Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

cremnob posted:

gently caress off trolls

why are you insulting yourself cremnob?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

reminder that steves master vision for iphone was no apps, all web.

rip steve jobs a dumb idiot who hated his daughter and tried to cure cancer with fruit.

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
welcome to the present day where most apps are front ends for the web or a billion pay to play fart apps

also as a relative of a cancer patient, most cancer "treatments" are a joke and worse than the disease so judging someone for choosing to have a better quality of life is a pretty lovely thing to do

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
Web apps might have been better tho

We woudn't have to deal with this stupid walled garden stuff and i'm sure they could have still made candy crush work

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

he wasnt trying to have a better quality of life, he was trying to cure the cancer. with bullshit homeopathy. he regretted it. please do not try and defend steves use of people who flog magical water to extremely ill people as a cure.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

he went for proper treatment eventually to try and save his own life, in fact had extremely aggressive treatment beyond what most patients would go for in order to try and survive. he hosed up. he was a loving idiot.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
web apps only got good in the past 3 years or so. also if cydia never came out for the iphone i feel that there would be no app store since half the features they've implemented since then are QoL things the mod scene added.

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
he chose not to have treatment because he was smart enough to know that exchanging any semblance of quality of life for a statistically insignificant chance of improvement is a bad exchange, he just ginned up the "cure" excuse to placate the shareholders while he got his affairs in order

most homeopathy practitioners don't actually believe in homeopathy, they just use it as an excuse because relatives get upset when a cancer patient decides not to get treatment that will destroy them physically before they die

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Stymie posted:

he chose not to have treatment because he was smart enough to know that exchanging any semblance of quality of life for a statistically insignificant chance of improvement is a bad exchange, he just ginned up the "cure" excuse to placate the shareholders while he got his affairs in order

most homeopathy practitioners don't actually believe in homeopathy, they just use it as an excuse because relatives get upset when a cancer patient decides not to get treatment that will destroy them physically before they die

lol

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Stux posted:

he went for proper treatment eventually to try and save his own life, in fact had extremely aggressive treatment beyond what most patients would go for in order to try and survive. he hosed up. he was a loving idiot.

again, the essence of good trolling is not just out and out lying about stuff but you know this and are getting desperate so i'd suggest you take some time to yourself and reflect how you can improve the quality of your posting

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

steve jobs was a dumb piece of poo poo. rip that dead prick.

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
under tim, every single apple release is known and made public months in advance due to lax security

steve had people killed to ensure the secrecy of the iphone

who is the better leader? you be the judge

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

its tim. the answer is unequivocally tim. only weirdos obsessed with a dumb piece of poo poo disagree.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
so you are of the opinionthat if steve stayed alive and well, appole would be worse

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

emoji posted:

They should invest in making their software not a piece of poo poo.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

echinopsis posted:

so you are of the opinionthat if steve stayed alive and well, appole would be worse

yes absolutely. steve would never have brought us the worlds finest smart phones, the 6/6s, because he was a dumb idiot who had to be constantly handled and talked down so that he didnt ruin the company with his idiocy.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Im of the opinion that Apple products were never good, and now that what little quality control they had is faltering it won't be long before their stock price is back in the 90's dumpster where it belongs

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Looking forward to cremnob tears when the iPhone 8 (released early 2017) is a cheap plastic piece of poo poo

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i hope tim makes more size variations with the iphone 7. i want to see the iphone 7, iphone 7 plus, iphone 7 mega, and iphone 7 portable at a minimum

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

whatever tim brings us, i welcome it. his helmsmanship is unparalleled and his track record is perfect. long live tim.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

mods please train stux and stymie to IYG

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Chaining 6 hour probies for a long time is a time-honored IK tradition, and lets be honest: nobody is gonna miss cremnob or stux

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

off of the top of my head, the only thing really tying me to osx/ios at this point is imessage

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Stux posted:

yes absolutely. steve would never have brought us the worlds finest smart phones, the 6/6s, because he was a dumb idiot who had to be constantly handled and talked down so that he didnt ruin the company with his idiocy.

lmao what a clown you turned out to be

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

triple sulk posted:

off of the top of my head, the only thing really tying me to osx/ios at this point is imessage

i used android the other day. it wasnt tragic

i am pretty iLocked though so i dont care

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

echinopsis posted:

lmao what a clown you turned out to be

steve is the one who made a phone that lost cell phone signal by holding it and had to issue free cases because of such a ridiculous design flaw.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Stux posted:

steve is the one who made a phone that lost cell phone signal by holding it and had to issue free cases because of such a ridiculous design flaw.

the phone was designed by johnny ives, who now holds more sway than ever in apple's organization and brought us the design travesty that is the iphone 6, featuring camera wart and bends with normal use

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i think the biggest innovation that steve brought to apple wasn't just his sense of design or what makes a good product, it was the utter contempt he had for people who actually work in tech, including engineers and especially executives

tim actually lets the very bad and dumb employees have their sway and as a result design and overall quality is slipping because if you give them an inch they'll take a mile

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the 6 only bends with normal use if your normal use is sitting on your phone everyday.

most phones will bend or warp if you do this.

the solution is to not sit on your phone.

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
"everyone else does it so it's okay if we do it" sums up apple under tim pretty neatly

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

apple has always been about following trends. i apologise if ur addiction to steves cult of personality blinds you to this basic fact.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Stux posted:

the 6 only bends with normal use if your normal use is sitting on your phone everyday.

most phones will bend or warp if you do this.

the solution is to not sit on your phone.

The only phones that bend if you sit on them are terrible

IPhone, nexus 6p, lg g4, etc

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
yeah the iPhone, and iPad were certainly trend following devices

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

Stymie posted:

"everyone else does it so it's okay if we do it" sums up apple under tim pretty neatly

quoting stymie

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

stux more like sux

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug
Pshaw time doesn't break your phone, you only need to void your warranty, get specialized tools, and undo a battery connection

https://youtu.be/ofnq37dqGyY

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

echinopsis posted:

yeah the iPhone, and iPad were certainly trend following devices

Somehow, a post from 2012

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

zen death robot posted:

smythe has been really sleeping on the job latley, might be time for a shakeup

had a lot on my plate at work. apologies

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
i think im going to probe stux for a lot of his bad posts over the past few pages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

Smythe posted:

had a lot on my plate at work. apologies

Welcome back

• Locked thread