Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

this_is_hard posted:

“Ultra Light Beam” is a plea, a confession, an anointment. It is gospel music that’s hollowed out. There is a choir and an organ, but they sound alone, as if transmitting from an empty heaven. Other voices tangle with faith in a time when God can seem most alive through the destruction of zealots; Kanye prays for Paris. Almighty death and inexplicable persecution cast shadows over this song, lingering in its empty spaces—these forces shape the stray glimmers that manage to break through.
7.2/10

Best New Music

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

This thing's going to have to be incredible to overcome a loving chance teh rapper featurehold up

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

http://www.isthelifeofpabloout.com/

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

This thing's going to have to be incredible to overcome a loving chance teh rapper featurehold up

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

this_is_hard posted:

“Ultra Light Beam” is a plea, a confession, an anointment. It is gospel music that’s hollowed out. There is a choir and an organ, but they sound alone, as if transmitting from an empty heaven. Other voices tangle with faith in a time when God can seem most alive through the destruction of zealots; Kanye prays for Paris. Almighty death and inexplicable persecution cast shadows over this song, lingering in its empty spaces—these forces shape the stray glimmers that manage to break through.
this is so bad

Mr. Sickos
May 22, 2011

this is what happens when one man actually gets all that power.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
And in this case power is cocaine

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
bowie recorded his greatest work while on so much cocaine that he doesn't remember making it

I have faith in Kanye

but also :ohdear: http://www.stereogum.com/1859321/rhymefest-says-kanye-west-needs-mental-health-counseling/news/

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

OVO SOUND RADIO LETS GOOOOO

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Huh?

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Turn on Beats 1. It's a tribute to Kanye/He may be the guest on it. Wouldn't be surprised if they played some poo poo from it

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I see. gently caress it. I'll wait

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Its a good mix so far actually

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
I don't think ye actually does Coke. He has kids.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

rear end Catchcum posted:

I know you're not trolling, but idk. Besides the argument of being able to raise kids on drugs, I assume he's not around his kids a whole light right now. The last 2 months he's probably been away from home most of the time with the album. They're a power couple lol they have a nanny to raise their kids

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Yeah, nobody with kids does coke.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Kanye retiring from music (or full length albums himself, at least) or taking a very, very long hiatus after this would not at all surprise me.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

goldblums eyes posted:

I know you're not trolling, but idk. Besides the argument of being able to raise kids on drugs, I assume he's not around his kids a whole light right now. The last 2 months he's probably been away from home most of the time with the album. They're a power couple lol they have a nanny to raise their kids

He's always with his kid like literally

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

More likely that he's bipolar, in all honesty.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Listen to The Life Of Pablo by Kanye West on @AppleMusic. https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/id1081197363

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
great content man, keep it coming

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

Listen to The Life Of Pablo by Kanye West on @AppleMusic. https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/id1081197363

Early candidate for AOTY

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Man All Falls Down is so good

Rip Stacy Dash

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Unreal song

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Thank you Drake for playing the good poo poo like Camron

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Dexo posted:

Man All Falls Down is so good

Rip Stacy Dash

one of the best songs of any genre, all time.

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

he's posting biblical word salad on twitter

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
and saying he's 53 mil in debt LOL

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

The REAL Goobusters posted:

He's always with his kid like literally

If this is true that's actually pretty cool. Where was PLOP recorded, does anyone know? I know fantasy was like a 6 month Hawaiian ? retreat

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The titular Pablo is apparently the apostle Paul from the Bible.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

Good Will Hrunting posted:

and saying he's 53 mil in debt LOL

You'd think he'd be making some money with the prices of those clothes he's selling.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

goldblums eyes posted:

If this is true that's actually pretty cool. Where was PLOP recorded, does anyone know? I know fantasy was like a 6 month Hawaiian ? retreat

Mostly near his house in LA and recently in NY. There were a bunch of sessions in Italy and Mexico that never went anywhere, too

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

These are the secrets of death we teach.

d0s posted:

he's posting biblical word salad on twitter

God I hope Kanye becomes a fan of William Burroughs and starts doing Twitter cut-ups.

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

Lord Krangdar posted:

God I hope Kanye becomes a fan of William Burroughs and shoots his wife

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

These are the secrets of death we teach.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

would it be weird to ask for an SNL stream here because I have no idea how to watch this

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Bobby Moynihan has the most punchable face in america.

Hoping for Thug to be carrying a lean cup during the performance. All will be forgiven

E ^^^ have you considered turning on your television to your local NBC affiliate.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Anaranjado posted:

Bobby Moynihan has the most punchable face in america.

Hoping for Thug to be carrying a lean cup during the performance. All will be forgiven

E ^^^ have you considered turning on your television to your local NBC affiliate.

i don't have an antenna or whatever

too bad Aereo got shut down :(

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Kanye doesn't gently caress with people too poor for an antenna. This performance aint for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

i think you'll find that Kanye is for The People

• Locked thread