Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Oh my god, it's the NBA All Star weekend

Thank god I've gotten into the Premier League, otherwise this weekend would be entirely barren

God drat I hate the offseason, and February in particular

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
It would rule if the Jags returned to the mid to late 90's Jags while the Colts returned to late 70s - early 80's Colts.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Chromatic posted:

It would rule if the Jags returned to the mid to late 90's Jags while the Colts returned to late 70s - early 80's Colts.

I like the way you think

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Titans-Jags AFCCG rematch pls

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
I like the Jags. Go Jags except when you play us next season.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Talib was just fined. Lol.

Player safety first, right Rog?

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Eifert Posting posted:

He should get several games. Repeat offender who admitted he wanted to hurt a dude. But he's on the Broncos so that's all we'll hear of it.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Eifert Posting posted:

How I imagine a ref when he has to call a Talib game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyYWdy48zkM

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

you know whats funny is i distinctly remember making fun of roasted donut in the draft gdt because he was posting about all the idiot teams who let darqueze dennard fall to the steelers and then they took shazier and then i made fun of him even more when dennard went to the bengals.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
I'm super glad that I don't live in a world where the Bengals have Burfict and Shazier to compliment Atkins and Dunlap. Jesus

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Shazier played a hell of a game in the wildcard but generally I'm unimpressed.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

sharknado slashfic posted:

This isn't AMERICAN football but it's the offseason and this needs to be seen:

https://twitter.com/JordanHeckFF/status/698263443430903808

The very first one is my favorite "making a phone call on the field"

Just running around, scoring goals, saying "Yeah, no this is a good time, how was your week?"

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
I like how they apparently kept letting him score goals despite the 3 goal limit to the tune of 11 more.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

WHOOPS posted:

I like how they apparently kept letting him score goals despite the 3 goal limit to the tune of 11 more.

That means that he was reported after the game because nobody wanted to stand up to him lol

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Kid owns.

Xir
Jul 31, 2007

I smell fan fiction...
This is my new favorite referee call and I want to hear it at the NFL level this coming season:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D8aAC4jrPM&t=37s

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

hey laaaa hey laaaa Peyton Manning destroyed someone's career for reporting him for sexually assaulting her and it was covered up for 13 years

quote:

Thirteen years ago, USA Today obtained 74 pages of explosive court documents on Peyton Manning, Archie Manning, the University of Tennessee, and Florida Southern College that revealed allegations of a sexual-assault scandal, cover up, and smear campaign of the victim that was so deep, so widespread and so ugly that it would've rocked the American sports world to its core. Yet USA Today never released those documents for reasons I can't explain.

Mel Antonen, now a baseball writer for Sports Illustrated, wrote about the documents for the paper on Nov. 3, 2003. Three days later, Christine Brennan, longtime sportswriter for USA Today wrote an op-ed about Peyton Manning and the documents entitled, “Do you really know your sports hero?” but the scandal pretty much died right there.

Facebook wouldn’t be invented for three more months. Twitter didn’t come for three more years. The word “viral” was still only being used to describe the spread of infectious diseases.

But when the documents were sent to me on Tuesday, two days after the Super Bowl, it was immediately clear to me that had the world actually known what they contained, it’s doubtful that Peyton would have ever been the “swell, golly, gee-whiz” pitchman for Nationwide Insurance, DirecTV or Papa John’s Pizza. Certainly, evangelical op-eds calling him “squeaky clean” and positioning Peyton as the arbiter of all things good and decent in the world simply wouldn’t be the case.

But as his career winds down, we're left to grapple with the reality that there is credible evidence that Peyton and the Manning family knowingly, willingly, wantonly ruined the good name and career of Dr. Jamie Naughright, a respected scholar, speaker, professor, and trainer of some of the best athletes in the world.

On the morning after Super Bowl 50, I posted a picture on my Facebook page of Cam Newton smiling and embracing Peyton Manning after the game and simply asked why that warm photo wasn't being talked about instead of Cam being frustrated at the post-game press conference. It has since been shared more than 234,000 times and seen by more than 20 million people. It now has nearly 6,000 comments, but on that morning, just one leaped out at me, which mentioned something to the effect of "Peyton sexually assaulted a girl in college."

