Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

They got palm trees in Denver? Troll or crazy person, hard to tell :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Pretty cool looking Datsun 510 race car with a 6 cylinder swap for pretty drat cheap - http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/5397275814.html

quote:

For sale today is a very custom Datsun 510.
This is a full scale track-car with very little potential to become a road car every again.

The car is complete with a straight body, Full bucket racing seats with four point seatbelts, stripped-out interior, lightened frame, reinforced with a roll-cage, custom dash with custom switch panel, custom power steering (not ever included on the 510 model), custom mounting of the 6cylnder ford bronco motor built by Peckham precision engines to be Heavily set back RWD engine, Custom routed exhaust (under the hood, through the front fenders), Fully adjustable suspension, custom built and mounted Slapstick (Inline sequential) automatic gearbox, push-button doors, Custom larger gas tank, removable steering wheel HUB, custom 13ball paintjob...Ect

The list would continue, but this is really something that must be seen in person. Contact me at the number above ( 541-778-zero774) -Calen
The vehicle is fully functional and can be ran upon request. contact for more info!

Shame about the automatic but otherwise it looks pretty fun. If it wasn't on the other side of the country I'd be really tempted to pick it up, always loved the 510.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
What the gently caress? a 4.9L in a Datsun.
You crazy son of a bitch.

From the looks of it, you share the driver's seat with most of the engine/transmission.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
Is it a drag car? Looks like an NHRA standard cage rather than FIA/SCCA.

Is the 15.9 marked in reference to the dial-in time? If so, lol.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

From the looks of it, you share the driver's seat with most of the engine/transmission.

Ummmm yeah what the gently caress, there's barely any room for the loving pedals, that's why it's an auto, there's no loving room for a third pedal! Also I don't see how that's remotely safe in a crash, if the roll cage doesn't hold up well your legs are getting pinched big time. It must be a drag car.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Octopus Magic posted:

Is it a drag car? Looks like an NHRA standard cage rather than FIA/SCCA.

Is the 15.9 marked in reference to the dial-in time? If so, lol.

I hope so. Seriously what the gently caress.

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

Maybe he was an amputee?

NinjaTech
Sep 30, 2003

do you have any PANTIES
My guess is that it's a circle track car. The front tires seem really wide for any drag car. I haven't seen it at any SCCA races in Portland either. Seems like a lot of work to put a lovely 2.9L V6 in there.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Just realized the huge ports on the front fenders are the exhaust. :stare:

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

NinjaTech posted:

My guess is that it's a circle track car. The front tires seem really wide for any drag car. I haven't seen it at any SCCA races in Portland either. Seems like a lot of work to put a lovely 2.9L V6 in there.

It's a V6? It's not a 4.9L / 300CID inline six? :gonk:

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001
At first I thought this guy was trolling but apparently he's serious.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Jan 4, 2020

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Raluek posted:

It's a V6? It's not a 4.9L / 300CID inline six? :gonk:

OH GOD! when he said Bronco motor, I naturally assumed it was at least one worth swapping.
:wtc:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

unless it's out of a bronco II, i don't think they ever put a V6 in the bronco.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

the spyder posted:

Automatic? Ugh. No more then $2k unless you really wanted it. Ask if it's a GS or GSL.

Not a difficult swap to manual, but one would have to source the parts and spend the time and effort, so factor that in if so desired.

KakerMix posted:

Because they average 10mpg, I dislike early S-10s and will have an absolute poo poo load of miles on them.

Also, ugly as poo poo, and not in a cute way.

That's at least an '86.
Fuel system and injectors are probably clogged with varnish. The '86 I revived certainly was, but ran decently once I cleaned everything.

Powershift posted:

unless it's out of a bronco II, i don't think they ever put a V6 in the bronco.

that's what I though he meant, too, until I looked closely at the interior pictures. I was going to say it had to be a case of what was on hand at the time, but the ad says he had the engine built. Why would you not go with something that didn't crowd you out of the car? A 3800 or 4.3 would have worked pretty well. Hell, I bet a 5.0 would fit better, and be cheaper.
Shame, the rest of the car looks pretty sweet.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Darchangel posted:

Why would you not go with something that didn't crowd you out of the car? A 3800 or 4.3 would have worked pretty well. Hell, I bet a 5.0 would fit better, and be cheaper.
Shame, the rest of the car looks pretty sweet.
9 out of 10 the answer is that he already had the engine. Or the engine builder had it sitting around the shop forever and sold it for peanuts. My #1,2 and 3 issues with that car is placement.

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice
Gonna be a Miata this halloween:

http://tallahassee.craigslist.org/cto/5445253644.html

AncientTV fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Feb 12, 2016

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

b0nes posted:

At first I thought this guy was trolling but apparently he's serious.

