number of Fulham games in the past to see strongman Hangeland but I've only watched like 2 games since he left (partly due to Championship streams often being utter poo poo quality too). I figured you were adrift in the middle of the league but that table looks mighty precarious.

Wazzerphuk
Feb 9, 2001

Hating Chelsea before it was cool
Winner of the PWM POTM for September
Winner of the PWM POTM for January
Co-Winner of the PWM POTM for March

Insurrectionist posted:

Are you gonna get relegated?

I watched a decent number of Fulham games in the past to see strongman Hangeland but I've only watched like 2 games since he left (partly due to Championship streams often being utter poo poo quality too). I figured you were adrift in the middle of the league but that table looks mighty precarious.

We should be fine. We've played far better since Jokanovic took over at the start of the year, even if the results haven't improved yet. Before that, we were getting completely outplayed in most matches, along with some occasional 4-0 wins when Symons' throw-poo poo-at-the-wall tactics randomly managed to work. Recently, we've matched everyone we've played, even if we've ended up losing by one goal most times. Everyone's still fairly optimistic, although it is getting a bit tight.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
We beat Fulham twice in a week around xmas

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Wazzerphuk posted:

We should be fine. We've played far better since Jokanovic took over at the start of the year, even if the results haven't improved yet. Before that, we were getting completely outplayed in most matches, along with some occasional 4-0 wins when Symons' throw-poo poo-at-the-wall tactics randomly managed to work. Recently, we've matched everyone we've played, even if we've ended up losing by one goal most times. Everyone's still fairly optimistic, although it is getting a bit tight.

Well that's good then. Would be nice to see Fulham back in the PL eventually.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
I'm excited for monday.

sweek0
May 22, 2006

Let me fall out the window
With confetti in my hair
Deal out jacks or better
On a blanket by the stairs
I'll tell you all my secrets
But I lie about my past

Insurrectionist posted:

Well that's good then. Would be nice to see Fulham back in the PL eventually.

We won't be back any time soon, and would be happy with a mid table Championship finish.

Remember when we beat Juventus and Hamburg, and narrowly lost to Athletico in a European final? Yeah...

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

It's ok I think we forgot there was a game today so you're having this one.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Huge game today. Win and we're promoted and Brentford are done for. Lose and we'll have to win next week instead.

sweek0
May 22, 2006

Let me fall out the window
With confetti in my hair
Deal out jacks or better
On a blanket by the stairs
I'll tell you all my secrets
But I lie about my past
Imagine if we'd actually sold McCormack and Dembele.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Good news: we won 4-0.

Got The Hunger Ted
Feb 22, 2007
I really like Tony!
We could rename this the Fulham thread. Glad that they finally turned a good performance into an actual win and that QPR got beaten well again, so that'll buy Jokanovic time. I imagine Dembele will be off in the summer though, so it might be a fair bit harder to get promoted without him, especially with a grumbly McCormack too. Mid-table for a while I reckon.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Got The Hunger Ted posted:

We could rename this the Fulham thread. Glad that they finally turned a good performance into an actual win and that QPR got beaten well again, so that'll buy Jokanovic time. I imagine Dembele will be off in the summer though, so it might be a fair bit harder to get promoted without him, especially with a grumbly McCormack too. Mid-table for a while I reckon.

why would we rename the boro thread to the fulham thread?

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

Championship Thread 2016/17: The Aston Villa Thread

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

why would we rename the boro thread to the fulham thread?

true. I mean Fulham might get promoted one day and then what

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
I've always been a big fan of Steve Evans and Leeds.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

deletebeepbeepbeep posted:

I'm a big fan of poo poo linesmen making bad decisions

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
All going tits up for the Boro.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Me too

Both teams had their chances to win, Boro lacked the finishing while their keeper made some brilliant saves. Doukara is playing with so much more confidence compared ot the player he once was but still wish we had a proper striker. Big big fan of Liam Bridcutt though me

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Yeah Bridcutt is good but also a classless piece of poo poo.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Yeah Bridcutt is good but also a classless piece of poo poo.

oh they're my faves

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

All going tits up for the Boro.

Don't worry Karanka will put it right.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
While I'm disappointed to see no mention of cup final from either side, it does look as though boro have shot their bolt

FordGT40
Jul 4, 2012
Any idea how much Jordan Rhodes cost boro? Not too much I hope.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
COYW

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

FordGT40 posted:

Any idea how much Jordan Rhodes cost boro? Not too much I hope.

One goal in two games isn't a bad return.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
im glad we scored goals and won

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Looks like points are back on the menu boys

• Locked thread