Now, I get a lot of crap posted on my Facebook page, but I decided, on a whim, to Google "Peyton Manning sexual assault University of Tennessee." That's how I discovered the two old USA Today articles about the case. Later that day, when I wrote an article on the racial double standards in the media between Peyton Manning and Cam Newton, I decided to mention the sexual assault case, and how the allegations had somehow slid right off of Peyton like virtually every other mistake he has ever made in his career.

Less than 24 hours later, a source who claimed to see my article on the racial double standard, sent me a 74-page court document from Polk County court in Florida. Sitting in the San Francisco airport, waiting for a flight home, I opened the PDF, began reading, and felt like I had stumbled on to state secrets. I literally moved to where nobody could see my computer screen.

[...]

To begin with, Dr. Jamie Naughright was not "a girl" sexually assaulted by Peyton Manning; she was an esteemed professional widely admired by students and peers alike at the University of Tennessee, where she was the Director of Health & Wellness for the Men's Athletic Program. Originally from New Jersey, Naughright had made Knoxville her home away from home.

[...]

On February 29th of that year, Naughright, at that point the university's director of health and wellness, was in a training room, examining what she thought might be a possible stress fracture in Manning's foot. At 6 feet, 5 inches, his feet dangled off the edge of the table. Manning allegedly then proceeded to scoot down the training table while Naughright examined his foot. At that point, she said, he forcefully maneuvered his naked testicles and rectum directly on her face with his penis on top of her head. Shocked, disgusted, and offended, Naughright pushed Manning away, removing her head out from under him (see pages 14-15). Within hours, she reported the incident to the Sexual Assault Crisis Center in Knoxville (see page 18).

According to the court records, Manning initially denied the incident ever took place. It was a calculated risk. He was the star quarterback, a Heisman trophy hopeful, and a likely No. 1 pick in the NFL Draft. While Naughright was now a respected member of the staff, Manning was the star, the savior of Tennessee football. It was his word against hers.

When Rollo learned of the complaint, he allegedly concocted a story that Manning actually pulled down his pants to moon another student-athlete, Malcolm Saxon, who was nearby. according to Rollo, after mooning the student, Naughright just happened to move her head right into Manning's pelvic region. Rollo acknowledged under oath that he was the first person to use the word “mooning.”

One person, though, could settle all of this: Malcolm Saxon.

And, in fact, he did settle it. In an affidavit, Saxon refuted Manning's story and made it clear that Manning never mooned him.

[...]

Instead, the school asked Naughright to leave. Having poured her heart and soul out to the University of Tennessee for nearly 10 years, she agreed, as a part of a settlement agreement, to part ways.

Before she left, though, two staff members of the school, according to the documents, asked Naughright if she would consider blaming the entire incident not on Manning, but on another athlete — a black one. According to Naughtright, the staff members (named as Mr. Wyant and Mr. Rollo), went so far as to actually name a specific black athlete she could blame it on. Of course, she refused (see pages 18-19).

In her remaining time at the university, Naughright testified that Manning, in her presence, on two separate occasions, deliberately reenacted the sexual assault on other student athletes to terrorize her. On another occasion he allegedly called her a "bitch" in front of other athletes after snatching a marker used to label drug-test specimens from her hand and throwing it across the room (see page 22).

and it gets worse from there.

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2016/02/americans-evenly-divided-on-super-bowl-brady-a-lightning-rod.html

quote:

A couple final notes on Quarterbacks. NFL fans don't have much faith in Johnny Manziel- only 16% say they think he will ever amount to anything to 45% who think he won't and 39% who have no opinion about it one way or another. And we put the great question of our times to the test and found that only 21% of NFL fans think Joe Flacco is a elite Quarterback- 35% think he is not and 44% have no opinion on the matter one way or another.

quote:

" think Joe Flacco is a elite Quarterback"

an elite, not a elite

... ugh.. why do people have so much problem with this :(

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

typical liberal media trying to bring down a man of God

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

He's basically a massive piece of poo poo but he's good at the game so no one cares.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I always though half the distance on 15 yard penalties was a dumb punishment. I mean the only way he makes that tackle and prevents a TD is a face mask. I would coach that. Should be minimum first down on the one yard line. The fine is stupid though. I didn't see him use excessive force just enough to get him out of bounds. I mean if you fine that you should fine every 15 yard face mask where they don't let go.