What racing is that guy doing that has 0 safety standards?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
PAGING OXBRAIN

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/5422976856.html

quote:

I have been collecting these little gas savers for 5-6 years in hope that gas would reach $5 a galleon , and I would be RICH by selling these little 40mpg giants. I have 9 complete cars and 7 of them are runners and 2 parts cars. title on all them . I will sell parts till some one gives me $6500 for all of them . call me , lets deal or trade , the mercury capri has a blownhead gasket but runs and has minor damage as ;you see but I have all the parts needed and more for her , I also have another hard top , nothing wrong with either one. convertible tope has never been put up , so I`m told its new. I need a grand for it , got about 18 in it. I need to quit paying rent on this storage lot. if ya leave me a message during the day , I can call you back in the evening or the next day. Sorry I have to do this to weed out the scammers. thanks for reading my ad.

Joe Mama
May 10, 2008
Open an indoor/outdoor go-kart track with these instead.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
SPEC FESTIVA RACING!

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Formula Festiva

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So this isn't CL and I have no details other than it's an 86 Fiero. He was very clear that it doesn not have 100,000 miles and only $2500!

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

I've seen that car before...

Ah, yeah, there it is.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

I've seen that car before...

Ah, yeah, there it is.

Holy crap. Well if the ad is to be believed it's 40 minutes away from me in NE Indiana.

got fired from Snopes
Aug 28, 2014
One owner Brat. Actual Gold?

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/5440554863.html

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Quick question: how much jailtime would you get for having two passengers in those jumpseats on the freeway in this day and age?

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
You don't get jail time unless they're holding open alcohol containers. And then it depends on your lawyer and whether or not you tried to run from the police.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nitrox posted:

You don't get jail time unless they're holding open alcohol containers. And then it depends on your lawyer and whether or not you tried to run from the police.

Having passengers in the bed of a pickup in Indiana can get your truck impounded if the cop is having a lovely day.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Rhyno posted:

Having passengers in the bed of a pickup in Indiana can get your truck impounded if the cop is having a lovely day.

Good thing that is not a pickup truck. The whole point of the seats was to make sure it was not subject to truck import taxes.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Elephanthead posted:

Good thing that is not a pickup truck. The whole point of the seats was to make sure it was not subject to truck import taxes.

I highly doubt it would matter today since riding in truck beds is illegal in a lot of places.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Parked for 6 years and a new battery, going to bet it'll need a lot to get running well.

Rhyno posted:

I highly doubt it would matter today since riding in truck beds is illegal in a lot of places.

I'm betting the laws are around unrestrained passengers in the bed. Either way if you pissed off the cop I'm it would make for a bad time until you sorted it with the judge.

Chriskory
Aug 18, 2004

Back when I was actively driving I drove Akina even in my dreams
If your car was built before mandatory seatbelt laws, the you can't be ticketed for not wearing it. Doesn't this Brat fall under that kind of thing?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

That's where they all went! I wouldn't mind one of those to scoot around in. Price isn't terrible, if the interiors aren't disintegrated from sitting in an uncovered lot in the Arizona sun.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

Anyone notice that CL just added a "search x miles from zip" feature to their search? About time!

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

ThirstyBuck posted:

Anyone notice that CL just added a "search x miles from zip" feature to their search? About time!

Thank Jehovah because I was able to easily locate this gem:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/5430674319.html

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

I want to know how hosed the interior is.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

keykey posted:

I want to know how hosed the interior exterior is.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
That's a pretty tired looking 8 series but with some Alpina wheels and a good polish.....mmmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got fired from Snopes
Aug 28, 2014

Rhyno posted:

Festivas

Can also pick up a collection of X90s while in Phoenix.

quote:

I HAVE SIX SUZUKI X-90 FOR SALE. FIVE 4X4 ONE 2X4 .THREE 4 SPEED AUTO OVERDRIVE. AND THREE 5 SPEED MANUALS. ,THREE HAVE AC, ALL HAVE POWER WINDOWS AND LOCKS WITH CRUSE CONTROL.ALL HAVE REMOVABLE T TOPS.ONLY 7200 WERE SOLD IN THE STATES, FROM OCT 1995 TO MAY 1997 . VARY RARE. SAME 4 WHEEL DRIVE TRANE, AS A SUZUKI SIDE KICK. 4 CYL 1.6 MANUAL TRANFER CASE.ALL RUN AND DRIVE.
DONT TEXT ME AND ASK IF THEY ARE STILL FOR SALE.IF ADD IS UP THEY ARE.CALLS OR EMAILS ONLY SO I KNOW YOUR SERIOUS.PRICES RANGE FROM $2000 TO $4500 EACH. VERY RARE 4X4

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/5442491228.html