Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Mar 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

EccoRaven posted:

the bob has forbidden me from seeing fighter pilot again because fighter pilot said some casually racist things last night that bothered me and I mentioned them to her and she was like "nope, gone."

I might still do it anyway but it was definitely a big turn-off and I think short of an attitude adjustment there's no longterm potential there.

I thought those opinions were normal among privileged wasps with nothing productive to do?

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien

EccoRaven posted:

hey some of us have phobias you should really spoiler tag that.

she's ag'in' it, but she's doing her graduate research on racism so it's something to which she's particularly sensitive, classism is low on both our radars.

Not you though cause you eat bugs.

What casually racist stuff did he say?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

asians can't fly planes

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

They can but the reduced FOV causes them to crash into stuff so much that the Japanese played it off as intentional in WW2

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien
The most casually racist thing I hear working in a small engine repair shop is when instead of saying something is "jury-rigged" (or jerry-rigged however that phrase is spelled) it's "n-rigged". Except not n but the whole word

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien
Not everyone in the south is racist, but the white people are.

MG2 fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Feb 13, 2016

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
nobody liked my great xcom joke

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Mar 27, 2020

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
My mom used to say "Mighty white of you" meaning you did something nice or considerate or fair. Then when I was around 9 I was like "wait, isn't that kinda racist" and she went "oh yeah, it is" and didn't say it again.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Mar 27, 2020

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

EccoRaven posted:

was it a video of you playing xcom?

actually literally this (among others). they had just gotten back from a tour in japan and had a bad time and I'm sure some of it was venting but it came off really crass.

haha. do they just have a bunch of racist beliefs but transposed onto planes.

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien
Asian missiles are really small, my missile is huge though lol

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Mar 27, 2020

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien
Who the hell is that?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I FOUND HIS HOROCRUX IT WAS A CHERRY PIE.

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien

EccoRaven posted:

Justice Scalia passed away just now, and honestly my first reaction was to smile and cheer a little, but I feel terrible about it, since being happy at a man's death is kinda gross. But I'm still smiling so I guess I mostly feel bad that I don't feel that bad.

Just looked him up I'm glad he's dead too

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
https://twitter.com/reiley/status/698631861866795009

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

CCKeane posted:

I FOUND HIS HOROCRUX IT WAS A CHERRY PIE.
You eat a cherry pie every day. It's not necessarily the case that the one you ate on Antonin Scalia Is Dead Day was his philactery (although it probably was).

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Someone make Supreme Court mafia

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

EccoRaven posted:

Justice Scalia passed away just now, and honestly my first reaction was to smile and cheer a little, but I feel terrible about it, since being happy at a man's death is kinda gross. But I'm still smiling so I guess I mostly feel bad that I don't feel that bad.

That was pretty much my reaction. "Good. Well not good, but I mean...Good"

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I'm comfortable being happy that my politically powerful political enemies are dead, but not comfortable murdering them. I hope he died comfortably. Comfort. Comforrrrrtable.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Scalia dead. so what

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Making room for President Cruz to nominate someone even better!

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien
You mean president cruise

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien
Tom cruise for president 2016

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Spiros posted:

I thought those opinions were normal among privileged wasps with nothing productive to do?

i'm dyin' re: these two posts

just like scalia

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien
Mods rename this thread the Scalia memorial thread

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Traditional Games > The U.S. Supreme Court - Calling Each Other Idiots in the Name of Fun

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

EccoRaven posted:

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien
It's not that hard to be a Supreme Court judge. You just have to memorize the constitution.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

why do supreme court justices serve for life when ppl now live as long as long as ancient mythical wizaqrds

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
i've heard when a supreme court judge dies they take the skin from his/her back for a new copy of the constitution.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

A victory for liberalism maybe

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Not even American and I'm glad he's dead. I hope they burn him like a piece of trash instead of having a funeral.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

MG2 posted:

It's not that hard to be a Supreme Court judge. You just have to memorize the constitution.

Nicholas Cage for Supreme Court judge

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien

Puntification posted:

Not even American and I'm glad he's dead. I hope they burn him like a piece of trash instead of having a funeral.

They should give him a Sky Burial

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

MG2 posted:

They should give him a Sky Burial

Sky Burial's are cool though, I'd like a sky burial.

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien

Puntification posted:

Sky Burial's are cool though, I'd like a sky burial.

Me too. I want buzzards to eat my eyes out. (After I'm dead of course)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

They're not your eyes, then