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Every time the teabagging incident is mentioned here I am forced to imagine Peyton Manning's dick :barf:

It probably has an elongated head too

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Oh cool another football player getting away with being a rapist piece of poo poo because he's also good at football.

gently caress this sport and gently caress everyone in it.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Yes, but, ah, she was, well, ah, you know, ah, sleeping with the, with, with the, black athletes. You know. Lots of them. Ah.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
She's gets half off any medium sized Papa Johns pizza for life. What more could the bitch want?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Free sides?

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Donkwich posted:

Every time the teabagging incident is mentioned here I am forced to imagine Peyton Manning's dick :barf:

It probably has an elongated head too

Thanks for making me throw up inside my mouth

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?

Xir posted:

This is my new favorite referee call and I want to hear it at the NFL level this coming season:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D8aAC4jrPM&t=37s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eslz06J9hFw

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

The take here is that 65% of NFL fans think Joe Flacco is elite or willingly don't want to admit it

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

This has to be one of the worst coverups in history because It's been a story multiple times and we've made jokes about it on this forum for as long as I can remember. My mom who doesn't even follow football hates him for this incident and I didn't tell her about it.

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
♪ Smell my dick you stupid bitch ♪

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Chichevache posted:

Yes, but, ah, she was, well, ah, you know, ah, sleeping with the, with, with the, black athletes. You know. Lots of them. Ah.
I do love how he alleges this happened but no one can provide any evidence. Wish I had a tape of that Manning deposition.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
you know she's a bad person cuz she, ah, you know, mixes the blood of the races, yeah

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

This is the bet I made last June in Vegas:

Late post but way to go Ham! Good to see fellow Broncos fans rewarded for being Broncos fans :)

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Chichevache posted:

I like how she went from being a trash human being because she had sex with women to garbage human being because she had sex with black men :waycool:

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Feb 13, 2016

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

If you think that's bad, get this: Cam dances!

Speaking of, check out this smoking hot take

quote:

It's not how you start but how you finish

AKA you can't have it both ways.

I spent the last two weeks publicly defending the free-speech rights of Cam Newton.

I and about 100 million other Americans devoted Monday to ripping a 10-year-old who threw a fit at Chuck E. Cheese, then trashed his PlayStation because his favorite video game froze.

To your room, Cam. And don't come out until we want to hear from you again.

Newton can dab, dance, laugh, smile, prance and taunt all he wants. As long as he goes 17-1 and wins the league's MVP and Offensive Player of the Year awards in the same season.

But when a 26-year-old "man" throws a "I didn't get what I wanted for my birthday" temper tantrum on live TV, it's a reminder there are more than a few reasons many hate Newton.

Leadership, maturity, perspective, appreciation - Newton lacked all of those and more.

Maybe Superman will grow up one day.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
I really don't see what the big deal is, I mean teabag bitches and say they have sex with black guys all the time on xbox live

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005
Manning being a dirtbag-ish goof isn't anything new. There was that newscaster in Indy that he was banging on the side not to mention some of his other dalliances with specific fans. There was a site I used to frequent that had groupie talk and they were spilling all sorts of tea about his personal life. Not necessarily that he's a predator but that he's had major...major problems with his wife over the years..mainly that she's a severe and very mean alcoholic.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I bet Peyton has a disgusting sack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

TyroneGoldstein posted:

Manning being a dirtbag-ish goof isn't anything new. There was that newscaster in Indy that he was banging on the side not to mention some of his other dalliances with specific fans. There was a site I used to frequent that had groupie talk and they were spilling all sorts of tea about his personal life. Not necessarily that he's a predator but that he's had major...major problems with his wife over the years..mainly that she's a severe and very mean alcoholic.

Link?

If you had to stare at that for head every time he climbed on you to thrust inside your vagina and spilled his half a teaspoon load you would be a alcoholic to.

• Locked thread